Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lmao I bought this full price two days ago :argh:

Worth it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
I keep my PS3 hooked up for NCAA '14 :rip:

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

You've gotta keep every system hooked up possible at all times. I got the PS3, the Dreamcast, you gotta be prepared.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Same

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

acksplode posted:

That is not at all why the Fireflies suck lmao good god

"What are you going to replace the totalitarian security state *with*???"

Well I'd love to know what the rest of the plan is because besides getting killed in every fight they get into and maybe possibly making a cure there doesn't seem to be much going on.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

How has the spider-man dlc been

acksplode
May 17, 2004

RareAcumen posted:

Well I'd love to know what the rest of the plan is because besides getting killed in every fight they get into and maybe possibly making a cure there doesn't seem to be much going on.

And the coffee at their chapter meetings is really bad!

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

fit em all up in there posted:

Pretty average. Did you love love love the main game and or Spider-Man in general? You’ll probably enjoy the DLC. But it really starts to feel repetitive after a while. Too many loving crimes.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

fit em all up in there posted:

First one had a good moment in it that might be the most solid bit of comedy throughout the entire game and the second one picks up with what the first one started laying groundwork for and reminds us to never trust a cop.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Heavy Metal posted:

You've gotta keep every system hooked up possible at all times. I got the PS3, the Dreamcast, you gotta be prepared.

I've got 13 consoles, including a PS3, hooked up ready to go. Enjoy playing all games at any time.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Phone post for an impulse purchase check: Y or N?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

RareAcumen posted:

I bought Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise, 3 people in this thread that've played it, anything I should be looking out for/ gunning for at the beginning?

Theres not much really, its probably helpful to know:

-The locked learnable moves which are along the top of the move experience track are taught to you by another character, Komaki styles.

-However, the yellow experience orbs arent unlimited, so make sure you use/save enough to unlock the bits in between those moves.

-Once the first race is unlocked if you want to unlock another track you have to drive to the place in the wasteland where the track starts and talk to a guy there. Its easy to miss him because hes just a guy standing near a road. Once its unlocked you can race it from Paradise whenever.

-The trouble-finder equivalent item is obtained through the hostess club missions, one of the later ones I think.

-You can make a good bit of cash early on by doing bounty hunter missions.

-Bartending unlocks some sub stories and also increases the items available from various shops.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
I would

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

acksplode posted:

And the coffee at their chapter meetings is really bad!

I know right?! It's like a gallon of water to every cup of beans!

Luckily it looks like Part 2 is more focused on the 'If you see a man on the road, shoot first and shoot to kill' aspect rather than the whole plucky uprising fighting against an evil empire JRPG nonsense. :rolleye:

Oh and speaking of that, hopefully Rage 2 has the story before the last 7% of the game this time.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

My brain is broken and I keep wanting to buy Arkham Knight, a game I absolutely despise, again just to get mad at it

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

That is very irrational although not too out of line with many fellow gamer habits displayed itt.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Yeah I shouldn't be allowed to have money

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
But...it’s good??

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The game part is generally fine, whatever, just no part of it is even as good as City, which itself was already kind of a step down from Asylum. The story's the part I loving hate. Rocksteady's conception of Batman is awful.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

It's time to admit that Batman is just a really lame and played out character.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

exquisite tea posted:

This is just not appropriate.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

exquisite tea posted:

Batman is awesome and the Arkham games are probably the best superhero games made ever. I have yet to play Spider-Man.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Some dev should make a grim dark Captain Planet open world game where you go around the world loving up oil tycoons with extremely graphic nature based fatalities.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Kilometers Davis posted:

Some dev should make a grim dark Captain Planet open world game where you go around the world loving up oil tycoons with extremely graphic nature based fatalities.

:hmmyes:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

Yeah, Batman's just really unlikeable in most of those games. If he was forced to team up with someone he'd be more tolerable. Gimme Batman and Constantine. Or Batman and Plastic Man.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Do you folks like Judge Dredd?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Vikar Jerome posted:

poo poo i was just thinking about insane plot twists in video games and i still remember the ME, DEAR BROTHER *takes off sunglasses* completely blowing my young mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtqsEDAWYSI

Kilometers Davis posted:

Doom kicks the butt straight off of Titanfall 2 (and every other fps) :colbert:

I'd say Tf2 is the best first person shooter of all time, without hesitation.

RBA Starblade posted:

I don't know a single person irl who's played or even heard of either Titanfall game.

