Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Azuth0667 posted:

I've been pvping a lot on a stamina dragonknight and this pubbie had a meltdown:

Welcome to the world of PvP

Also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIJtEmBSopw

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Nov 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

ok

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo

Rocketpriest posted:

So way back when this first came out I bought the Imperial Edition and never actually played it on release because the combat in the beta felt all floaty and weird. Has this been addressed in the last four years? If I do play it for a bit should I pick up one or more of the expansions or whatever they are?

I played the beta and experienced exactly what you're talking about, and it's a completely different game now. Combat's a thousand times better, as is basically everything else.

You get access to all the DLC if you have a sub, so it might be worth it to sub for just a month and try everything out?

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
Summerset was on sale so I guess I'm back on this bullshit. Time to steal everything that isn't nailed down while puking poison on anyone trying to stop me.

e; Looks like I got booted during an inactive purge I'm guessing. Can I get an invite to Chill Bros on @bombogenesis?

Bombogenesis fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Nov 27, 2018

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

I've reached 50 on a templar, where do I go from here? I'd like to heal in dungeons and do some PvP too.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Elderbean posted:

I've reached 50 on a templar, where do I go from here? I'd like to heal in dungeons and do some PvP too.

Start working on your CP levels. You want to get to CP160 asap. Make sure you have some up to date gear and queue as a healer in the dungeon group finder and/or BG queue, head to Cyrodiil and support groups there; you have lots of options.

If you need some good healer and/or PVP gear for your level, let me know! @Coldforge in game.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
I bought Summerset in the sale, yay Raz! How are magsorcs these days, compared to about a year ago? Are the "DLC"s after Clockwork worth getting?

count_von_count
Nov 6, 2012

Oh man, I'm getting further into the Bright-Throat quest and :smithfrog:

e: welp, at least we could save one, kind of.

count_von_count fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Nov 28, 2018

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
I completed a random dungeon (after waiting like half an hour for a group), and I got the daily dungeon reward (the premium undaunted supplies?), but I didn't get the Mysterious Reward Crate from the event, which means I didn't get any Event Tickets. I was already behind from missing the Witch event, but I did daily quests every day of the Clockwork City event, and was set to get my 2nd Indrik Feather today too :(

I put in a ticket, so hopefully they can grant it to me.

Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

"The basis of the Juche Idea is that man is the master of all things and the decisive factor in everything."
- Kim Il-Sung
I thought the event starts on Thursday?

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.
Uh the undaunted event doesn’t start till the 29th.

zjentohlauedy
Feb 27, 2006

Bad sportsmanship. A ruthless minority of people seem to have forgotten good old-fashioned virtues. They just can't stand seeing the other fellow w
Yeah the event didn't start yet, but let us know if they give you free event tickets.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
Whaaat.

Why is it being spammed on the launcher if it hadn't actually started :saddowns:

Now I feel like an rear end in a top hat. I'll have to cancel the ticket in the morning.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Annath posted:

Whaaat.

Why is it being spammed on the launcher

It's...not?

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
The EARN A FREE INDRIK MOUNT thingie is spammed on the launcher roulette.
Clicking on it will take you to the webpage that lists the dates for the various stages

Its clearly stated that the next event is Nov 29th:

Undaunted Celebration Event: November 29 – December 5

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
I'm just a bit confused about Undaunted quests because I've never felt like doing them until now. If you get assigned, say, Elden Root II, can you just queue that dungeon and join with pubbies or do you need to do it with a guild?

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Starshark posted:

I'm just a bit confused about Undaunted quests because I've never felt like doing them until now. If you get assigned, say, Elden Root II, can you just queue that dungeon and join with pubbies or do you need to do it with a guild?

If you’re talking about the daily pledge, then you can select the dungeon through the dungeon finder and queue with pubs. You don’t need to do it with a premade group but that option is always available too.

For the undaunted event, you need to do a random dungeon so you can’t queue any particular one.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Oceanbound posted:

If you’re talking about the daily pledge, then you can select the dungeon through the dungeon finder and queue with pubs. You don’t need to do it with a premade group but that option is always available too.

For the undaunted event, you need to do a random dungeon so you can’t queue any particular one.

