Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

quote:

Voting HOPING they do something and getting disappointed when they side with the dems and gently caress us over again
-
Anyone who stands up is taken out. Maybe if we win the presidency things will change right? No. Ok lets give them the Senate! No. Let's give them the House! No nothing changed...things are worse? How the gently caress has it come to the only way we have to stand up for our selves is a group of guys called the proud boys? Then they are arrested for defending themselves, while going out and standing up for us. Slowly but surly they are stripping the will to fight back away from us all and no matter how much power the conservatives have nothing happens. You fuckers understand we control the entire government? This was probably the last time that we would control all three because of the flood of migrants across the boarder. I live in a small town that went from 10% Hispanic to 70% in ten freaking years! It went from all white city counsel to majority Hispanic city council and the first thing they did was start building soccer fields...they seriously built 30 soccer fields in two years! Then my small town of 100K built a bus system that cost us millions to operate? We had to borrow money to pay for it and run it. They don't charge to ride it. My town has been total wrecked and I live in TEXAS! Oh P.s. They changed the city law to allow lovely mobile homes in the town and now their everywhere.
-
We lost almost 30 house seats from California alone!
Why has no one challenged this in court!? Judges are slapping down the President's Executive Orders left and right, they surely have the power to do that to a Governor.
-
Too little too late. Wont matter in January. The GOP and Trump dropped the ball hard this adminstration and could have made big revelations but instead allowed Dems to walk all over them. And with WI, PA, and MI trending solid blue, FL felons voting and AZ lost forever we have zero chance of winning reelection 2020 even with miracles.
-
Our loving gop house and Senate has done so little in 2 years. What a bunch of disappointments.
-
When the Democrats had Congress and the White House, they passed Obamacare. What did the Republicans do?
-
Get on it.
I am pissed off how SLOW we move. Ive seen blind fat old dogs that are more aggressive. Its a game and we are the pawns.
-
I loving hate losing the house. God drat vote farming bastards.
-
I’ve lost hope. The Clintons will be protected no matter the cost. They raided the flipping whistleblowers home, for god sake. I realize now Jeff Sessions is a mf traitor for being a part of this coverup. They can all go to hell.
-
I feel like I'm Bill Murray in Ground Hot Day. I'm seeing the same stories over and over again. Then I go to sleep expecting something to finally change the next day, only to live the day again, and again, and again, and again.
-
We simply can't win over minority voters faster than they can import straight-to-welfare-for-votes voters. Look at voting maps of Texas, they're BRIGHT blue on the border with Mexico. They have a ton of people in FL that came up from the hurricanes that will be perma-blue as well. It's only a matter of time, we've lost the long game (in large part because some many Republicans for so many years at that level are uniparty RINOs).

Once EITHER of those states flips from to being reliably blue, say goodbye to winning another federal election. After they win another trifecta (white house, senate, house of reps), they can slam through another amnesty and flip both of those states blue permanently. Flip enough blue and the National Popular Vote Interstate Compactcan kick in, ensuring they never lose again because they can just stuff ballot boxes in non-voter-ID places like CA / Chicago / etc.

Once that happens, all we'll be able to do is wait out the Greece / Venezuela-like collapse and rebuild. All of their new straight-to-welfare voters will want their payoffs and that money has to come from somewhere. Make sure you have enough offshore investments for the collapse of the US dollar (like the Venezuelan Bolivar is doing right now). There will be no coming back before that.
-
Look what just happened with the midterms. A whole bunch of memes and a whole lot of bitching. No end gain. We got played like chumps and still show up for another round. We seriously need to get more active and stop LARPing on Reddit. It really isn't helping any more
-
no amount of activism is going to save us. The Democrats played the long game with immigration since 1965 and the political will to reverse the mass replacement they started doesn't exist. America as we knew it is gone forever. Trump delayed the collapse but it's still inevitable. Maybe we can make something new from the pieces.

Suffer you motherfuckers. Suck a gently caress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qij2ShNrwLc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
yeah rest in piss you piece of poo poo, but every ~decorum~ democrat will be pretend sad for the next week. i hope AOC says absolutely nothing.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Are those cops? lol

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

Peter Daou Bundy posted:

yeah rest in piss you piece of poo poo, but every ~decorum~ democrat will be pretend sad for the next week. i hope AOC says absolutely nothing.

you know it's gonna happen, she praised McCain.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

mcmagic posted:

How is that ghoul not dead yet?

He literally had no heartbeat at one point.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
These idiots flaglating themselves over HW on Twitter can’t possibly name 1 thing he accomplished as president.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Ice Phisherman posted:

That was a pro click.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Arturo Ui posted:

you know it's gonna happen, she praised McCain.

john mccain and george h w bush are in hell where they belong, but AOC please don't say anything about Bush. it sucks our society expects us to be kind when ghouls die.

Joe the Strummer
Jun 14, 2012

I just heard about bush sr and just wanna chime in and say "good."

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
Wouldn't be prudent to poo poo on the name of good George H. W. Bush... WOULDN'TBEPRUDENT!
NOT.
GONNA.
DO.
IT.

