Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Lightning Knight posted:

Um, do you still want to toxx then?

Maybe they know something we don't. :tinfoil:

edit: kitten tax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karthun
Nov 16, 2006

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Lightning Knight posted:

Um, do you still want to toxx then?

I think that's a tox for in a Trump is indicted and if a Trump is not indicted.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Skippy McPants posted:

Cohen's drinks are fine. Russia don't care if he spills all of the beans about how they clowned the entire U.S. political system. What's happening right now is probably near the top of their list for ideal outcomes.

Not if places like deutsche bank keep getting raided. if trump going down means people start seriously looking into money laundering there are going to be a whole lot of pissed off powerful people.

Kak
Sep 27, 2002
This except it is Trump saying "Mueller"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za4BKMMdrXA

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Spite posted:

Not if places like deutsche bank keep getting raided. if trump going down means people start seriously looking into money laundering there are going to be a whole lot of pissed off powerful people.

The financial collapse taught us people with big money will never face consequences.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

mod sassinator posted:

The financial collapse taught us people with big money will never face consequences.

This. If major plutocrats felt a pinch I could buy the possibility of reprisals, but I'm dubious anything close to that will occur.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

mod sassinator posted:

The left of 2008 was not as organized as the left of 2018. That doesn't mean that big money necessarily will face consequences in the future, but it seems more likely now than it did then.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

gritty is gonna be president some day

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

AOC/Gritty 2020

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

https://twitter.com/RepThomasMassie/status/1068136393237557254

:gritin:

https://twitter.com/tomselliott/status/1067746578226704384

:frogout:

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

At least all the Obama worshipers of 2008 will always have their CHOOM GANG! memes. Hope they all feel proud bragging on these forums about giving their last 20 bucks for the month to Obama's campaign because it was The Most Important Election of Our Lives!

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

1glitch0 posted:

At least all the Obama worshipers of 2008 will always have their CHOOM GANG! memes. Hope they all feel proud bragging on these forums about giving their last 20 bucks for the month to Obama's campaign because it was The Most Important Election of Our Lives!

tbh, i was excited for obama in 2008.

he snowed a lot of us

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Condiv posted:

he snowed a lot of us

Yes. Yes he did.

edit: It's why the Trump worship didn't much surprise me. Saw it in 2008, saw it in 2016. Even up to and including a lot of talk about how "the train couldn't be stopped! (send money)". Lots of talks about trains...

1glitch0 fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Nov 30, 2018

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

Condiv posted:

he snowed a lot of us

Really, you snowed yourselves.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I think Obama also drifted right throughout his two terms and the years after. Not that he was any manner of progressive in 2008, but remember that he and Michelle were upper-middle-class professionals and became millionaires during that campaign thanks in large part to his books sales. Whatever his rhetoric, it's reasonable to say that his perspective has shifted over the last decade and not for the better.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

1glitch0 posted:

drat that mildly conservative black man. You totally should have elected the elderly guy riddled with cancer who wanted to turn everything east of the Mediterranean and west of the Caspian Sea into a glass parking lot and who pissed himself in fear when the stock market only just began its free fall a tiny bit.

That would have solved everything...

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

drat that mildly conservative black man. You totally should have elected the elderly guy riddled with cancer who wanted to turn everything east of the Mediterranean and west of the Caspian Sea into a glass parking lot and who pissed himself in fear when the stock market only just began its free fall a tiny bit.

And who would have died and been replaced by the only human being on Earth who could possibly be dumber than Donald Trump, might I add.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Rust Martialis posted:

Really, you snowed yourselves.

nah, he campaigned on a public option and then chose not to pursue it

he campaigned on closing guantanamo and kept it open

he defended bankers after the 2008 crash instead of helping us

what he campaigned on and how he actually governed was extremely different

a lot of people tried to pass that off as him trying to govern farther to the left but being stymied by republicans

him trying to slash social security makes that p obviously untrue though. he got what he wanted, and we didn't

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

That would have solved everything...

Hey, later on, we also coulda voted for the guy who tortured his dog. Options!

Also, if we'd passed on Obama, Hillary woulda got the nomination in 2008. I'm sure that would have worked out much better.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Skippy McPants posted:

Hey, later on, we also coulda voted for the guy who tortured his dog. Options!

Also, if we'd passed on Obama, Hillary woulda got the nomination in 2008. I'm sure that would have worked out much better.

there really wasn't any good options in 2008 (and yeah, hillary would've been worse)

it's too bad bernie didn't primary obama in 2012

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Condiv posted:

there really wasn't any good options in 2008 (and yeah, hillary would've been worse)

it's too bad bernie didn't primary obama in 2012

It wouldn’t have had the same impact as his run in 2016. Americans needed to be shown that Democratic centrism could not save them in times of economic crisis. They needed to try Obama and be disappointed in order for many of them to turn to Bernie and AOC.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Majorian posted:

It wouldn’t have had the same impact as his run in 2016. Americans needed to be shown that Democratic centrism could not save them in times of economic crisis. They needed to try Obama and be disappointed in order for many of them to turn to Bernie and AOC.

It's sobering that even during the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression, the majority of America still wasn't ready to embrace economic populism and accept that the capital class was robbing them left, right, and sideways. Even for those that did acknowledge it, many still clung to the mantle of the embarrassed millionaire, convinced that if they just worked hard enough they could win at a rigged game.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1068442531887632384
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1068444287380025344

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

This man has the same office as Lincoln did.

Captain Morose
Jun 20, 2005
Very legal & very cool.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
This is very powerful tweeting.

USPOL: VERY LEGAL AND VERY COOL

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

For real dude?

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

Captain Morose posted:

Very legal & very cool.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

*Lionel Hutz voice*

"You see judge, it's not just legal, it's very legal and very cool"

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Knowyourmeme comment section, every day: "I love Trump and memes"

Knowyourmeme comment section, every day: "ANOTHER FUPKEN TRUMP MEME :argh:"

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

He is really mad about this.

Morbus
May 18, 2004

lmao he only lightly did a treason

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Lmao 'put up a building somewhere in Russia'. Totally not a flagship building with your name on it in the center of Russia's capitol city.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

lmao what

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Something seems off about these tweets. He definitely did not write or even dictate either of them. Unless his fear-rage has suddenly sharpened his senses and made him cogent for the first time in two decades, I mean...

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

"Very Legal & Very Cool" would be a pretty good name for a dispensary.

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

How is this man so endlessly quotable? Very Legal & Very Cool is just an amazing thing to have on your political tombstone.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Beefeater1980 posted:

How is this man so endlessly quotable? Very Legal & Very Cool is just an amazing thing to have on your political tombstone.

Infinite Monkey Theorem.

The man spues so much gibberish that a decent amount of it will be meme worthy simply by the law of averages.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Nov 30, 2018

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
USPALS Winter: Oh, I get it! I am a very good poster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Just watched a Mastercard commercial where a woman on hidden camera thought she was getting fired for taking a day off, then started crying because MC gave her a real vacation. This country sucks.