Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
titty-mmm-bop-bop-tittays

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Let's kick some gigabutt!

Bleak Gremlin
I just know that thing will end up on r/cummingonfigurines

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Plenty of junk in the trunk (of her car mode)

I’m sorry

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Why would you even want to

WHy would you ever want to

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Excellent job fuckin' that one up in the grossest way.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Coq au Nandos posted:

Fake grill, toy is poo poo
Fake grill, fake chest windows, fake leg gas tanks, even fake grey stripes. I think the only actual truck part is the smokestacks.

It does look really good in robot mode, but if I put it on my shelf I'd always know of that panelforming shame on his back.

Anyway, you know that thing where Reprolabels makes a set to turn a figure into a different, often original, character? I kinda find this one charming. Reminds me of those D-list mail-order figures from G1, like the drill-head guy.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Knormal posted:

It does look really good in robot mode, but if I put it on my shelf I'd always know of that panelforming shame on his back.
Or you can pose him like this in ULTRA PACK PACK MODE

A jet pack on a giant back pack is a bold design choice

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

That Arcee is so hosed up.

What was the company again that did a pretty bad Arcee and photographed her with Springer? It was a series of photos that they actually had to pull from the press package because of the backlash. What I can remember of it is that my friend had to pull a Trailbreaker MP preorder (they basically own every other Trailbreaker) from them because it was that offensive.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

The MSJ posted:

So MP10 was also poo poo?

Hey, new 3rd-party Arcee!

Uhh, maybe no.

If they could make one without all the overt sexualization I would be interested, but nerds gotta thirsty.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Wow, that Arcee stuff is just godawful. Stop doing that! Did no one learn after last time? Also, actually using the Arcee name on the advertising seems... flying too close to the sun? :hmmyes:

Also, that Prime holds no interest for me. Too pricey, too many bits that just sit in the box.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The_Doctor posted:

Did no one learn after last time?
Maybe not, as I have no idea what you're talking about.

Also that Arcee is from a "company" that hasn't released anything so it could practically be a prank for all its worth atm.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Spiderdrake posted:

Maybe not, as I have no idea what you're talking about.

Also that Arcee is from a "company" that hasn't released anything so it could practically be a prank for all its worth atm.

There was a 3P company that released some publicity shots of their Arcee figure with a Springer, and they looked very, uh, rapey. There was a huge backlash, and the pics vanished.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

The_Doctor posted:

There was a 3P company that released some publicity shots of their Arcee figure with a Springer, and they looked very, uh, rapey. There was a huge backlash, and the pics vanished.

This was Fanstoys. And yeah they vanished with a quickness. Thankfully FT didn't decide to double down on the dumbshittery.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

The MSJ posted:

So MP10 was also poo poo?

Hey, new 3rd-party Arcee!

Uhh, maybe no.

Heavier on the cheesecake than is even remotely necessary, but it is still kinda neat, has some Godannar or Mazinger Angels vibes to it

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
ah yes, only the finest umbilically-birthed robot toys from...whoever this company is

OneSizeFitsAll
Sep 13, 2010

Du bist mein Sofa
New Prime looks annoyingly reeeally nice, except for two nitpicks: the apparently quite visible hinge at the bottom of his chest grille in robot mode and the 2D flatness of the fuel cyclinders by the wheels in alt mode. Not bothered by the backpack - I've seen Prime represented with a chunky torso before. Posability looks amazing.

The price is a complete piss-take, though.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Haven't seen this linked yet, and I'm betting a few of you will want to see it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAypJ3ziaqM

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I'd really like a good G1/ Arcee figure in Prime colours.

OneSizeFitsAll
Sep 13, 2010

Du bist mein Sofa
I've put the IDW collection books on my wishlist. I read that there are some weird choices in terms of the reading order they've published, but this seems to be the easiest way to acquire and go through the whole thing.

Question: I know it's G1, but how much does it adhere to the original look? Poring over Google Images, some seem practically the same as ever, some seem a bit different and some seem pretty different (Rodimus, from what I can tell). I don't much like how Rodimus appears compared to his original design - are there going to be a lot of jarring differences or does it mostly feel familiar visually?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

mehall posted:

Haven't seen this linked yet, and I'm betting a few of you will want to see it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAypJ3ziaqM

It irks me these always transform the same way those cheap remote control cars do.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

The_Doctor posted:

It irks me these always transform the same way those cheap remote control cars do.

I get that, but baby steps.

On another note, I'm back to thinking about getting an Ultra Magnus.

The Generations one looks good, but I want to weigh up my options. I'm not sure what 3p ones are available.

I pretty much don't care about scale at all, so long as he's not small, I bought MP-10V lately, but that was tbh partly about price, more than scale, as seen by the fact he's standing with Leader Blaster amongst other things.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

mehall posted:

On another note, I'm back to thinking about getting an Ultra Magnus.

The Generations one looks good, but I want to weigh up my options. I'm not sure what 3p ones are available.

I pretty much don't care about scale at all, so long as he's not small, I bought MP-10V lately, but that was tbh partly about price, more than scale, as seen by the fact he's standing with Leader Blaster amongst other things.

You can get a pretty great KO of the MP for like $80-90. There's KFC Citizen Stack but that's getting hard to find. There's a few Legends class ones out there as well but they tiny.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.

mehall posted:

It literally walks like a baby too

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

The headsculpt on MP Prime v3 is worth $500 alone

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Wait, nevermind on Ultra Magnus chat.

