Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

I mean the blame is definitely on the people committing the fraud but who listens to somebody who says "just sign your ballot and give it to me, I'll fill it out later I swear this is real"

Undecided voters would absolutely do that, as they are verifiably the dumbest people on the earth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

cheetah7071 posted:

I mean the blame is definitely on the people committing the fraud but who listens to somebody who says "just sign your ballot and give it to me, I'll fill it out later I swear this is real"

one time a nurse liquidated her husband's retirement savings and mortgaged their house for an advance fee fraud to the tune of 400,000 dollars or something.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Petr posted:

The worst possible outcome is that Trump dies before the Mueller investigation is complete. It would be politically very easy for Republicans to downplay or even suppress investigation results, and most of the corruption will stay.

Otoh the world would be free of Trump, so

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

my bony fealty posted:

Trump dying before being thoroughly discredited will lead to another, smarter Trump almost immediately.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Petr posted:

The worst possible outcome is that Trump dies before the Mueller investigation is complete. It would be politically very easy for Republicans to downplay or even suppress investigation results, and most of the corruption will stay.

I don't think the stink would fall on the Republicans as much as it should but it will still turbo gently caress everyone close to Trump. Junior could still go to prison and the Republicans wouldn't bat an eye to try stop it.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Trump just landed in Argentina

God, he's gone so pale even his spray tan can't hide it anymore.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ague Proof posted:

He's not quite there yet.

The onion's bannon pictures were the best.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

my bony fealty posted:

I, without fail, think about how nice it would be if Donald Trump blew his o-ring and voided himself during a tempy at least once a day. I say it out loud maybe twice a week.

Now that poo poo actually might matter I would donate a kidney* to keep him alive so I can watch him deteriorate in real time.

*lol no loving way

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

Petr posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadaver_Synod

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Family affair

https://mobile.twitter.com/yashar/status/1068313709691301888

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Yeah ok he's gonna try to fire Mueller now.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

cheetah7071 posted:

You are insanely tuned in to politics if this kind of thing is just second nature to you.

You'd be amazed how uninformed people are about how voting goes down, and how much trust people would just put that someone is fixing their problems somehow if there are issues. It makes a lot of sense that a conman/woman could pull something like this off in some communities.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

So do Vegas bookies have odds on which Trump goes to prison first?

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Is it weird that I've started feeling bad about making fun of Loomer? It's pretty clear that she's severely ill mentally.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1068327529600040960

Man, this clip just gets funnier over time

Its gonna be in every documentary about this poo poo forever

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

The Glumslinger posted:

Holy hell I don't remember this at all. Its amazing.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

The Glumslinger posted:

It's like a Golden Age Simpsons joke :allears:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
A post so nice I made it twice.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

When they inevitably make a movie about the Trump campaign and presidency, they should call it "Individual 1."

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I don't mean to come across as "she's too dumb to have been involved," but I doubt Ivanka had any malicious part in this. Maybe she knew about it obliquely but I doubt she understood the significance.

Now Jr is guilty as the day is long. He knew exactly what he was doing and part of me thinks national tour is about trying to build up enough political capital to escape the legal complications of what he did.

Of course for all we know Tiffany is actually puppet mastering all of this.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

There’s a very short list of things Trump actual cares about and the golden child is one of them. I feel like this could force him to do something erratic.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

FizFashizzle posted:

I don't mean to come across as "she's too dumb to have been involved," but I doubt Ivanka had any malicious part in this. Maybe she knew about it obliquely but I doubt she understood the significance.

What part of anything leads you to this conclusion?

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Pro click zone. Thank you for this.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

enraged_camel posted:

Is it weird that I've started feeling bad about making fun of Loomer? It's pretty clear that she's severely ill mentally.

Maybe she is or maybe she's hardcore into a grift. Hard to say these days.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Petr posted:

You are not very imaginative if you think this the worst possible outcome.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

FizFashizzle posted:

Now Jr is guilty as the day is long. He knew exactly what he was doing and part of me thinks national tour is about trying to build up enough political capital to escape the legal complications of what he did.

You're under estimating the lack awareness of consequences rich people have.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

nine-gear crow posted:

It's like a Golden Age Simpsons joke :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XSh8i46W0Q

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

FizFashizzle posted:

It's a strange argument to make, considering his other children are definitely as dumb or dumber. And it wouldn't be the first time she's been accused of criminal activity.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

FizFashizzle posted:

I think we need to abandon the idea that Ivanka is the “good” one. Sure she plays the game of NY liberal better than the other Trump spawn, but she hasn’t exactly stood up to her fathers push for fascism or her husbands role in it.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

enraged_camel posted:

Is it weird that I've started feeling bad about making fun of Loomer?

Counterpoint:

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
I honestly do not want Trump to die in office. He doesn't deserve a state funeral.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

FizFashizzle posted:

The main difference between Ivanka and Jr is that Ivanka is savvy enough to lay low and make you think "Yeah, Jr seems guilty as hell but maybe Ivanka didn't know what was happening."

Ivanka's always been presented at the smartest and most crucial to the Trump Organization and she's the only one of the kids actually placed in the White House with the Administration. A look back through her own personal history is also a long list of lies, hypocrisy, and false promises hiding cold, greedy decisions.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Mustached Demon posted:

https://twitter.com/cnni/status/1068024084183900160

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Yeah, the place for Trump to die is in federal prison after losing everything he values.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Ivanka married Jared Kuschner, and I can only assume that she did so willingly, so yeah, I’m not giving her the benefit of the doubt. The Trumps are awful.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Mustached Demon posted:

this is of course because 90% of the time they don't have to face consequences

since ivanka is the one child trump cares about(if only because he wants to bang her) she'll just get pardoned

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

lmao this is incredible. Absolutely loving incredible.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

enraged_camel posted:

Just remember she's a Nazi and all that sympathy for her mental illness should dissipate.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

She's the brightest stick in the candy cane tree they've got going on. And Daddy is capable of doing no "wrong".

Source: I got to watch each and every episode of the apprentice. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

BigglesSWE posted:

Ivanka married Jared Kuschner, and I can only assume that she did so willingly, so yeah, I’m not giving her the benefit of the doubt. The Trumps are awful.

by all accounts her businesses are horrible sweatshops so yes she's just as bad as her dad, she's just not a narcissist so she can hide it sometimes