Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

KingSlime posted:

I unorincally love overpaying for old ports as long as it means p o r t a b i l i t y

Over There posted:

Asking mom to keep the lights on in the car so you could see your GBA

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

if not for a couple great pokemons and fire emblem awakening id probably regret having ever bought the 3ds
(i just remembered that they made a sequel to FE:A which i bought 1/3 of and I'm shuddering)

im still not 100% in love with the switch but its a considerable step up just by being able to port actual good games to it even if I've already played them for cheaper years ago

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Hentai Jihadist posted:

if not for a couple great pokemons and fire emblem awakening id probably regret having ever bought the 3ds
That's gonna be a yikes from me dog.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
3ds did have SMTV and SMTVA, some of my favoritest games of all time

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Fire Emblem Conquest owns a lot.

Also Picross 3D 2 alone makes the console worth owning.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

TheScott2K posted:

Nintendo really made a whole lot of new people interested in video games with the DS and Wii who promptly decided phone games were good enough

Sometimes I'm amazed how much cheap phone and tablet games get right that Nintendo whiffs, despite their lack of polish. Mainly ease of menus and lack of required reading

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

There's a huge library of DS and 3DS games that I'm sure I can play for years to come. Hell there are some actual games I own that I've barely touched.

Admittedly it'd be nice if I could've waited 3 years or whatever for Nintendo to get their poo poo together and I could only purchase 1 console rather than...5 I've purchased throughout its lifespan. But hey, that's just how Nintendo rolls.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

The Kins posted:

This was the 3DS launch line-up in the US:

It also had the entire ds library so it wasn't that dire to buy one, or at least I tell myself that to justify spending however much on it with my high school job money

Ngl still played it up until like a month or 2 ago when the r button broke, def worth it eventually

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
I have a gaggle of 7 nieces and nephews, aged 6 - 12. If I showed up at Christmas with a labo and said "hey guys let's put this together" would that be suicide? Is there a way to make it by dividing up jobs and have everyone work on it or do you need to do one step at a time in order?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

punk rebel ecks posted:

There's a reason why Nintendo won't be launching a 4DS.
All that plus they have been tepidly signalling they wanted to put all their eggs in the Switch basket since day 1. Now that's an absolute.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

WHY BONER NOW posted:

I have a gaggle of 7 nieces and nephews, aged 6 - 12. If I showed up at Christmas with a labo and said "hey guys let's put this together" would that be suicide? Is there a way to make it by dividing up jobs and have everyone work on it or do you need to do one step at a time in order?

One step at a time in order.

Theoretically if you had all the instructions you could hand them out but there's no way to do that

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

WHY BONER NOW posted:

They're gonna watch you build it, just like my nephew who wanted to play with a robot arm but only had a collection of pieces of a robot arm

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

mandatory lesbian posted:

It also had the entire ds library so it wasn't that dire to buy one, or at least I tell myself that to justify spending however much on it with my high school job money

Ngl still played it up until like a month or 2 ago when the r button broke, def worth it eventually

I don't think that was much of a consideration for most people since they were probably coming from the DS to the 3DS; it's why I didn't pick up a 3DS until way after launch.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

One step at a time in order.

Theoretically if you had all the instructions you could hand them out but there's no way to do that

TheScott2K posted:

They're gonna watch you build it, just like my nephew who wanted to play with a robot arm but only had a collection of pieces of a robot arm

Hmm, noted. Thanks.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
There's a Fitness Boxing demo on the European eShop

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

How is it?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
How doth I ride my ONIX Pokemon? I am told I "take them out of the Pokeball" and I will automatically be riding them. I do not see how to take them out of the Pokeball.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Feenix posted:

How doth I ride my ONIX Pokemon? I am told I "take them out of the Pokeball" and I will automatically be riding them. I do not see how to take them out of the Pokeball.

Click on them in your party. It's on the little pop up menu where you can check their summary and stuff.

They have to be in your party also

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Holy dang, I had no idea the Switch has Youtube now.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Sometimes I'm amazed how much cheap phone and tablet games get right that Nintendo whiffs, despite their lack of polish. Mainly ease of menus and lack of required reading

Eh, there's maybe ten super solid phone games out of an oversaturated, multi-lingual market of thousands. It's all still pretty relative.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

pichupal posted:

Didn't the 3DS also have a horrible set of launch games? And I remember confusion when they called it a launch window or something to make it sound like more stuff was releasing earlier, like Kid Icarus and Mario Kart 7.

Yeah there was nothing worth playing on release, it was a really sparse launch.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I constantly forget that Rayman 3D was a thing lol

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Everyone forgets the DS had a pretty rough launch too, iirc it took the DS Lite for it to really pick up. At first Nintendo wasn't fully committed and considered it a 'third pillar' to the GBA and Wii.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Augus posted:

This is making me unreasonably angry

Your anger is entirely reasonable.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Everyone forgets the DS had a pretty rough launch too, iirc it took the DS Lite for it to really pick up. At first Nintendo wasn't fully committed and considered it a 'third pillar' to the GBA and Wii.

You mean GameCube?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Kirby update is out.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

oh hell yeah..

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Gamerofthegame posted:

Eh, there's maybe ten super solid phone games out of an oversaturated, multi-lingual market of thousands. It's all still pretty relative.

All the crappy games my kid plays on his Kindle like anything from toca Boca all end up being a lot more intuitive and easy for him to figure out than his DS games.

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Nov 30, 2018

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The 3Ds also had a huge dry spell when Nintendo figured out that the WiiU was failing and moved all their resources to it.

That’s right when I bought into the 3ds and it sucked

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

All the crappy games my kid plays on his Kindle like anything from toca Boca all end up being a lot more intimate and easy for him to figure out than his DS games.
Sorry about your dumb son.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Guys, Monic Sania released on the eshop with a demo

https://twitter.com/xseedgames/status/1068218588266471424?s=21

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Dr. Fetus posted:

Kirby update is out.

Oh gently caress I forgot that was this week!

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Well they definitely made the bosses not instantly die to 4 players this time (unless you opt to set Whispy on fire again, in which case never mind.) And got rid of a ton of blind spots that were in some of their attacks before.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

I bought it at the sale price. It's a good not-quite-Sonic if you ignore the story.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Heath posted:

I bought it at the sale price. It's a good not-quite-Sonic if you ignore the story.

It's cool there is an option to actually do that.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

"Like a good Sonic game if you ignore the story" also describes the better Sonic games

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

RandomFerret posted:

"Like a good Sonic game if you ignore the story" also describes the better Sonic games

That describes none of the Sonic games

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

RandomFerret posted:

The better Sonic games tell their stories through short cutscenes with no dialogue which make for fun and entertaining framing devices to drive the gameplay forward so the plot does nothing but add to the experience

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I can’t see Freedom Planet topping Sonic turning into Super Sonic due to making out with a human teenage girl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Weedle posted:

You mean GameCube?

I knew I had something mixed up there, it was a while ago now.

Mega64 posted:

I can’t see Freedom Planet topping Sonic turning into Super Sonic due to making out with a human teenage girl.

It's mostly just mediocre fanfic tier (basically starring various OCs) with bad voice acting.