Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Eej posted:

https://warmind.io/activity

PC and PS4 are about equal but PC is definitely still a lot of non Foreskin havers

Gambit is IN, it’s the eating rear end of late 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Listerine posted:

I've been using geomags in gambit exclusively for the past month, you can usually get away with one super at the start of a round to clear an entire wave of scrubs and then get it back in time to use on the primevil. I can't run any other class in gambit now.

My dude get yourself an enhanced heavy lifting helm and a thunderlord and you’ll have 3

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

My dude get yourself an enhanced heavy lifting helm and a thunderlord and you’ll have 3

Or light reactor/enhanced light reactor and you can wear secondary/heavy fusions and have all the supers :getin:

Fusions are bigly

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

PathAsc posted:

enhanced light reactor

Sadly this doesn't exist, for balance reasons. Fusions with Light Reactor are borderline broken as it is!

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Sadly this doesn't exist, for balance reasons. Fusions with Light Reactor are borderline broken as it is!

poo poo, I didn't know this! No matter, I'd have to give up full recovery and super mods to use it. It's ridiculously strong as it is and that's great imo

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Gambit would be great if everything about it didn't suck.

Hopefully the forges are cool and or good.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Gambit has been fun for me this past season but I'm shocked at Bungie apparently leaving it on autopilot for Season 5?

-No new armor/weapons
-No new vendor rolls
-No new maps
-Pinnacle weapon is basically "play 40 games on one character"??

They hyped it up as the centerpiece of Forsaken, so I'm surprised to see it abandoned until the Season of the Drifter or whatever. It's getting a little stale.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

CheeseFactory posted:

I do not trust those numbers.

When trials was out PC had about 10 to 15% of the pie.

I do not trust <the bot that literally every Discord server uses to look up player stats>

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Gambit has been fun for me this past season but I'm shocked at Bungie apparently leaving it on autopilot for Season 5?

-No new armor/weapons
-No new vendor rolls
-No new maps
-Pinnacle weapon is basically "play 40 games on one character"??

They hyped it up as the centerpiece of Forsaken, so I'm surprised to see it abandoned until the Season of the Drifter or whatever. It's getting a little stale.

They should do a Mayhem gambit weekend or have rotating modifiers and challenges Friday to Sunday or something, anything to spice it up.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

It took me this long to get Queenbreaker, it's not moving out of that spot for a good two more weeks.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

CheeseFactory posted:

I do not trust those numbers.

When trials was out PC had about 10 to 15% of the pie.

it was free on pc for like the past month

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Eej posted:

I do not trust <the bot that literally every Discord server uses to look up player stats>

That bot can't even give us the names of all the clan members in our clan. Its omitts people at random.

It's probably not that bot but bungies poopoo backend. But still.

Comp is so daed on PC its just the same teams playing each other over and over again juxtaposed with extended orbit wait times with the streamers resort to playing minigames to keep people entertained.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

the good fax machine posted:

it was free on pc for like the past month

It was free on PS4 too. Dunno about xbone

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I hit brave but I'm still on the first step of crucible quest. What do I need to do?

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

brave valor or brave glory?

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Adregan posted:

Holy poo poo this is a pro loving click!

Daaaamn, that PC fov is insane.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I guess I got thrown off because Bungie said you could make progress with any playlist but that's only for step 2

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The Grenade kill triumph actually progresses before you finish Phase 1 of the quest so you don't actually need to hit Brave to get it going.

Also someone did some testing and turns out SMGs did get a minor buff and also Pulse Rifles scale better with Range

https://old.reddit.com/r/CruciblePlaybook/comments/a2lide/smg_range_changes_210_ranges_changes_forsaken/

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

rodbeard posted:

I guess I got thrown off because Bungie said you could make progress with any playlist but that's only for step 2

It's not worth getting dude. Dont tress it. The two hand canons are though

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

[In extremely Sebastian Gorka voice] Good evening, Mister Rappo

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

BlindSite posted:

They should do a Mayhem gambit weekend or have rotating modifiers and challenges Friday to Sunday or something, anything to spice it up.

Pretty sure that modifiers are exactly what they're looking to do with their "Gambit evolves" update, just like they did with raids to pick off the last bit of meat from that bone

What they should be doing is setting up 6 man Gambit with two primevals on different sides of the map. That's innovation

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

After playing 42 gambit matches in the past two days, let me say: queen breaker is really obnoxious.

What gets me is that I probably played 30+ of those in a squad of at least 2, and usually more, and the majority of the times that I ran up against 4 stacks was solo.

If the charts posted earlier are right and gambit is the second most popular activity in the game, there’s really no excuse for that.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I had a 27 guardian kill gambit match last night. I think I had 3-4 AoO medals in it. We lost.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Emron posted:

I had a 27 guardian kill gambit match last night. I think I had 3-4 AoO medals in it. We lost.

Lol that owns

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Emron posted:

gambit.txt

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Does BA go up at midnight tonight or is it midnight PST

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's hard to resist jumping through and murdering as soon as the portal opens, but sometimes waiting for them to carry some motes or see some primeval damage is way better.

27 kills in a loss is pretty special though. Kill your teammates.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Emron posted:

Does BA go up at midnight tonight or is it midnight PST

Tomorrow's reset, so 9AM PST. Get some sleep

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
And even at reset you'll probably have like an hour or two of bullshit server issues so might as well just wait till you get home

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

https://youtu.be/A-UH5c4lAeI

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Did Thunderlord replace Black Talon as the new gambit dankness? I seemed to recall a few people saying that it was gonna take off after those Sleeper nerfs, but I hardly see it anywhere. Although the guys I do see using it, are usually feasting.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Thunderlord is a hell of a lot easier to get than Black Talon, probably helps.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Thunderlord is good because it's useful in all fights in gambit.. waves, boss, and players.

The effective range is much higher than you'd initially think.. you can't snipe with it but you can camp okay.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

haveblue posted:

Thunderlord is a hell of a lot easier to get than Black Talon, probably helps.

they’re both of the same rarity now if you missed the quest

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

:sweatdrop:

...I think it moved.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

^burtle posted:

Did Thunderlord replace Black Talon as the new gambit dankness? I seemed to recall a few people saying that it was gonna take off after those Sleeper nerfs, but I hardly see it anywhere. Although the guys I do see using it, are usually feasting.

Black talon owns but enough people have QB now and thunderlord is extremely good and came slightly out of left field and everyone has it

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Thunderlord is a really nice generalist exotic. It does great single target DPS for bosses, is great in crucible, and is phenomenal trash clear if you're economical with it and don't just hold the trigger down.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Black talon owns but enough people have QB now and thunderlord is extremely good and came slightly out of left field and everyone has it

Is the appeal the energy blast when invading? or using the charged sword gives back ammo on mobs? Both?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-d0DXp80tFs

New exotic grenade launcher looks extremely sick