Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I think both Pat and Paige are just very quick to shout at people that are aggressive towards them and unfortunately the lovely People are very nice to them. I don't think they're bad or secretly Nazis or whatever, and I hope they can understand why people got so pissed that they were engaging with a legit GG figurehead and people that tend to hang out with similar assholes. I also don't think anyone is wrong to not wanna engage with people that are even tangentially related to that poo poo.

Also if you're lurking around to SS this and say "hey, SA is trying to smear campaign you again", you can go suck my dick from the back, you absolute fuckin' coward. Go gently caress yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

Dias posted:

Also if you're lurking around to SS this and say "hey, SA is trying to smear campaign you again", you can go suck my dick from the back, you absolute fuckin' coward. Go gently caress yourself.

I hope she is reading this. Her defense of saying that she follows/is friends with liberals and radical feminists isn't convincing as those people aren't asking for the extermination of minorities. The alt-right are.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Why the hell would anyone want to talk to Ralph Retort dude for any other reason than to co-sign his bullshit? He's not funny or interesting and his only claim to fame is through peddling inane alt-right crap, there's literally no reason to pay any attention to him unless you're sympathetic to his nonsense. Like, that's not a corner one accidentally backs themselves into.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Why the hell would anyone want to talk to Ralph Retort dude for any other reason than to co-sign his bullshit? He's not funny or interesting and his only claim to fame is through peddling inane alt-right crap, there's literally no reason to pay any attention to him unless you're sympathetic to his nonsense. Like, that's not a corner one accidentally backs themselves into.

Dick got her on that and apparently she wasn't familiar with the dude's politics at all when it happened, which is fair because...well, I kinda didn't until a while ago. It seems like it was a very spur-of-the-moment thing, and she kinda clammed up because the reaction was YOU MONSTER. I'unno, this is like, a hard thing to navigate around but there wasn't any actively evil intention behind it, even if you think she did something really garbage.

theCalamity posted:

I hope she is reading this. Her defense of saying that she follows/is friends with liberals and radical feminists isn't convincing as those people aren't asking for the extermination of minorities. The alt-right are.

That wasn't aimed towards her, that was aimed towards the absolute, complete fuckin' bitchmade coward lurking this thread and going "Lol they wanna murder you paige for not being PC" rear end in a top hat. You got my real account, man. I'll rip you three different assholes in three different languages, either here or on Twitter. Just check in.

Dias fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Nov 30, 2018

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

He can't be that bad he raised all that money for charity and the WSJ made St.Jude give it back! nevermind that St. Jude has a policy of rejecting money from racists You're just concern trolling. Stop being so close minded, so much for the tolerant left, she can't be responsible for whose show she goes on, stop be ableist and repeating things she says about herself etc etc etc

ah well Matt and Crymtina are fun

Dias posted:

Dick got her on that and apparently she wasn't familiar with the dude's politics at all when it happened, which is fair because...well, I kinda didn't until a while ago. It seems like it was a very spur-of-the-moment thing, and she kinda clammed up because the reaction was YOU MONSTER. I'unno, this is like, a hard thing to navigate around but there wasn't any actively evil intention behind it, even if you think she did something really garbage.

Real question: when the whole thing initially went down The Dick Show reddit was all about circling the wagons for the racist. How do they reconcile going in on her while they also defended him?

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Nov 30, 2018

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

Dias posted:

That wasn't aimed towards her, that was aimed towards the absolute, complete fuckin' bitchmade coward lurking this thread and going "Lol they wanna murder you paige for not being PC" rear end in a top hat. You got my real account, man. I'll rip you three different assholes in three different languages, either here or on Twitter. Just check in.

She checks out this thread from time to time, I guess.

As for not knowing what show she's going on, I don't see how you wouldn't give a cursory glance over someone's twitter feed and whatnot in this day and age.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
At least this whole thing has taught me that lovebombing is the term for that insanely annoying thing I never had a good name for.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dias posted:

Yeah, that's my take on it too. I don't assume any malice towards it, and I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that they didn't know their friend was tangentially supporting people asking the Jewish Question/ calling school shootings false flags but the response to being made aware of this stuff leaves a bit to be desired. Not knowing something is fine! It happens and I doubt anyone's demanding you be aware of everyone anti-semitic or what have you but if you get it brought up to you and your response is 'well, let's just agree to disagree, everyone has a different opinion and we shouldn't shame them for that' then well oof *collar tug* not a good look.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
So she retweets things without reading? Cause this all started because the literal thing she reposted was "Hey, that jew massacre was an insurance scam."

That's a whole different problem for Paige.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Did that actually happen? I've seen people saying it did, but also people asking for proof and being blanked.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

theCalamity posted:

Also that's just a variant of "I have black friends" which she should KNOW is not a valid argument

Pigbuster posted:

At least this whole thing has taught me that lovebombing is the term for that insanely annoying thing I never had a good name for.
Yeah I didn't even know that was a thing but of course it is.

