Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

KickerOfMice posted:

Here's hoping there's an afterlife so after he rots in prison he can burn in hell.
Here's hoping for criminal justice reform in America so we can treat him humanely like Norway does for Anders Breivik.

but he can be way down the list of people that get moved from retributive justice into rehabilitative, and watch as everyone he hates gets moved out of his hell before he does.

E:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

They've got witnesses who heard her pounding at his door and telling him to open up, and she'd had problems with this guy before.

She went downstairs, started poo poo with the guy, and murdered him, then made up her plainly stupid and ridiculous story thinking a jury of bootlickers + her department would protect her. Sad thing is 50/50 chance on that one, glad it came out right.

I'd not heard about the pounding at his door telling him to open up but I did read that they'd heard some shouting which I assumed were her reported commands that he ignored. If they'd had problem before, and he lived above her, I can pretty easily see her coming home from work, maybe having a problem with him being a loud walker or something? and after going up there to bitch at him losing her poo poo and loving murdering him.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

How is that a defense

Before you jump to any conclusions about my client, please be aware that he was only wearing the same uniform as the violent fascists because that's what the violent fascists were wearing that day. Now with that settled,

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Your honor, everyone else was doing it.

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

RasperFat posted:

It’s continuously baffling to me that this is the strongman so many insecure white men have rallied behind.

Insecure white men have no idea what it takes to actually feel secure. He's not a "strong man" - he's toxic masculinity in all its ineffective bullshit solidified into one hulking, jiggly carcass. They see their faults reflected in him through the lens of his success while ignoring how that success was "achieved" by being born rich as gently caress and having the narcissistic sociopath beaten into him by his father.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Harik posted:

Here's hoping for criminal justice reform in America so we can treat him humanely like Norway does for Anders Breivik.

but he can be way down the list of people that get moved from retributive justice into rehabilitative, and watch as everyone he hates gets moved out of his hell before he does.

E:

You're a much more moral, and forgiving person than I. The world needs more people like you, I'm sometimes fine with bloodsoaked revenge. I know it is a fault.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

KickerOfMice posted:

You're a much more moral, and forgiving person than I. The world needs more people like you, I'm sometimes fine with bloodsoaked revenge. I know it is a fault.

It's actually a strength. Kill your empathy, it has no place in a post-Trump world.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Kerning Chameleon posted:

It's actually a strength. Kill your empathy, it has no place in a post-Trump world.

Well that's horseshit.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Him wearing the same thing as every other Nazi could be part of the defense's strategy of saying he was in fear of being attacked by the crowd.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

North Carolina was supposed to certify their elections this week. The 9-member NC board of elections voted 7-2 to not certify NC-09 and to hold a hearing on December 21st to examine complaints of election fraud.

Talk about projection, after all this whining about election fraud and Trump's constant bullshit, its the GOP that is caught up in a legit case where actual evidence of election fraud exists.

edit: the board is made up of 5 democrats and 4 republicans. The 4 republicans split 2-2 on the vote to certify.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

evilweasel posted:

When there's some really bad fact that you know is going to come up, you're usually better off admitting it yourself and addressing it head-on rather than letting the other side drop it on the judge/jury. The theory is the judge/jury will consider it less damaging if you admit it up front, and you take away the dramatic reveal.

Is he not doing a jury trial?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Lightning Knight posted:

I don't know, but it's done regardless of if it's a jury trial or a bench trial. Hoping the other side just plain forgets to mention evidence that's great for them rarely pans out.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

DoombatINC posted:

Before you jump to any conclusions about my client, please be aware that he was only wearing the same uniform as the violent fascists because that's what the violent fascists were wearing that day. Now with that settled,

"Now, it's going to come up that Mr. Fields yelled out 'I'm going to do a murder now, with my car, because I love white supremacy, and murder! I absolutely planned to kill somebody today, with my car!' but before you draw any conclusions,"

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Rigel posted:

North Carolina was supposed to certify their elections this week. The 9-member NC board of elections voted 7-2 to not certify NC-09 and to hold a hearing on December 21st to examine complaints of election fraud.

Talk about projection, after all this whining about election fraud and Trump's constant bullshit, its the GOP that is caught up in a legit case where actual evidence of election fraud exists.

edit: the board is made up of 5 democrats and 4 republicans. The 4 republicans split 2-2 on the vote to certify.

