Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Harkano posted:

And this Knight is on Vallejo Stone Black Lava
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bm_EMRBjo0Q/

Aaaaaaahhhhhh this owns so hard.

How does the whole setup look to power the LED?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

slut chan posted:

This was a cool and good report. Kinda mirrors a recent game I had where I also blind charged and had 70+ boyz attacks. My friend-pponent did not take kindly to either. Almost put a damper on the evening, but we still had fun.

Also good to see someone else that has some old 2nd ed boyz mixed in with the modern.

Thanks for the kind words. I use the 2nd ed boyz as Gretchin because they are drat near the height of the official gretchin models, and they were a nice ebay find.

Also I have to give it to my opponent, he was incredibly patient with all the dice rolling, and was really cool about the outcome and we were both really happy to just be able to play a fun match.

My other game that night was against orks, and boy I cannot wait to write it up.

EDIT: Also I need recommendations for infantry focused carrying cases. Like, something I can get 120+ models on 28mm/32mm/40mm (mostly 28mm) into. Ideally something not insanely expensive, but something that'll keep my boyz/hq's organized and relatively safe.

The Jumpoff fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Dec 1, 2018

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

The Jumpoff posted:

Thanks for the kind words. I use the 2nd ed boyz as Gretchin because they are drat near the height of the official gretchin models, and they were a nice ebay find.

Also I have to give it to my opponent, he was incredibly patient with all the dice rolling, and was really cool about the outcome and we were both really happy to just be able to play a fun match.

My other game that night was against orks, and boy I cannot wait to write it up.

EDIT: Also I need recommendations for infantry focused carrying cases. Like, something I can get 120+ models on 28mm/32mm/40mm (mostly 28mm) into. Ideally something not insanely expensive, but something that'll keep my boyz/hq's organized and relatively safe.

Kr multicase have some great options

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

Yvonmukluk posted:

I've also got a set of Scale75 soilworks, but I'm basically 100% I'd gently caress up with that.

Didn't realise Scale75 did scenics, I'm in love with their metallics so I'll have to check it out.

The thing I liked about the Vallejos is that they were all available on Amazon Prime here, so was easier than me getting to my GW.

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013
More angry mushrooms on two wheeled contrivances!

I am now done with the speed freeks box, which means it is time to do some boyz!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
You are real good at painting and modeling and basing.

10/10

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I haven’t seen new painting pics on your Instagram or in the thread.

I need my fix of your pics!!!

You got any projects brewing my friend?

I had a rough week of too much to do but I'm now off work for a month so I'm gonna clear the backlog. Talos soon!

Also I have a Librarian 95% painted but I ran out of Dullcote so I can't finish him until Tuesday :negative:

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

You are real good at painting and modeling and basing.

10/10

Yeah, seriously. He really makes me want to start Orks.

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

So the description of the imperial fist battleforce says it has 10 hellblasters, the picture shows a squad of 5. Reckon its a typo or accurate? Either way thats almost £200 of stuff for about £80 from a discount shop.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think it's a typo. All those boxes are giving you a big thing (dread, wraithknight, etc.) almost free for the cost.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

MasterSlowPoke posted:

It's literally referenced in an FAQ and is explicitly allowed. Definitely intended and not an oversight.

I've also not heard of anyone having sour grapes over usage of two relic strats. Hell, that's the only way Ynnari get relics.

AFAIK the only ruling is this one:

quote:

Q: For the purposes of the Strategic Discipline matched play
rule, are Stratagems with identical names that appear in
different codexes (e.g. ‘Veterans of the Long War’, which is a
Stratagem in Codex: Chaos Space Marines, Codex: Death
Guard and Codex: Thousand Sons) considered to be the
same Stratagem?
A: Yes. This means that, in matched play games, such
Stratagems can only be used once per phase regardless
of their source. For example, if you use the Veterans
of the Long War Stratagem from Codex: Chaos Space
Marines, you cannot in the same phase also use the
Veterans of the Long War Stratagem from either Codex:
Death Guard or Codex: Thousand Sons.

Corrode posted:

It's a completely normal thing to do so pretending it's a weird exploit is very on brand for Maneck.

