Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
I agree, we should imprison Scott Free. His escape restarted the war with Darkseid, and he is a violent vigilante.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

But that would make you a hypocrite you loving bastard.

Mano
Jul 11, 2012

knox_harrington posted:

I am in beautiful Lausanne :)

It's the company policy so I don't pay most of it myself, yeah private room and all that stuff. I have dental insurance and.. something else on top of that.

I'm sure it's easier for repeat appointments but it's getting on the books of a good family doc that seems impossible.

Yeah, private can be pretty expensive and dental is on top of that, so it might get up to 1k.
And yeah it's too expensive. I hope we'll get something easier/cheaper, but the general public seems to not want to go to something single payerish or whatever.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

I love that the most generous interpretation of his tweets is that Trump is a gigantic sucker for picking the absolute scummiest lawyer imaginable, with a degree from one of worst (if not THE worst) law schools in the country.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
"Very legal and very cool"
"All of the TERRIBLE, unrelated to Trump, things having to do with fraud, big loans, Taxis, etc."

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I didn't expect Trump to be a DC man.

As a DC fan myself, isn't that where you find most Maga comics fans?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Mano posted:

Yeah, private can be pretty expensive and dental is on top of that, so it might get up to 1k.
And yeah it's too expensive. I hope we'll get something easier/cheaper, but the general public seems to not want to go to something single payerish or whatever.

False. The disproportionately empowered minority is against it, but the actual "general public" is not.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Mano posted:

I also didn't actually get a private room in the hospital, shared with a dude who snored all night and lad long speakerphone conversations all day. Bastard.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

friendbot2000 posted:

Bullies have no frame of reference of how to react when the bullied fight back. They just keep bullying harder to try to beat them into submission. The core truth of the bully is that they are dim, intractable, and get by on animal cunning. Any divergence from the pattern of behavior they are used to throws them into the deep end so they start flailing.

Sorry but that's absolutely not true. Bullies are often very smart and know exactly what to do when their targets fight back, it is just that one of their favorite tactics in response is to fake weakness so that whoever is in charge comes over and punishes their victim. It is just stepped up bullying to further isolate the target and the tears in their eyes when they do that aren't real.

Republicans have been doing the equivalent of flopping for the ref for decades now, and we recently saw a great example of it when the right wing faked a meltdown over Shucks being made fun of at the Correspondents' Dinner. They however don't know how to deal with the ref (the public in this case) telling their victim "Next time kick them harder."

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Wow, Cohen is asking the judge to not punish him for the crimes I made him do? Very unfair!!

jesus

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1069619316319035392

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
there are smart bullies and there a dumb ones, maybe you shouldnt generlized a whole group.

They're also pieces of poo poo though.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

They are more likely fans of The Boys, because they have Stormfront, the Nazi Superman

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

eke out posted:

Wow, Cohen is asking the judge to not punish him for the crimes I made him do? Very unfair!!

jesus

Just.....wow. :stare:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

President Not Mad

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

DC is two things: Batman and poo poo

And half the time the poo poo spreads all over Batman too

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
He's explicitly stating in no uncertain terms that if you 100 percent refuse to cooperate you'll be rewarded. Anything less is betrayal and no help will be coming. Jesus christ.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

TyroneGoldstein posted:

It is incredible to me how much lefties just simply do not know the history of that woman. Like, it's on the public record, people.

This scares me going into 2020. I know the hellsite that is twitter isn't real life, but loving A...

some of us think "tried to fund the wall" isn't a good thing, tho

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

DC is two things: Batman and poo poo

And half the time the poo poo spreads all over Batman too

I would add that the Batwoman series by J.H William's is phenomenal

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

CascadeBeta posted:

He's explicitly stating in no uncertain terms that if you 100 percent refuse to cooperate you'll be rewarded. Anything less is betrayal and no help will be coming. Jesus christ.

I think it's likely Stone has already only been 99% loyal and thus will trigger Trumpening.

Kenlon
Jun 27, 2003

Digitus Impudicus

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

Maybe we got lucky and the reality of Trump finally scared them enough to do some real governing?

Or maybe, just maybe, she's taking advantage of the current political climate to push things in the direction she's been wanting to go for a long time? Like when she pushed a healthcare bill with a public option in it through the House?

Pelosi isn't perfect, but she's a drat sight better than she's gotten credit for. It's good to see the progressive freshmen lining up on her side of things.

JasonV
Dec 8, 2003

TAMPERING WITH A WITNESS. Title 18, U.S.C., Sec. 1512, makes it a Federal crime or offense for anyone to use intimidation or physical force to threaten another person with intent to influence the testimony of a witness in any Court proceeding

I'm sure someone revised that a few times to avoid what he was implying. I'm surprised you can't tamper with a witness by being nice to them? I guess thats just obstruction?

Edit: Looks like I was close. 1503 covers that:

https://twitter.com/gtconway3d/status/1069622944152911872

JasonV fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Dec 3, 2018

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

hahaha he put scare quotes around his own title/name.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Kenlon posted:

Or maybe, just maybe, she's taking advantage of the current political climate to push things in the direction she's been wanting to go for a long time? Like when she pushed a healthcare bill with a public option in it through the House?

Pelosi isn't perfect, but she's a drat sight better than she's gotten credit for. It's good to see the progressive freshmen lining up on her side of things.

Pelosi's only significant error of the past few years was saying "we're capitalists" when a non zero amount of the Democratic base no longer thinks so, theyre not at critical mass yet but that was an unforced error.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
"President" Trump

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

eke out posted:

jesus

Saving this for when it comes out that Stone has been singing since day one.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I guess this threat of punishment over perjury is technically a threat

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Why the gently caress did he scarequote "President Trump" Jesus Christ.

Love to do all of the TERRIBLE unrelated to "Trump" things

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
President "Trump"

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Well, at least that Scott Free guy is gonna be okay.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I like how it's become legal strategy for everyone in his orbit to try to bait Trump into tweeting and try to let that scuttle the case

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

So how does Trump know that Cohen’s father in law has all of Cohen’s illicit money 🤔

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

RuanGacho posted:

I think it's likely Stone has already only been 99% loyal and thus will trigger Trumpening.

It is impossible to be loyal enough for a narcissist like Trump. The instant you aren't kissing their rear end they will start to think you are betraying them.

I suspect he will dangle the idea of a pardon or commutation as long as possible without actually giving them out.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Well, at least that Scott Free guy is gonna be okay.

He likes to get his wife and father-in-law off. Scott Free is a sick man

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
https://twitter.com/IlhanMN/status/1069620353759145984
https://twitter.com/IlhanMN/status/1069620357332721664

Ilhan Omar decided to tweet about student debt relief this morning.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
You refuse to testify! That means you have huge "guts!"

Groovelord Neato posted:

hahaha he put scare quotes around his own title/name.

He uses it for emphasis, like in "guts."

I don't know why he's emphasizing his own name.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1069621305245409281

Ague Proof fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Dec 3, 2018

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

cochise posted:

Saving this for when it comes out that Stone has been singing since day one.

Yeah, I think stone has been talking this whole time. https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1069621305245409281

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Failed Imagineer posted:

Why the gently caress did he scarequote "President Trump" Jesus Christ.
And "guts."

Above and beyond the obstruction, collusion, witness tampering and such, Trump needs to be tried for his crimes against grammar and punctuation.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

At least he's acknowledging that the public has a very positive opinion of Bob Mueller, something he's insisted is not true in his past Tweets.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

love when my president has a public hysterical meltdown about crimes he totally never did being investigated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

He for sure got news of fresh indictments