Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
nidoking is a rare spawn on victory road if you can't find a moon stone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

Yeah thats what I'm doing now, I got my Nidoqueen from there as well

It really goes to show how different this game is where my biggest obstacle to getting a full dex is the number of Moon Stones, though. I was in the car thinking about how I'd definitely get Lets Go Gold Silver, but going back to the level grinding methods of the mainline games is gonna be a real bummer

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Yeah thats what I'm doing now, I got my Nidoqueen from there as well

It really goes to show how different this game is where my biggest obstacle to getting a full dex is the number of Moon Stones, though. I was in the car thinking about how I'd definitely get Lets Go Gold Silver, but going back to the level grinding methods of the mainline games is gonna be a real bummer

Eh, that was a stopping point in Gen 1 for me as well. The games only had 4 moon stones in them and for over a decade I thought they only had 3 (I was missing the hidden one in the entrance of Pokemon Mansion), but Wigglytuff was available in the Unknown Dungeon (now Cerulean Cave) so I thought you had to know not to use a moon stone on Jigglypuff if you weren't item duping the poo poo out of everything with missingno.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

Oh that's good to know. Nidoqueen is the last Pokémon I need

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Macaluso posted:

Oh that's good to know. Nidoqueen is the last Pokémon I need

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

This is very concerning because I didn't manage to find one today either, and Nidoking is the last mon I need for my full dex

Brother

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1069045772992299010

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

In theory this is cool, but it probably will only be tied to Let's Go. No idea if other kinds of Switch games might trigger a similar reaction, which I would be kind of down for.

I also wonder if these spirits are unable to be acquired in any other way. (Don't spoil it if there is a known method.)

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
PS I know a lot of supposed Pokémon nerds and weebs don't pick up on these things but the reason Nids evolve with a Moon Stone is because they're rabbits.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

PS I know a lot of supposed Pokémon nerds and weebs don't pick up on these things but the reason Nids evolve with a Moon Stone is because they're rabbits.

They're rabbits? I thought they were some kind of lizard.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

ImpAtom posted:

Gen 1, more than any other generation, was really fond of mixing and matching animals. The Nidos look like some kind of cross between a rabbit, rhino, and dinosaur.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Alxprit posted:

In theory this is cool, but it probably will only be tied to Let's Go. No idea if other kinds of Switch games might trigger a similar reaction, which I would be kind of down for.

I also wonder if these spirits are unable to be acquired in any other way. (Don't spoil it if there is a known method.)

No spoilers on how to obtain Spirits, all of this was shown already. From what I can understand of both the original tweet and Source Gaming's extremely vague semi-translation of it, having LGPE data will give you a free Pikachu (Partner) and Eevee (Partner). Even if you don't, both will be added to the Spirits Board so you can fight and obtain them like any other Spirit.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

when can i get a horsea i want to use horsea

is that a trade evolution

i've literally only used mew and eevee to this point

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

man I'm eight Nidokings deep and haven't even seen a queen yet, what the gently caress nintendo

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Somewhere, a Nidoqueen is weeping
Somewhere, a Nidoking has no wife

and the wind whispers moon stones

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Do the Nidomonarchy spawn inside the cave as well or are there grass spots in victory road I forgot about

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Macaluso posted:

Do the Nidomonarchy spawn inside the cave as well or are there grass spots in victory road I forgot about

Just out in the cave I think. I caught a Nidoqueen there last night

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Macaluso posted:

Theres grass in Victory Road, yeah, right after the water parts

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I’m surprised there’s no nod to Missingno in this. Lame.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Empress Brosephine posted:

I’m surprised there’s no nod to Missingno in this. Lame.

I was hoping the old man in Viridian City would at least have a crack about how he 'feels a chill' or something, but no :(

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

THE loving MOON posted:

I was hoping the old man in Viridian City would at least have a crack about how he 'feels a chill' or something, but no :(

They've literally never referenced Missingno in any Pokemon game, which I honestly always thought was kind of weird.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

they probably don't want to directly reference how loving broken the first games were

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Is Agatha... Professor Oaks ex wife?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
there was never a missingno, you're just party to imagining a mass hysteria

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It makes me think how I learned about it as a 8 year old without internet

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also what’s the idea nature for the Pokémon’s ? Timid?

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

ImpAtom posted:

They evolve into big lizardy kaiju but regular Nids and Nidorin@ are definitely buns. Big ears, nibbly buck teeth, and they burrow into the ground to make dirt holes then they live in the dirt holes. Also they kick everything with their big bunny feet and are a favourite pet for children. They even hop in some of their walking animations though by the time they evolve into Nidorin@ they just charge everywhere.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
IIRC they are specifically a very vintage "living fossil" proto-rabbit that is confined to Japan and has much shorter ears than regular buns as well as more normal non-bun-like legs. Either way rabbits live on the moon and Nids evolve with Moon Stones so QED imho.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Is Agatha... Professor Oaks ex wife?

All we know is she thought he was hot when he was younger, they were rivals and she thinks he's a weeny because he stopped trying to be a great trainer and started with that science horseshit

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Zore posted:

All we know is she thought he was hot when he was younger, they were rivals and she thinks he's a weeny because he stopped trying to be a great trainer and started with that science horseshit

In my head canon they definitely boned but they were never married because Agatha thinks that poo poo is for losers and sheeple, not Pokemon Masters.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Their relationship was deeper, more intimate, more intense, and more emotional than a couple's. Yes...they had the ultimate of bonds, stronger than blood. The kind that cannot be surpassed.

They were anime rivals.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

What the gently caress, I was grinding for experience by catching chanseys and managed to get both a shiny rhyhorn and a shiny rhydon within an hour of each other.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I beat the Pokemon League :toot: Omastar was the real standout. Shell Smash, followed by Hydro Pump swept Agatha. Lance was almost the same, only it was Shell Smash and Blizzard.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I just beat them as well.

Gyarados pretty much took care of everything, but then Lance pulled out his own Gyarados and I realized I had really nothing to dinner that. No electric moves, rock to counter flying would get its poo poo kicked in, Jynx blizzard wouldn't be super effective and this fucker probably knows crunch.

So I pulled out my "dick move" Lickitung.

Toxic, protect, substitute, facade, facade, facade, goodbye Gyarados

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I don't really have any pokemon built for stalling, but I roll toxic on both Victreebell and Arbok, it's a great move

Speaking of, my team was Eevee, Omastar, Zapdos, Victreebell, Arbok, and Rapidash

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I ended up with
Gyarados, Dragonite, Jynx, Lickitubg, Alolan Dugtrio, and Arbok

Poor Arbok. Poison is completely useless against the entire Elite 4 and champ. Furthermore your stats are really bad. I let him crunch a ghost to death out of pity.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

where to get friend horsea

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I ended up with
Gyarados, Dragonite, Jynx, Lickitubg, Alolan Dugtrio, and Arbok

Poor Arbok. Poison is completely useless against the entire Elite 4 and champ. Furthermore your stats are really bad. I let him crunch a ghost to death out of pity.

Yeah, mine didn't see any use at all. He's been great, but I might switch him out now since Victreebell does the poison stuff just as well, and I have Drill Run on Rapidash to cover ground.

I want to use Melmetal, but that's gonna be a while

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Super No Vacancy posted:

Fisherman's wharf

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

Route 12 and 13, it looks like https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-sm/116.shtml

Serebii is a great resource

edit: You know what Arbok needs? A third evolution. Seadra and Magneton got one. Make him a cobra hydra, it'd be dope

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Dec 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

THE loving MOON posted:

Yeah, mine didn't see any use at all. He's been great, but I might switch him out now since Victreebell does the poison stuff just as well, and I have Drill Run on Rapidash to cover ground.

I want to use Melmetal, but that's gonna be a while

So the other day I sent a Pokemon to Let's Go from Go and I could swear I got three candy for it. Is it always three? If so I can save a couple weeks off getting malmetal by sending them to Let's Go instead of to the professor