The extra wargear stratagems all charge 1CP for the first extra wargear choice and 3 CP for the second. Codex hopping gives a player an effective CP discount on additional wargear. Since wargear from multiple books is usually already an advantage unto itself, that's an odd balance choice. GW has left it in place.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Maneck posted:

AFAIK the only ruling is this one:

None of the relic stratagems have the same names across affiliated armies. The Death Guard extra relics stratagem is called "Relics of Decay" and the 1k Sons one is called "Relics of the Thousand Sons." The CSM one is called "Gifts of Chaos."

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

TheChirurgeon posted:

None of the relic stratagems have the same names across affiliated armies. The Death Guard extra relics stratagem is called "Relics of Decay" and the 1k Sons one is called "Relics of the Thousand Sons." The CSM one is called "Gifts of Chaos."

Which I suspect was intentional for just that reason.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Which I suspect was intentional for just that reason.

oh, absolutely.

Where they messed up isn't their intent, it's not making super-keyword strategems. Veterans of the Long War and Tide of Traitors and the like should have been HERETIC ASTARTES stratagems or CHAOS stratagems and it should have been made clear they're usable by any of the factions adhering to those. It's kind of silly we haven't seen broader stratagems yet given how many have had to be duplicated. That said, the upside is not having to buy multiple books to run death guard/1k sons/space wolves/bangles/dangles so I see the value in how they chose to do it.

Gonna be interesting to see the new superfaction stratagems in the cities of death campaign supplement

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Is there an official archive of all White Dwarf Paint Splatter articles, or is that a :filez: kind of thing?

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
Aw. GW online store says the Imperial Fist Supremacy Force come with a ten Hellblastere, but the photos and the big “20 Citadel Miniatures” on the front of the box makes it clear that’s a typo and it only has five.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Stephenls posted:

Aw. GW online store says the Imperial Fist Supremacy Force come with a ten Hellblastere, but the photos and the big “20 Citadel Miniatures” on the front of the box makes it clear that’s a typo and it only has five.

GW retail store wouldn't let me pre-order today because "pre-orders start at 1:30pm"

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Just got my copy of Spears of The Emperor in the post today. It's a rad book, and it's definitely given me an idea for my army.

The Celestial Lions cannot catch a loving break.

I think my Primaris Lions will either be the initial reinforcements that were believed lost in the warp, showing up delayed (but not destroyed, as planned). That, or Cawl deciding that hey, while the initial shipment got misplaced, maybe he can send out some of his new, experimental, Primaris initiates for combat testing to a chapter that's in such dire straits that it might actually be willing to accept these unconventional new recruits. Of course, it might take a while for them to be accepted by the wider Adeptus Astartes, but who knows, maybe the Imperium as whole will be ready to accept female Space Marines in another 10,000 years...

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Parsing sage, rotating time

I got sucked into the Kill Team vortex a couple of months ago, and decided to build myself a team worthy of the Omnissiah. Didn't want to go with standard Mars colours; and I kinda like the creepy lol-we're-messing-with-poo poo-we-don't-understand vibe they're going with, so I based my colour-scheme on the Witcher 2's Dethmold.

Behold, Magos Biologis Dethmal and his Rho-0/1-4ce Specimen Acquisition Team:

(Rangers and Vanguard not included, since... I started a regular 40K army as well, and went with Mars colours)

The Infiltrator Princeps looks a little rough because I ran out of time painting him yesterday.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
What are these: Helverns on Dunecrawler crab legs?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Schadenboner posted:

What are these: Helverns on Dunecrawler crab legs?

Yes.

Now I want to put a Dunecrawler on Helvarin legs.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yes.

I want to see a Dunecrawler carried by ogryns à la the AoS Chaos Warshrine.

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yes.

It's amazing what you can accomplish with a little white tack.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

inscrutable horse posted:

The Warglaive on the crawler legs looks appropriately Mechanicusy. The Crawler on Armiger legs just looks like a Sentinel with a hormonal imbalance. :shrug:

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Unfortunately, the picture didn't really capture the Crawlmiger's lopsided "what the hell did I do to deserve this" look. It's on my desk, and it looks so disappointed :)

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Nice atst.

And prequel droid, if you care to acknowledge those movies exist.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

I kind of dig the onager on Helverin legs - looks a bit like the AT-STs from Star Wars.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

"MASTER WHY?!?!"
"Exisitance is pain."

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So that genestealer cult model with the Hololith display is extremely my poo poo, but there's something about it that bothers me... isn't there big thing that they communicate telepathically? Why does he have a ham radio?

