Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

spending time posting about a game you dont own or plan to play seems really weird to me :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

boar guy posted:

spending time posting about a game you dont own or plan to play seems really weird to me :shrug:

spending time getting owned and played by fallout 76 seems pretty weird as well

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

hang on gonna go start a thread in SAS about how i hate sports for 500 pages

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

boar guy posted:

what you don't like about us making fun of all the decisions involving this game?

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

frajaq posted:

what you don't like about us making fun of all the decisions involving this game?

it's just weird. like guys who dont watch wwe but still show up in the PSP threads to criticize booking decisions. you're still giving the thing you purport to think sucks attention.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

boar guy posted:

Posting on SA is way more fun than 99% of games. Nothing more fun to post about than a train wreck.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

boar guy posted:

Spending time posting about people who don't okay a game posting about if game is double weird imho.

I just love corporations loving up so badly and I just can't get enough!

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

ask not what your pipboy can do for you, but what you can do for your pipboy

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

boar guy posted:

this is the fallout franchise thread dude

like bullshit you think it's "weird" for people to talk about fallout games in the fallout thread

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Dec 1, 2018

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Fallom posted:

this is the fallout franchise thread dude

like bullshit you think it's "weird" for people to talk about fallout games in the fallout thread

no one is talking about the game, it's 300 people who dont own it trying to zanily one up each other with Bethesda hate

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

boar guy posted:

no one is talking about the game, it's 300 people who dont own it trying to zanily one up each other with Bethesda hate

yeah because this is the thread for talking about Bethesda and the Fallout series. There's a TGS thread where people are sharing hints and tips or whatever for Fallout 76 if that's all you want

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Fantastic.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
It’s ridiculous, to me,, personally,, that people, are discussing the game, in the thread, but not liking it

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
It's fun when a big publisher makes the decision to eschew everything that made their games sellable despite their huge problems, in a bid to go after the latest industry craze, ends up falling flat on its face, that's all.

GhostDog fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Dec 1, 2018

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

boar guy posted:

You could go to the other fallout 76 thread to post about the game or ignore the SA equivalent of old people writing complaints to TV Guide that Hee Haw was cancelled 26 years ago.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

GhostDog posted:

It's fun when a big publisher makes the decision to eschew everything that made their games sellable despite their huge problems in a bit to go after the latest industry craze ends up falling flat on its face, that's all.

They did this years ago with ESO. For some reason, they thought it would go different with 76.

Hell, ESO was a little closer to the prime days of MMOs at least.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

boar guy posted:

We're in Games, talking about a game.

Unfortunately, not all games are good.

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

corn in the bible posted:

When people like you exist why bother fixing the game? Stop buying trash ffs

Absolutely. I’m part of this cycle and can’t deny it if you look at it under this lens.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Chomp8645 posted:

We're in Games, talking about a game.

Unfortunately, not all games are good.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

boar guy posted:

Why do people keep saying everyone who says anything bad about the game doesn't own it? I own the game and enjoy it on some level but I fully understand the levels of garbage and bullshit here, the FO76 reddit is the same way where they don't actually talk about the game they talk about how brave they are to enjoy the game.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

People are breaking servers by using the infinite weightless glitch. People are collecting as much weight as possible (one person had 13,000 pounds and if they hit discard of all items, the server breaks.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

People are breaking servers by using the infinite weightless glitch. People are collecting as much weight as possible (one person had 13,000 pounds and if they hit discard of all items, the server breaks.

This is extremely funny.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

boar guy posted:

I'm with ya, I was laughing at someone pushing 10 pages here of just their posts without owning the game lol

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

I'm with ya, I was laughing at someone pushing 10 pages here of just their posts without owning the game lol

Thread existed 6 months before Fallout 76 was even announced.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
The ole "did you buy it" catch-22. You didn't buy it? Guess you're just an angry sperglord why don't you go post elsewhere. You did buy it? You're part of the problem stop supporting garbage development.

Truth is, that game is rigged from the start.

Just let people have their opinions (all opinions).

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
My opinion: this game is pretty bad!

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

rickiep00h posted:

Don’t take other people enjoying it personally?

For the amount of people complaining about investment in video game franchises as an identity there’s an awful lot of ironic vitriol in here that goes way beyond simple schadenfreude and I’m honestly starting to wonder who the actual “broke brained” people are. Meeting “I’m kind of enjoying the game for what it was advertised as except for the bugs” with gently caress YOU YOU’RE WRONG is some goony goon poo poo and maybe y’all should just go back to horse collecting in RDR2 or stroking a nostalgia boner playing Fallout 2 or whatever it is you’d actually rather be doing.

We get it. You’re mad about a franchise that apparently jumped the shark over a decade ago. You can move on. It’s okay. There’s life outside games you don’t like, and building a personality around bitching about things other people do for no reason other than bitching is pretty tiring. Find something else to do, you hate it so much.

hi todd

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

rickiep00h posted:

Don’t take other people enjoying it personally?

For the amount of people complaining about investment in video game franchises as an identity there’s an awful lot of ironic vitriol in here that goes way beyond simple schadenfreude and I’m honestly starting to wonder who the actual “broke brained” people are. Meeting “I’m kind of enjoying the game for what it was advertised as except for the bugs” with gently caress YOU YOU’RE WRONG is some goony goon poo poo and maybe y’all should just go back to horse collecting in RDR2 or stroking a nostalgia boner playing Fallout 2 or whatever it is you’d actually rather be doing.

We get it. You’re mad about a franchise that apparently jumped the shark over a decade ago. You can move on. It’s okay. There’s life outside games you don’t like, and building a personality around bitching about things other people do for no reason other than bitching is pretty tiring. Find something else to do, you hate it so much.

Yeah pretty much

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
I'm going to continue to talk about Bethesda and Fallout in this thread and I encourage you all to do the same. We could message on this board maybe.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

mormonpartyboat fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Dec 1, 2018

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1OB6JOpKrQ

here's the best take on the matter of 76.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
you can like whatever you want but that doesn't mean people arent going to make fun of you for it, lol

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
F76 a 9 dimensional chess game. Todd Howard is sick of Fallout fans telling he sucks and working for Bethesda in general. He can't just quit though, he has had no other experience in any industry since the 80s. He needs some exit cash to retire. So he looks at his contract, sees the "golden parachute" clause (in the event he is fired) and goes to work creating Fallout 76.

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Dec 1, 2018

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

socialsecurity posted:

Thread existed 6 months before Fallout 76 was even announced.

Yea it's crazy to me too that someone would waste 6 months posting that much about a game they dont like trying to be funny

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

fuckin' dorks

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

frajaq posted:

Some of the monsters and locations looked cool so hopefully they'll be modded into Fallout 4

Yeah all I really care about this game was that it took place in WV which has a lot of nice natural landmarks and beautiful landscape and a surprising amount of weird myths and poo poo so beyond anything else seeing a game actual draw on an area of the country most people probably forget exists beyond being like ground zero of the opoid epidemic be such a half assed mess probably permanently killed any bethesda goodwill I had even before the nylon bag poo poo.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

boar guy posted:

it's just weird. like guys who dont watch wwe but still show up in the PSP threads to criticize booking decisions. you're still giving the thing you purport to think sucks attention.

Attention is not some kind of weird hypocrisy-currency, and there's nothing "weird" about spending time and attention on something that sucks.

While we're at it, Roger Ebert spent an awful lot of time writing about movies that sucked. Seems weird to me. Passive aggressive shrug. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
the only one who may take my accounting is the pip boy, once i die and place my posts upon His scales