Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Are you shooting it with your laser gun rather than your repair laser?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Okay so... I'm confused. If my storage has "0 wares" and shows as 0/1750m3 why does it say "filled capacity" and I can't put anything into my ship?

Naturally Selected posted:

So what the hell is with the leak repair missions?

Hitting the blinking signal part does nothing, while hitting the source of it (the busted circuit models that the signal seems to actually come from) just results in a mission fail instantly. What am I doing wrong here :downsgun:
Did you try using your spacesuit to spacewalk over and hit it with your repair beam?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

DaveKap posted:

Okay so... I'm confused. If my storage has "0 wares" and shows as 0/1750m3 why does it say "filled capacity" and I can't put anything into my ship?

Did you try using your spacesuit to spacewalk over and hit it with your repair beam?

Are you trying to load something that doesn't use the same type of storage as your ship? You need special freighters to haul liquids and bulk ore.

dedian
Sep 2, 2011

DaveKap posted:

What ship? Some have different storage types (liquid/solid/etc) and won't let you load other types into them.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
So apparently if you wander onto an NPC captain's ship and they don't realize you're on board they'll accidentally kidnap you.

This loving game sounds amazing. I need to get it ASAP. Shame I don't have much money to spare at the moment. :allears:

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Wait a minute - there are space bars?

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

OwlFancier posted:

Are you trying to load something that doesn't use the same type of storage as your ship? You need special freighters to haul liquids and bulk ore.
Good to know, thank you!
I generally got confused because of the 3 cells you need for that ship sacrifice mission. The ship I bought for sacrifice couldn't carry them but my starter ship could. Haven't been able to offload anything else into this ship since so wasn't sure if it was the ship's fault or the things I was trying to buy.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If you bought the cheap teladi miner then yeah, it can't carry anything but ore/silicon.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Communist Bear posted:

Wait a minute - there are space bars?

They're pretty much a straight lift from Rebirth, but there's a lot more individuals in them this time round (like 8-12) and there's some swank space jazz playing.

The devs should make pool playable.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

OwlFancier posted:

If you bought the cheap teladi miner then yeah, it can't carry anything but ore/silicon.
Ding ding ding! That's exactly what I did.
Where in the info panel does it say what these restrictions are? I can't seem to find them.

Ben Nerevarine posted:

swank space jazz
.... Jizz?
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jizz

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I think this is a new thing to the series, since I really don't remember X3 cargo compartments differentiate like that, so I can understand the confusion and I probably would've run into that myself eventually.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

DaveKap posted:

Ding ding ding! That's exactly what I did.
Where in the info panel does it say what these restrictions are? I can't seem to find them.

There's three cargo types: One for standard container goods, one for solid, and one for liquid. It's probably got solids capacity but nothing else.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
So here's a question I didn't see ever get answered by the devs. Is the faction war mechanics of Albion Prelude in? I want some massive space battles between AI factions to control the galaxy.

Edit: Apparently there are boardable space wrecks that you can explore. Some guy on Steam posted a screenshot of this fairly large looking capital ship that he was able to access a hallway on using a repair EVA suit that had like 1.3 mil worth of cash in it.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Dec 1, 2018

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Anticheese posted:

There's three cargo types: One for standard container goods, one for solid, and one for liquid. It's probably got solids capacity but nothing else.
I'm more asking so that when I buy ships in the future, I can see exactly what they can and can't pick up. This thing can pick up ore and ice but I see some dropped equipment in this sector that it can't pick up. I think ore and microchips are both "solid" so there's something else going on here.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I haven't seen it personally yet, but the description says that factions will expand their bases and conquer sectors based on what resources they need the most, which the player can actively influence. How true that is, I can't tell you.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

DaveKap posted:

I'm more asking so that when I buy ships in the future, I can see exactly what they can and can't pick up.

It's one of the bars at the bottom when you buy it.

Archonex posted:

So here's a question I didn't see ever get answered by the devs. Is the faction war mechanics of Albion Prelude in? I want some massive space battles between AI factions to control the galaxy.

Edit: Apparently there are boardable space wrecks that you can explore. Some guy on Steam posted a screenshot of this fairly large looking capital ship that he was able to access a hallway on using a repair EVA suit that had like 1.3 mil worth of cash in it.

It gives me the odd "war update" about the xenon building stations but I don't know how complete it is. You can I think take missions to go shoot up different sides of a warring faction but I dunno if it leads to anything.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

OwlFancier posted:

It's one of the bars at the bottom when you buy it.
Ding ding ding again! Thank you so much!
Solid storage, liquid storage, and "container" storage. Since container is 0, that's why I can't pick up all this yummy loot in this sector. Welp, time to sell this ship because it only fits 218 ice and that poo poo sells for way too little for mining to be worthwhile.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

DaveKap posted:

Ding ding ding again! Thank you so much!
Solid storage, liquid storage, and "container" storage. Since container is 0, that's why I can't pick up all this yummy loot in this sector. Welp, time to sell this ship because it only fits 218 ice and that poo poo sells for way too little for mining to be worthwhile.

Silicon is worth more, and I think Nividium is work even more than that, but I haven't found anywhere that buys nividium, alas.