I forgot I liked the look of the War for Cybertron one that's coming out, even if the range is a bit greebly for my liking.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Honestly the up coming UltraMagnus from Generations is the best looking one to me, just because I adore that it keeps the gimmick of the original toy.

You'd think Masterpiece would be all over that but apparently not.

Also honestly, the most baffling thing to me about the whole sexy Arcee poo poo- why would you even use her character? If for whatever reason you have to make a sexy tit and rear end robot toy, just make goddamn Black Arachnia.

For better or worse at least she's supposed to look that way, Arcee has never had a T'n'A design before. It's literally only being made for perverts because it doesn't even take the usual role of 'oh but it looks more official than anything Hasbro has made!'

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Burkion posted:

Honestly the up coming UltraMagnus from Generations is the best looking one to me, just because I adore that it keeps the gimmick of the original toy.

Also honestly, the most baffling thing to me about the whole sexy Arcee poo poo- why would you even use her character? If for whatever reason you have to make a sexy tit and rear end robot toy, just make goddamn Black Arachnia.

For better or worse at least she's supposed to look that way, Arcee has never had a T'n'A design before. It's literally only being made for perverts because it doesn't even take the usual role of 'oh but it looks more official than anything Hasbro has made!'

You gotta think outside the box, man.

Slap some boobs and an rear end or two on this thing and then we can talk:

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

OneSizeFitsAll posted:

I've put the IDW collection books on my wishlist. I read that there are some weird choices in terms of the reading order they've published, but this seems to be the easiest way to acquire and go through the whole thing.

Question: I know it's G1, but how much does it adhere to the original look? Poring over Google Images, some seem practically the same as ever, some seem a bit different and some seem pretty different (Rodimus, from what I can tell). I don't much like how Rodimus appears compared to his original design - are there going to be a lot of jarring differences or does it mostly feel familiar visually?

The fact that even though some seemed different than their G1 counterparts while keeping the same feel and aesthetic is why I started wanting to read them in the first place. It kind of depends on the artist doing it, sometimes characters feel more Prime-Y (like in the Windblade mini serieses), sometimes more G1 (RID/Transformers, Til All Are One) but I felt nothing felt too far off from G1 feeling?

What I'm saying is you won't run into a Bayformer unless it's a complete monster to my recollection.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

OneSizeFitsAll posted:

Not as jarring as old Bayverse designs, no. It feels mostly similar to me, but a lot of these characters never took on an earth mode so I'm cool with it.

You'll probably be fine if you're okay with everyone not having Earth modes.

As long as the art remains constant you don't even really notice. There's a point in the original IDW ongoing where the artists/new artists were instructed to Bayverse it up though, which was not received well and reverted fairly quickly.

A lot of the art changes to bot mode reflect or predict a new toy, some characters like Skids got an official toy based upon the IDW version.

Also, Cybertronians change their appearance or coloration once in a while, just because, or for reasons like Rodimus.

Burkion posted:

But he was never just a white Prime in the cartoon, and cartoon accuracy is apparently paramount.

(I like the upcoming one too.)

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
This ties in nicely with Ultra Magnus talk: I’m obsessing about power armor lately. Wanna buy some rad power armor dudes (though I think they’re all mostly just iterations of Optimus?). 3rd party, KO, I don’t give a care, I just want robots wearing trailers and other larger robots (also wearing trailers or robots).

I picked up the recent POTP Nemesis Prime and I think he is a good power armor robot man. I have MMC’s Demonicus Prominon and MP Star Saber and probably some other dudes who are so cool they wear other dudes for clothes.

I’ve been going back and forth on MakeToys Thunder Manus. I like his look overall but I’ve been unimpressed with the MakeToys stuff I have and I’ve heard about QC issues with his hips.

What’s your favorite power armor bot?

OneSizeFitsAll
Sep 13, 2010

Du bist mein Sofa

Good Listener posted:

Helpful Stuff

Thank you kindly. Sounds like I'd be fine - I'm pretty much only about G1 so wanted to check.

Lot to get through there! Got Absolute Sandman: Overtures coming for my birthday next week (along with a few MP TFs - yay) and still ploughing through to the end of Malazan so God knows when I'll have time but am looking forward to it nonetheless.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
MP BW Megatron has been pushed to april and I'm moving shortly and people have reported having Amazon.jp preorders canceled if they change address and now I'm annoyed that I might not be able to keep my PO price locked in.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.

Captain Magic posted:

What’s your favorite power armor bot?

I know you're sick of hearing about how expensive and awesome they are, but my 100% favorite purchase of the year no regrets is diaclone big powered. It blows the earlier diabattles release out of the water, and the only thing better is a big powered and 3 or 4 little power suits as a team and mobile base all together, a la Metroplex.

https://twitter.com/toshi_takafuji/status/1068469343271309312
https://twitter.com/tanigamishouten/status/1065634793981800449
https://twitter.com/Vapourware/status/1067862435820916736

edit: I need to find a video of the cockpit gimmick

Vaporware fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Nov 30, 2018

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

New Thew:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOGx7kAIPUg

Not that WFC, the other one.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
never noticed the emblem on meg's spine, that's pretty neat

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Dark energon.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I WILL NOT BE DENIED

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

BBTS pre-orders for Ricochet/Stepper and Red Swoop

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Whoa Stepper is cool and might be a good limb for my Elita-1! Especially with the white combiner hand. Does anyone else have a white combiner-part? I had kind of already assumed I'd get an aftermarket Superion kit for her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

He's not quite one and only tier, but that is a drat fine looking Ricochet.