Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
This argument is very silly when Kaged Muscle Hydra Charge exists, has no calories, electrolytes and tastes amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
Also, it's winter you idiot. Nobody is getting heat stroke.

Roll Fizzlebeef
Sep 9, 2003

Actually when starved for calories your body burns your remaining energy at such a fantastic rate that you overheat and die.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

im on a vitamin water fast

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

numberoneposter posted:

What flavor? Answer carefully

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Sjs00 posted:

What flavor? Answer carefully
~xXx~

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007

Roll Fizzlebeef posted:

Actually when starved for calories your body burns your remaining energy at such a fantastic rate that you overheat and die.

You'd start bonking long before you got to whatever imaginary point would take to kill you during your leisurely morning stroll.

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

numberoneposter posted:

Did they remove cancer from the ingredients?

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

I'm on a posting fast

gently caress!

Well, back to the drawing board,

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

I thought most people got more than their share of salt from their diet these days. Is it really dangerous to go for a couple of days without it?

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002
Pro tip: make your sports drinks with Mrs Dash instead of Gatorade mix

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Just lol if you aren't drinking soy sauce from the bottle.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Wicker Man posted:

Just lol if you aren't drinking soy sauce from the butthole.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I am extremely fit and healthy and it's great.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
Whose the fat mod that closed the 600 lb thread?

Street Soldier
Oct 28, 2005

An egotistical being like myself can't be allowed to live...
I don't do salt but I feel fine fasting all day. Thanks for listening.

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007

Vim Fuego posted:

Whose the fat mod that closed the 600 lb thread?

It was me. I am a fat, disgusting mod and I am offended by exercise.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Spermanent Record posted:

It was me. I am a fat, disgusting mod and I am offended by exercise.

:eyepop:

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
What’s the name of that actor from the young ones, the one that played the punk?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i didnt drink any alcohol last night and i woke up the same weight WHAT THE gently caress@>@>@

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
double

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

504 posted:

What’s the name of that actor from the young ones, the one that played the punk?

Ade Edmondson

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
That’s the one.

Why isn’t he dead?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

numberoneposter posted:

Enjoy the brightly colored diarrhea.

Street Soldier
Oct 28, 2005

An egotistical being like myself can't be allowed to live...

Chinatown posted:

i didnt drink any alcohol last night and i woke up the same weight WHAT THE gently caress@>@>@

sucker, you're supposed to drink the alcohol and weigh in before you go to bed to get the dehyrdated reading.

Kullik
Jan 5, 2017

19st 13lbs... im under 20 stone for the first time in years. feeling pretty good about myself rn. I also have a restaurant trip to plan.

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥
Does anyone have any tips for calorie counting apps that aren't myfitnesspal? Or is that the best one to use?
I've been using lifesum recently because cute graphics and poo poo, but it's hella inaccurate for a lot of things, but mfp didn't really work for me as well?

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
I use Lose It!, but just because it's the one I happened to start with. I'm not sure if it's any better or worse than MFP honestly.

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥

klapman posted:

I use Lose It!, but just because it's the one I happened to start with. I'm not sure if it's any better or worse than MFP honestly.

I've seen that one, it has pretty graphics and poo poo too! For some reason the filled line or circle for calories works so much better for me than just the numbers because my idiot brain doesn't know poo poo about food numbers.

I might give it a go for the next week.
Does the photo thing actually work or is just a gimmick because I have no idea how that could be accurate in any way >.<

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

504 posted:

That’s the one.

Why isn’t he dead?

Only the good die young...ones. Get it?

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Yolo Swaggins Esq posted:

I've seen that one, it has pretty graphics and poo poo too! For some reason the filled line or circle for calories works so much better for me than just the numbers because my idiot brain doesn't know poo poo about food numbers.

I might give it a go for the next week.
Does the photo thing actually work or is just a gimmick because I have no idea how that could be accurate in any way >.<

I haven't actually futzed with the photo thing till just now, but all it really does is just say "oh, you took a picture of a cake? well here's some Cake options" which is really useless given that cakes have a huge variety of possible calories. It does have a barcode scanner though, not sure if the other ones do.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I lost 40 pounds the past six months. Using simply, calories in vs calories out. 36 more pounds to my goal. Only thing I have not done was exercise.. maybe I should incorporate that

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
exercise will become more important as you lose more weight. you can reach a fairly healthy weight just by counting calories, but after a certain point, your kcal intake to lose any more weight at bmr gets so low that you can't eat healthily, or enough to feel full, without putting in the extra work to increase the number of calories your body burns per day.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
And exercise feels good.

I used to do light strength training 3 - 5 hours per week. Full body, including forearms. After the first few weeks, I was never sore or nauseous. And going to the gym became a button I could push to feel good or resolve boredom on-demand.

I kept that up for a few years and lost over 100 lbs and packed on a ton of muscle.

"No pain, no gain," only applies to fast or excellent gains. If you're willing to take a few years for good results? The process can feel good start to finish.

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe
So I am going to live alone for a couple months (wife and baby are visiting home country), you guys have any easy to make healthy recipe? Emphasize on easy to make and easy to clean. My dream healthy meal is combo things I can dump into the air fryer and cook in one setting lol.

tino fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Dec 10, 2018

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

tino posted:

So I am going to live alone for a couple months (wife and baby are visiting home country), you guys have any easy to make healthy recipe? Emphasize on easy to make and easy to clean. My dream healthy meal is combo things I can dump into the air fryer and cook in one setting lol.

Do you have an instantpot by any chance? I have several soup/stew recipes for that.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

I've been back in ketosis for right around 10 consecutive days now and I never want to fall out of it again. I feel so much better

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe

LadyPictureShow posted:

Do you have an instantpot by any chance? I have several soup/stew recipes for that.

I don't think so. Is rice cooker an instantpot? Can I cook it with regular pan/pot?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

tino posted:

I don't think so. Is rice cooker an instantpot? Can I cook it with regular pan/pot?

This one you can be simmered in a regular pot, or made in a slow cooker it's pretty no muss no fuss:

Ingredients
1 cup red lentils
1 cup chopped carrot
2 cups chopped cauliflower
1 large onion, chopped
4 cups vegetable stock or water
2 teaspoons garam masala (or curry powder)
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 cups (130g) kale, chopped

Combine all of the ingredients except the kale and cook until lentils are tender and starting to fall apart.

Stir in the kale and cover for ~5 minutes to let it cook a little.

That's it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

Piggy Smalls posted:

So what are tried and true ways to lose weight. I know eating less/healthier and exercise is important but any other things to speed up fat destruction?

I read that Glucomannan is a great supplement to keep you satiated longer and acts like fiber.

I lost 45kg in 6 months doing keto OMAD, maybe try that Mr Mantits?