Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/shailjapatel/status/1068217165206220800

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

1glitch0 posted:

I find George Bush's death kinda depressing if I'm being perfectly honest. He was a terrible person, did awful things, made the world a worse place on a level most of us couldn't even imagine accomplishing, had a monstrous wife, raised terrible children, one that became a true war criminal, and his reward was dying at the ripe old age of 94, living a life of luxury his entire life, and will be respected and memorialized as a great man in his death.

The bad guys always win. What a world.

Only because he had two terrible shitshows to smooth him over. Reagan on one, son on the other. Same as Clinton being remembered in a fairly decent light, because the big presidencies on either end of his reign were loving terrible

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

mllaneza posted:

England wasn't ready to fight in 1938, Chamberlain was hosed and had to spin what he got as best he could. When the Poland crisis erupted into open warfare in 1939, England had its air defenses in order, and enough modern planes to undertake a serious war. Back in the 30s the assumption was "the bomber will always get through", and was assumed to be carrying chemical weapons. By the start of WW2 a fuckton of money invested in radar and modern fighter planes changed that equation from "war means our cities get gassed" to "it's on !"

Yet they still found the spine to bully both Czechoslovakia and Poland into not mobilizing their forces for self defence because that might antagonize Hitler. Czechoslovakia had over a million soldiers and vast defence networks and fell without a shot fired because Britain and France threatened to withdraw their promised guarantees of defence if those fortifications were not handed over to the nazis.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
George Bush is survived by a bunch of kids who are somehow worse than the jar baby they kept in their house.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Push El Burrito posted:

George Bush is survived by a bunch of kids who are somehow worse than the jar baby they kept in their house.

No that was Santorum.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

nine-gear crow posted:

No that was Santorum.

You haven't heard of Karl Rove?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Every Republican household has a jar baby.

http://healthland.time.com/2010/11/11/george-w-bush-his-mom-and-her-fetus-not-so-weird-after-all/

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Mantis42 posted:

One of the few conspiracy theories I believe in is that Bill (and most certainly Trump as well) hosed some minors on Epstein's island. Like QAnon is bullshit and so is PizzaGate but c'mon. You know they did it.

i don't believe this, but i do believe that bill in all likelihood raped Juanita Broderick so gently caress him all the same.

honestly if Epstein being treated with kid gloves makes me conspiratorial it tends towards the "There is a high-level top secret ring of pedophiles who cross the country trading young children" end of things. Think Larry King/Boystown, Nebraska stuff. There are just enough outlets for that one that if all of a sudden someone came out and had pictures of hundreds of the richest/most powerful Americans in compromising pictures with young boys and girls, I would be shocked but not surprised.

And to bring it all around, one of those rumors was that someone snuck some male prostitutes into the White House during the H.W. Bush administration, and that the RNCs at that time (and probably still now) are bacchanals full of kids for those rich old fucks to have their way with.

edit for Tom Brokaw saying the words "call-boy ring" multiple times
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5OJPeHCmhA

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Dec 1, 2018

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
a Bush in the ground isn't worth two wars in the sand

but I'm glad he's dead

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Bush was a worthless piece of garbage with more than enough blood on his hands to wash away any honor he might have had. I'm glad he's dead.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

VH4Ever posted:

Stop. Posting. loving. T_D poo poo. On. This. Forum. Stop. No one cares what a bunch of sexless racists think. It's not insightful or helpful. It's weird you care this much to read and compile it. Stop.

Speak for yourself. I think it's hilarious watching them flail and despair.

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep
Distressing new information about collapses in earth's biodiversity today: apparently we have lost half the world's population of ex presidents named george bush

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Thirded

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Plus, watching terrible people flail around and own themselves is literally the reason this site exists.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I do wonder if we're going to see more suicides or homicides when Trump is out of power.

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Majorian posted:

He was extremely funny, but I don’t think he quite bulls-eyed why Bill was bad. He did capture his charm though.

He’s certainly doing his part, but I think you’re giving him too much credit here. Clinton and Dubya made this breakdown in the bilateral strategic relationship inevitable. Especially Dubya, by refusing to renew the ABM Treaty, by promising Ukraine and Georgia NATO membership, and, of course, by going full neocon in the Middle East and Central Asia. Obama slowed things down a bit, but Trump’s ultimately just continuing a very dumb trend.

There is nothing wrong with expanding NATO. If anything Russia has proved that they will need to be stood up against as long as they exist. The more the merrier. The fact that you equate protecting vulnerable countries from a known agressor and said aggressor's blatant lust for nuclear war says a lot about you.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I do wonder if we're going to see more suicides or homicides when Trump is out of power.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised to see a bunch of chuds Chris Benoit-ing to spare their families from the incoming liberal hordes that Q has prophesied

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Niwrad posted:

ADA was pretty good. Can't think of much else.

