Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

Johnny Aztec posted:

Is there a reason there is a menorah on all the "Coins"?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanukkah_gelt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Johnny Aztec posted:

I believe Hilary is Jewish -- she does regularly do Hanukkah and Passover jokes.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Johnny Aztec posted:

They're Hanukkah gelt.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Johnny Walker posted:

Macanudo

Ugh.

You know, I may post Baldo sometimes, but at least I have the decency to skip over the "precocious little girl and the *~magic of books~* ones.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
imgur is throwing errors, so here are some extra big comics.

Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

random Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

New Popeye Videos Show What 90 Years of Spinach Can Do for a Guy.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Strontium posted:

Take It From the Tinkersons

Have a sarcastic "Thank you" as I now realize his hair.....Actually I have no idea what his hair situation is about. Like....its a massive spiked comb over?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Why is Bluto stealing the spinach when his forearms are even bigger than Popeye's?

I absolutely love that he has a whistle instead of a pipe, but they should've used a classic boatswain design imo.

Nekonaughey

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.

Johnny Aztec posted:

Have a sarcastic "Thank you" as I now realize his hair.....Actually I have no idea what his hair situation is about. Like....its a massive spiked comb over?

It's two dicks and balls joined together to always be facing the reader.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Credit where it's due, this one's actually pretty good.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

In today's Corto Maltese: The sentries report Zulus Ethiopians to the Southwest. Thousands Dozens of them, or Rocks fall, somebody dies?, or But what's puzzling Corto, is the nature of his game.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

:barf:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Always nice to have a recap.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Betty

Fred Basset

Frog Applause

Judge Parker

The Knight Life

The Pajama Diaries

Reply All

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
Bizzaro got a decent chuckle out of me, and I'm glad that at long last our national nightmare that is Dilbert is finally over.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Ruthie is six years old, the first thing she thinks of when her mom has a minor household mishap is bringing her wine, and when she's had a hard day her natural reaction is to go sit in her room and drink something.

Something on your mind, Rick?

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Jesus, how much longer is Keane going to milk this burglar alarm thing?

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

I got my Bad Machinery books and they're great and all, but did they really have to make them so wide? now my shelf looks weird :spergin:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Esplanade posted:

Jesus, how much longer is Keane going to milk this burglar alarm thing?

This holiday season, please leave your doors unlocked and all your valuables in plain sight near a convenient exit in honor of Mary and Joseph.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (May 11, 2007)

Arlo and Janis Classic (May 11, 1997)

Garfield Classic (May 11, 1987)

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

This looks awfully generic. But then, I'm comparing it to the vintage Popeye comics posted in this thread which go to all sorts of weird places, not the popularly understood version of Popeye where all he does is eat spinach and fight Bluto and all Olive Oyl does is pine after him.

Personally I like how vintage Olive Oyl isn't really defined by her relationship to Popeye at all. Most of the time she doesn't even seem to like him very much, or him her. Nobody else gets along with each other either. That's practically the entire charm, so going from that to this overly cutesy portrayal feels...odd.

Tracksuit

I think the expression in the last panel gives you everything you need.

Mother From Another Country

Aw, it's sweet without forgetting to tell a joke.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Retail

Edge of I deirub luaP

I like how he says "the night was well entrenched" when it's dark for like one panel. Also, nice luminous mustache, Colin.

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost

Selachian posted:

Edge of I deirub luaP

I like how he says "the night was well entrenched" when it's dark for like one panel. Also, nice luminous mustache, Colin.

Hey if you're going to post comics featuring giant glowing nipples hovering over the nighttime jungle could you NWS it? Thanx.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Today's Garf

Zippy

Ripley's

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
2011 Spiderman

The Amazing Deep Purple

Dick Tracy

Origins of the Sunday Comics

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
I've been doing some extensive research on Heathcliff, and I noticed this year's Thanksgiving comic is the same as from 2014

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
this polar vortex plot in Tracy is utterly incomprehensible and I pray this is the end of it

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

quote:

Last time we saw Sean, he was losing his title as King of the Mods, and his magnificent bouffant. He returns, a chastened man.
I feel like this might be the result of a mixup somewhere, since this feels like the wrong page, since it's the second half of the original one.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Pete didn't even hear the "in bed" part. It's just "Hot chocolate! Oh boy!" and he's gone.

F Minus

Hot tubs are gross.

Macanudo

Vargo posted:

You know, I may post Baldo sometimes, but at least I have the decency to skip over the "precocious little girl and the *~magic of books~* ones.
If I suffer, you all suffer.

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

"You have me now, Mary. There can be only one."

Ghostlight posted:

It's a good panel

:lol: I wish I'd thought to make this joke.

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Kai Tave posted:

Credit where it's due, this one's actually pretty good.
PC's good for a chuckle more often than it's not, I think. It's one of the better strips, in my opinion.

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Why is the cat from Mutts in Macanudo?

(I haven't read the thread in awhile I'm sure someone else already asked)

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

this polar vortex plot in Tracy is utterly incomprehensible and I pray this is the end of it

I really liked the part where that henchman-woman was just straight up “hello officer, just hanging around this school not committing any drug crimes, wellp, see you later comic”.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise

Next: New adventure!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Whenever Pooch Cafe isn't 100% about how awful Poncho is to his owners, I do like it! Thank you for posting it!

Also I'll do a double-post today of my comics - yesterday was write a paper to finish off a class, and then get a stomach bug that kept me up all night, so comics were left by the wayside.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Andy Capp

October 26, 1957

Heathcliff is good today!

Ballard Street

September 12, 2002

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Odonata posted:

Hey if you're going to post comics featuring giant glowing nipples hovering over the nighttime jungle could you NWS it? Thanx.

I just noticed that in the second and third panels, Jam is trying to do something like a dissolve from Colin's iris and eyebrow to the moon and yellow cloud. It doesn't work at all, of course. But Jam does frequently lay out panels like he's trying to draw movie storyboards, not a comic strip.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Transmodiar posted:

Modesty Blaise

Next: New adventure!

lmao

These guys set up all the vampire thing to scare people, then the people fought back killing the one responsible. Comeuppance :allears:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Nekonaughey

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set Catch-up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Evil Mastermind posted:

The Dinette Set Catch-up

Hold on, is Burl, like... a principal? I thought he had a job at a crate factory or something.

How Wonderful! fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Dec 4, 2018