Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Throw your smash brothers in the trash

https://twitter.com/NintendoVS/status/1069622437195722759?s=19

There a punch tournament starting this Friday

It's called Smash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Hey, not everybody is buying Smash.

But lol ARMS

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I don't think your system being warm is going to damage it

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

It did make my system crash once. Just had it sitting in the dock for a few hours, picked it up to play, it was real hot with an error screen.

Hasn't happened that bad since but I don't think the bug is 100% safe.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
If you have the translucent back you can see when the fan is running. The thing very rarely gets warm enough for it to even turn on unless it's actually charging on the dock.

Edit: did anyone else order the Flip Grip? Mine shipped out the other day but hasn't gotten here yet. I have Danmaku 3 and Shihkondo, and I'm definitely going to get Downwell whenever that drops, but what are some other good tate mode games? All the arcade shooters obviously, but which ones are worth getting? I was looking at Gunbird 2 and the other Psykio games but there are like a million of them and I can't decide what's worth getting.

Heath fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Dec 3, 2018

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Dizz posted:

mario rabbids is the only ubisoft game that was worth buying on release.

I finally got around to wrapping up most of the main campaign challenges, just got Hidden 3 & 4 left. Then it's DLC time, it's a solid game

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Heath posted:

Edit: did anyone else order the Flip Grip? Mine shipped out the other day but hasn't gotten here yet. I have Danmaku 3 and Shihkondo, and I'm definitely going to get Downwell whenever that drops, but what are some other good tate mode games? All the arcade shooters obviously, but which ones are worth getting? I was looking at Gunbird 2 and the other Psykio games but there are like a million of them and I can't decide what's worth getting.

Mine gets here today apparently. I'm just going all in on pinball.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

enojy posted:

Hey, not everybody is buying Smash.

I’m buying Katamari and genesis classics. I get two games on smashmas day

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

It's pretty warm, like playing Diablo warm. It shouldn't be heating up the Switch just to keep a dongle awake. If it's a flaw that was patched in I'm sure they can fix it.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011
Unless they went and pulled it for some reason, the best way to figure out if Octopath is worth your time is to play the demo. It never really tries to be more than it presents itself to be at the starts, which can be really bad for people who are used to, say, starting off as a mercenary ecoterrorist and later contending with a mind altering malevolent alien.

It's really good for everyone who wasn't a fan of Bravely Default's story and gameplay swerves.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

BisterdDave posted:

Super Mario U Deluxe is at a decent price on Amazon, so I went ahead and preordered it. I never played it on the Wii U, but if my wife and I enjoyed playing New Mario Bros on the Wii, will we also like this one?

What was the price? I'm showing it's unavailable.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

loudog999 posted:

What was the price? I'm showing it's unavailable.

~$47

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

ARMS is still good.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Hopefully it comes back in stock cause I'll pick it up for that. One more reason to finally retire my Wii U to the box of forgotten consoles I keep.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

loudog999 posted:

Hopefully it comes back in stock cause I'll pick it up for that. One more reason to finally retire my Wii U to the box of forgotten consoles I keep.

From what I hear, keeping the Wii U out strictly for VC is the way to go.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

BisterdDave posted:

From what I hear, keeping the Wii U out strictly for VC is the way to go.

A console without a rest mode is worthless imo

Zibidibodel
Jan 10, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I’m buying Katamari and genesis classics. I get two games on smashmas day

Wasn't Katamari delayed to the 20th?

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

No

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
The sad thing about ARMS is that, as a first-party Nintendo game, it will literally never be discounted on the eShop low enough where I would buy it. Like to $14.99.

It was fun but not $59 or even $29 fun.

Zibidibodel
Jan 10, 2012

Oh good, had seen articles about it being delayed, glad to hear it was all nonsense :)

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Imagined posted:

It was fun but not $59 or even $29 fun.

I've only played the in-store demo of ARMS, but it seems like it would get old pretty quickly. I think Punch Out on Wii felt meatier and it was just single player.

ARMS should be given away for My Nintendo gold coins or something.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ARMS is like the proof of conceptest game for the switch detachable controllers possible which is why it should be a pack in but instead any amount of money spent on it over 5 bucks will likely feel wasted

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Barudak posted:

ARMS is like the proof of conceptest game for the switch detachable controllers possible which is why it should be a pack in but instead any amount of money spent on it over 5 bucks will likely feel wasted

this + 1/2/switch

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
ARMS is cool and good and if you're too poor to afford it that's not their fault sorry.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Fighting games aren't really popular here huh?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The only fighting game Nintendo has released for the Switch is Mario Tennis Aces.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

bushisms.txt posted:

It's more that Smash is coming out the same day so it's like the worst possible time they could pick for the Arms thing

Zibidibodel
Jan 10, 2012

Macaluso posted:

It's more that Smash is coming out the same day so it's like the worst possible time they could pick for the Arms thing

Are you saying Smash is a fighting game?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Sakurazuka posted:

Sonic 3 is in weird legal limbo ever since it turned out that it was likely Micheal Jackson had something to do with the music.
I dunno if anyone actually knows if it's true or not but like renaming JoJo characters the mere chance is enough to put people off.

It isn't in any actual weird limbo. It's online gamer BS like when a bunch of NOA fans thought Earthbound wasn't being rereleased due to music copyright issues. If it were true you wouldn't currently be able to get Sonic 3 in the same collection on Steam or by itself on XBL.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

bushisms.txt posted:

Mediocre ones like ARMS arent, no.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

bushisms.txt posted:

I play crosstag and soul calibur, but only one of those is on the switch

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Mario tennis and ARMS are wiisports-likes and smash is a party royale :colbert:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
mario tennis is clearly a fighting game

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Zibidibodel posted:

Are you saying Smash is a fighting game?

Trap sprung

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bottom Liner posted:

mario tennis is clearly a fighting game

Yeah, both tennis and ARMS have that fighting game feel for me inasmuch that they take a concept that should be simple but build it up with special movies and power meters and combos and make the skill ceiling go through the roof.

Which is totally fine if you like that kind of thing. I'm personally not a fan because there's usually a large time investment required in mastering them, and while there is single player content to them it's really just an extended tutorial.

I'm a little concerned that the inevitable Mario Golf for the Switch (Super Mario Golf?) is gonna load itself full of this stuff too, and I really hope it doesn't. I sucked in the multiplayer tournaments but I really enjoyed the single player parts of Mario Golf: World Tour. I prefer sports games that take design cues from puzzle games, not fighting ones.

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

I'm excited to get the Genesis collection.

The last Sonic game I played was 2 so I don't give a poo poo about 3 or up missing.

I wish they had Strider in the pack :( that's seriously the one that would make it absolutely perfect, it was the system-seller for me back when it came out.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

please avoid posting any known sexpest aris content in the future ty and god bless

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Andrast posted:

A console without a rest mode is worthless imo

The Switch has spoiled the poo poo out of me in that regard. Quickly jumping in and out of games at any time is an amazing feature that deserves more praise.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

The Switch has spoiled the poo poo out of me in that regard. Quickly jumping in and out of games at any time is an amazing feature that deserves more praise.

The other two have had it since... launch and a year after launch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

American McGay posted:

ARMS is cool and good and if you're too poor to afford it that's not their fault sorry.

:agreed: