Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I just don't get fandom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
The people who drill and hammer above me all the time at inappropriate hours (now I'm pretty sure they're just building furniture due to last night) were having a loud rear end party that got progressively louder as the night went on / they got drunker. I called management at 10pm on Friday cause they were hammering at 10:00 pm, but last night I had to have a "kids get off my lawn" and call management to tell them to shut the gently caress up. They were SCREAMING and stomping their feet on the ground so it makes sense why they were building furniture on Friday--to get ready for the party. But drat people 1130pm?

Luckily they stopped hammering Friday after I called the first time and they (sort of) quited down after like 12:00am Sunday. They've been doing the hammering/drilling for years though and I'm just tired of it.

Get off my lawn! (It's literally against building policy to have construction past 5/6pm and 9pm-8am are "quiet hours" and until 10am on Sundays).

I'm not gonna write a formal complaint (yet) cause you had a party on Saturday ok, you quited down a bit when I called and I get being having friends over but I'm tired of the 9-10pm hammering and drilling and this party was just excessive. I should NOT be able to hear you stomping, yelling, and drilling/hammering because I have 10 foot ceilings!

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 18:04 on Nov 18, 2018

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

aardwolf posted:

Some lady halfway around the world has presumably forgotten how to spell her email address and has started signing mine up for things.

I hope little Ian made his orthodontist appointment on time :ohdear:

I have a similar situation and because I'm a spiteful oval office, I sure hope Melanie gets fined to poo poo for missing the inspections for her stupid old Camaro.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
I got in on Gmail early and have firstname.lastname, but my name is unique enough that it's no problem.

My buddy with the name equivalent of Mike Smith, though? I can't even imagine.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Queen Combat posted:

I got in on Gmail early and have firstname.lastname, but my name is unique enough that it's no problem.

My buddy with the name equivalent of Mike Smith, though? I can't even imagine.

Same, I have a firstname.lastname gmail too.

Then I decided to change my name and got lucky and firstnameinitial.middlename.lastname was free for my new name.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
While deciding on a new name, I had the option for either <Firstname><Lastname> or <Firstname><O'Lastname> (Irish, two versions). Guess which one was available on Gmail?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

They decided to have me working by myself every night and preparing food and filling drinks in a back area that I can't keep an eye on a store full of merchandise from. Thefts are gonna skyrocket but I'll get in trouble if I claim I have no food or drink! :toot:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
(Yes america is 3rd world :911: ) but I had to go to the hospital but I'm gonna billed my $250 copay cause I couldn't afford it at the time and also a big bill from the [city]EMS. Yay, how am I gonna pay those and I'm 99999.999999999999% sure I'm about to lose my insurance so I am hosed.

3rd world problem: you can't get healthcare.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I should know by now never to get excited for movies because the ones I want to see always turn out poo poo. See Alien Covenant, Predator, Wreck It Ralph 2. If the sequel totally negates the message of the first movie, it's a bad sequel.

My period is coming so I'm stupid emotional and seeing a movie that I thought would be good has me stupid angry.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Cowslips Warren posted:

I should know by now never to get excited for movies because the ones I want to see always turn out poo poo. See Alien Covenant, Predator, Wreck It Ralph 2. If the sequel totally negates the message of the first movie, it's a bad sequel.

My period is coming so I'm stupid emotional and seeing a movie that I thought would be good has me stupid angry.

FWP: Wreck It Ralph 2 isn't coming out where I live until January, so I'll have to dodge spoilers on the internet until then.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I know I talk about being super poor and I am and so is my family, but they and some extended (moms boyfriends') family saved up to get me an Apple Watch cause I want/need to start exercising. But I am so confused at how to use it. I couldn't even turn the thing on, attach the wristbands, or get to the home screen for hours. I'm still having trouble getting to the home screen. :( I remember working at the Apple store over 10 years ago and showing old people (like in their 60s) how to do basic tasks on their computers. That is how I am with this watch. I am old :cry:

Also apparently a bunch of apps were removed which makes me sad so I can't use it for Pandora; I guess it's coming back but :(

E: oh and I also can't find my Bluetooth earpiece so what is the point of me paying an extra $10 a month if I can't even use that?

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 19:38 on Nov 24, 2018

Mzuri
Jun 5, 2004

Who's the boss?
Dudes is lost.
Don't think coz I'm iced out,
I'm cooled off.
Why do you need a watch to start exercising?

