Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

comedyblissoption posted:

outlaw outlaw anime

If outlaw anime is outlawed, only anime outlaws will... wait. poo poo. I'll get back to you once I've worked out the logic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Given all pedo, gore, and pedo-gore that's in normal anime, what exactly is outlaw anime?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Tunicate posted:

There's one with a live demo if you want to try it out

https://s2p.moe/

I gave it a shot.

Edit: Oh it does multiple versions at once.

Mr.Pibbleton has issued a correction as of 05:09 on Nov 30, 2018

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
anime is just okay

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Darkman Fanpage posted:

outlaw star is one of my favorite animes thanks

it asks important questions like 'what if spaceships could rassle'

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Tunicate posted:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

heh, i only had to pay 30 bucks a day when i was in jail
but i had to do six months

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the ultimate oldboy fan experience

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Tunicate posted:

I did a drawing to try it out on and it turns out me learning to color was basically pointless. wow! all those years!

I did some tinkering but the base coloring outside the "background" is all the program.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Tunicate posted:

this is fun

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

this one is nice

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I gave it a shot.

as much as i love bikini trunks hairy chest superman i find this drawing extremely problematic

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Food Boner posted:

as much as i love bikini trunks hairy chest superman i find this drawing extremely problematic

maybe you should read the stranger

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I'm illiterate and even I knew what it was about.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Tunicate posted:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

got any sevens posted:

heh, i only had to pay 30 bucks a day when i was in jail
but i had to do six months

lol that we pay tax money to private prisons to lock people up but also we allow them to charge people money and use them as slave labor

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005
poo poo i did years ago :wow:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Food Boner posted:

poo poo i did years ago :wow:

lmao

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Al! posted:

lol that we pay tax money to private prisons to lock people up but also we allow them to charge people money and use them as slave labor

mine was a public prison at least :shrug:

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

got any sevens posted:

mine was a public prison at least :shrug:

for what... were they charging you $30 a day? Like you're in prison where are you going to get that money

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

im on the net me boys posted:

for what... were they charging you $30 a day? Like you're in prison where are you going to get that money

welcome to the republican party

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
if you can't pay don't they just keep you in prison longer to pay it off

yes that creates a vicious cycle

like the kids who get arrested for skipping school and then miss school because they are in jail and then have to be locked up longer

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

well... i think there's normally a couple more levels of abstraction (apparently some amendment mentions debt slavery), so it's now generally "you owe money > refusing to pay a debt is a crime > however, the punishment a prison term exactly delimited by your debt" but its not debt slavery, no.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

it suddenly occurs to me that there's a .moe tld lmfao

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

im on the net me boys posted:

work release
so i could go out for a few hours to work, then all of my wages paid for jail, so after sic months i made maybe 1k net profit. lmfao

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

got any sevens posted:

work release
so i could go out for a few hours to work, then all of my wages paid for jail, so after sic months i made maybe 1k net profit. lmfao

lmao

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

got any sevens posted:

work release

hosed up tbh

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

work release is good imo.. we dont want people to spend their entire life in jail and become hosed up assholes.

ps the pedo politician, epstein, should jail way longer than he did. down a volcaono imo.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

It's good for the inmates in a few respects, but it's bad for free workers. Prison labor being able to undercut minimum wage drags down labor costs. That's why they would bring prisoners into the mines during strikes.

Krankenstyle posted:

well... i think there's normally a couple more levels of abstraction (apparently some amendment mentions debt slavery), so it's now generally "you owe money > refusing to pay a debt is a crime > however, the punishment a prison term exactly delimited by your debt" but its not debt slavery, no.

The punishment for non-payment of debts should be on the lender for making an investment that can't be returned.

There's a whole thing with fines though that since it's already a punishment, of course you can substitute one punishment for another, but then it also leads to places trying to raise money with extra fines spending more money on incarceration because they gotta stay tough on crime.

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005
dont forget with prison labor you get to market your service/product/whatever as 'made in usa'!

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
Work release is good in that "I'd rather be kicked in the nuts than stabbed" way that isn't actually good

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

im having trouble deciding whether being let out to work at mcdonalds is an improvement over just being in prison.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Shear Modulus posted:

im having trouble deciding whether being let out to work at mcdonalds is an improvement over just being in prison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP2jErXpNS4

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

SlothfulCobra posted:

It's good for the inmates in a few respects, but it's bad for free workers. Prison labor being able to undercut minimum wage drags down labor costs. That's why they would bring prisoners into the mines during strikes.

quote:

Fantine threw her mirror out of the window. She had long since quitted her cell on the second floor for an attic with only a latch to fasten it, next the roof; one of those attics whose extremity forms an angle with the floor, and knocks you on the head every instant. The poor occupant can reach the end of his chamber as he can the end of his destiny, only by bending over more and more.

She had no longer a bed; a rag which she called her coverlet, a mattress on the floor, and a seatless chair still remained. A little rosebush which she had, had dried up, forgotten, in one corner. In the other corner was a butter-pot to hold water, which froze in winter, and in which the various levels of the water remained long marked by these circles of ice. She had lost her shame; she lost her coquetry. A final sign. She went out, with dirty caps. Whether from lack of time or from indifference, she no longer mended her linen. As the heels wore out, she dragged her stockings down into her shoes. This was evident from the perpendicular wrinkles. She patched her bodice, which was old and worn out, with scraps of calico which tore at the slightest movement. The people to whom she was indebted made “scenes” and gave her no peace. She found them in the street, she found them again on her staircase. She passed many a night weeping and thinking. Her eyes were very bright, and she felt a steady pain in her shoulder towards the top of the left shoulder-blade. She coughed a great deal. She deeply hated Father Madeleine, but made no complaint. She sewed seventeen hours a day; but a contractor for the work of prisons, who made the prisoners work at a discount, suddenly made prices fall, which reduced the daily earnings of working-women to nine sous. Seventeen hours of toil, and nine sous a day! Her creditors were more pitiless than ever. The second-hand dealer, who had taken back nearly all his furniture, said to her incessantly, “When will you pay me, you hussy?” What did they want of her, good God! She felt that she was being hunted, and something of the wild beast developed in her. About the same time, Thénardier wrote to her that he had waited with decidedly too much amiability and that he must have a hundred francs at once; otherwise he would turn little Cosette out of doors, convalescent as she was from her heavy illness, into the cold and the streets, and that she might do what she liked with herself, and die if she chose. “A hundred francs,” thought Fantine. “But in what trade can one earn a hundred sous a day?”

Good to know we have the great reliable social systems of TYOOL *checks watch* 1862

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/drewtoothpaste/status/1069312824181166080

Ayatollah Hermione
Apr 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
should be enough time to escape if the drone is coming all the way from georgia

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
https://techcrunch.com/2018/12/05/intelligo-does-constant-background-checks-on-your-trusted-employees/

quote:

Run by former lawyer, Shlomo Mirvis, Intelligo began as a manual background check service that pivoted to use AI and machine learning to speed up the process. Now Mirvis and his team have added a further twist, allowing for constant background checks over time, ensuring nothing untoward comes up after five months behind the keyboard or meat slicer.

Both Mirvis and Chief Research Officer Dana Rakovsky have connections to public and private intelligence. The company raised a $5.7 million series A and they declined to mention growth numbers although they did mention a number of high-ticket clients.

“Unlike most other players in the market, we’ve created a way to give customers continuous exposure to the people that matter to their investments,” said Mirvis. “Standard background checks are outdated the minute they’re published so we built a method to give businesses live alerts to the individuals they invest in, called Ongoing Monitoring. Unlike other products that exist, Ongoing Monitoring is built on an AI algorithm to provide a thorough scope of review, yet remove noise.”

Mirvis said that other services depend on humans poring over arrest records and other important documents to find mention of key employees. Their system looks at multiple databases and data sources and never gets tired.

“Any suspicious information found is highlighted with a red or yellow flag on our interactive report,” he said. “Copies of the original sources that our report is based on can easily be accessed.”

“Everyday people must make critical, and often difficult, decisions,” said Mirvis. “Whether the decision is to invest money or move ahead with a hire, the implications could affect a person’s financial standing or a company’s survival. At Intelligo, our mission is to create a way for people to leverage technology so they can rely on, and value, trust.”

:nsamad:

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Nothing says trust like an omnipresent AI digging through the details of your personal life 24/7/365

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Pennywise is just keeping with the times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurophage
Oct 11, 2012
https://twitter.com/stacyfmitchell/status/1070016190930669568