Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

all you need to know about freedom planet’s story is that they had to patch the game to remove a 5-minute slumber party cutscene

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Some fans were actually mad at that! They must be doing something right.

Yeah it's nothing too special, just some my-first-fanfic level writing (and my-first-dub level acting) that you will instantly forget when it's over. I think it's kind of charming, honestly. It's very earnest in its ineptitude.

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!
When are we getting a pilotwings for switch?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Augus posted:

all you need to know about freedom planet’s story is that they had to patch the game to remove a 5-minute slumber party cutscene

Wait, for real? I was streaming the game awhile back, hoping to just make fun of the dumb story, but when I got to that scene I just... couldn't. I stopped shortly after and didn't play the game past that point. So they actually showed some self-awareness and actually took that scene out? It was pretty bad.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I played it at launch and the only thing I remember about it is that it went on way too long. And that there were long pauses in between sections of dialog within the scene.

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
I have too many games to get through I don't even know where to start

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Artic Puma posted:

When are we getting a pilotwings for switch?

I love Pilotwings, but come on bruh.

I really wish the last one wasn't lame as poo poo.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
New Kirby expansion is pretty cool.

Comes with a few new dudes and a harder campaign that makes me feel like I'm not playing a toddler's video game anymore!

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Goddamn the boss fights in the Kirby update are brutal. Oh, and you only need to worry about collecting 100 hearts. You have a leeway of 20 you can miss.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I really, really, really desperately want a Guardian Heroes port to land on the Switch out of the blue. Then again, I want one on the PC, too, but especially on the Switch.

I can dream, dammit. :smith:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Y'all wanna poo poo on the Sonic stories but don't even act like you weren't hype as gently caress when you were a kid and turned into Super Sonic in Sonic Adventure the first time and were fighting this gigantic monster to that sweet Sonic buttrock

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Gonkish posted:

I really, really, really desperately want a Guardian Heroes port to land on the Switch out of the blue. Then again, I want one on the PC, too, but especially on the Switch.

I can dream, dammit. :smith:

I always hope Nintendo acquires Treasure so we can get all those sweet games

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Macaluso posted:

Y'all wanna poo poo on the Sonic stories but don't even act like you weren't hype as gently caress when you were a kid and turned into Super Sonic in Sonic Adventure the first time and were fighting this gigantic monster to that sweet Sonic buttrock

I bought DBZ Fighterz to experience this feeling again by powering up

Spectral Debt
Jan 23, 2004
9999 sucka
What are the good indie games people keep hyping on about on the switch? I bought the MK8 bundle and was excited to see some games in the eshop, looks like 99% shovelware?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

FYI, Freedom Planet is the greatest 2D platformer ever made. Everyone should buy it.

Also, the story is just fine.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Spectral Debt posted:

What are the good indie games people keep hyping on about on the switch? I bought the MK8 bundle and was excited to see some games in the eshop, looks like 99% shovelware?

What do you like in an indie game?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Spectral Debt posted:

CELESTE NIGHT IN THE WOODS UNDERTALE SHOVEL KNIGHT

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I looked up "Kirby lore" on Twitter to see if any bombs had been dropped yet.

https://twitter.com/RubyPassage/status/1068361914076602368

https://twitter.com/RubyPassage/status/1068362378327273473

That sounds ominous.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Macaluso posted:

CELESTE NIGHT IN THE WOODS UNDERTALE SHOVEL KNIGHT

:emptyquote:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Spectral Debt posted:

Shovel Knight, Stardew Valley, Hollow Knight (even though I don’t personally like it, most people consider it a great Metroidvania), Golf Story, Celeste, Binding of Isaac and Undertale are all good things to look at first.

Each game is in a different genre.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I looked up "Kirby lore" on Twitter to see if any bombs had been dropped yet.

https://twitter.com/RubyPassage/status/1068361914076602368

https://twitter.com/RubyPassage/status/1068362378327273473

That sounds ominous.

I was right about everything and I'm going literally insane.

Spoilers: It's hard confirmed that Void is Zero reborn. Literally ASTRAL BIRTH being it's tagline. It then goes on to confirm that Kirby is a good outcome of Zero basically, just hyper condensed.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

Shovel Knight, Stardew Valley, Hollow Knight (even though I don’t personally like it, most people consider it a great Metroidvania), Golf Story, Celeste, Binding of Isaac and Undertale are all good things to look at first.

Each game is in a different genre.

Dead Cells is really really good too.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Hal knows how to be rough when they want to be. The final boss fight of Heroes in Another Dimension is loving chaos.

