Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Accident Underwater posted:

MOTYC Enzo vs WWE Security

Enzo going from his realist guy in the room spiel to getting German suplexed effortlessly from a ponytailed blonde woman who looked like the manager of a bank was probably at least the best spot of the year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
While we're throwing out WMOTYC nods for matches, and I absolutely and emphatically Nth the Raw v Smackdown men's survivor series match.....

WMOTYC: Raw v Smackdown Women's Survivor Series Match

Jesus Christ, this was boring, bad, and is pushing a wrestler no one likes specifically for being an unsafe worker.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Venomous posted:

MOTYC Bryan/Lesnar

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Veryslightlymad posted:

While we're throwing out WMOTYC nods for matches, and I absolutely and emphatically Nth the Raw v Smackdown men's survivor series match.....

WMOTYC: Raw v Smackdown Women's Survivor Series Match

Jesus Christ, this was boring, bad, and is pushing a wrestler no one likes specifically for being an unsafe worker.

Wrestling is such a weird business that I almost think the only way you could make this work is to push Nia and have Becky obliterate her which will probably happen, but I’m so skeptical of WWE’s abrasively and purposefully nonsensical booking that I have huge doubts that it will

Like in the back of my mind they have Tamina do a run in and everything just becomes immediately fucky. If they did that I’d like to see Ronda make the save and for her and Becky to just stare each other down like Ronda is like “gently caress no you don’t get this excuse not to face me”

Aesop Poprock fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Nov 19, 2018

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Gonna throw in a MOTYC for Daniel Bryan vs. Brock Lesnar. That was incredible and I'd much rather watch that over and over than a hundred different Johnny Gargano/Tommasso Ciampa matches.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Gonna throw in a MOTYC for Daniel Bryan vs. Brock Lesnar. That was incredible and I'd much rather watch that over and over than a hundred different Johnny Gargano/Tommasso Ciampa matches.

I just got done watching it and holy poo poo I’m in. That might have been the best paced and acted match of the year imo. Might have single handedly redeemed the way they’ve been booking Bryan since his return for the time being

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I wonder if Bryan was a face if they would have let him kick out of an F5

Another 5 minutes would have taken it to another level

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

EugeneJ posted:

I wonder if Bryan was a face if they would have let him kick out of an F5

Another 5 minutes would have taken it to another level

Styles did it last year, I believe?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MOTYC: Fenix vs Kenny Omega

Yeah as great as you'd expect between these 2

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
MOTYC: King Phoenix vs Barbaro Cavernario 11/23/18 CMLL

These two guys are completely nuts. This match features two of the craziest spots of the year, plus one spot that would be one of the craziest if The Caveman didn't do it all the time.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

These two guys are completely nuts. This match features two of the craziest spots of the year, plus one spot that would be one of the craziest if The Caveman didn't do it all the time.

Agreed

Not sure what was a crazier spot, Fenix missing that dive to the outside or Cavernario deciding to take his usual crazy splash to the next level

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Better than their match earlier this year?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Better than their match earlier this year?

Same level so *****.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

SatoshiMiwa posted:

MOTYC: Fenix vs Kenny Omega

Yeah as great as you'd expect between these 2

Is that the one from NEW?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

Nth. Absolutely insane

Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8avjr-qwCT0&t=5170s

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Nov 24, 2018

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Someone book Cavaernario vs PCO please

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Someone book Cavaernario vs PCO please

Yes

But at the same time, no, because someone will die

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

Yes

But at the same time, no, because someone will die

I figure it'd be safer than Ibushi Cavernario at least

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Yeah, let's do this:

HM: ACH v Trevor Lee - AAW Unstoppable - Nov 25

Definitely check it out when it becomes streamable later on.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
GCW Tha G Code

HM: G-Raver vs Jeff Cannonball

One of the most psychotic death matches of the year. Not as much gore as Fly Star vs Toxin, but the cinderblock spots to me were even crazier than the insanity of that match. Not as good of a match, but a complete death match spectacle.

HM: Jack Evans vs Nick Gage

The best Jack Evans singles match I've seen since Strong vs Evans in FIP. Jack is a fantastic heel and all of his stuff looked great here.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

HM: ZSJ/Taichi vs EVIL/Sanada WTL Nov 25

Haven't kept up with WTL but this match was fun and now I want that EVIL/ZSJ match Jericho robbed us of

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I've rewatched a bumch of matches in this thread and I think ZSJ vs A-Kid is probably my lock so far. It's 100% my style of match (I re-watched Bryan Danielson vs Low-Ki when they went to their hour draw probably like 20 times) and I thought it was pitch perfect. I absolutely love matches that look like almost real fights and that can pop crowds with spots that would go unremarked upon because they only have like 4-5 of them and place them so well

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Aesop Poprock posted:

I've rewatched a bumch of matches in this thread and I think ZSJ vs A-Kid is probably my lock so far. It's 100% my style of match (I re-watched Bryan Danielson vs Low-Ki when they went to their hour draw probably like 20 times) and I thought it was pitch perfect. I absolutely love matches that look like almost real fights and that can pop crowds with spots that would go unremarked upon because they only have like 4-5 of them and place them so well

I have no memory of a Danielson vs Low Ki hour draw.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

I have no memory of a Danielson vs Low Ki hour draw.