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

https://twitter.com/UweBollocks/status/1068736926356828161

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I know all Republicans are bad etc, but if y'all can't handle Democrats saying nice things about HW then you should probably turn off your monitor for a week

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo
This may have been asked and answered already but I just got the news. Will this be the first time a current president is banned from attending a former president's funeral? Is it bad that I can't wait to see the temper tantrum?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Read. My. Lips.

He fuckin dead.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Ice Phisherman posted:

Stop. Posting. loving. T_D poo poo. On. This. Forum. Stop. No one cares what a bunch of sexless racists think. It's not insightful or helpful. It's weird you care this much to read and compile it. Stop.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

FuturePastNow posted:

I know all Republicans are bad etc, but if y'all can't handle Democrats saying nice things about HW then you should probably turn off your monitor for a week

it's the same exasperation we will have when the war criminal rapist bill clinton dies, what the gently caress???

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Peter Daou Bundy posted:

it's the same exasperation we will have when the war criminal rapist bill clinton dies, what the gently caress???

I'll celebrate the death of Alan Greenspan far more than Clinton. I hope he rots in hell with Ayn Rand forever.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Oh christ, I hadn't even considered a Dan Quayle Eulogy

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1068752888929763328

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

mod sassinator posted:

I'll celebrate the death of Alan Greenspan far more than Clinton. I hope he rots in hell with Ayn Rand forever.

He's 92-years-old.

Soon.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

FuturePastNow posted:

I can't believe they aren't tweeting out the lyrics to ha ha you're dead

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Remember when people thought Dan Quayle was embarrassingly dumb for a political figure? Well, I don't because I was a baby when he left office, but it's still funny.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Mantis42 posted:

Remember when people thought Dan Quayle was embarrassingly dumb for a political figure? Well, I don't because I was a baby when he left office, but it's still funny.

Republicans still talk about how Joe Biden is a gaffe machine, somehow doing so without their brains melting in the sheer hypocrisy

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Mantis42 posted:

A quick refresher:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wdqbi66oNuI

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

FuturePastNow posted:

Yeah, I am just indifferent honestly, like gently caress him and all that but he was one of the few least bad GOP people since Eisenhower and Id take him over McCain for getting the dumb veneration poo poo. Plus it’s another opportunity for trump to act like a prick.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

VH4Ever posted:

This may have been asked and answered already but I just got the news. Will this be the first time a current president is banned from attending a former president's funeral? Is it bad that I can't wait to see the temper tantrum?

Is trump definitely banned from going to his funeral?

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

Hey so Michael Cohen just dumped a statement saying he's talked to everybody from Mueller to the IRS to the NY Tax Enforcement folks, and so he deserves to be sentenced to time served.

Am I mid-stroke, or has Michael Cohen not served any time?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

I remember the heady, heady days when Dan Quayle was the height of political dumbasses.

And honestly HW Bush was a shitbird, and deserves no praise or affection, but I really can't bring myself to get up in arms about the most bog-standard Republican ever when we are confronted with their true evil today. Plus, yeah, we all want dems to dunk on him, but remember that one of the biggest things Trump ever did that really dented his numbers (If only temporarily) was loving up the :decorum: when McCain died. Might not be great from the perspective of Perishing Homosexual Laughter Board Something Awful, but making GBS threads on the recently deceased isn't a battle politicians are ever going to win.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I'm sure they at least have to give him the courtesy of declining. Either way, I almost half expect them to ask Obama for a eulogy. Botye because he's an amazing speaker and it would troll the gently caress out of Dumbass.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
HW Harassed women. It is only fitting that Trump harass what remains of his family and crash a funeral to complain about being finally let in cuz its boring.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Gerald Ford, best republican president since Eisenhower. gently caress all Bushes.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

RIP GHWB, a man who will be beloved by man for being one of the best Republican presidents, which is a bar so low that it has recessed into the loving ground.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Oh, I don't know. But I mean, he was banned from Barbara's? I thought it was well known after what Trump did to Jeb! that he was persona non grata among the Bush family.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Bush raised taxes, that automatically makes him better than any other modern republican.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

The only nice thing I can say about GHWB is that at least the Gulf War loving ended.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

mistaya posted:

The only nice thing I can say about GHWB is that at least the Gulf War loving ended.

Do you think Iraq would have fallen into the same kind of chaos in 91 if they had captured Saddam and forced him out? Serious question

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
HW told Iraq that the US wouldn’t intervene if they invaded Kuwait, which they promptly did causing massive deaths and horrors. He then told them they could have attack helicopters as a part of the peace negotiations, which they promptly used to murder thousands of Kurds.

He was just lovely and bad at his job

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Tbh were still just liberating Kuwait yknow

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

HW is like the blandest man on Earth, who loving cares

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Sanguinia posted:

Bush raised taxes, that automatically makes him better than any other modern republican.

He cut capital gains at the same time which just led to rich people paying themselves in stock.

A fuckton of our current bullshit stems from this decision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I can’t think of anything good that HW did. At least W gave a bunch to help with aids in Africa apparently.