Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Fifty Shades is to BDSM as Game of Thrones is to Wedding Planning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/amandawinnlee/status/1068612988892925953?s=19

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Just when I thought the Eva mines might be running low

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

My guess is that since they probably got the worldwide rights direct from Gainax et al, they did not get the rights to the ADV dub.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it would be funny to me if the dub ended up AICO-level

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

dogsicle posted:

it would be funny to me if the dub ended up AICO-level

Having not seem AICO, would this be a good thing or a bad thing?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the first AICO dub was bad and several months later they suddenly uploaded a new ones

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I dunno from what I hear, BDSM has a massive problem with actual domestic abuse.

gonna need more info on this, for scholarly purposes

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/pkjd818/status/1068702985637654534

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
looking forward to more insane girls who are horny for gambling

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Irozuku, man, when you think about it it's such a weird show. Here's a slice of life about a literal time traveler, who doesn't keep it secret, and no one cares. But what she's embarrassed about and hates herself for is being colorblind. She's also super boring, pretty much the most bland character in the show, and regularly upstaged by her grandmother.

Now the plot seems finally set in motion, as someone confesses to her, and she handles it in the most Hitomi of ways, by literally running away.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Irozoku seems like kind of a bummer. It had all this hype coming into the season and literally everything I've heard about it since week 1 reduces to 'pretty, boring, pretty boring.'

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I don't care too much about Hitomi other than how she's going to resolve this time travel deal, I basically just watch to see Kohaku's antics and hope that Asagi gets a happy ending hahaha :(

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Most of Irozoku's cast is likeable and interesting, it just has trouble making me care about the main character or her story. The whole question of why her grandma suddenly sent her back in time has been ignored for most of the season, and at this point I don't think it'll have a satisfying conclusion one way or another.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i would be fine with anime horny if it was more adults, then horny fine and even good horny. too much anime with high schoolers, fanservice bad

make more servant x service. then can horny if they want

a computing pun
Jan 1, 2013
I don't really understand what you're saying, could you repeat it another three or so times?

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Allarion posted:

I'm still having trouble connecting this with Love Live
Lordy the joke, which evidently wasn't good in the first place, is well and truly dead through explanation.

Supernatural show whose plot is about fighting demons but whose actual purpose to watch is seeing pretty people being sad and talking about their feelings
Love Live show whose plot is about idol competition but whose actual purpose to watch is seeing pretty people being sad and talking about their feelings

Apologies for making a bad joke.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

double post

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

a computing pun posted:

I don't really understand what you're saying, could you repeat it another three or so times?
no, just make more servant x service

this is directed at a-1 pictures. they can do that instead of sword art

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Dec 1, 2018

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yeah that's a bad "joke"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Terrible Opinions posted:

Lordy the joke, which evidently wasn't good in the first place, is well and truly dead through explanation.

Supernatural show whose plot is about fighting demons but whose actual purpose to watch is seeing pretty people being sad and talking about their feelings
Love Live show whose plot is about idol competition but whose actual purpose to watch is seeing pretty people being sad and talking about their feelings

Apologies for making a bad joke.
That, uh, doesn't describe Love Live at all. There's maybe two instances of drama per season of it and the characters mostly resolve it by just telling each other how much they love each other, there's barely any wallowing in it. It's a comedy for 90% of its runtime and a musical for 5% of its runtime, with the drama taking up the other 5%.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the drama in og love live is largely the worst part of it because a lot of it is insanely forced and doesn't really push anything interesting about the characters involved forward

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Colonel posted:

the drama in og love live is largely the worst part of it because a lot of it is insanely forced and doesn't really push anything interesting about the characters involved forward
the drama in sunshine is executed a lot better but otoh its comedic timing is a bit worse, on the other hand it has an actual thematic throughline, on the other hand it doesn't have nico

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Endorph posted:

the drama in sunshine is executed a lot better but otoh its comedic timing is a bit worse, on the other hand it has an actual thematic throughline, on the other hand it doesn't have nico

In conclusion, Libya is a land of contrast. Thank you.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Endorph posted:

That, uh, doesn't describe Love Live at all. There's maybe two instances of drama per season of it and the characters mostly resolve it by just telling each other how much they love each other, there's barely any wallowing in it. It's a comedy for 90% of its runtime and a musical for 5% of its runtime, with the drama taking up the other 5%.
I'm not sure I'd agree on the exact ratios you gave but then again I just got off the movie which may have colored my memory. It just seemed like as each of the first two seasons went on the comedy I liked would be dropped more and more in favor of drama that while not the worst felt like it was an indulgence for some other audience, and then the movie had that happen in fast forward. Haven't seen sunshine and cannot comment.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Watch Sunshine.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
It's been so long since I've seen nge and I didn't really care for it much the first time, I'd have to watch it again to understand what you guys are really talking about.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://twitter.com/pkjd818/status/1068820232284778496

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

Is this the reason Mari keeps spoiling her own jokes? :v:

I like this dumb manga about the Youko wife and I hope the anime can bring out the feelgoods as well. :)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Terrible Opinions posted:

I'm not sure I'd agree on the exact ratios you gave but then again I just got off the movie which may have colored my memory. It just seemed like as each of the first two seasons went on the comedy I liked would be dropped more and more in favor of drama that while not the worst felt like it was an indulgence for some other audience, and then the movie had that happen in fast forward. Haven't seen sunshine and cannot comment.
tbh most of the people ive seen sincerely invested in love live's drama have been teenaged girls who can relate to turning dumb poo poo into a three act tragedy for no real reason

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
My impression of Love Live is that as it goes on, it gets more over-the-top with the comedy. Every season starting with the first one has a bit of obligatory melodrama tacked on somewhere that doesn't really work, but it's overlookable enough because the rest of it is such a good time.

esselfortium fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Dec 1, 2018

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Like I said the drama in Sunshine works a lot better imo. Sunshine S1's drama especially, since it's something that's been around for a while and the characters have been dancing around/dealing with the fallout of the entire show, and when it escalates it's just because they're finally confronting it and explaining it to the other girls. versus something that just kind of happens out of nowhere

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

I watched the Nico introduction episode (which was good) and a few after that before giving up on it. One of the things that irked me was how their fingernails were drawn, I couldn't ignore it. I have the same problem with the way Double Decker's noses are drawn, but I've managed to stick with it. In conclusion, I can't stop coming up with weird reasons to dislike things.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I somehow watched all of LL without noticing anything about fingernails so I'm going to need an image.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Sindai posted:

I somehow watched all of LL without noticing anything about fingernails so I'm going to need an image.
Here it is. I barely even remember this, even though I noticed Kogami having semi-realistic looking nipples while shirtless in Psycho-Pass the first time I watched it and thinking "Hey, that's neat! Not a complete Ken-doll".

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i can't remember much in the way of hand zoom ins in love live, and i consider myself an expert on the subject

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Yeah that's what I was talking about. I'm not a fingernail aficionado so I usually don't care but those stuck out to me. The real reason I gave up on it was probably the bland idol drama so I might check out sunshine.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Davincie posted:

i can't remember much in the way of hand zoom ins in love live, and i consider myself an expert on the subject

Your hand zoom ins don’t show the fingernails though

a computing pun
Jan 1, 2013

Wark Say posted:

Here it is. I barely even remember this, even though I noticed Kogami having semi-realistic looking nipples while shirtless in Psycho-Pass the first time I watched it and thinking "Hey, that's neat! Not a complete Ken-doll".

be right back, rewatching Psycho-Pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lets talk about how many times they take off their shoes in idolmaster cinderella girls

actually that might have something to do with the cinderella theme

or the director really liked feet

one of the two