This is always the case with election fraud. They actually find some, it's always Republicans doing it - and I don't mean the use of laws and administrative power to disenfranchise, which is it's own issue, but every story about some guy who voted twice turns out to be a Republican.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

KickerOfMice posted:

I'm fine with an individual seeking revenge, but the job of the state is for the betterment of society, and our godawful prison system is absolutely not that.

It's how I reconcile beating a nazi for saying your kind should be put in the ovens but still want murdering cowards like fields put in humane facilities.

Just, you know, after all the minorities that are in there for over-charged offenses get released.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Rigel posted:

It probably helps that some Republicans are crying "bullshit" too because of the primary.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Nephzinho posted:

"it is very hard to get support there, Canada is a very big ocean"

You gotta cross all that big water near MEXico with the DANGEROUS Mexicans to get there. Totally impractical, especially when the TSUNAMIS are coming.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Nth Doctor posted:

You gotta cross all that big water near MEXico with the DANGEROUS Mexicans to get there. Totally impractical, especially when the TSUNAMIS are coming.

Why this map got two names for each state are the other ones just nicknames?

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

eke out posted:

That's Chaplinsky - which, like seemingly every classic offensive speech case in conlaw involves a Jehovah's Witness - those guys had a unique talent of pissing just about everyone off in every possible way which really helped us figure out what speech states are allowed to ban (very, very little)

I thought Chaplinsky was the far-left author who said, “History will be repeated twice, first as tragedy, then as a pie fight”

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Dude, gently caress you. Seriously, gently caress you. After seeing you poo poo up this thread and the Space thread in the last few days I am officially totally and completely sick of your stupid assed opinions, your hateful, bilious way of speaking to people and really wish you would just gently caress off to somewhere other than here. In the meantime I'm availing myself of the Ignore button but Jesus Christ are you an insufferable, piece of poo poo cold hearted rear end in a top hat. Just wanted to put that out there on behalf of the group. Get cancer and die.

How's that for burying my empathy?

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop
The source of my tax is pretty apropos too:
https://www.rover.com/blog/happens-dogs-go-prison/

It's a fluff piece but we can do better than we do now.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Lightning Knight posted:

Why the hell would the defense want to admit this?

Are they still going with "you don't *~know~* it was him behind the wheel of his car"? This could be leading up to "it could have been any one of these Nazis driving".

Anyway, Trump posted this four minutes after his Alaska tweet:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1068601345949687808

I imagine he's real mad that a natural disaster is overshadowing his triumphant trade deal that *checks notes* increases the amount of dairy products we can get from Canada before tariffs by 0.35%.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

Lightning Knight posted:

looks like a jury trial in a very weirdly designed court room (if the sketch is accurate)

https://twitter.com/JulieCareyNBC/status/1068339904403382272

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

They said when the car hit it sounded like a bomb went out and

:nws: for gory details

they reported pieces of flesh stuck in the front grill of the car

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Rigel posted:

It's 4 and 4, with 1 independent, according to WaPo. But yeah, everybody was on board except those two Republicans.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

They said when the car hit it sounded like a bomb went out and

:nws: for gory details

they reported pieces of flesh stuck in the front grill of the car

jesus thats loving horrible. I am still surprised only one person was killed. poor heather :(

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Rest in Power Heather Heyer

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Rigel posted:

The issues appear serious and legitimate and it's sad to say but if they got 2 Republicans to agree that poo poo is hosed up I can see them ordering a special election and considering the seat vacant.

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Trade, sir! Discover it! This is you, this is a clue. Get a clue, discover trade!

Push El Burrito posted:

Why this map got two names for each state are the other ones just nicknames?

Those are the state capitals.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Solvency posted:

Dude...

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
https://twitter.com/jaredlholt/status/1068628419871735808

The q is for equestrian.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I am never going to be able to get past that he Tweets like a teenager using AIM in the 90s.

Solvency posted:

lol

TheScott2K posted:

Rest in Power Heather Heyer

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Trade, sir! Discover it! This is you, this is a clue. Get a clue, discover trade!

drat, should have read the previously quoted post closer.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

wtf those are police officers

why are they dressed like soldiers in afghanistan

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

cheetah7071 posted:

Police militarization is a hell of a thing.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

cheetah7071 posted:

Protection from bath salt homeless face eating zombies

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

cheetah7071 posted:

America is an occupied country

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

My God. We found him. We found Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Remember after the 2016 election many Republicans started trying to pass laws to make it legal to basically drive though protesters?