Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Oh absolutely.

"I've forcibly given everyone a trial version of Extremis. You can use it to modify your body in whatever manner you want.
(24 hours later.)
The free trial period is up.
Now let's discuss what subscription plan you would like."

It works for the anti-virus industry, it would work on this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Or, the widespread, always present surveillance aparatus Otto was running could easily be leveraged to gain whatever the heart desires.

Benito Cereno
Jan 20, 2006

ALLEZ-OUP!

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

Yo if you aren't reading Ghost Panther you're missing out! I'm really happy with how it turned out.

Hey, man, you did a cool job with the story and you really surprised me with the Killraven stuff, but I gotta say you totally scored with the artist. Stylish and dark and cool is definitely what a Ghost Rider book should look like, even if it’s half Black Panther too

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Yeah all the talk about martians had me confused until that reveal, then I was like, "oh poo poo, deep cut!". I really loved the design on Zarathos, too.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"

Benito Cereno posted:

Hey, man, you did a cool job with the story and you really surprised me with the Killraven stuff, but I gotta say you totally scored with the artist. Stylish and dark and cool is definitely what a Ghost Rider book should look like, even if it’s half Black Panther too

Tell me about it. Jefte's art was such a great fit, it really made the whole thing shine- he really gave it some moody weight.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Edge & Christian posted:

fart machine comics science

If I ever get a username change....

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Getting around to hate reading iron man and i could see myself liking jocasta and her storyline if someone else had the reigns and i still am upset they let slott drag Janet into it

E: Gwen Poole Was Right

site fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Nov 27, 2018

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Having worked with Bowers and Sims at the same comic shop, I can promise everyone that last panel comes from the heart.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Is that Man Fing Fang Foom?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Open Marriage Night posted:

Is that Man Fing Fang Foom?

Man Thing Thang Thoom

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ˇTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!
After reading Fantastic Four, I really like the team's unofficial battle-cry coming back: "Johnny, no!"

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Just read Ironheart, thought it was a pretty solid first issue, but nothing amazing. The conversation between Xavier and Riri at the end was pretty fun.

Still, definitely a better comic than what many long time writers of comics have put out. Almost like maybe Marvel and DC should be giving people other than straight white dudes a shot at writing comics?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Roth posted:

Just read Ironheart, thought it was a pretty solid first issue, but nothing amazing. The conversation between Xavier and Riri at the end was pretty fun.

I've noticed that a lot of people who are new to comics from some other writing medium will do a bit of what Ewing did here, and will just overstuff the hell out of their word balloons. Beyond that, though, this was a solid setup issue that tried to establish some supporting cast members that are uniquely Riri's, which is never a bad call.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
So The death of Daredevil story line ended pretty much how I thought it would, considering the first part to the story. Like, zero surprise. Kind of disappointing, honestly. I still liked Soule's DD run overall, but it ended on a wet fart, especially considering we already know a new Daredevils series begins in February.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

site posted:

Getting around to hate reading iron man and i could see myself liking jocasta and her storyline if someone else had the reigns and i still am upset they let slott drag Janet into it

E: Gwen Poole Was Right

Whew, I haven't thought of Sleepwalker in . . . . . . . . . a very long time. I should read Gwen Poole, it sounds like it's up my alley. I tried to read a series on Unlimited a few years ago though and it didn't make much sense.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/11/29/marvel-comics-meet-the-skrulls-robbie-thompson-niko-henrichon/

quote:

MEET THE SKRULLS
The Warners are your typical family. Dad works at Stark. Mom works in a Senator’s office. Jennifer and Alice are students at Stamford High School. The only thing that makes them different is that they’re shape-shifting Skrulls and have infiltrated our society to pave the way for a Skrull invasion. Robbie Thompson (SPIDER-MAN/DEADPOOL) and Niko Henrichon (DOCTOR STRANGE, Pride of Baghdad) bring the Marvel Universe down to Earth with a bold new look at the Skrulls that will test even YOUR loyalty.

Looks Visiony.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
So secret invasion 2 in 2020?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yuck.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I just can't get excited about much from marvel anymore.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

I miss The Americans and Niko Henrichon's art is gorgeous, I'll give it a shot.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
After Hickman was done...I guess Marvel went to poot.