But yeah unless you want a tiny supply ship for a station the miniminers aren't worth getting.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

DaveKap posted:

Yup, using repair laser that's on the spacesuit. Seems once every 5-7 reloads it actually repairs the relays, while the other times it just insta-pops them.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

Nvidium parts have been crazy expensive ever since the big fauxdosh boom a few years back.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

You just have to buy them locally instead of on Argonzom.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
If I have some illegal goods that I don't know where to sell, and I dump them in space, will the containers stay there until I come back for them? It will suck if they despawned after a time limit.

q_k
Dec 31, 2007

Inverness posted:

If I have some illegal goods that I don't know where to sell, and I dump them in space, will the containers stay there until I come back for them? It will suck if they despawned after a time limit.

I had an npc ship yoink the antimatter cells out from me (or they just rammed into them, hard to tell) while I was trying to do a transfer so even if they don't despawn, someone might come by and pick them up.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Does exploration and refresh trade deals not work for the AI? They never move from their spot, if they are moving then its on the Z axis.

Inverness posted:

I've seen dropped goods vanish, I don't know if its off a spawn timer or if maybe the AI was swooping up silicon from destroyed miners.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
Well let me elaborate on my situation: I have some hallucinogenics and a Security Description System, inventory items, that are illegal in several places that I want to sell.

I'd prefer to store them someplace safe that wont get me in trouble so I can explore and then figure out where to sell them later in the game. If I can't do that then I want to know if there is a simple way to sell inventory items or if I have to actually find a trader that will buy them. They're not wares so they don't appear on the map.

Actually that is a good question: do police scans check only your cargo or your inventory too?

In any case I'm considering just dumping them because I could make the same amount of money from a mission or two.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

"Module information required" Scan: Specified module.
I can't say I've figured out how to do this one yet. It has no real indicators for what to scan, I found what the briefing was looking for, an Argon Disc Defense Platform, but scanning it didn't seem to do anything. What am I missing here?

Nick Esasky
Nov 10, 2009
sooo, i was doing jobs for the Boron to get me a station, and one of the waypoints dumped me near a derelict Cerebus. Where exactly am i supposed to hack into it in order to claim it?

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan
Ok, I just spent the last two hours trying to find my way into the system where the antimatter factory is. I cannot find a jump gate or highway into the god damned system. I’ve approached it from 3 sides. Wtf... this is frustrating as hell. Do I just need to explore harder or am I missing something?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Are the bars accessible from the transport lift thing or is it something you walk around to find? I haven't seen one at all yet.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Lordshmee posted:

Ok, I just spent the last two hours trying to find my way into the system where the antimatter factory is. I cannot find a jump gate or highway into the god damned system. I’ve approached it from 3 sides. Wtf... this is frustrating as hell. Do I just need to explore harder or am I missing something?
The game isn't randomly generated so... maybe this map will help you?
https://imgur.com/a/fdX1wo6
Linked because I don't wanna spoil anyone.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Whoah how far in do you get the free Cerberus?

Themage
Jul 21, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
the locations of stations in sector are randomly genned

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan

DaveKap posted:

Sadly this doesn’t help because on my map the factory is between sectors in void space. I tired just burning directly there but I just kind of bounce off the sector boarders. Dumb :(

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

big nipples big life posted:

Are the bars accessible from the transport lift thing or is it something you walk around to find? I haven't seen one at all yet.

From the transporter, it’s generally where you go for black market traders.

Normal argon trader bought my spacefly eggs.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Lordshmee posted:

Which system is it in?

Or, where on the map is it abouts? If you can show a picture? I might have the route mapped.

DaveKap posted:

Also the stations are randomly generated as far as I'm aware even if the sectors and connections are not.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Dec 2, 2018

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

Also the stations are randomly generated as far as I'm aware even if the sectors and connections are not.
This is correct.

quote:

Q: Will the universe be a set universe like other X games or is it procedural / randomized?
A: The map itself is not random or procedural but some of the content within it may be.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
I got a Mercury Vanguard to bail and cannot for the life of me find the thing to scan to claim the fucker.

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Lordshmee posted:

Sadly this doesn’t help because on my map the factory is between sectors in void space. I tired just burning directly there but I just kind of bounce off the sector boarders. Dumb :(

Dude im in the exact same situation as you and posted about it earlier. Still havent figured it out as ive gone off to do other things, but im still not sure if its a glitch or not (hard to tell with so many glitches). The quest says "Grand Exchange I" which the factory definitely shows OUTSIDE of that, so im really not sure. Let me know if you figure it out

Also, i cant find this drat cargo container within this area. Ive done 100 long range scans of various degrees in power, and flew all over the bubble in scan mode, theres nothing out here, what am i missing
edit: mission was bugged. reloaded the game due to an unrelated glitch, did mission again and scans worked fine.

Jesustheastronaut! fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Dec 2, 2018

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If you hover over the station on your map and hit T you should be able to target it if you're in the same sector.

Though antimatter cells are produced in multiple places so you could try finding somewhere else that sells them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I just had a station stalled in building because the trade ship hired to bring the last parts it needed was locked in endless struggle with a fighter ship that was too fast for it to hit.