Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Mulderman posted:

I'm gonna lose my poo poo if at the end of this arc, it's revealed that Erina is still tied down to a chair somewhere.

She’s probably not literally tied down but I would be shocked if it isn’t revealed she is in the castle and Soma has to rescue her.

I mean the purpose of this arc seems to be hooking Erina and Soma up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Angry Grimace posted:

She’s probably not literally tied down but I would be shocked if it isn’t revealed she is in the castle and Soma has to rescue her.

I mean the purpose of this arc seems to be hooking Erina and Soma up.

That would go against the bet she made with Saiba though, which was that she'd crush him in a shokugeki.

Which has reasonable odds of ending with her jobbing and being forced into loving marriage slavery so Soma can rescue her, which makes it even worse

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

TheKingofSprings posted:

That would go against the bet she made with Saiba though, which was that she'd crush him in a shokugeki.

Which has reasonable odds of ending with her jobbing and being forced into loving marriage slavery so Soma can rescue her, which makes it even worse

I mean, in either case I assume the purpose of this arc is hooking the two leads up so they can go home.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
New chapter's out, but I didn't get my food power levels from a price being given to Soma dish! :argh:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Value is gonna probably be given out next chapter and the gross will probably be higher than Tsukasa's, but the net (after subtracting the ingredient costs) will push him below.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Welp that sure was a reaction splash page :stare:

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

it's literally in singles i love it

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I kinda hope Souma still fails but at the same time enough time has been spent on this already

Tiramisu
Dec 25, 2006

Hey, where did you go!? Do you really dislike seeing my face that much!?
I hope when he makes it to the end of the castle, Erina's already defeated Saiba without leaving the chair and was just waiting around to dump all the paperwork that Soma missed during the arc into his lap.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
https://readms.net/r/shokugeki_no_souma/289/5498/1

We now know the tragic backstory of Saiba. Still extremely underwhelming.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I don't understand why couldn't Joichiro just take Saiba with him?

rocketbrah
Sep 24, 2003

it's peanut butter
⚡ MORPHIN' TIME ⚡

Electric Phantasm posted:

I don't understand why couldn't Joichiro just take Saiba with him?

I imagine adopting an American orphan as a Japanese national is pretty difficult from both ends. He could have left a "hey when you turn 18 I'll bring you with me" though, so maybe he just didn't see Saiba as his son.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Xelkelvos posted:

Still extremely underwhelming.

Seriously.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Once again bad Japanese parenting is the cause of the problem.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Look I know this is a fan service happy manga. But did we really need to focus on the cleavage of the woman currently trying to drown her kid?

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Mulderman posted:

Look I know this is a fan service happy manga. But did we really need to focus on the cleavage of the woman currently trying to drown her kid?

it really didn't. like, it was present, that's about it. off to the side of the frame, all the dynamic lines focused around dunking a small child

more importantly: oh gently caress it's colonel sanders

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Just put this series out of it's misery.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
So is this another aspect of Jouichirou being a lovely parent or no

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Definitely. Goes capering around the world, leaving his wife and kid alone for months on end; then, when his wife dies (apparently when he's away from home), he fucks off back to Japan leaving another kid with whom he'd formed a parent-child bond alone to fend for himself.

And no, he could totally have brought Asahi to Japan with him. Jou's a superstar chef, the 1% literally worships the ground he walks on, he could have easily pulled some strings.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Fabricated posted:

Just put this series out of it's misery.

It's well on its way.

quote:

01 Kimetsu CH.130
02 Dr.Stone CH.078
03 Neverland CH.107
04 Jujutsu CH.031
05 Hero Academia CH.202
06 David-kun CH.005
07 Black Clover CH.177
08 BokuBen CH.083
09 Hinomaru CH.213
10 Yūna-san CH.131
11 Sōma CH.283

One Piece was absent 8 issues ago so is unranked this week

Average Ranking (8 Weeks)

01 One Piece 01.67
02 Kimetsu 02.57
03 Hero Academia 03.86
04 Dr.Stone 04.29
05 Jujutsu 04.40
06 Act-Age 04.83
07 Black Clover 05.14
08 Neverland 05.33
09 Haikyū 05.60
10 David-kun 07.00
10 Japan 07.00
12 BokuBen 07.17
13 Hinomaru 09.00
14 Yūna-san 09.67
15 Sōma 10.00

Unless I am mistaken this makes it the single lowest ranked manga in Jump serialization right now?