There was the Clean Air Act, and he did raise taxes on the rich by 3 points.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Btw, the shitshow that was Panama probably needs to be mentioned...it is so sad when the School of the Americas had to put down one of its own.

Also, the entire Persian Gulf War was extremely sketchy and the US could have easily stopped it. If anything in hindsight it was a demonstration project to pressure the Soviets...who were practically already on the way out. Then there is his response to the collapse of the Soviet Union which left plenty to be desired.

In summation, still worse than Ford.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1068826073775964160

I am sure he wrote this.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

VH4Ever posted:

Let's not forget that Bush was director of the CIA for a year under Ford and before that was head of the RNC when Nixon went down in flames, a period where his main aim was to minimize damage to Republicans after their president was revealed as an undeniable crook and liar. His dad was cool with Nazis and did business with them before (and I think allegedly during?) World War 2. gently caress him and that whole family. I say that unapologetically.

Please clap.

Yes, part of the Bush fortune is off the backs of internment camp labor. I was very young and vaguely remember it being a scandal during his election.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Don't forget the Business Plot, which was nothing less than an attempt at a coup

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Real Trump is pissed that the media is now going to be ignoring his Big Important summit.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Kavros posted:

Distressing new information about collapses in earth's biodiversity today: apparently we have lost half the world's population of ex presidents named george bush

Not really feeling this Leftovers reboot but maybe it will grow on me after a few more episodes.

my bony fealty posted:

In Hell Jack Kennedy breaks out into a smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9FzVhw8_bY

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Office Pig posted:

Henry Kissinger will never die.

What will you do if he died today? He's kind of like Abe Vigoda or Stan lee in that you don't think it'll happen till it does.

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep
If Kissinger died today I'd just say "Wow, and I think Beverly Cleary and I.M. Pei are still alive"

then I would think that it'd be just swell if Pat Robertson chased him down into hell.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

[url=https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3876906]

Failed Imagineer posted:

Honestly wouldn't be surprised to see a bunch of chuds Chris Benoit-ing to spare their families from the incoming liberal hordes that Q has prophesied

I still choose to believe that he killed them with the Crippler Crossface despite all evidence to the contrary.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

My grandmother (who was living in the family's old bootlegger cabin in the 40s and 50s) had a few jar babies. It was known to all my uncles. It became known to the next generation at her wake where they drunkenly resolved to take shovels when they went to scatter her ashes in the morning. :gonk: Thankfully, their plan to "find their brothers" was dashed because my favorite cousin and I hatched our own drunken "hide every shovel in the house jesus christ" plan before they could sober up

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Crabtree posted:

What will you do if he died today? He's kind of like Abe Vigoda or Stan lee in that you don't think it'll happen till it does.

This is how I felt when Shel Silverstein died.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/1068848041895981057

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Bad news, guys, Mueller is done

https://twitter.com/lazyzimms/status/1068778624344604674?s=19

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep
Jeb was found strangled in GWB's breathing and feeder tubes. He seems to have gotten tangled up in them while fumblingly trying to remove his own father from life support.

While the effort does seem to have ended his father's life, nobody came despite repeatedly hearing "please help."

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

They forget to invite Jeb to the funeral.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
https://twitter.com/CoreyRobin/status/1068733977496772608
'nother dead guy:

quote:

The “Revolving Door” TV ad accusing Dukakis of being soft on crime showed convicts coming in and out of prison through a revolving door made of prison bars, and was meant to allude to Horton, Rolling Stone reported. The ad was largely masterminded by Roger Ailes, who founded Fox News Channel in 1996.

“The only question is whether we depict Willie Horton with a knife in his hand — or without it,” Ailes once told a reporter, according to Rolling Stone.

https://twitter.com/classiclib3ral/status/1068859556770533378

Ague Proof fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Dec 1, 2018

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

Sanguinia posted:

He's a sexual predator in that he used his position of power over Lewinski to either pressure or manipulate her into sexual favors. I admit I have not really followed her career or statements over the years, so I can't say what her feelings on her consent or lack thereof in the affair were. But regardless, the power dynamics involved in the situation alone make them beyond skeezy and unacceptable.

If you're asking if Bill is a Law And Order SVU Rapist who grabs women in alleyways and shoves himself in them or has children delivered to his private villa to sexually enslave or whatever, no, that is a T_D meme. If you asked them if what Clinton did with Lewinski was rape they'd laugh at the notion. And probably make a disparaging comment about her weight.

You had time to write this entire paragraph out but not over the years to see what her feelings on the matter were?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Every morning I check my phone hoping that a President died overnight. This morning I found out that one did, but not necessarily the one that I wanted.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Your Taint posted:

Every morning I check my phone hoping that a President died overnight. This morning I found out that one did, but not necessarily the one that I wanted.

Bush Sr. is like a bronze medal. I'll still take it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1068866353975709696

Why would the family want him there? Jesus.