This and the AGDQ thing have been some top tier fragile white folks lately

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Did that actually happen? I've seen people saying it did, but also people asking for proof and being blanked.

Yeah, I want the post too just so I have a foothold in the exact dumb thing she did.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Yeah if people have a screencap of that that'd be appreciated.

Captain Invictus posted:

This and the AGDQ thing have been some top tier fragile white folks lately

Wait, what happened with AGDQ? Did I miss something?

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Nth-ing to :justpost: the loving tweet already.

GDQ just had to ban some dudes for being lovely people.

VVV edit: yeah yeah, didn't doubt they were gently caress heads, just want to see the tweet she supposedly retweeted VVV

Baron Snow fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Nov 30, 2018

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
dunno about that tweet but going on the ralph stream and attacking people who were upset you went on an alt right, false flag conspiracy stream is terrible

differing opinions mmhmm

Baron Snow posted:

VVV edit: yeah yeah, didn't doubt they were gently caress heads, just want to see the tweet she supposedly retweeted VVV

id be surprised if she tweeted that, you’d probably get banned even on twitter. i think people are confusing her going on and retweeting that stream with people who do believe (among other neo nazi poo poo) the synagogue shooting was fake jewish plot

Reclines Obesily fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Nov 30, 2018

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Monathin posted:

Wait, what happened with AGDQ? Did I miss something?

GDQ banned some neo nazi speed runners for their differing opinions.

https://twitter.com/RWhiteGoose/status/1067707564689776642

its okay tho cause one of the nazis had a complete change of heart from the comments he made 2 months ago

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Hey, better than him not having that change of heart.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

That's the phoniest apology I've seen in a while. "Yes my bullshit neo-nazi views totally completely changed in a couple months, coincidentally this also lined up closely with my being found out, thank you god bless."

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
No, RWG is totally a nazi, but it was grav who was making some AMAZINGLY racist and transphobia comments on forums and in a private nazi speedrunner discord. Like, "look for the adams apple" type poo poo. Matty from gdq said they needed more proof than a chatlog screenshot, but then closed the inquiry. Almost immediately people dug up the racist posts on a forum(as grav was in the middle of wiping them out, he was too slow) and within hours gdq officially banned him. But Matty did a real stupid loving thing and both sides'd/"differing opinions" nazis and got poo poo on for it, went on a lengthy meltdown including the equivalent of "I have gay friends, I'm your ally!", got called out by protomagicalgirl, and yeah, he should probably be fired

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Maybe they would have come down on him faster if he ragged on Owen Wilson or if they could pin some bullshit on him after someone on the couch puts on a MAGA hat behind his back.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Dec 1, 2018

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013
Paige is friends with the Dick Show

The Dick Show guys are/were friendly with the Ralph Retort guy.

Paige goes on the Ralph Retort, and since then his youtube page got deleted and I dunno if anyone managed to capture the footage of Paige's appearance on that show.

The Wall Street Journal of all places did a story about how the Ralph Retort was racist garbage.

Ralph Retort tries to do a "benefit stream" for St. Jude's Hospital.

St. Jude decided to reject Ralph Retort's donations.

Ralph Retort tries to gin up some sympathy by saying that the WSJ was killing kids with cancer because the WSJ convinced St. Jude's to reject their donations.

Paige retweeted that Ralph Retort tweet, which caused the current controversy.

So tl;dr Paige rewteeted a holocaust denier who was trying to gain sympathy by raising money for a kid cancer charity.

In conclusion, paige hosed up and instead of trying to make up for it she responded by attacking a trans fan (accusing her of "concern trolling"), and by even the most charitable of readings paige is loving stupid and 'inadvertently' providing cover for a white nationalist that was rightly banned from youtube.

ED: these tweets were some pages back and if they haven't been deleted recently they should still be available.

AShamefulDisplay fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Nov 30, 2018

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

AShamefulDisplay posted:

Paige is friends with the Dick Show

The Dick Show guys are/were friendly with the Ralph Retort guy.

Paige goes on the Ralph Retort, and since then his youtube page got deleted and I dunno if anyone managed to capture the footage of Paige's appearance on that show.

The Wall Street Journal of all places did a story about how the Ralph Retort was racist garbage.

Ralph Retort tries to do a "benefit stream" for St. Jude's Hospital.

St. Jude decided to reject Ralph Retort's donations.

Ralph Retort tries to gin up some sympathy by saying that the WSJ was killing kids with cancer because the WSJ convinced St. Jude's to reject their donations.

Paige retweeted that Ralph Retort tweet, which caused the current controversy.

So tl;dr Paige rewteeted a holocaust denier who was trying to gain sympathy by raising money for a kid cancer charity.