Makes me wonder what a game from them would be like when they stop holding back.

EDIT: Holy poo poo they actually made it so that some of the bosses' attacks go through your invincibility frames. Guess they finally decided to cut down on that sort of abuse.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Nov 30, 2018

Spectral Debt
Jan 23, 2004
9999 sucka

Heath posted:

What do you like in an indie game?

Worm’s Armageddon, Limbo, Braid, the Witness

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Spectral Debt posted:

Worm’s Armageddon, Limbo, Braid, the Witness

Little Nightmares will scratch that Limbo itch.

Firefighters - The Simulation if you want to scratch that bad game itch that Braid provides :colbert:

Spectral Debt
Jan 23, 2004
9999 sucka
Wait. I just watched the trailer for Golf Story... is this... a Tiger Woods RPG??!! Anyone play it? It looks amazing.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Spectral Debt posted:

Wait. I just watched the trailer for Golf Story... is this... a Tiger Woods RPG??!! Anyone play it? It looks amazing.

Lots of people and its pretty cute.

Get it.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Overcooked 2 & Snipperclips are awesome if you got someone to play with

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Spectral Debt posted:

Its okay, I don't think its a particularly good golf game. But its the next best thing to a real Mario Golf game

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Major Spoilers for Star Allies
Thinking about this title and still laughing

Kirby is wild, man.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Major Spoilers for Star Allies
Thinking about this title and still laughing

Kirby is wild, man.

I don't get it, how are the title and the spoiler connected?

wezmon
Dec 31, 2007
Hi Switch thread! I've been neglecting my machine, but with Smash coming out I've been thinking about dusting it off and getting that. When I last looked 3rd party portable switch docks were suspected to be bricking consoles. Is that still a thing? Are there any miniature adaptors that are proven to be safe? I remember there was one that was a case that you were supposed to crack open an official dock and transfer the guts over, but I'd rather not do that.
Anyone had experience with portable docks?

Edit: Also Nth-ing the Golf Story recommendation. It's rad.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Docks designed to output to TVs are not safe. The Switch in TV mode draws an irregular, variable current that, at present, only Nintendo's chipset can consistently and safely provide.

Portable hubs that can keep the Switch charged in handheld mode are safe.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Electric Phantasm posted:

I don't get it, how are the title and the spoiler connected?

Long winding rabbit hole that only matters to people that like kirby lore/story.
Basically Zero, a eldritch horror gets reborn into that and it's stated that if positive enough it turns into a Kirby. All the jokes about Kirby being a eldritch space horror are true.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Into the breach is another excellent indie game on Switch

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Super Hydorah is a great space shooter, Mighty Gunvolt Burst is the best feeling classic Mega Man style game that isn't Mega Man, Hollow Knight is fuckin A+ metroidvania, Alwa's Awakening and Save Me Mr. Tako! are both retro styled games on completely opposite ends of the spectrum of difficulty, Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon is a love letter to Castlevania 3, Danmaku Unlimited 3 is a great bullet hell shooter.

I think all of those are between 10 and 20 dollars.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Long winding rabbit hole that only matters to people that like kirby lore/story.
Basically Zero, a eldritch horror gets reborn into that and it's stated that if positive enough it turns into a Kirby. All the jokes about Kirby being a eldritch space horror are true.

I meant how is Zero linked? Does something mention Zero or is it based off the design?

I love Kriby lore.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS
What should I be looking for in an SD card for my Switch? Want to go digital for Smash and not run out of space. Probably go with 128 or so, but what speeds do I look for etc?

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
I'm gonna get Smash and I'll probably eventually want the DLC as well, but I don't really want to pay a hundo for the Fighters Pass bundle now if none of the DLC comes out until 2020. I'm probably alright getting the vanilla version now and the Fighters Pass separately sometime closer to the DLC release? From what I can tell it isn't even significantly cheaper to buy the pass this far in advance, but I'm wondering if there's some other early buyer's bonus that I would be missing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spectral Debt
Jan 23, 2004
9999 sucka

Forktoss posted:

I'm gonna get Smash and I'll probably eventually want the DLC as well, but I don't really want to pay a hundo for the Fighters Pass bundle now if none of the DLC comes out until 2020. I'm probably alright getting the vanilla version now and the Fighters Pass separately sometime closer to the DLC release? From what I can tell it isn't even significantly cheaper to buy the pass this far in advance, but I'm wondering if there's some other early buyer's bonus that I would be missing.

All the DLC will be OUT by 2020