Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

exquisite tea posted:

They did a really good job, actually.

Oxxidation posted:

hellblade was deft enough with its subject matter so that it feels like it was made by an entirely different company, it's wild

I'm still certain this is some kind of elaborate prank, like when people told me Diablo 3 was now good. Not falling for that one folks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Diablo 3 is good. What else would you want from a top-down ARPG besides lots of demons to kill and loot?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I'm still certain this is some kind of elaborate prank, like when people told me Diablo 3 was now good. Not falling for that one folks

You don't have to believe me, but Ninja Theory developed Hellblade in close partnership with a professor of neuroscience at Cambridge and a grant from Recovery College East to regularly oversee and provide feedback for the game. People who suffer from psychosis have weighed in on how the game authentically reflected their own experiences. And Ninja Theory continuing to donate all sales on World Mental Health Day to charity two years in a row, as well as establishing a scholarship for mental health tutors would seem to indicate that their commitment to mental health issues is sincere, history of sniper rifle abortions or no.

Also Diablo 3 is really good so..?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Bust Rodd posted:

Diablo 3 is good. What else would you want from a top-down ARPG besides lots of demons to kill and loot?

I stopped playing it back in the Auction House period and haven't really gotten the urge to pick it up again. I might since the Switch version is apparently good.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Hellblade should had first person and VR support. And it really is pretty decent, at the very least a singular experience. Use headphones if you try it.

Diablo 3 was bad but it's at least not awful. It's still boring.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I stopped playing it back in the Auction House period and haven't really gotten the urge to pick it up again. I might since the Switch version is apparently good.

The game is vastly superior now. Much more content (in the AH days it was just beating the game in a harder difficulty), loads of loot, easier to gear up and all classes got revamped. Is well worth coming back.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Feels Villeneuve posted:

They have really revamped the game in the 3 years since you stopped playing, I can’t think of a single game system that was left untouched except for leveling (which can take you anywhere between 8 hours or 15 minutes)

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Tei posted:

The answer to that question is in the netflix serie of the same name

Good god. How much do I hate myself / have to be drunk to watch this.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Fine hook it up to my veins, I'll buy Diablo 3 for the 3rd time

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Escobarbarian, I dunno if you read the Spider-Man thread but I posted another video of me doing a Hammerhead base. This one was much harder than the last one and is more in line what you were originally talking about with Shield Dudez-A-Plenti and minigun Brutes and suicidal rocket launcher dudes firing at me from close range. Felt almost unfair to post my last video in response to your post, like "hey, here's me doing a much easier version of what you're talking about pfftt N.B.D."

It's also just an excuse to post another video cuz this game rules so hard.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Vikar Jerome posted:

that patreon money is getting well spent.

Easy Allies is probably the only gaming podcast where the hosts actually know what they're talking about most of the time. Love them, simply great.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Is Uncharted Lost Legacy worth 18 bucks? Does it have less climb-and-talk-for-20-minutes sections?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I got Lost Legacy for 20bux and it was a fun 8-hour experience that didn't wear out its welcome like every other Uncharted game. Chloe and Nadine have good chemistry, there's not too much combat, and the open-world section is limited to one chapter. No real desire to replay it, but good for what it was.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Bombadilillo posted:

Does the devil actually cry? It's been a long series by now. We demand answers

Yes, in 3.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Sounds good. Nadine was pretty much the most sympathetic character in 4 since she had to deal with all those numbskulls. The part where she starts wrecking Nate and Sam's poo poo was pretty cathartic.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The beginning - after the prologue that is - of Lost Legacy is a bit of a drag (depending on the person) because it’s a bigger and longer quasi open world section like Madagascar. You go through 3 dungeons with various side areas to explore. But once you get through that it’s a hell of a ride to the end. Still has a few walk-and-talk sections but I liked those in 4 too so I may not be the best judge.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
I quite like the Uncharted games but looking back the peak of the series was that level with the jeep

