Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Your Taint posted:

CNN is saying Trump is meeting with President Xi of China tomorrow so does that mean he stopped pouting and decided to come out of his room?

depends on how many fortune cookies Donnie gets.

Also what kind of fortunes they say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morbus
May 18, 2004

:thumbsup:

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
We must build giant fans on the west coast and push all the not good air back towards china!

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

DaveWoo posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/1068647215894331397

So we’re not going to work to fight climate change because other countries might benefit from our cleaner air, ok, got it

once again, everything about climate change is filtered through trump's personal phobia/obssession about cleanliness

Morbus
May 18, 2004

fishing with the fam posted:

We must build giant fans on the west coast and push all the not good air back towards china!

They can help blow away all the leaves from the raking, too

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

qkkl posted:

I don't think a healthy society should lust for cruel punishments of even the worst offenders.

If we ever achieve a healthy society we will bear that in mind.

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

Rigel posted:

I am going to charitably assume he's talking about the issue Republicans always whine about how its pointless for us to do anything about carbon emissions if China wont. Or at least he's failing to accurately repeat what he was told to say.

He's a big dipshit. Trying to parse specific meaning or intent from his words is a waste of your non-brainwormed faculties.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

qkkl posted:

I don't think a healthy society should lust for cruel punishments of even the worst offenders.

To clarify I'm not lusting for it here. I am however pleased that some good will come out of this situation- namely future tragedies will be discouraged because the people who do these things are the kinds if cowards who will look at what happens to James Fields and learn a valuable lesson.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
https://twitter.com/rudygiuliani/status/1068650461304102913?s=21

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Ague Proof posted:

Alaska is known for their bad earth policy. Look at their mountains. Look at McKin Denali MCKINLEY. All that earth just sitting there. DO SOMETHING.

There's this conspicuous fellow holding an umbrella on a hot clear day in Dallas:

What was he doing? Take his word for it.

Some say Lee Harvey Oswald killed JFK, but by that point he had already lost his will to live.

I recently read a book about Chamberlain. What a sap. He was like "okay Hitler lied to me 20 times now so you know he's telling the truth this time. Hitler doesn't lie to someone he respects. I can feel it"

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

It would certainly be a way to trick him that wind turbines are good.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

That's the most sensible thing he's said in years.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

That’s fine. I extend my :toxx: to the end of the year. I will also add from the :20bux: for Doctors Without Borders and add :20bux: for RAINN.

If we get both of them I will add :20bux: to ACLU and :20bux: to RAINN (both perpwalks get 80 bucks to charity)

Edit crap that’s RAINN twice... is their another one to give to to our should I switch it to another group?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Did...did he just praise Muller's integrity?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/FiveThirtyEight/status/1068645591599722496

AP has also removed their call of the race

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Spiffster posted:

That’s fine. I extend my :toxx: to the end of the year. I will also add from the :20bux: for Doctors Without Borders and add :20bux: for RAINN.

If we get both of them I will add :20bux: to ACLU and :20bux: to RAINN (both perpwalks get 80 bucks to charity)

Edit crap that’s RAINN twice... is their another one to give to to our should I switch it to another group?

Southern Poverty Law Center is a good one. Or Planned Parenthood in Mike Pence's name.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Spiffster posted:

how about hias?

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Okay that actually made me crack the hell up. I am a creature of simple pleasures! :q: TY!

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Abner Assington posted:

Why is every photo of this guy looking like he's straining to hold in a poo poo

He looks like an incredibly fat and bald Mathew Lillard. Maybe a little bit of a crack addict to.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

DaveWoo posted:

So we’re not going to work to fight climate change because other countries might benefit from our cleaner air, ok, got it

Is he even using kindergarten-level vocabulary at this point?

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Peacoffee posted:

Well, see, the next potential sitcom moment will become clear when we know who has the office *between* them.

please please please let it be Louis Gohmert please please please

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Lycus posted:

One asks of the man spouting off about "record clean"

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

Someone convince him that’s what wind turbines are actively doing

e:fb

Peacoffee fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Dec 1, 2018

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

finally, a use for all that clean coal

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Your Taint posted:

Southern Poverty Law Center is a good one. Or Planned Parenthood in Mike Pence's name.

Done PP before but I will most definitely do them again.

Mods, if you will allow me I would like to fix my :toxx: from that second RAINN to Planned Parenthood of Indiana and Kentucky. (One gets perp walked, Doctors Without Borders and RAINN, Second one gets PPoIK and ACLU)

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/politico/status/1068664729785253888

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

DaveWoo posted:

It might have seen something like this at some point (e.g., maybe a staffer shoved it at the poo poo smear as a counter-negotiation point):

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/03/03/518323094/rise-in-smog-in-western-u-s-is-blamed-on-asias-air-pollution

There was a happy multicolored map somewhere too, but the above is is as much as I care to fathom in a random universe.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

quote:

Lee is expected to fill a new position being created by Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi to oversee the Steering and Policy Committee, the panel that determines committee assignments for Democrats. Pelosi’s decision expands leadership of the panel from two co-chairs to three.

