Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
I like the cloth seat with leather bolsters combo. Best of both worlds and often looks great. I was grateful for my heated cloth seats yesterday when getting in the car. I don't like cloth generally since my experience is based on cloth seats in the lower trim levels, i.e. rough and lovely. If the cloth was high quality, nice looking and nice feeling I'd reconsider.

A bit washed out from the flash, but this is the seats in my car (from wiki):

Alcantara on touch surfaces can go away though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/jeep-gladiator-pickup-truck-comparison-ford-nissan-chevy-toyota/

How does the Ranger manage to be 10 inches wider than every other midsize truck yet have the smallest interior volume?

That's one of my biggest gripes about the Tacoma etc, the back seats just aren't all that comfortable to ride in for very long if your more than 6 feet tall

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
interior volume metrics are notoriously flawed

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Can’t they just fill a cab with liquid.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Ideally, every truck and suv would have the cab filled with liquid as soon as it rolls off the lot

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

incels interlinked posted:

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/jeep-gladiator-pickup-truck-comparison-ford-nissan-chevy-toyota/

How does the Ranger manage to be 10 inches wider than every other midsize truck yet have the smallest interior volume?

That's one of my biggest gripes about the Tacoma etc, the back seats just aren't all that comfortable to ride in for very long if your more than 6 feet tall

I dunno man if your primary goal is to transplant 6 ft plus people in the back seat then maybe a midsize pickup truck isn't the best option?

Maybe you're the one filling out those JD power surveys complaining that the mini is too small or the wrangler is too noisy.

MarsellusWallace
Nov 9, 2010

Well he doesn't WANT
to look like a bitch!

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Ideally, every truck and suv would have the cab filled with liquid as soon as it rolls off the lot

This is not the Obesity in America thread. Also please don't bodyshame fatties by referring to them as a liquid when they are clearly gelatinous.

Also that new Mazda 3 is making it really hard to convince myself to buy a Veloster N or a Type R since you just know with decent tires it'll be 80% of the fun for half the operating cost. Assuming the new semidiesel engine is any good.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

i can't get over that Mazda3 C-pillar

dare I say the sedan looks like, 100x better?

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

The sedan looks good. reminds me if an older Alfa Romeo for some reason.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I really like the C pillar though. I see (:haw:) a lot of the Miata RF in the surface contouring.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

MrOnBicycle posted:

Alcantara on touch surfaces can go away though.

I put an Alcantara wheel in my car. I love it.

Seats are leather bolsters with Alcantara inners, door panels too.

Alcantara everywhere please.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

The only thing I hate about my alcantara seats is they're a pita to keep clean. I have a salt stain on my back seat that is never coming out.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

KillHour posted:

The only thing I hate about my alcantara seats is they're a pita to keep clean. I have a salt stain on my back seat that is never coming out.

Weird, I had Alcantara seats in my MS3 that I owned for almost 8 years from new and they still looked new when I sold it with minimal or no maintenance. But I guess I didn't do anything to stain them.

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

Same. My S4 has Alcantara centers and leather bolsters, and the Alcantara looks like new. I can believe that a steering wheel would suck though. I don't wear driving gloves, but I'm invariably wearing a shirt and either shorts or pants when I drive.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
I bought a a ‘19 Toyota 86 GT to replace my 28 year old Integra as a DD. It feels like a modern take on my S13 240SX for better or worse (it drives nice but is also slow as balls). I got the TRD springs and Anti-Sway bars which is nice.

I’m very happy with it, although some say I shouldn’t be.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Frond posted:

I bought a a ‘19 Toyota 86 GT to replace my 28 year old Integra as a DD. It feels like a modern take on my S13 240SX for better or worse (it drives nice but is also slow as balls). I got the TRD springs and Anti-Sway bars which is nice.

How much were the TRD springs, and how much stiffer is it?