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

this is 100% my "listen to podcasts and chill out" game

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Appreciate the reminder that D3 is the best podcast game even if was a little distracting last time I tried that somehow. No Man’s Sky is a great idea too!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Any thoughts on RDR2’s completely busted online economy that is in no way indicative of their contempt for their fan base? Beta reviews say it’s demonstrably grindier than GTAV and the Forbes article had some galaxy-brained factoids that make it sound like all the worst parts of GTAO but exponentially less fun and with less to do.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

you cant even buy baked beans in GTAV thats a lazy and dishonest article if its making that comparison

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Diablo 3 is also the best couch co-op game with a significant other.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Finished Spider-Man, it was pretty decent. Wish there was a way of getting crimes to spawn more often because that 100% all areas trophy is starting to be a pain.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Lambert posted:

Easy Allies is probably the only gaming podcast where the hosts actually know what they're talking about most of the time. Love them, simply great.

i like how none of them are jaded as gently caress like 99% of the rest.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Vikar Jerome posted:

i like how none of them are jaded as gently caress like 99% of the rest.

It might sound weird, but I trust jaded opinions more than "everything is always awesome!" attitudes. More cautious that way I guess.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I used to complain about jaded and overly negative posts/attitudes and then I discovered the absolute horror that was Brand Positivism and now I'm all for people hating everything.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Be like me and be positively jaded

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

it sucks that theres only the two extremes

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

BisterdDave posted:

It might sound weird, but I trust jaded opinions more than "everything is always awesome!" attitudes. More cautious that way I guess.

i get you but the allies are still grounded with that.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

People should like and dislike things to the exact same extent that I do, and also like and dislike all the same things.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Vikar Jerome posted:

i get you but the allies are still grounded with that.

Haven't they said they do all they can to avoid any negativity on their podcasts? I thought I heard that at least mentioned once, and to me that's kind of lying to the audience by purposly surpressing opinions.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

exquisite tea posted:

People should like and dislike things to the exact same extent that I do, and also like and dislike all the same things.

i find myself thinking this all the time, like if i hear an opinion i think, is this what exquisite tea also thinks?

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Ah finally some alone time so I can play online with my buddy..

"PSN services may experience difficulties at this time"

gently caress you too

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

BisterdDave posted:

Haven't they said they do all they can to avoid any negativity on their podcasts? I thought I heard that at least mentioned once, and to me that's kind of lying to the audience by purposly surpressing opinions.

I don't know if they did, but they are still critical of things. Just listen to the latest episode's take on Fallout 76 for proof.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

i find myself thinking this all the time, like if i hear an opinion i think, is this what exquisite tea also thinks?

I'm an open book.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

BisterdDave posted:

Haven't they said they do all they can to avoid any negativity on their podcasts?

Is that true? If so I might start listening to that podcast. I’ve been wanting a gaming podcast like that. DLC is somewhat close because Jeff Cannata is a nice dad gamer.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

Bust Rodd posted:

Any thoughts on RDR2’s completely busted online economy that is in no way indicative of their contempt for their fan base? Beta reviews say it’s demonstrably grindier than GTAV and the Forbes article had some galaxy-brained factoids that make it sound like all the worst parts of GTAO but exponentially less fun and with less to do.

I feel like economy sucks because the setting of RDR2 is so much more limited to what they can add versus GTA5 to get people to buy their e-cash. GTA5 can add crazy new vehicles but what is there for the western setting of RDR2? How far are they willing to push or go beyond the setting? So make it super grindy so people buy the rockstar dollars to avoid the grind since they (possibly) wont cross the line of adding neon horses and flying carriages.

Maybe I lack the imagination but I wonder where they will go with it.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Bombadilillo posted:

Good god. How much do I hate myself / have to be drunk to watch this.

It's going to be made by the same team as Castlevania. I guess that ups the chance on being good (even drat good).

Seriously, Netflix's Castlevania is amazing.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

BisterdDave posted:

they trashed fallout 76 and the quiet man from recent memory. :shrug: you can be positive and still criticize stuff. they deff don't suppress options from what I've seen, they just give everything a chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I'm sure I know the answer already but does d3 support any cross-play? My little brother wants to jam with me on PC or Switch but I'm feelin the ps4 ver, ugh