Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Vasudus posted:

If you tweak drop rates there's no safeguards to prevent you from just putting it on a mule and migrating that character over to a trade league. You would have to disable that feature which is a big perk of SSF; if you get tired of the SSF gimmick you can migrate to trade league without issue.
Yeah I forgot you could migrate. I wonder if they did those things (and/or other things to make SSF more "viable", that was just off the top of my head) and disabled migration if it would make SSF more or less popular?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Rallos posted:

Just get poe trade macro so you can scroll through your stash tabs with your mouse wheel.

Or just get the poeiteminfo macro they straight up copied it from, so you dont have to install a lovely trade macro!

No Safe Word posted:

Yeah I forgot you could migrate. I wonder if they did those things (and/or other things to make SSF more "viable", that was just off the top of my head) and disabled migration if it would make SSF more or less popular?

It would probably make it less popular, since all the people who enjoy it for the challenge would feel cheated.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
How have they not added stash tab scrolling and f5 to goto hideout to the base game yet

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I would argue that they're slowly fixing the 'can't get xyz unique reliably' in SSF with divination cards. I mean it's not a rapid thing at all given that there's four major updates a year and maybe a mini-update midleague that pushes a few more cards, but there's a pretty healthy amount of them that either give a specific unique, or a limited table of a certain type of unique. They're putting in a PP card shortly so even that will be common enough, at least in the sense that if you wanted to do a PP build (which of course requires 2 or 4 pens) it's no longer out of the realm of possibility for most people.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

MMF Freeway posted:

How have they not added stash tab scrolling and f5 to goto hideout to the base game yet

They have stash tab scrolling, but you have to have your mouse over the tab labels, whereas with the trade macro you can just Ctrl mouse wheel from anywhere

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
I just want to log in to my now persistent hideout instead of spawning in town for no obvious reason beyond adding another loadscreen.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Its so you can see cool MTX setups and buy them, though. That's why you load into town.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
It takes less than a second before I click the waypoint and zoom to my hideout. Plus all the really cool and good MTX are gem replacements, so you don't get to see them in town anyway. Maybe if they allowed minions in town so I would be unable to press the waypoint I'd spend more time admiring peoples getup.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

I'm always too busy clicking the "later" button on the binding reminder window to notice mtx

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1068621175570329600

holy moly

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
:eyepop:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

will...not...go....Hierophant...

must....play...melee...

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
the gently caress

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

I wonder if the other one will be + minions summoned then?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

I did a triple totem marauder using Tukohama's Fortress and the +1 totem-but-can't-attack node way back when, which actually got me to my highest level in POE. The 40% less damage, but being able to attack? Hmm

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Otacon posted:

The 40% less damage, but being able to attack? Hmm

That's also level 1, so I assume that will not be endgame modifiers.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The less damage will almost assuredly go down as you level up the gem. Probably to 20-21% less.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Otacon posted:

I did a triple totem marauder using Tukohama's Fortress and the +1 totem-but-can't-attack node way back when, which actually got me to my highest level in POE. The 40% less damage, but being able to attack? Hmm

It probably scales down to like 20% less damage at gem lvl20

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

its too bad totem playstyle feels bad

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

I dunno about running it as a hierophant but it does mean you can run a warchief and double decoy totem right?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I don't think I would run that on a Hierophant build.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

its too bad totem playstyle feels bad
totems are super smooth with even a moderate amount of placement speed. drop, scoot, drop, scoot, wrack em up

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

I really feel like I could use a few of the special tabs but my current setup juuuuuuust fits the stash window without making a scroll arrow appear and I don't want to change that :saddowns:

Currently my layout is
Money (currency)
Materials (normal)
Cards (divination)
Essences (normal)
Maps (normal)
Misc (normal)
Selling (normal)

If there was a way to "upgrade" a normal tab to a map or essence tab, instead of creating a new one, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

You can fit more tabs than that! I've got 10 of them with one tab named STORE, and they all fit. At 7 or so it fills in the row, but adding more tabs squishes the labels closer together.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

buff to rf totems if anyone plays that in 2018 lol

Zmej posted:

totems are super smooth with even a moderate amount of placement speed. drop, scoot, drop, scoot, wrack em up

no life or mana leech, no targetted damage, no hh, run around like a headless chicken

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

dual aura totems for MoM builds :thunk:

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

lamentable dustman posted:

dual aura totems for MoM builds :thunk:

Well... I guess it's possible. That mana multiplier is awful though, maybe it's better to get +1 totem from somewhere else.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Maybe I'll finally play a totem build this league. Will be nice to not have to go Hiero to get anywhere, can maybe make something halfway tanky.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

McFrugal posted:

Well... I guess it's possible. That mana multiplier is awful though, maybe it's better to get +1 totem from somewhere else.

I was joking and forgot about the spell totem multiplier but it should be possible with a Lavianga's Spirit or Vaal Clarity

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here
Does this mean that completely stupid siege ballista build from a while back gets a little more stupid?

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Bluemillion posted:

Does this mean that completely stupid siege ballista build from a while back gets a little more stupid?

No, this is very much intended for getting builds that couldn't easily get +1-2 totems to have multiple totems. Less damage (and taking a socket) is not worth it when you already have multiple totems.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Bluemillion posted:

more totems and even less damage so yes!

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Bluemillion posted:

If you have 10 totems, 20% less damage (and the loss of a real support gem) on 12 totems is a net loss.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
the siege ballista build isn't about squeezing out optimal dps

it's about squeezing out the most ballistas

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times

McFrugal posted:

You can fit more tabs than that! I've got 10 of them with one tab named STORE, and they all fit. At 7 or so it fills in the row, but adding more tabs squishes the labels closer together.

I name my tabs by initial, So: C,M,E,D,F,Q1,Q2,U,S(ell),etc. I've got a shitton of tabs now, and I don't use most of them, so the arrow is rarely an issue.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
SEARING BOND IS BACK BAYBEEE

don't ever try to make a searing bond build

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

dyzzy posted:

SEARING BOND IS BACK BAYBEEE

don't ever try to make a searing bond build

Isn't searing bond still okay though?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Possibly the worst play style in the game, though

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

frajaq posted:

will...not...go....Hierophant...

must....play...melee...

Hierophant (or scion hierochief) WC's my dude. Trad facebreakers or maybe even HoWA. I mean, you're just ...outsourcing the melee

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

and thats only level 1, I wonder how many extra totems it allows at level 20?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8ExaD9uV5o

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2254096