In conclusion, paige hosed up and instead of trying to make up for it she responded by attacking a trans fan (accusing her of "concern trolling"), and by even the most charitable of readings paige is loving stupid and 'inadvertently' providing cover for a white nationalist that was rightly banned from youtube.

ED: these tweets were some pages back and if they haven't been deleted recently they should still be available.

yeah this

paige if you read that and still don't understand and want to continue digging, well, get hosed.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Okay, now I'm starting to get why people are getting frustrated with the Kingdom Hearts LP. I'm not gonna hold a grudge about anything because hey, blind LP of a game you're not at all familiar with. But man that party confusion. It's so irritating! Just push a button and see what it does, have faith that the game won't soft lock if you try to do a thing, please! The fire door and electric wires in Traverse town are whatever because even with six sets of eyes they miss things constantly anyway so whatever.

Woolie did have a point about the menu though, to foolproof it, it could've used some brackets around the first three that said 'Current Party/Team' and then one on the outsider that was 'Reserve'

Anybody wanna argue about Kingdom Hearts with me? Personally, I think it's bullshit that we keep getting Simba as a summon instead of Nala, the much stronger fighter.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the first game was the best

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.
I remember when this thread was about fart gas.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Look, I'll take Matt being bad at the videogame as long as stuff progresses at a decent pace. You don't wanna ruin his gimmick anyway.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.

Captain Invictus posted:

...a private nazi speedrunner discord...

We live in the dumbest possible cyberpunk future.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

RareAcumen posted:

Okay, now I'm starting to get why people are getting frustrated with the Kingdom Hearts LP. I'm not gonna hold a grudge about anything because hey, blind LP of a game you're not at all familiar with. But man that party confusion. It's so irritating! Just push a button and see what it does, have faith that the game won't soft lock if you try to do a thing, please! The fire door and electric wires in Traverse town are whatever because even with six sets of eyes they miss things constantly anyway so whatever.

Woolie did have a point about the menu though, to foolproof it, it could've used some brackets around the first three that said 'Current Party/Team' and then one on the outsider that was 'Reserve'

Anybody wanna argue about Kingdom Hearts with me? Personally, I think it's bullshit that we keep getting Simba as a summon instead of Nala, the much stronger fighter.

They were confused for like 40 seconds tops

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

RareAcumen posted:

I don't give a gently caress about kingdom hearts, nor know anything about the summons in it or about the Lion King. But it would make a lot more sense to have a lioness as a summon, as they're the far more combative sex when it comes to wild lions.

I'll argue about how media has tricked society into thinking lions are cool and strong all day, lions are basically scavengers the majority of the time and job to actual pack hunters like hyenas all the time.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm just sick of summoning Ariel and doing her rhythm games

Zanna
Oct 9, 2012
Huh. I just noticed that all of the Machinima videos have been taken down. Wonder when that happened

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!

Zanna posted:

Huh. I just noticed that all of the Machinima videos have been taken down. Wonder when that happened

Luckily, this one seems to be safe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfS6HpW7uG4

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

RareAcumen posted:

The wires and the fire door bothered me, but what really gets me is that Matt hasn't opened the Ability menu for Donald or Goofy even once since the LP started.

They're not as useless as you think they were during the Cerberus boss fight, Matt! They just aren't using their abilities because you haven't equipped them!

(I'm enjoying the LP, mind you. It's been pretty chill and relaxing so far.)

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Vandar posted:

The wires and the fire door bothered me, but what really gets me is that Matt hasn't opened the Ability menu for Donald or Goofy even once since the LP started.

They're not as useless as you think they were during the Cerberus boss fight, Matt! They just aren't using their abilities because you haven't equipped them!

(I'm enjoying the LP, mind you. It's been pretty chill and relaxing so far.)

I'm enjoying the LP but they are struggling so hard with all of the menus. There are so many times where Matt someone ends up in the potion menu and then can't seem to figure out how to get out/actually use a potion.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The KH menus look to be pretty loving bad for conveyance but also they're both blind and can't read. Look at that shameful performance after the Cerberus fight.

<Whatever> learned.
Matt: "Is that an item?"
Yes Matt. You learn items.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I honestly think part of the problem is Matt is terrified he's going to pull a TheOtherTwo and spend forever in menu sections, because that would be kind of lovely LPing, but that also means that he's not learning anything and hasn't realized how to kit out Donald and Goofy yet

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Woolie: "so, this game has two builds, one is Patreon-only and you're not allowed to show it, this is a trial version, not current."
Matt: "IT'S A PITY THIS GAME WILL NEVER BE FINISHED!"

baby nooo

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
He was accidentally right, E's Laf will never be finished.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dammit I keep forgetting to ask. Were Pat Woolie and Slowbeef at Rooster Teeth at different times?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Dabir posted:

<Whatever> learned.
Matt: "Is that an item?"
Yes Matt. You learn items.

Someone who never played Final Fantasy 12, spotted!