Usually there's a reason for this and usually that reason is that you know some dogshit people.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

I didn't find titanfall's mech gimmick that exciting, but what was more disappointing was they had so much nuanced control and types of movement but didn't take advantage of that of having crazy mario/mirror's edge type of levels to exploit that meaningfully.

Turn on your brain's Runner Vision

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

slidebite posted:

Phone post for an impulse purchase check: Y or N?

The game is fun as gently caress. Trackmania is always great.

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
When can or should I start the DLC for Horizon Zero Dawn? I just hit level 30, should I wait and do more story or is it main story agnostic?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Network42 posted:

When can or should I start the DLC for Horizon Zero Dawn? I just hit level 30, should I wait and do more story or is it main story agnostic?

The dialog will adapt to whether or not you've finished the story, but it's balanced for an endgame character anyway. Doing it *too* early might blow some reveals but the point of no return of the main story should be clear.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Network42 posted:

It adjusts to wherever you are in the story, but it's significantly harder than the main game and you'll probably get more out of it the later you go. I'd say definitely do it after Deep Secrets of the Earth at the earliest, and most appropriately immediately before or after The Mountain That Fell.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Network42 posted:

The first enemy type you face is so hard id wait til after you beat the main game. Then again I did it on ultra hard my first time but scorchers are the only enemy I never figured out

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The best way to kill a Scorcher, as far as I can tell:

-Blow off its mine layer
-Hit one of its shock points to stun it
-Pick up the mine layer and lay every single mine in a big pile
-Stand with the pile between it and you, wait for it to stand up and charge
-Make an awesome badass pose while pelted with flaming pieces of Scorcher

(I think I was on hard for this, not sure it will work on ultra hard)

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
It is designed to that a few story beats play out slightly differently depending on whether you’ve finished the main game or not. And if you finish it before, you can go back from time to time and get dialog where Aloy updates an NPC and hears their take on things. Or it plays just fine as a post game event.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
If I want all the content from both Hitman games is it safe to buy Hitman 2016 GOTY since it's on sale right now and then buy Hitman 2 and do whatever dance it requires to unlock the 2016 content? Wasn't sure if they've since turned off the Legacy import feature or whatever, and I remember seeing that just buying the Legacy Pack itself was $20

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

RichterIX posted:

If I want all the content from both Hitman games is it safe to buy Hitman 2016 GOTY since it's on sale right now and then buy Hitman 2 and do whatever dance it requires to unlock the 2016 content? Wasn't sure if they've since turned off the Legacy import feature or whatever, and I remember seeing that just buying the Legacy Pack itself was $20

You're totally fine to go this route, but you'll have to download and launch the Season 1 client to do the free claim, just FYI. So you'll wind up downloading an extra 40-odd gigs when all's said and done. You can claim the "legacy" pack for Hitman 2 without owning Hitman 2, too, if you're worried about it being time-limited (I don't think this is likely).

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

haveblue posted:

The best way to kill a Scorcher, as far as I can tell:

-Blow off its mine layer
-Hit one of its shock points to stun it
-Pick up the mine layer and lay every single mine in a big pile
-Stand with the pile between it and you, wait for it to stand up and charge
-Make an awesome badass pose while pelted with flaming pieces of Scorcher

(I think I was on hard for this, not sure it will work on ultra hard)

That's my usual method of taking out Scorchers. Tear off the mine launcher, rope them down, fire all 257 mines in the immediate vicinity of the Scorcher, then kill yourself on the remaining mines as you attempt to loot the corpse.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Arist posted:

The game part is generally fine, whatever, just no part of it is even as good as City, which itself was already kind of a step down from Asylum. The story's the part I loving hate. Rocksteady's conception of Batman is awful.

Having just finished it for the first time last week I 100% agree

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Kilometers Davis posted:

This is just Swamp Thing, which would be a dramatically cooler game, albeit impossible to make well.

Also I agree, Batman is lame, but that’s because DC leaned in on him being unbeatable. Like it’s incredibly lame that the only mortal human member of the Justice League is the unstoppable unbeatable one with infinity back up plans. Like, it’s dumb that a paranoid schizophrenic with unlimited money never loses. Also it’s funny how Marvel has the same character, but made him “likeable” and as a result his franchise is wildly more successful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

As I always said, Batwoman is better. She did the Spiderman thing and tries to have a social life on top of doing the crime fighting persona. At least in New 52. Haven't read much of the Rebirth series to get an idea of her character.