Kikkoman
Nov 28, 2002

Posing along since 2005
I dropped Marvel after Secret Wars but Thor, Hulk, Fantastic 4 and Coates' Captain America are getting me back in the fold. I've had 0 interest in the events though lol

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

None of their events since SW have been any good.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Synthbuttrange posted:

Few in the decade prior were any good. I really liked House of M and Secret Invasion but other than that ehhhhhhhhhhhhnhhhhh

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Rhyno posted:

Few in the decade prior were any good. I really liked House of M and Secret Invasion but other than that ehhhhhhhhhhhhnhhhhh

Few can top onslaught and the crossing

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

Few can top onslaught and the crossing

Onslaught Reborn

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I wonder if Chelsea Cain's Vision was nixed because it'd be too far removed from the just announced Vision + Scarlet Witch show.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Synthbuttrange posted:

While I agree, I really have faith in the new war of the Realms storyline. Jason Aaron began that story line during his awesome run on Thor god of thunder in 2012. Over the last 6 years, he has built that story in the background. Everything that has occurred in his amazing run of Thor has been a part of that story line. So if he wants to have the Final Act be a big line wide event, I have faith that he can pull it off. If nothing else, everything leading up to it has been a blast.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
counterpoint: Gerry Duggan's Guardians of the Galaxy was a banger but Infinity Wars has, outside of the Warped minis, been bad and forgettable, largely due to external circumstances (the art, the obvious shift in direction from a GOTG storyline to a linewide event, Duggan's plans for characters clearly being changed for him)

Like once an event becomes an Event the book's creative team doesn't really guarantee anything because more than ever they exist at the whim of editorial and corporate

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i would like to third or fourth ironheart being a good first issue

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

site posted:

i would like to third or fourth ironheart being a good first issue

Yeah, gonna Nth this. It clearly establishes her as a character along with her supporting cast and her place in the Marvel Universe as well as having a solid *actual story* and a fight sequence throughout, and leaving a cliffhanger for the next issue. The art was solid for the most part, if a bit "house style" and didn't get in the way of the story at all. I felt it got a touch wordy at times, but that's a minor complaint.

I still don't like the armor design, but that's whatever.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I bet she gets new armor in an arc or two, or has different suits for different things, what's the point of being on an iron person book if you don't get to design a bunch of cool armor?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

She's only getting her first issue now? I feel like I first heard it was coming and saw the cover art a year ago.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
yeah i still dont like riris new armor either

Lobok posted:

She's only getting her first issue now? I feel like I first heard it was coming and saw the cover art a year ago.

i dont think its been that long, but at least it came out, unlike that storm book by TNC and jen bartel that quietly disappeared

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

It's jusy that her series is actually being called Ironheart now. She's been appearing regularly for a while now

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Greg Pak and Takeshi Miyazawa are doing the comic for some strange Japanese band promo project.
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/12/01/marvel-comics-sekai-no-owari-tokyo-comic-con/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq0ZrwYS5_A

Wish they were working on something else together at Marvel. Loved Mech Cadet Yu.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ˇTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!
What should I go back and read if I wanted to be completely familiar with all the plot points going into War of the Realms?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Unless you need to see the origins of main baddie Malekith, just Jason Aaron's Thor.

Thor: God of Thunder (2012)
Thor (2014)
The Mighty Thor (2015)
Thor (2018)
+ some optional miniseries here and there.

Technically, the War story only starts midway through GoT, but you might as well read everything.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Dec 2, 2018

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Unless you need to see the origins of main baddie Malekith, just Jason Aaron's Thor.

Thor (2014)
The Mighty Thor (2015)
Thor (2018)

Technically, the War story only starts midway through GoT, but you might as well read everything.

Yeah, the first arc is kinda important for other reasons if you're reading through Thor, and it's also loving metal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Teenage Fansub posted:

Thor (2014)
The Mighty Thor (2015)
Thor (2018)

And don't forget Secret Wars: Thors which sets up precisely one thing in the 2015 series, but more importantly, is entertaining as gently caress.

And also the Unworthy Thor mini which is also kind of skippable but features the grand return of Thori the hellhound.