Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

People having trouble with Aether Raid offense, consider the Smite Meta (also Galeforce Valter):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQyadwjUsQ4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Akariss is solid at this game, but he gets extremely hung up on details.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Not gonna lie, there are many others like him, but this one is mine. Please add him to the Hall of Fame, Cheetah:

7 of them were f2p, the rest were poor impulse control either because of boredom at family holidays or impatience after a stressful several days of work. I'm not proud but I'm not regretful, either. Oh, and he wears the golden swimming goggles.

Bonus pic, the final wheel:

Ylgr is +def -spd and Quan is +HP -def, both of which sound terrible, but both of them are 5000 more HM and thus 5000 more feathers and then they can get fed to someone cooler like Gwendolyn or something.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

[1950s eel-based dad joke]

Genovera posted:

If you have a +ATK or +SPD Raven, he's fun. He doesn't need to inherit any rare skills, which is nice.

Thanks! I think mine's +ATK; I'll probably give this guy a go.

The White Dragon posted:

bartre. all ivs good

BWAAAAAH!

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I feel like making doing something with Fir. Is +SPD better or +ATK? Keep in mind, I don't intend to multi-merge her. I'm thinking speed because her damage is going to come from special procs but, dear god, she is weak.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Roger Explosion posted:

I feel like making doing something with Fir. Is +SPD better or +ATK? Keep in mind, I don't intend to multi-merge her. I'm thinking speed because her damage is going to come from special procs but, dear god, she is weak.

Sending home is better than either

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

tithin posted:

Sending home is better than either
Bugger off, she has HM to farm!

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Roger Explosion posted:

39 speed seems way more useful than 29 base attack because it means you will double more and get to your special faster so she can throw out specials that deal actual damage

source: training Navarre way back when was a nightmare and he wishes he was fir

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Roger Explosion posted:

Bugger off, she has HM to farm!

So did Laev yesterday, now she doesn't, and she got her red dual flyer inherited :ssh:

edit; Another for the hall of fame!

tithin fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Dec 1, 2018

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Ugh, gently caress you. Worst legendary. Literally, the last one I wanted rolling red.

and he's the same IV's as my existing one. Who the gently caress wants Kestral Stance?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

LRyoma is a pretty good firesweeper

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Roger Explosion posted:

Speed is much better than atk imo. She’s a doubling machine and her res is high enough to set off some solid icebergs.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Guidance is pretty good but that's team comp specific

Kestrel Stance kinda sucks rear end anyway, wpuld be good as a seal but not as an A

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
Guidance would let you do that lunge thing from a bit back while keeping the seal slot.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Can you say Ryoma is the worst when Lyn exists

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Tired Moritz posted:

Lyn brings Speed Tactics.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Tired Moritz posted:

There’s a dozen Lyndis’s now pls be more specific

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
A'ight going with the +SPD Fir. Thanks for the advice. I've actually been wanting to build a DC sword magekiller for a while now, and it was a toss-up between her, Lloyd and Seliph.

Tired Moritz posted:

Even if he was the best, he would still be the worst because he's Ryoma.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Onmi posted:

Ugh, gently caress you. Worst legendary. Literally, the last one I wanted rolling red.

and he's the same IV's as my existing one. Who the gently caress wants Kestral Stance?

Hello fellow "got Ryoma dropped in your lap and hate his stinking guts" person! I ended up feeding his rear end to Sharena partly out of sheer spite, but I see you have a Nephenee! Nephenee would want Kestrel Stance very much!

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

The adjustments made to my AR Defense have made it pretty consistent for bloodying some noses

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Using rocks to field a fifth unit for defence gave me six wins in a row (including a guy who forgot what turn it was and timed out).

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
I put like 100 orbs into the legendary banner and didn't get a single 5*

Sigh.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Scoss posted:

I put like 100 orbs into the legendary banner and didn't get a single 5*

Sigh.

that's rough man. it happens way more than you'd think.

i've long since learned my lesson. save all your orbs for one 5* and one 5* only, and never roll on anything else except for free pulls + any color that can drop 3-4*s of a character you're working on in that free pull. trying to get even one 5* from every banner is folly

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
The nice thing about FEH is that unless you're whaling you're better off just promoting and merging 4* units anyway. Any new 5*s I get are mainly fodder unless they're super OP.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
oh right i got lancina yesterday going for another laegjarn

i don't even think she has anything particularly desirable for skill fodder now, right? sturdy blow can be found by promoting athena, and drive speed 3 can be found on a 4* tailtiu, so :shrug:

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

oh right i got lancina yesterday going for another laegjarn

i don't even think she has anything particularly desirable for skill fodder now, right? sturdy blow can be found by promoting athena, and drive speed 3 can be found on a 4* tailtiu, so :shrug:

She has Aether.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Is it just me or do most AR defense layouts seem to try to shunt you towards the left side of the map

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Is it just me or do most AR defense layouts seem to try to shunt you towards the left side of the map

I see more that try to bring me to the right side, for some reason

I have seen exactly one that forces you into the middle forward, though. That was interesting, since it limits you into a narrow area and you have to really work around the units if you want to hit either the fountain or the pot before getting the kills.
It also made me discover that my legendary eirika dies in one hit from a Tiki with dragon buffs by dealing exactly enough damage .....

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

rannum posted:

I see more that try to bring me to the right side, for some reason

I have seen exactly one that forces you into the middle forward, though. That was interesting, since it limits you into a narrow area and you have to really work around the units if you want to hit either the fountain or the pot before getting the kills.
It also made me discover that my legendary eirika dies in one hit from a Tiki with dragon buffs by dealing exactly enough damage .....

yeah I actually meant right side but I'm an idiot. do most of the tilesets just have more natural/terrain obstacles on the left side?

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I don't think I would define Smokes/Threatens as ward skills, given that there are actual skills with ward in their name, but what do I know

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
My stupid luck with freebie rolls continues! I gots me a Brave Ike!

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Elyv posted:

I don't think I would define Smokes/Threatens as ward skills, given that there are actual skills with ward in their name, but what do I know

It's just a poor translation because apparently their exclusive B skills are "X's Ward" in Japanese (Sacae's Ward and Beorc's Ward, a la Sigurd's Crusader's Ward)

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Roger Explosion posted:

My stupid luck with freebie rolls continues! I gots me a Brave Ike!

i had a single red orb i hoped would give me more close defense fodder and instead I got a 4*tharja

whcih is, admittidly, better than a 3* Beruka I got on the helbindi banner

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
3 star lucius crew represent

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

blizzardvizard posted:

It's just a poor translation because apparently their exclusive B skills are "X's Ward" in Japanese (Sacae's Ward and Beorc's Ward, a la Sigurd's Crusader's Ward)

The problem is that they originally translated it as "Blessing" (which is a fine translation of it, imo, I like it better than Ward anyway), but then I guess that name was too long for Crusader's Ward so they started being inconsistent with it.

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!
200 orbs, 1 sigurd

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Ended at 6140, so even if I eat a -80 today I'll make T16. Feels good.

Hrid + dancer + Odin buff optional has probably won at least half of my AR matches since I built him

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

God drat it, that's such a painful feeling. Literally 20 points off Tier 15

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'll how far up the tiers I can get by getting 0 kills in defense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Finally.

THE ONE IV SET I WOULDN'T WANT ON HIM VS ANYONE ELSE (+Spd -HP) IS THE ONE I GET.