Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

6% Deval Patrick lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Deval!!!

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

the midterm thread is dead, so this is going in here

quote:

During her trial, the woman acknowledged the illegality of her 2012 and 2014 votes in Dallas County, but maintained she never meant to break the law. Her attorney argued some government forms allow applicants to declare permanent residency status, but the voting application in neighboring Tarrant County (to where Ortega subsequently moved) had not such option to check off. Lacking the option, she ticked the "citizen" box.

With that innocent mistake she claims to have made, Ortega's life began to unravel. Exacerbating the rush to convict her was the renewed interest among conservatives to make the fight against voter fraud a top agenda item helping to energize their base, even as numerous studies have shown incidents of voter fraud are statistically negligible and hardly the rampant scourge Republican lawmakers often paint it to be.

So sure she was of eventually being found innocent of nothing more than a simple form-filling mistake, Ortega opted for a jury trial — a point Paxton made in a press release announcing the court of appeals decision to uphold the earlier conviction.

:rip: https://patch.com/texas/downtownaustin/texas-court-upholds-8-year-jail-term-woman-voting-illegally

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1068555022592557056

Rahm... I've got bad news

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

rahms right

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Beto, Biden, Kerry and Clinton can get their very own Loser debate stage :kimchi:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
call it The 8 Percenters

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

You do if it's a party of losers :goleft:

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

hes right about beto anyways

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I'll reopen the neverending midterms thread

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

logikv9 posted:

I'll reopen the neverending midterms thread

weak kneed mod, bowing & scraping to posters

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

flipflopper

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Homeless Friend posted:

weak kneed mod, bowing & scraping to posters

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Taintrunner posted:

call it The 8 Percenters

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

how is this possible? her MA numbers are like almost identical to her national ones

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Typo posted:

how is this possible? her MA numbers are like almost identical to her national ones

the only candidates who actually have durable support from voters are bernie and biden and that has been the case for at least a year. biden's support is based mostly off of him being more of a third obama term than hillary ever was

beto may or may not be a flash in the pan, who knows. he definitely has 10 times the charisma of warren or any of the other also-rans

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Shear Modulus posted:

10 times the charisma of warren or any of the other also-rans

this is a very low hurdle

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

Typo posted:

even people in ma who like her just want her to stay in the senate

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

guess rahm doesnt know hillary is running again

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Shear Modulus posted:

the only candidates who actually have durable support from voters are bernie and biden and that has been the case for at least a year. biden's support is based mostly off of him being more of a third obama term than hillary ever was

beto may or may not be a flash in the pan, who knows. he definitely has 10 times the charisma of warren or any of the other also-rans

beto is the scott walker of this cycle, he'll be forgotten in a few months

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/12/02/kamala-harris-2020-elections-1037160

quote:

Harris to make 2020 decision 'over the holiday'

Sen. Kamala Harris said she will decide whether to run for president during the holiday season — setting the stage for an announcement from one of the Democratic field’s most highly anticipated 2020 contenders as early as the next several weeks.

“It will ultimately be a family decision,” the California lawmaker told MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” co-host Mika Brzezinski during the “Know Your Value” event in San Francisco on Saturday evening.

“And over the holiday,” Harris said, “I will make that decision with my family.”

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
man remember how early we all thought the 2016 primaries were, starting only the year before the election

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Raskolnikov38 posted:

man remember how early we all thought the 2016 primaries were, starting only the year before the election

the 2024 primaries began seven years ago

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Please decide no

Though I'm sure this statement isn't meant to be read at face value and she decided to run a long time ago

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

yeah she decided to run the day after hillary lost

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
id vote for al gore

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Kamala: I'm going to run for president.
Kamala's husband: ...
Kamala: ...
Kamala: ...if you don't say "ok", we're getting a divorce.
Kamala's husband: *weakly* ok...

Kamala in January: After much soul searching and with the enthusiastic support of my family, I have decided that I will run for president.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Azathoth posted:

Kamala: I'm going to run for president.
Kamala: ...if you don't say "ok", we're getting a divorce.
Kamala's husband: *weakly* ok...

Kamala in January: After much soul searching and with the enthusiastic support of my family, I have decided that I will run for president.

barbara bush went on national tv to tell jeb! not to run and welp

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

double negative posted:

but even if everyone hates her MA should hate her less than the rest of the country

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Raskolnikov38 posted:

barbara bush went on national tv to tell jeb! not to run and welp

jeb's parents died being horribly disssapointed in him

and that makes me happy

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

jeb!

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1069218394212306946?s=19

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

beto biden or bernie, who will win!?!

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009

double negative posted:

Ma resident here. It's exactly this

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Excited for the dirty campaign between Hillary and Biden :jackbud:

quote:

Biden, who is acerbic about Clinton’s foreign-policy judgment, has said privately, “Hillary just wants to be Golda Meir.”

A Handed Missus has issued a correction as of 13:04 on Dec 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

Welcome back to the Liturgigoon thread, friend.

huge pile of hamburger posted:

Ma resident here. It's exactly this

We also elect Republican governors who are Business friendly and socially liberal. Massachusetts is the dark heart of neoliberalism, i.e. "woke" capitalism.