Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

why were the drunk girls trying to post in CD

don't they know drunk posting is probatable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Leperflesh posted:

why were the drunk girls trying to post in CD

don't they know drunk posting is probatable

I don't think that's been a hard rule for like 5 years

fuzzy_logic
May 2, 2009

unfortunately hideous and irreverislbe

When was the last time we saw Spoonful of Bromide? I remember them showing up every few years and being like "omg it's really them they're really real" after hearing so much of the saga (I do not remember SoB's proper pronouns, their entire persona was extremely confusing to me)

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

fuzzy_logic posted:

When was the last time we saw Spoonful of Bromide? I remember them showing up every few years and being like "omg it's really them they're really real" after hearing so much of the saga (I do not remember SoB's proper pronouns, their entire persona was extremely confusing to me)

They used to show up in the terrible webcomics thread, but the last I remember was at least a year ago, I think, probably longer than that.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

fuzzy_logic posted:

Was that the shredded moose fetishist or someone else?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

I Said No posted:

yep

they're quite the character

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I Said No posted:

holy poo poo that's a bad webcomic

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

dreadmojo posted:

Even its own creators have apologised for it

I Said No
May 21, 2007

dreadmojo posted:

yyeeeeeah, if there was a flat out Worst Webcomic, shredded moose would be a solid contender for the title

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Raine Dog.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Don't we have (indirectly) SoB to thank for Goku Pants?

Fake Edit: yep.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3615777

Still a pro-read no matter how many times I go through that thread.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Yeah, for some inexplicable reason Goku's pants infuriated him. I don't think anybody has any idea why.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

Frieza's account spotted

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

dreadmojo posted:

I googled Shredded Moose out of curiosity and uh... this is what someone was so literally obsessed with reviving that they commissioned other artists to pick it back up after the original creators stopped? It's really terrible misogynistic gaming garbage that isn't funny, or even attempting to be funny. And it's not like those sentiments are even rare on the internet. Just bizarre!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
IIRC SoB was an elaborate troll.

Doesn't make the whole thing less hilarious, though. Although if it's real, I do hope Starfish didn't get mulched and spread on Bromide's garden o' crazy.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

exquisite tea posted:

I googled Shredded Moose out of curiosity and uh... this is what someone was so literally obsessed with reviving that they commissioned other artists to pick it back up after the original creators stopped? It's really terrible misogynistic gaming garbage that isn't funny, or even attempting to be funny. And it's not like those sentiments are even rare on the internet. Just bizarre!

I haven't read the thread since it was a living thing, but I feel like the through line ended up being that SoB was a self-hating trans woman that got weirdly jazzed by that particular flavor of webcomic misogyny.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

IIRC SoB was an elaborate troll.

Doesn't make the whole thing less hilarious, though. Although if it's real, I do hope Starfish didn't get mulched and spread on Bromide's garden o' crazy.

That whole thread straddles the line hard. I still keep going back and forth on Really Committed Troll to Person With Mental and Emotional Issues

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

It would have to be a very long con

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

purple death ray posted:

Insert long winded "I-was-really-the-puppet-master" post at the end in a feeble attempt to not be laughed off the internet.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

purple death ray posted:

TobleroneTriangular being a thing always gives me pause but I think he was an outlier

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I think lightning doesn't strike twice, and it's very unlikely that someone would be able to pull off the TobleroneTriangulation a second time. I will assume all deeply mentally disturbed posters are legit until it's revealed that they were just an avshalom rereg

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Any true goon can pick out an avs alt within a couple of lines, there will be a reference to tiny chickens, murdering the president with sporks, or rising to the moon on a pillar of incandescent farts and you'll tap the screen and go 'it's her'

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
SoB at least gave us :goku:

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I only say that because I remember someone saying their whole persona was made up, but I can't remember which thread.

GelatinSkeleton
May 31, 2013

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I only say that because I remember someone saying their whole persona was made up, but I can't remember which thread.

I also remember this

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

dreadmojo posted:

Any true goon can pick out an avs alt within a couple of lines, there will be a reference to tiny chickens, murdering the president with sporks, or rising to the moon on a pillar of incandescent farts and you'll tap the screen and go 'it's her'

I would never do this because I enjoy her and her inevitable return and will quietly enjoy it while it lasts for a few days

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I feel like SoB is the kind of Internet person where everyone hopes they're an elaborate troll persona, because the alternative -- that their persona is an authentic expression of the dreams and needs of a real human being -- is just too goddamn depressing to contemplate.

:goku: is a thing of beauty and a joy forever, at least.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Aesop Poprock posted:

I would never do this because I enjoy her and her inevitable return and will quietly enjoy it while it lasts for a few days

She isn't on permaban kill order any more, which leaves the question of why she keeps making alts one for the reader to pursue in their own time

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

dreadmojo posted:

She isn't on permaban kill order any more, which leaves the question of why she keeps making alts one for the reader to pursue in their own time

It's nice to have a routine.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Why did Gokus pants make whatshisname so angry? :psyduck:

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Perhaps he was simply furious that they prevented him from seeing what was underneath. I know I am.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Ariong posted:

Perhaps he was simply furious that they prevented him from seeing what was underneath. I know I am.

You can find out on Tumblr until the 17th.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Man, I can't believe the internet's only source for pictures of Goku's genitalia is about to be destroyed. :(

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I think it was in one of the previous incarnations of the terrible webcomics megathread, and perhaps unfortunately in the one that got deleted due to copyright violations. There might have been some spillover into GBS, too.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Ariong posted:

Found this in BYOB.

Can someone link to this person's rap sheet? Sounds funny.

It's forums poster a man and his dog. He used to be a moronic shithead rapist in the restaurant industry thread in bfc too

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
SoB didn't at all limit themselves to SA, I think they became a minor internet celebrity/'lolcow' and prone to googling themselves a lot and ending up in arguments in all kinds of wretched corners of the internet.
And I think they're one of those cases where they attempt an outrageous troll persona but their genuine mental illness and assorted issues quickly shine through when people don't play along in the way they want. (Goku pants was definitely one of those things where an entertaining overreaction when nobody's taking the OP seriously turns into a dogpile and new meme)

IIRC Shredded Moose was mostly unknown when it was running but because notoriously mostly retroactively for being disgusting, crass and surprisingly well-drawn all things considered. (this was back in the day when you'd be lucky if a webcomic wasn't a sprite comic or didn't revolve around some gimmick to make up for how the author obviously can't draw)

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

purple death ray posted:

Back when there was still a trans mega thread in e/n, Bromide made a re-reg and made idiotic posts in there, and that was, like, a year after the whole webcomic debacle. So either they were legit trans and just absolutely loco in the coco, or really dedicated to a long con troll. IIRC a bunch of posters called them out for not being trans, though (someone correct me if me wrong).

Either way they're loving nuts.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

JacquelineDempsey posted:

a bunch of posters called them out for not being trans, though (someone correct me if me wrong).

IIRC, SoB's descriptions of being trans were all along the lines of "I've always just felt so ~nurturing~" and also pretty fetishist/chaser-y, combined with a lot of other obvious issues. Obviously none of those factors should disqualify someone from being "really" trans, but I think posters expressed some reasonable doubts. (I can't imagine it helped that the trans thread in E/N was constantly attracting trolls and bigots.)

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

On the front page it says 10 users were banned today, but there are no bans in the lepers colony. What's up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Ariong posted:

On the front page it says 10 users were banned today, but there are no bans in the lepers colony. What's up?

It's probs avenatti toxxers that havent shown up for some reason