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

A friend has a C63S with an alcantara steering wheel and he has to clean it regularly otherwise the alcantara gets all matted and starts to feel sticky.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Before I got my wheel I read that only really happens if your hands are always heavily lotioned or you sweat a lot.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
I've had the gt350 wheel in my Mustang for 2 years now and besides a small amount of wear where I hold it the most it still looks great. I don't tend to sweat or have anything on my hands though.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
It's very nice when it's new, but worn alcantara is pretty disgusting. Maybe automakers have improved it, but it's been a long standing criticism toward alcantara that is wears out pretty quickly and becomes really bad to touch.

Looks very nice though.

Sits on Pilster
Oct 12, 2004
I like to wear bras on my ass while I masturbate?

opengl128 posted:

that only really happens if your hands are always heavily lotioned

Count me out then

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
My S60 had leather/cloth seats and they were the absolute best. I had an original Pacifica with suede/leather and that was better than just leather, as well.

I hate all-cloth and I hate all-leather, for whatever reason.

EnergizerFellow
Oct 11, 2005

More drunk than a barrel of monkeys
I'd love to see Mercedes do a hybrid MB-Tex and wool seat cover, if they haven't already. Technically vinyl, but I'll take MB-Tex over cheap automotive-grade leather seats most any day. The Designo stuff is pretty tasty though.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

kimbo305 posted:

How much were the TRD springs, and how much stiffer is it?

1100 CAD, and noticeably without being too punishing. 1” drop. They are quite expensive but it was worth it to me.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

cloth owns

edit: they put it in the Toyota Century so you know that shits legit

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

cloth owns

edit: they put it in the Toyota Century so you know that shits legit

It’s actually even better. It’s wool.

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

Cloth can be good, but the bargain bin garbage they put in virtually all cars ain't it.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Guinness posted:

Cloth can be good, but the bargain bin garbage they put in virtually all cars ain't it.

Same with leather, actually I’d argue cheap leather is even worse than cheap cloth.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

I have burnt my taint on the cheap leather seats in my Focus in the summer

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Speaking of cloth vs leather, the 2019 Volvo v60 configurator has prices now. Rate my build:

https://www.volvocars.com/configuration/22X8VQJ?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=vbs_share

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

AggressivelyStupid posted:

I have burnt my taint on the cheap leather seats in my Focus in the summer

Why are you driving without pants?

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

The Oldest Man posted:

Speaking of cloth vs leather, the 2019 Volvo v60 configurator has prices now. Rate my build:

https://www.volvocars.com/configuration/22X8VQJ?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=vbs_share

Pretty good.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The Oldest Man posted:

Why grey, why not

*looks at the color options*

well, gently caress.

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.

Frond posted:

It’s actually even better. It’s wool.

I prefer even mediocre leather to almost all cloth anyone's putting in a new car today but would 100% rock wool seats.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

How do you guys feel about steel wool seats

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

i can't get over that Mazda3 C-pillar

dare I say the sedan looks like, 100x better?

The sedan has a character line over the rear wheel arch the hatch dropped, so in pictures it definitely looks a bit more normal but in the videos the C-pillar of the hatch seems to work better. It'll be interesting to see it in person.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Goober Peas posted:

How do you guys feel about steel wool seats

Not recommended for people who smoke in the car.

Hmm...actually, no, highly recommended for smokers. Headliner and carpets too.

antimatt
Sep 12, 2007

ultima ratio regum

Frond posted:

I’m very happy with it, although some say I shouldn’t be.

I've DD'd my hyper blue BRZ for three years so far. I've threatened to trade it in and get something else about a dozen times. I've never done it. I love the car. It's my 1986 Corolla GTS that I sold, but with 25 years of refinement and safety added.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I own a flashed WRX and I still prefer to drive my BRZ most days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

MrOnBicycle posted:

It's pretty good looking, but it looks like they've chopped of an R8 front up to the back of the front fenders, and stuck it on an A7.

looks like a Panamera with different fenders to me