The chance of AOC getting a prime committee position just went up considerably.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

This is cool and good. I love that she’ll have more say in all committee appointments.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

yesssss

quote:

Rep. Barbara Lee will be joining the House Democratic leadership team, filling a key void for the caucus after its elections earlier this week left the group without a woman of color in the top ranks.

Lee is expected to fill a new position being created by Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi to oversee the Steering and Policy Committee, the panel that determines committee assignments for Democrats. Pelosi’s decision expands leadership of the panel from two co-chairs to three.

The decision to elevate Lee comes as a group of House Democrats, disappointed by both Lee’s narrow loss in the race for caucus chair earlier this week and that lack of a woman of color in leadership, was planning to ask Pelosi to do just that.

Pelosi is recommending Lee, a liberal stalwart from California’s East Bay, to serve alongside Reps. Rosa DeLauro (D-Conn.) and Eric Swalwell (D-Calif.), the panel’s two current leaders. Lee is currently a vice-chair of the committee.

The committee has to officially vote to approve Pelosi’s recommendations, but it is expected to do so soon.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Lycus posted:

it’s on purpose:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aFo_BV-UzI

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Your Taint posted:

SPLC does a hell of alot of good work, and their lawyers are pretty much hungry bengal tigers. Nice.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

theblackw0lf posted:

The chance of AOC getting a prime committee position just went up considerably.

Take Manchin off climate and energy please.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Yes! Push for this! Also no one tell trump that these fans are linked to a series of amine sorbents that scrub co2 from the atmosphere! Also ignore the attached factories making carbon fiber, plastics, fuels, and/or pumping the captured gas into basalt bedrock! Just big fans!

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
This sounds really good

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-poli...rOqDmNF4pGSo9_o

quote:

House Democrats unveil their first bill in the majority: a sweeping anti-corruption proposal

Campaign finance
Public financing of campaigns, powered by small donations. Under Sarbanes’s vision, the federal government would provide a voluntary 6-1 match for candidates for president and Congress, which means for every dollar a candidate raises from small donations, the federal government would match it six times over. “If you give $100 to a candidate that’s meeting those requirements, then that candidate would get another $600 coming in behind them,” Sarbanes told Vox this summer. “The evidence and the modeling is that most candidates can do as well or better in terms of the dollars they raise if they step into this new system.”
Passing the DISCLOSE Act, pushed by Rep. David Cicilline (RI) and Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse (RI), both Democrats from Rhode Island. This would require Super PACs and “dark money” political organizations to make their donors public.
Passing the Honest Ads Act, championed by Sens. Amy Klobuchar (MN) and Mark Warner (VA), which would require Facebook and Twitter to disclose the source of money of political ads on their platforms, and share how much money was spent.

Ethics
Requiring the president to disclose his or her tax returns.
Stopping members of Congress from using taxpayer money to settle sexual harassment cases or buy first-class plane tickets.
Giving the Office of Government Ethics the power to do more oversight and enforcement and put in stricter lobbying registration requirements.
Create a new ethical code for the US Supreme Court, ensuring all branches of government are impacted by the new law.

Voting rights
Creating new national automatic voter registration that asks voters to opt out, rather than opt in, ensuring more people will be signed up to vote. Early voting and online voter registration would also be promoted.
Restoring the Voting Rights Act, part of which was dismantled by a US Supreme Court decision in 2013. Ending partisan gerrymandering in federal elections and prohibiting voter roll purging.
Beefing up elections security, including requiring the Director of National Intelligence to do regular checks on foreign threats.

theblackw0lf fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Dec 1, 2018

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

JosefStalinator posted:

Take Manchin off climate and energy please.

How can Pelosi do that? She's not in the Senate. Let's at least try to keep this all straight.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Aurubin posted:

Yes! Push for this! Also no one tell trump that these fans are linked to a series of amine sorbents that scrub co2 from the atmosphere! Also ignore the attached factories making carbon fiber, plastics, fuels, and/or pumping the captured gas into basalt bedrock! Just big fans!

Obama refused to build the Big Fan. No good. America needs the Big Fan, its very good for air. The best air.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Pelosi....good??

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

VH4Ever posted:

How can Pelosi do that? She's not in the Senate. Let's at least try to keep this all straight.

Oh right, drat, we are doomed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

my bony fealty posted:

Pelosi....good??

Pelosi is a very effective politician.