Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013

FistEnergy posted:

Reddit is pissed because the Shiny rate sucks but I couldn't care less. I'm drowning in Larvitars/Beldum/Dratini and I'm loving it!

The 3rd Larvitar I caught was shiny with 78% IV so I'm pretty satisfied.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Will evolving the dudes I catch this weekend give the special Community Day moves?

Will evolving a Mon that I had caught previously during this weekend give it the special move?

I have a Beldum that I caught a few months back who could do well with Meteor Mash, if it's possible to get.

e: vvv Sweet, thanks

The Zombie Guy fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Dec 1, 2018

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

The Zombie Guy posted:

Will evolving the dudes I catch this weekend give the special Community Day moves?

Will evolving a Mon that I had caught previously during this weekend give it the special move?

I have a Beldum that I caught a few months back who could do well with Meteor Mash, if it's possible to get.

Yes and Yes

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Follow up question, do you have the evolve it during the normal community day window to get the special moves or can you evolve anytime between now and Sunday evening?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Louisgod posted:

Follow up question, do you have the evolve it during the normal community day window to get the special moves or can you evolve anytime between now and Sunday evening?

I evolved my Lucky Dratini just now and it got Draco Meteor as a Dragonite so I presume you can do it at any time until 11 PM PT.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I have lost all powers of reading comprehension and counting ability hours ago
Evolve anytime before event end Sunday 11pm PST. May as well wait unless it's a really good one though unless you're drowning in candy.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Yeah the shiny rate still sucks rear end. Been having my gotcha vacuum up poo poo for the past 5 hours and not a single shiny. I guess it kinda makes sense since there's a whole weekend of these spawns. I'm sure Dr Tran would make a "I got 750 shinies" post on Sunday night.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Got a shiny Beldum and a shiny Dratini just on my way home from work. I will try a little harder this weekend but I have plenty.

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004
No shinies in an hour and a half of constant spawns, so the shiny rate must be pretty garbage indeed.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
One shiny Eevee out of about 50-70 catches of community day Pokémon. More would be nice, but honestly, I’ll take just having the Pokémon available.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Shiny Mareep and Shiny Squirtle so far is pretty sweet! Mareep even had decent stats.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I really want more shiny Eevees but I've seen three total so far today, zero shiny :effort:

I'm drowning in useless Cyndaquil.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
Shiny rate seems prolific for me, given how little I played today. Got a shiny Dratini, Larvitar, and Eevee from the few short walks I did.

quote:

In other words, are we going to get the ultimate, trainer CP. The definitive stat as to who actually is the best. And will it be publicly broadcast on our trainer page for friends to see, as well as to other people in raid lobbies? Will raid discords start channels with a trainer ELO leaderboard.

This is IMHO the ultimate goal, my dream for this game. Real competition. Endgame content.

Nintendo hates hurting children's feelings, so maybe they'll opt to do the Smash Bros ranking thing instead where they tell you how many garbage players you're better than and that's all you know about your number. That way kids can be like "Wow, I'm better than 1,388,452 other players!" but they'll never know that's out of like 2 billion players worldwide and most of their number is made of people who opened the game once and stopped playing.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Zero shinies today in about 125 catches. Oh well.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Not including the mons Imran from, I'm 0/180 on shiny so far.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
Traded catches of the day with the wife tonight and got a lucky Dratini and a lucky Charmander. Hoping to get a lucky Mareep by end of week to evolve as well.

A good event.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Traded with my wife and she got a perfect lucky Beldum. Going to have to get her candy to evolve it by the end of the event...

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
Love turning on PoGo in the morning and seeing that all my mons were knocked out from gyms between 11pm and midnight

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Wheany posted:

Love turning on PoGo in the morning and seeing that all my mons were knocked out from gyms between 11pm and midnight

There's a special level of hell for people that do this :argh:

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Willsun posted:

Shiny rate seems prolific for me, given how little I played today. Got a shiny Dratini, Larvitar, and Eevee from the few short walks I did.

Same, I basically have just left the game running while sat on my sofa with a couple of incenses and have caught two shinies in probably 40-50 catches. Wonder if the shiny rate does actually suck or is it confirmation bias where the people with bad luck on the RNG are just posting about it more?

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

That is an appropriate amount of fluff for a photorealistic pikachu

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

What’s up with the field research again? Is there supposed to be something new soon, or do I just collect the day 7 award and hope for a Sinnoh stone whenever?

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Is it safe to claim the research breakthrough or are they still awarding November Shedinjas?

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Prop Wash posted:

Is it safe to claim the research breakthrough or are they still awarding November Shedinjas?

Shedninja until 1pm PST, they always change at 1pm on the first of the month.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

HookShot posted:

Shedninja until 1pm PST, they always change at 1pm on the first of the month.

It's changed. Just got Moltres!

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Waited three days to cash it in and got... another Entei. :negative:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
14 shinies on my account (including 1 shiny caterpie, gently caress yeah) and 15 on my girlfriends during this event. Owns.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
4 shinies, 3 from my plus. Shiny Larvitar ran but the shiny Dratini made up for it.

I cashed in my research early because damnit even a 10cp bug might have value for the new PvP.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!
Slept through the 3 hour window because I didn't care about the bonuses and no-one said the shiny rates would only be boosted for the 3 hours, spent 9 hours out and was the only person in the group who got no shinies while everyone else got 3+, overall this event can go gently caress itself. Literally the only good thing about this event is the larvitar candy. :smith:

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Excuse me but my Dratini candy would like to have a word with you.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!
My dratinis exist solely to be traded away for lucky larvitars :colbert:

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

BGrifter posted:

Waited three days to cash it in and got... another Entei. :negative:

I got a 77% suicune. Nothing I would have wanted less from it (other than a 10-10-10 suicune)

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Noxville posted:

I got a 77% suicune. Nothing I would have wanted less from it (other than a 10-10-10 suicune)

I’m hoping to thread the needle and get a Zapdos or Articuno since those are the two I don’t have.

It’s... extremely unlikely.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
The two I want here are Raikou and Articuno, since those are the only ones I'm missing. I get to about an hour and a half before the rollover and I accidentally get my 7th stamp. I was pretty frustrated with myself at ensuring I had yet another Shedinja, but just in case I pretended not to see the box.

Hit it 5 minutes after the switch and to my surprise there's a loving Articuno. And then I got a call with a job offer like 2 minutes later!

This was a great day.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Anyone know what the yellow box is about? It's when I caught it, but not every Pokemon has one.

Finally got a single shiny Charmander so I can live with the rest. Apparently I hadn't had a shiny bulb before either.

systemchronos
Apr 11, 2015

Beachcomber posted:

Anyone know what the yellow box is about? It's when I caught it, but not every Pokemon has one.

Every pokemon that was caught on previous years now show that date tag

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Managed to catch six shinies; three dratini, beldum, bulbasaur and a cyndaquil. Good poo poo.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Shinies:

3 Beldum
2 Dratini
2 Larvitar
1 Charmander

Event Owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Between a 4 hour walk yesterday and today, I've got the following shinies:
2 dratini
1 bulbasaur
5 mareep
2 charmander
1 eevee
5 cyndaquil
2 larvitar
1 beldum
3 chikorita
1 squirtle

and still no loving pikachu, which is the only shiny of them I don't have somehow.