Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Serious question: any chance on getting the thread title changed to something more work-safe? By some miracle, I'm able to browse from work, but I can't be the only one who'd rather not have "masturbating sequence" listed in their browser history, can I?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Sounds like your workplace isn't very sex positive.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I'm getting the sega collection purely for streets of rage 1 2 and 3.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
What are the good RPGs on the Sega collection? I'm unfamiliar with ALL of them (and really only recognize the PS games as being RPGs).

I ... never played a lot of Sega.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

ExcessBLarg! posted:

In terms of stuff actually on the Switch, Octopath is pretty good especially if you like the 16-bit style. The battle system is especially great.

It's not without its flaws of course, but people wouldn't put 50 hours into a game they genuinely didn't like. You'll definitely get your mileage out of it.

What about Cosmic Star Heroine?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Octopath owns. I liked bravely default but lack the :spergin: to parse the 1000 jobs in there to break the game.

For me. Octopath was the right amount of complexity to have fun building cool party combos.

It does have problems, pokemon is terrible by end game, and the end game in general requires a huge time investment beyond seeing the credits. And since that's the only place you have to really use every job...missed opportunity.

I will day 1 a sequel and think it's a great oldschool jrpg of you like those, with cool modern sensibilities. If not 100% successful and getting rid of some malarkey.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Bombadilillo posted:

Octopath owns. I liked bravely default but lack the :spergin: to parse the 1000 jobs in there to break the game.

Can't you just put the game on easy and have a good time?

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Bought Diablo for a 3rd time

Rip demons

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Huxley posted:

What are the good RPGs on the Sega collection? I'm unfamiliar with ALL of them (and really only recognize the PS games as being RPGs).

I ... never played a lot of Sega.

Phantasy Star 4 and Shining Force 2 are the best of the bunch from that pack. PS4 is your standard jRPG style game with some fun twists and fast pacing, and Shining Force is a good fun but simple SRPG.

Shining Force 1 is also okay if you want more of that. Phantasy Star 2 is kind of neat but insanely hateful of the player, might be worth a look with maps and turbo, but if you aren't invested in the series already I'd just jump into 4 instead. Shining in the Darkness is a pretty okay dungeon crawler but it's kind of on the dull side IMO.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Yeah Phantasy Star 4 and Shining Force 2 are legit good. I'd almost pay the $30 for PS4 alone.

The others on that list are forgettable.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yeah I don't know who is in charge of the titles. I'd prefer something more normal

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Awesome! Thanks

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Starlink starter set is only $30 on Amazon right now. Cheaper than Black Friday prices.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

bushisms.txt posted:

Is this real?

Nah, just wishful thinking on my part. There's a vehicle pack that iirc gives you pedals and a steering wheel but I don't think it works in anything but Mario Kart.

But if a dev who makes a racing/driving game worked with Nintendo to make a Labo wheel and pedals I would 100% buy it even if the game was mediocre.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I got DOOM and it rules.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Starlink starter set is only $30 on Amazon right now. Cheaper than Black Friday prices.

Imagine having paid $60 for this

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

TheScott2K posted:

You’re a fool if you pay $60 for any Ubisoft game. Literally every game they release gets slashed in price by half a month or two after release.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

TheScott2K posted:

$70

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Andrast posted:

Bravelys story isnt really the draw. Its playing with the job system in crazy ways.

So you can, and I put a good amount of time into it, but didnt hold my attention. Like it got to the point where after grinding a job for a long time you get a new job and I should have thought
"Sweet a new job"

But I thought.

"Oh god another job"

Octopath having the jobs force tied to a main character you are story bound to for a bit really helps, I think. Perhaps I'm bad at jrpgs if you can be bad at such a game.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Whew

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

TheScott2K posted:

$60 still gets you almost all the content with digital. If you only intend to ever play with the Arwing though than $30 is super easy to justify

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I was going to get my nephew an eShop gift card but I might do this instead.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

SeANMcBAY posted:

is that physical or digital version, I don’t want the toys

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Augus posted:

Physical with the arwing.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Augus posted:

Physical, I just checked. The digital codes are available on amazon, and they're $60

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Bombadilillo posted:

For me. Octopath was the right amount of complexity to have fun building cool party combos.

For me it was the opposite, Bravely is easily one of my favorite games ever while Octopath felt a bit too restricted (not to mention the loss of all the QOL) but yeah, I can totally see that for most people. I'm also the type who grinded out every job for every character to have the maximum amount of options so... :v:

That said, Octopath still owns hard and I will 100% get the sequel day 1 if there ever is one. It's a good game, but a very oldschool one. :yeah:

but first give me Bravely trilogy on the Switch please

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
mario rabbids is the only ubisoft game that was worth buying on release.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

TheScott2K posted:

Let me tell you about my Other M preorder

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Imagined posted:

Not sure. I ordered an LRG physical copy so it'll probably come next June or something.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Andrast posted:

if you're not breaking the poo poo out of the battle system then what's the point

BD's difficulty also assumes you're doing this which is something nice about it

of course sometimes they miss something and you get japanese BD1 which let you have both "sacrifice hp to attack until your hp hits 1" and "your attacks drain hp" on the same moveset to let you attack infinite times

it was "nerfed" in the us version so the attack # has a cap of 6 so you can only do 59994 damage in a single move instead of infinity :(

(the fact that they didn't remove it entirely is why I still love BD)

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Dec 3, 2018

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Imagined posted:

CSH is pretty decent. The writing is basically "dad jokes: the game" but the combat system is rather unique and fun and the game is short enough that it doesn't wear out its welcome at around 12-14 hours.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Dizz posted:

mario rabbids is the only ubisoft game that was worth buying on release.

I bought it on sale and i'm super glad I did because it's competent but i'm not enjoying myself with it very much

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

TheScott2K posted:

Imagine wanting the digital version, which is still full price :smith:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Throw your smash brothers in the trash

https://twitter.com/NintendoVS/status/1069622437195722759?s=19

There a punch tournament starting this Friday

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Yinlock posted:

if you're not breaking the poo poo out of the battle system then what's the point

BD's difficulty also assumes you're doing this which is something nice about it

of course sometimes they miss something and you get japanese BD1 which let you have both "sacrifice hp to attack until your hp hits 1" and "your attacks drain hp" on the same moveset to let you attack infinite times

it was "nerfed" in the us version so the attack # has a cap of 6 so you can only do 59994 damage in a single move instead of infinity :(

(the fact that they didn't remove it entirely is why I still love BD)

If someone had trouble breaking the system, playing on easy would allow them to only break the system halfway and have a good time

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Throw your smash brothers in the trash

https://twitter.com/NintendoVS/status/1069622437195722759?s=19

There a punch tournament starting this Friday
Lmfao

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ignite Memories posted:

I bought it on sale and i'm super glad I did because it's competent but i'm not enjoying myself with it very much

Shame to hear, its my favorite switch title by a wide margin.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Oh, hey, yeah, ARMS is a thing

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Oh, hey, yeah, ARMS is a thing

yeah, it's still going strong. I guess you could say

ARMS has legs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Ethernet adapter causing the system to be warm 24/7 is a thing apparently. It started a few system updates ago, and seems to be affecting all USB adapters, regardless of the chipset.

I unplugged my network cable from it and it cooled down right away. I only really wanted it for Smash and Splatoon, but plugging/unplugging it all the time kind of sucks.