E: Boruto, Hinomaru and Yuna-san are all lower and then there's a bunch of other stuff that I'm pretty sure is dead?

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Nov 29, 2018

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

TheKingofSprings posted:

It's well on its way.

Unless I am mistaken this makes it the single lowest ranked manga in Jump serialization right now?

I guess there's nowhere to go but down after the great start the series had but it's a real shame :(

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
New chapter's up!

I've been having my doubts about this plotline but chainsaw chef makes up for it a little.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Why are Megumi and Takumi even heeeeere

Aside from the author including them because they're popular I mean

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
lmao this rules she has a "poison tipped" chainsaw blade

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

[Emeril's Chainknife]

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I'm still not quite sure how this works. Since the whole thing isn't torn up, I guess she basically lightly touched it with the blade so that it only part way through a number of times or something? The piece as presented still looked fairly whole and without cuts as far as I could tell. I feel like this is a character who was designed first and had their abilities applied second. Also, I could think of some things one could use to cut with the chainsaw that didn't pull at my disbelief like this.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
It's a spiced chainsaw, you see. Only a matter of time before we hit time travel bread.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Xelkelvos posted:

I'm still not quite sure how this works. Since the whole thing isn't torn up, I guess she basically lightly touched it with the blade so that it only part way through a number of times or something? The piece as presented still looked fairly whole and without cuts as far as I could tell. I feel like this is a character who was designed first and had their abilities applied second. Also, I could think of some things one could use to cut with the chainsaw that didn't pull at my disbelief like this.

it doesn't, it's just monkeycheese lol so random throw poo poo at a wall level stuff

Tiramisu
Dec 25, 2006

Hey, where did you go!? Do you really dislike seeing my face that much!?
Nani the gently caress is with this translation.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Just accept that the teeth on the chainsaw are razor thin so they don't tear the meat up

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

it's really clearly not a chainsaw you'd take to a fuckin' tree, we can see that the teeth are extremely small and it's a custom-built piece

i mean the concept is still buck-wild absurd but at least tosh spent more time than zero making it look like something that wouldn't cause a steak to explode on contact with it

i'll never stop laughing at the fact that it apparently just oozes spice. THAT'S the part that's legit dumb until i see her change out spice mixes with a cartridge because otherwise everything she touches with that thing would just taste the same

now i really want her to break out a bandoleer of spice cartridges

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
No offense but if anyone doesn't think a seasoning chainsaw used with borderline inhuman precision to make the best steak ever is loving awesome I will never understand or agree.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i guess if you weren't at all interested in cooking manga because of actual cooking and just care about dumb shonen conventions
like we're not even given any insight into what exact blend of spices she used it feels really clear that they're just winging it without the help of their professional chef's advice or whatever

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

it's awesome but yeah, this is where i'm at

i want to be bullshat at about how exactly this is working. i need the worldbuilding of emeril's chainknife

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
drat, i definitely didn't predict being talked down to for enjoying a goofy scene in a children's comic.

i agree with the lack of details though, i wouldn't mind some more bullshit about how exactly this is a good idea. the storytelling just isn't as great as it was in the early days. i hope it comes back around and surprises everyone.

Mimesweeper fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Dec 1, 2018

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i hope someone cooks with a gun loaded with bullion bullets later

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Patware posted:

i hope someone cooks with a gun loaded with bullion bullets later

Some guy in TFR did this with peppercorns, more or less.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
"it's juicier than a glass of juice"

come on now

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Ironically, I buy this bullshit more readily than.... four cheese pizza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Ironically, I buy this bullshit more readily than.... four cheese pizza.

Yeah, at least it's honest about how absurd it is, unlike the INSANE FOUR CHEESE COMBO.