Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

We are approximately 14 hours from Dub Rohan

I repeat, 14 hours to Dub Rohan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Hell yes.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Feelin' so Horny

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

trucutru posted:

I like how the first defensive action of these Passione dudes is to close some blinds or raise a car's window.

Was the latter in the manga?

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
I can't take these names like Formaggio. They're gonna take a plane to America and battle some dude named Philadelphia Cheesesteak and I'm gonna die

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Marx Headroom posted:

They're gonna take a plane to America and battle some dude named Philadelphia Cheesesteak and I'm gonna die

[Insert joking remark to take this to the manga thread]

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

I'm probably gonna start the manga soon since I've been enjoying the anime a ton. Is it worth it to just read through part 5 now or should I finish this season and start reading with part 6?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

JahRoo posted:

I'm probably gonna start the manga soon since I've been enjoying the anime a ton. Is it worth it to just read through part 5 now or should I finish this season and start reading with part 6?

since realistically it'd be over a year before we'd possibly get a part 6 anime, if at all, i'd say to just skip to part 6 and just watch the part 5 anime in the meanwhile

the reason for this is that part 5 is straight up one of the most disconnected parts in the series and has basically nothing to do with the surrounding parts barring the brief inclusion of koichi at the beginning. it's a good part to move past and continue on from because of that.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Some say Koichi is still sightseeing to this day.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

We are approximately 14 hours from Dub Rohan

I repeat, 14 hours to Dub Rohan

IT'S loving VIC MIGNONA

He sounds nothing like Sakurai but it RULES

Also Heaven's Door somehow made it through

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Dec 2, 2018

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
honestly dying to see how they cast kira. i cant imagine that's an easy role

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Expect My Mom posted:

Vic as Rohan means my dream of Crispin Freeman is feasible

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

David Bowie isn't dead, he's just been doing some serious method acting poo poo where he's been a serial killer in preparation for his role as Kira.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Vic Mignogna sounds absolutely nothing like the original VA and I love it.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
my brain read that as Crispin Glover and jesus christ i want that so bad

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

My Derek Stephen Prince dreams, RUINED

Kinky Cookie Bunny
Apr 1, 2011

no

No

NO

NO!

NO!!

ROHAN DOESN'T SOUND RIGHT!!!

VIC MIGNOGNAGNAGNA WHY

I was fine with Vishnal and Tamaki-senpai and I was fine with the voice over for the sakura con thing but c'mon man why you do this

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's a good voice

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
I can't believe Rohan sounds like a smarmy rear end in a top hat instead of a completely normal person now

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
If you didn't notice, Aerosmith has a tiny pilot. :allears:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

RatHat posted:

If you didn't notice, Aerosmith has a tiny pilot. :allears:

Of course it does. How would it fly without a pilot!?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If Kira isn't like Liam O'Brien style softly spoken but can pull off intensity, they might as well just cancel the dub.

I mean, they never should have done it to begin with but that's beside the point.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Where does one even go to watch the dub?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Where does one even go to watch the dub?

Adult swim

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Oh goddammit. I have a cable account to connect with, but they're only showing every other episode? I'll happily sit through ads, just let me watch your content, Adult Swim!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

All those shots of La Squadra. :allears:
And I forgot about Formaggio putting the cat in a bottle. What an rear end in a top hat.

And apparently Aerosmith also has nukes. :stare:
"And a bomb inside a car! Spectacular! Spectacular!"

Waffleman_ posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdAnKt2jTTY
There needs to be a French, Chinese, Hindi, and Arabic dub of Stardust Crusaders

I always assumed they were actually just speaking English, as a lingua franca.

Edit: And the discussion is a few days old, but I always describe the beginning of Phantom Blood as "Wuthering Heights, but Heathcliff becomes a vampire."

Because Heathcliff is Dio. I read Wuthering Heights in High School and Heathcliff is one of the most loving horrible, petty shitbag villains I've ever seen in fiction. But then I hear people talk about him like a noble romantic antihero? ....Is the Wuthering Heights movie extremely different from the book? Because Heathcliff is like if Dio didn't even want to take over the world with a vampire army, and had zero ambition and just used his powers to ruin the Joestars' lives, and in the process his own.

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Dec 2, 2018

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Expect My Mom posted:

my brain read that as Crispin Glover and jesus christ i want that so bad
still thinking about crispin glover playing Kira in a live action movie and I love it. He already has the cheek bones and

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

I always assumed they were actually just speaking English, as a lingua franca.

Given Joseph has Japanese family and his daughter lives in Japan, it's entirely plausible that he knows how to speak Japanese fairly well.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I still can't believe Vic

Cade upload the clips

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Given Joseph has Japanese family and his daughter lives in Japan, it's entirely plausible that he knows how to speak Japanese fairly well.

The treatment of language barriers in Jojo is a bit odd. I assume everyone is speaking English in Part 3 and Japanese in Part 4, and there's a good explanation for Koichi knowing Italian in Part 5, but the way everyone understands each other in Part 2 makes no sense.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Knowing Joseph, he learned Japanese specifically so he could insult Japanese people and they'd understand his insults.

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010
If you had to explain all the language barrier poo poo in part 2, this is my best guess on breaking it all down:

Joseph: English, then Spanish being a common language in the states.

Straitzo: Tibetan and/or Mandarin, then English and maybe Italian cause he trained with Zeppili?

Speedwagon: English, and maybe other ancient languages as part of the stone mask research. I can see him also learning other languages as part of his street crime days, then eventually globe trotting research.

Stroheim: German, English, and Spanish, cause I figure if those are where his assignments take him, they'd send someone with the right language skills.

Lisa Lisa:Tibetan and/or Mandarin from her adopted Dad, English from George 2, Italian from exile.

Ceaser: Italian, then English learned from Lisa Lisa and maybe Speedwagon whenever he got in touch with him

Suzi Q: Italian, then English learned from Lisa Lisa.

Pillar Men: Anything, since they're just that smart.

Joseph knowing Spanish is the only big guess to me. I think he had only been in the states for a little while when Part 2 started. Either way, English is my best guess for what they are all speaking.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I’m pretty sure Straizo’s Italian and just trained in Tibet like Zeppeli.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Expect My Mom posted:

I very badly want him to be Crispin Freeman

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I’m very curious to see what else narancia’s stand can do, I’m guessing there’s something we haven’t seen yet. They chose him to go into town specifically because “his stand will guarantee he won’t be followed” so unless that translates to “he will loving instantly murder anyone following him” he’s got some poo poo up his sleeve.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Now that I think about it it absolutely could have just meant that.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Thumbtacks posted:

Now that I think about it it absolutely could have just meant that.
I figured it was how he’s loving aggro yeah.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Honestly, thinking about it now I think this is one of the scarier stands in part 5 (so far)

Like how the gently caress do you fight a very small airplane with very real bullets that can blow up a car

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Thumbtacks posted:

I’m very curious to see what else narancia’s stand can do, I’m guessing there’s something we haven’t seen yet. They chose him to go into town specifically because “his stand will guarantee he won’t be followed” so unless that translates to “he will loving instantly murder anyone following him” he’s got some poo poo up his sleeve.

Could just be that being able to summon a miniature plane gives him excellent scouting options. Which are, yes, backed up by considerable firepower.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

A little airplane can gun down anyone tailing him while he doesn’t have to stop driving, is what I figured

I think he’s the only one with that kind of long range stand instead of a punch ghost or a gun you gotta shoot yourself

El Burbo fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Dec 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Something interesting about Vento Aureo so far is how Giorno's used. Compared to previous parts where the JoJo is typically the leader or at least main force against the villains, Giorno has more of a supporting character role.

To wit, he hasn't used Gold Experience onscreen since Polpo. Additionally, he threw himself out of the way so Abbacchio could do his thing and only really provided Mista with travel and a radio message. Jotaro or Josuke tended to be the focal center when they were involved in fights, in contrast.

It's a curious shift, but I don't dislike it.