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Mzuri posted:

Gotta follow the subject of the sentence: wants/needs to start exercising, the watch is merely a bonus.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Thin Privilege posted:

I know I talk about being super poor and I am and so is my family, but they and some extended (moms boyfriends') family saved up to get me an Apple Watch cause I want/need to start exercising. But I am so confused at how to use it. I couldn't even turn the thing on, attach the wristbands, or get to the home screen for hours. I'm still having trouble getting to the home screen. :( I remember working at the Apple store over 10 years ago and showing old people (like in their 60s) how to do basic tasks on their computers. That is how I am with this watch. I am old :cry:

Also apparently a bunch of apps were removed which makes me sad so I can't use it for Pandora; I guess it's coming back but :(

E: oh and I also can't find my Bluetooth earpiece so what is the point of me paying an extra $10 a month if I can't even use that?

Press the rotary button to leave wherever you are for the "watch face", then press it again to get into menu with all apps. Press the flat button wherever to open a list of your most recent apps, press it again to just go back to what you were doing.

Mzuri
Jun 5, 2004

Who's the boss?
Dudes is lost.
Don't think coz I'm iced out,
I'm cooled off.

Queen Combat posted:

Gotta follow the subject of the sentence: wants/needs to start exercising, the watch is merely a bonus.

Thin Privilege posted:

saved up to get me an Apple Watch cause I want/need to start exercising.

:colbert:

Also maybe sell the Apple Watch to pay for some of those medical expenses?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Apple watch means you also spent a fortune on an iPhone. Be like me and spend $180 on a motorola. It's like 95% an iPhone.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Got me a mint used LG V30+ for $200 earlier this year. Same screen, processor, and RAM as the big boy Samsungs, a headphone jack and microSD slot, no touchwiz and easy rootability without popping an E-fuse. Just no Samsung logo and they don't sell cases for it on every street corner. Next phone will be similar, in 2 years when I decide to get one.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Bored bored bored.

Bored bored bored bored bored bored booooooooored booored bored bored.

Bored.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Bored bored bored.

Bored bored bored bored bored bored booooooooored booored bored bored.

Bored.

Hey! Do you mind? I'm listening to the radio.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Mzuri posted:

It has apps that track workouts and you can get apps that explain gym machines and I am antisocial so I'm not gonna ask people how to use them. And I'm trying to start exercising and tracking that poo poo is very helpful. Also my heart sucks so it's good that it'll tell me if I'm dying or not (I know my max heart rate and compared it to my expensive bp/hr monitor and it was only off by 1 bpm)

Anyways it was a gift, that's the point. I never would have used my money (if I had any) to buy one.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 17:58 on Nov 26, 2018

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Sunswipe posted:

Hey! Do you mind? I'm listening to the radio.

Nice.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Mzuri posted:

:colbert:

Also maybe sell the Apple Watch to pay for some of those medical expenses?

I got a payment plan.

E: how would you feel if a bunch of people who loved you and are family and extended family saved up for months to buy you this $400 thing when they and you are all in debt, and you sell it immediately? I mean comethe gently caress on.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 18:05 on Nov 26, 2018

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My CPU is sitting idle at 80C and it finally occurred to me that I haven't cleaned my case in about a year. Maybe more.

I cracked it open, cleaned out the sheep dog level of dust and it hasn't helped the issue.
All games I play are a stuttering mess.

Oh, the thermal paste!

So dry that it might as well not exist.

I gotta clean and apply some more once I get some in and PRAY that I didn't kill my CPU for good.

At least I can still shitpost without any issue.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

My CPU is sitting idle at 80C and it finally occurred to me that I haven't cleaned my case in about a year. Maybe more.

I cracked it open, cleaned out the sheep dog level of dust and it hasn't helped the issue.
All games I play are a stuttering mess.

Oh, the thermal paste!

So dry that it might as well not exist.

I gotta clean and apply some more once I get some in and PRAY that I didn't kill my CPU for good.

At least I can still shitpost without any issue.

Yeah, I gotta dust out my PC too, it's been too long.

I should pick up a new air compressor. I love having one around and never having to buy canned air.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Hooray, hooray, credit card day.
I only use a small amount of my available credit and even that little bit of money could probably change the lives of many people in the world, maybe here in the US, too. Damned if I like seeing the bill every month though.

If I am ever (God forbid) diagnosed with a terminal illness, I should buy a small village somewhere on credit. Move some people out of mud huts and leave the bank with... a bunch of foreclosed mud huts.

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007
I can do twice the work in half the time

Mzuri posted:

My wife is an RN and deals with post-op ortho patients, mostly total joint replacement. She and the rest of her group have found that patients are more responsive to an electronic device reminding them to do their recovery exercise and activity than a human doing the same thing. This is especially true if the devices track a streak, people love streaks.