Oh, okay - and you can just queue with randoms for that one too? My guilds always call for people for random normals so nbd.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Yeah you can queue for randoms with pugs. But queuing with even one other person usually means you will get in way faster.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
I wanted to reassure y'all that I remembered to close that ticket when I woke up this morning.

I just had some kind of brain fart, assumed that one event would begin as soon as the previous one ended.

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

I’m starting ESO and I assume that foregoing the sub early on makes sense as there is already plenty of content for a new player? Or is it sort of a ghost town in the main zones?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

curlys gold posted:

I’m starting ESO and I assume that foregoing the sub early on makes sense as there is already plenty of content for a new player? Or is it sort of a ghost town in the main zones?

You're fine without a sub until you know you need one. You'll know when that is (bc you want craft bag/bank storage/housing, etc).

zjentohlauedy
Feb 27, 2006

Bad sportsmanship. A ruthless minority of people seem to have forgotten good old-fashioned virtues. They just can't stand seeing the other fellow w
For me it was about 2 hours into the game when i ran out of bag and bank space.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Big tip for newer people on that end that the game doesn't say anywhere, at least as far as I can remember, there's bag merchants in some of the capital cities who'll expand your inventory and bank space quite a bit for gold.

Rollersnake posted:

There's a pack merchant in every main city in every region in the game.

Woops, I thought they were only in a few places :downs:

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Nov 29, 2018

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
There's a pack merchant in every main city in every region in the game.

Yardbomb posted:

Woops, I thought they were only in a few places :downs:

Some of them are inexplicably impossible to find when you are actively looking for them. Like the one in Davon's Watch.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Nov 29, 2018

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

:w00t: Despite being stranded in the rear end end of nowhere I managed to get my Murkmire login bonus and looking at my collectibles list I realize I have like Clockwork City and the Dark Brotherhood and other stuff too, I should really play this game more and try all that.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
In addition to bag merchants you can also visit the stables once a day and increase your mounts stats in increments of 1, including carrying capacity, for free.

zjentohlauedy
Feb 27, 2006

It's not free, it's 250 gold. Which is basically free if you play on the character at all, but still.

twerkyoulater
May 1, 2007
fucking gary
I recently started playing and would like to join the goon guild. Name is @andrecht, thanks.

Iverron
May 13, 2012

twerkyoulater posted:

I recently started playing and would like to join the goon guild. Name is @andrecht, thanks.

likewise, @Tetrachromacy

frest
Sep 17, 2004

Well hell. I guess old Tumnus is just a loverman by trade.
Did they fix the group-finder issues?

screwtape
Nov 8, 2006
I recently came back to the game and would love some goony greentext. @brokenwitch

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Invites sent to the last 3 guys, welcome aboard!

frest posted:

Which ones would that be? My healer queues are instant :colbert:

e: okay yeah apparantly the group finder can get a hangup and leave you queuing

valuum fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Dec 1, 2018

frest
Sep 17, 2004

Well hell. I guess old Tumnus is just a loverman by trade.
@frestdjm if you could shoot me an invite please

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Somehow I've never suffered from this matchmaker hanging problem

zjentohlauedy
Feb 27, 2006

frest posted:

Apparently they are going to fix it tomorrow (saturday) morning.

zjentohlauedy
Feb 27, 2006

valuum posted:

Invites sent to the last 3 guys, welcome aboard!

Which ones would that be? My healer queues are instant :colbert:

e: okay yeah apparantly the group finder can get a hangup and leave you queuing

Yeah, the problem isn't how long you wait in the queue, it's when you finally get to the front the ready check breaks and you get left hanging in a forever loop of waiting for ready or never get a group after a bunch of people supposedly decline even though it said you are in the front of the queue.

rainer516
Jan 22, 2005

American Hero
Is the EU guild still active? Asking again for an invite @Rainer516 -

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
I was plagued with the never ending group finder decline loop for the first 30 or so levels. Every single day id spend an hour clicking the ready check only to get the message that someone declined. Since then i have gotten it a few times at most for each queue.

If i was given invite rights in the EU guild id totally invite people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

rainer516 posted:

Is the EU guild still active? Asking again for an invite @Rainer516 -

Tried to send an invite, but it said "Account not found." Think you are just offline? I'll try again tomorrow.

edit: send me a /tell on @madhabmatics