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

I love killa kans and if there was an all mech 500 point list I would be very happy. But for now they will just lovingly sit on my desk.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Eifert Posting posted:

So that genestealer cult model with the Hololith display is extremely my poo poo, but there's something about it that bothers me... isn't there big thing that they communicate telepathically? Why does he have a ham radio?

Maybe some hybrids have better telepathic reception than others

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
X-posting from the mini painting thread

The Jumpoff posted:

Today I took on a restoration project. This is my 11 year old AoBR warboss, after sitting on a shelf accumulating dust, getting soaked in isopropyl alcohol for 3 weeks, and then getting a vigorous scrub-down with a toothbrush. The decade old craft paint is now thin enough to paint over, and the primer has held up surprisingly well.

This is him now.

Obviously he needs to be based but i'll take care of that when I finish 7 more Ork Boyz and just do a mass-basing. For now I'm just happy to have something decent to put on a table.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Improbable Lobster posted:

Maybe some hybrids have better telepathic reception than others

I've decided he's listening to enemy frequencies. I really like the idea that the tell for GSC incursions is that they are eerily silent. I want to imagine somewhere in the uplifting primer there's a section like

quote:

So you've made initial contact with an insurgency? Your vigilance is commendible! Were the enemy insurgents shouty [see 1] or silent [see 2]

[1] Did the shouting make you uncomfortable or repulsed? Yes [1a] or no [1b]

[2] Were any of your colleagues wounded (disregard small arms fire)? Yes [2a] or no [2b]

[1a] Report to your CO, include details like uniform color, weaponry, and depravity and then man the baracades, soldier.

[1b] Report to your commisar and ask him to "Tell you about the rabbits" AFTER a full sitrep.

[2a] Report to your CO after telling the wounded soldiery to report to their commisar and request he "Tell them about the rabbits."

[2b] Report to your CO, include details like uniform color, weaponry, and depravity and then man the baracades, soldier. Please monitor all of your peers for increased mention of exclusively reproductive motivated relations and report them appropriately.

Thought for the day: Knowing too little or too much about the enemy is dereliction.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Eifert Posting posted:

IIRC the broodmind telepathy thing is only in the vicinity of the Patriarch, Magus and maybe purestrain genestealers. The rest of the cult has to do things the old fashioned way when they're not around.

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

jng2058 posted:

The Warglaive on the crawler legs looks appropriately Mechanicusy. The Crawler on Armiger legs just looks like a Sentinel with a hormonal imbalance. :shrug:

Having slept on it, I'm really bummed out that the Warglaive's been set aside for my Knights project, because now I really want to turn it into a Khorne/Dark Mechanicum demonic machine :( Also, only have one chainsaw, and that's not very Khorne at all.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

I finally listened to the Thanksgiving Badcast, I wanted to toss out a couple suggestions for “tools” or whatever:

For airbrush masking, use silly putty and not blue tack. It’s cheaper and more pliable. Be sure still to varnish before masking.

For terrain/basing consider using Vallejo texture paints, much cheaper than GW texture.

https://acrylicosvallejo.com/en/categoria/hobby/diorama-effects-en/

For xacto blades, I highly recommend using #16 blades. Since most of us are stupid and cut towards our thumb, this has a non-edge area that is suited just right to where when it slips/cuts through won’t cut you.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
So what's on people's "wish list" for Chapter Approved this year (points changes, changes to mechanics, etc.)?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Schadenboner posted:

So what's on people's "wish list" for Chapter Approved this year (points changes, changes to mechanics, etc.)?

Aside from the sisters betadex to finally use all the metal models I have sitting around, I recently got into deathwatch and I'm really hoping the rumors of the drop in points for space marines is true.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

RagnarokAngel posted:

Aside from the sisters betadex to finally use all the metal models I have sitting around, I recently got into deathwatch and I'm really hoping the rumors of the drop in points for space marines is true.

Im pretty HYPE FOR BETADEX as well. I'm wondering if there will be any new units previewed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013
I kinda want a reason to go back to painting more salamanders, not sure what that would be but its possible. Other then that, there are a bunch of tyranid units which are pretty cool but just too expensive right now (toxicrenes, trygon, malecepter, etc), and it would nice to see some changes to tau to make some of the funner options more viable. I think most of those are possible with just points changes, not necessarily drops on those specific thing but their counters being nerfed to some degree.