But what is really interesting, is that the patients love the little bits of praise the devices give. When an actual human praises them, they are often suspicious or dismissive of the praise.

So, a little buzz on your wist and fireworks going off on your Fitbit gets more results than a living human telling you "Good work!"

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

Cat rear end Trophy posted:

So, a little buzz on your wist and fireworks going off on your Fitbit gets more results than a living human telling you "Good work!"

My FWP is that there are three different possible animations on my fitbit when I hit my goal: a spinning star, some fireworks, and a rocket ship. The rocket ship is my favourite, but I only seem to get it like twice a month.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

My fitbit does give me achievements and it feels good but I wish you could cash in achievement points for a free fitbit in the future

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I've been going to the Gym lately and lost a small but nice amount of weight (2.5kg) in the first 2 weeks. Annoyingly though, my legs are starting to act up again (I used to have really bad posture and it caused my hip pains, so I saw a doctor who referred me to a physiotherapist who told me how I could fix my posture, and gave me some stretches to relieve the tension), so I can't run for a bit until the pain subsides. I've been doing the stretches the physiotherapist gave me, and they just aren't working as well as they should be, so until my muscles finish aching I can't work out for a few days.

I have bad hips and I'm only 31. It sucks.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Thin Privilege posted:

I got a payment plan.

E: how would you feel if a bunch of people who loved you and are family and extended family saved up for months to buy you this $400 thing when they and you are all in debt, and you sell it immediately? I mean comethe gently caress on.

It's alright, I get it, sometimes people can afford the payment plan worked into their budget, but not the item outright. Especially on mobiles since the payment plans also have no interest.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Someone tried to hack into my wireless account. Amusingly coincidental.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Drove around like a madman trying to get poo poo done around lunchtime so I could get back to the office for an important meeting.

Important meeting was cancelled. :argh:

(Also, I can never decide whether to use "canceled" or "cancelled". When I use one, the other seems right.)

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
My grocery store always has a big rear end display of Bacardi next to the cat food section ( :thunk: ) and every time I see it I get a Cardi B song stuck in my head. Not too much of a problem cause I love Cardi B but I just don't like getting songs stuck in my head.

They call me Cardi Bardi, banging body
Spicy mami, hot tamale

E: oh and I think my Apple Watch is using my cellular data but there's no way to loving tell! And my network is hidden :tinfoil: so I can't manually connect. And no I will not make it non-private.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 07:17 on Nov 28, 2018

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
After a recent FireOS update, my Fire 10HD tablet drains the battery in less than a day.
Biggest users are Alexa, which I do not have turned on and logd, which I guess logs stuff, I don't know.
I could go a week without charging it before, but now its every day.

Also, my wife and I are having simultaneous mid-life crises.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Today's a day I am working from home and my girlfriend has taken her dog to a doggy daycare so I'm completely home alone without a dog to break the isolation by occasionally bumping into me wanting attention or giving me an excuse to get up and leave the house by taking it on a walk.

frogge has a new favorite as of 20:01 on Nov 28, 2018

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I got bleu cheese mac for lunch expecting it to be regular mac with bleu cheese crumbles.

No, it's a bleu cheese soup with noodles.
The taste and smell is AFFECTING.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I've had this awful cold for 2 days now, and my appetite is still not returning, so for 2 days I've barely eaten anything (when I had a full meal for tea the first night, before I realised I had it, at 1am the following morning I was throwing the whole thing up) except today where I had a rye cracker and a bowl of tomato soup and that's it. I've been able to keep those down, but I want this cold to go away because sometimes I've been getting all chilly, which I think is a mild fever, and also I want to be able to EAT.

I've had a couple of times where my stomach rumbled, but that was nothing, as I know what it feels like when the cold blows over and the appetite returns - it's not just a usual rumble, it's your stomach screaming for anything to eat, it's your body finally feeling like it hasn't eaten for 2 days and it's sooo satisfying to satiate it because you know that this time, you'll keep it down. It's the most satisfying meal of the month because of that, even if it's just a store bought sandwich, a soda and a chocolate bar.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Dealing with tech job recruiters is a physically painful experience and I hate it.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I have to work on my birthday.

I got fancy cupcakes and deli mac n cheese to eat on my break to make up for it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Dealing with tech job recruiters is a physically painful experience and I hate it.

I'm a QA engineer -- not even senior -- and I get calls from recruiters about senior software engineer positions, QA lead positions, developer positions, yadda yadda yadda. It never loving ends, and it's NEVER about a position I'm actually qualified for. gently caress.