It's not this but it's still good to this day. What the hell am I thinking of? I swear to god there was an hour long Danielson Low Ki broadway that I watched a bunch from 2002 or 2003 but it's entirely possible I'm mixing this match up in my mind with something else. It's been over a decade since I watched that era of ROH

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4gfeoh

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

BOLA 2018

Night 1
HM - Bandido vs. T-Hawk
HM - Flamita vs. Puma King
HM - WALTER & Timothy Thatcher vs. Shingo Takagi & Ilja Draugnov

Night 2
HM - Shingo Takagi vs. Ilja Draugnov
MOTYC - Stronghearts vs. Rey Horus, Flamita, and Bandido

Night 3
MOTYC - Flamita vs. Bandido
MOTYC - WALTER vs. Shingo Takagi (Match of the weekend, IMO)
MOTYC - Shingo Takagi vs. Bandido vs. Jeff Cobb

nongdongfongbong
Jul 30, 2006
"Nongnongdongfongbong" is one character too long. : (
HM: Zack Sabre Jr & Taichi vs. Suzuki & Iizuka

Suzuki making ZSJ work for the submission holds was great. It was an easy story to tell and they did it well. Taichi and Iizuka's little comedy bit worked well within the context of this match too, and didn't take anything away from the intensity. Mini mark-out segment with Iizuka seemingly remembering his pre-gimmick self.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

HM: Yuu vs. Shoko Nakajima - TJPW How Do You Like Narimasu? (11/24)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVxgO3ITu6E

Very good match that happened 5 minutes away from my house. I hope any Europeans here go to see Yuu once she leaves Japan because she is v. excellent.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Aesop Poprock posted:

It's not this but it's still good to this day. What the hell am I thinking of? I swear to god there was an hour long Danielson Low Ki broadway that I watched a bunch from 2002 or 2003 but it's entirely possible I'm mixing this match up in my mind with something else. It's been over a decade since I watched that era of ROH

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4gfeoh

the main event of the first Final Battle went to a draw but it was a four-way with Dragon, Ki, Corino, and Joe

otherwise I don’t think Dragon did any big draws until 06, when he did like three of them in one month

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
WMOTYC:

MANO NEGRA, SOLAR Y EL FELINO
vs
FUERZA GUERRERA, JERRY ESTRADA Y NEGRO NAVARRO

11/30 CMLL

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

WMOTYC:

MANO NEGRA, SOLAR Y EL FELINO
vs
FUERZA GUERRERA, JERRY ESTRADA Y NEGRO NAVARRO

11/30 CMLL

I heard this was very very bad and none of those guy were in any shape to compete.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

KungFu Grip posted:

I heard this was very very bad and none of those guy were in any shape to compete.

Luckily there was someone earlier in the show in even worse shape.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

HM: Los Ingobernables (Rush, El Terrible) and Barbaro Cavernario vs. Nueva Generacion Dinamitas - CMLL Viernes 11/30/18

HM: Los Guerreros Laguneros (Ultimo Guerrero, Gran Guerrero, Euforia) vs. Caristico, Mistico, Volador Jr - CMLL Viernes 11/30/18

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jenkem Delivery posted:

HM: Los Ingobernables (Rush, El Terrible) and Barbaro Cavernario vs. Nueva Generacion Dinamitas - CMLL Viernes 11/30/18

HM: Los Guerreros Laguneros (Ultimo Guerrero, Gran Guerrero, Euforia) vs. Caristico, Mistico, Volador Jr - CMLL Viernes 11/30/18

Seconded

and WMOTYC

RAYO DE JALISCO, ATLANTIS Y BLUE PANTHER
vs
CANEK, MÁSCARA AÑO 2000 Y VILLANO IV

Canek could barely walk (I am not joking) and Rayo was only barely more mobile.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
main event was somehow still not half as bad as that other one, holy fuckin poo poo

Jenkem Delivery posted:

seconding this! the other one was good but felt like normal good cmll, whereas this felt special

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

Luckily there was someone earlier in the show in even worse shape.

we taling about raton or muneco?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Links for folks to view:

Ingobernables and Cavernario vs NGD - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3lN-y0WwIk&t=2982s

Guerreros vs. Caristico, Mistico, Volador - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3lN-y0WwIk&t=6281s

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

KungFu Grip posted:

we taling about raton or muneco?

Muceo, raton is great for his age for a few spots.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm probably the only person in this forum watching MLW every week but

WMOTYC: Tommy Dreamer vs. Brian Pillman Jr., MLW Fusion 11/30

Please stop booking Dreamer in regular singles matches

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

second

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip