Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Battlefield 4 and Battlefield 1 are both much better than this game, that’s my hot take.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

RCarr posted:

Battlefield 4 and Battlefield 1 are both much better than this game, that’s my hot take.

I played BF1 since release and yeah it was fun out of the gates, even with its flaws.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
I really like building fortifications even if they're useless sometimes.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I dont think this game isnt fun.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

humpthewind posted:

I really like building fortifications even if they're useless sometimes.

I like how if a grenade explodes on the other side of them, the blast still kills you.

I don't think DICE understands what a wall of sandbags is supposed to protect you from.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
There’s people online who are saying that the devs should compensate people with free deluxe edition upgrades because the patch got delayed.

What exact species of brainworms causes people to think like this?

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Update withheld because at the last moment the devs thought the tank war story melee unlock for multiplayer being swinging the little hitler youth kid around like a club was unbalanced.

WALLGOD
May 3, 2006
WALLS FOR THE WALLGOD

The Bananana posted:

I dont think this game isnt fun.

This.

I do wish they would get rid of the giant text that pops up at the top of the screen though.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

e.pilot posted:

I played BF1 since release and yeah it was fun out of the gates, even with its flaws.

:same: I feel this is a poorer version of BF1. Honestly I wish they'd done something different like make a sequel to 2142 rather than have back to back historical games but I guess WWI and WWII share many of the same assets.

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.
Going to go ahead and join the chorus here, the game was pretty disappointing, no way in hell was it a AU$90 game, maybe 40. Maps felt claustrophobic, barely ever noticed tanks on the map because for some reason a ww2 game won't let teams have more than 2 each in some maps, 1 in others, and those tanks go bye bye very easy, same with the planes. Feels too easy to get killed, like the bullets do too much damage, not enough maps and guns imo.

Sounds like a bunch of bitching and complaining but there are definitely things I did like, the guns felt fun to shoot, I actually don't mind limited ammunition for tanks, just like BF1 this one sounds amazing, being able to revive squad mates and build sand bags/turrets is really great. Good thing I managed to get a refund, I think i'll wait for the next few maps to get added and pray the price goes down.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I blame Battlefront for BFV. Battlefront has always been the arcade version of bf for players that only wanted pewpewpew and did not cared for anything else. Is also infamous for the current unlocking economy BFV uses that is inspired by Free to play games (you unlock weapons upgrades with currency).

Somehow instead of making battlefront more strategic, they haven transfered the arcade ideas to BF.

Maybe there was no other option because they where forced to reuse stuff to be able to delivery something. BFV need all the nuances and cool poo poo back.

Their failure to sell this game is because they failed to show the cool poo poo we are acustimed in BF.

Also, I am jealous you guys enjoying this. I hope to join you guys once they add the missing parts.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Fanatic posted:

:same: I feel this is a poorer version of BF1. Honestly I wish they'd done something different like make a sequel to 2142 rather than have back to back historical games but I guess WWI and WWII share many of the same assets.

There we go, the reason I didn’t buy this game. From trailer #1 I knew it was gonna be a one-way ticket to reused assets-ville. There really isn’t anything unique about this game.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

The games end up being so drastically different after release.

I don’t know why so many of you have already made up your minds.

I think it’s got a great core concept that needs a bit of tweaking.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
BF1 wasn't really good until They Shall Not Pass.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

There we go, the reason I didn’t buy this game. From trailer #1 I knew it was gonna be a one-way ticket to reused assets-ville. There really isn’t anything unique about this game.

It doesn’t look or play or sound like BF1. It’s not a reused asset game.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I'm fairly certain that a bunch of the buildings and castle walls/rubble are lifted out of BF1.

I'm not going to expect them to create french farmhouses that are slightly different from the ones from 30 years prior.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".
I don't care so much about re-using assets, but it sucks to see so many guns and gadgets carried over. Yeah I understand many of the same guns were still in use at the time, but there were so many weird and cool guns in WW2 that it would have been nice to see some different ones.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

sunday at work posted:

BF1 wasn't really good until They Shall Not Pass.

Yeah I think people are really forgetting a lot of the problems BF1 had at launch

Hellriegls and A-10 hunters that dominated every short range map; support guns that were pretty bad across the board, trench fighters would devastate infantry while bombers could fly at max height and safely bomb AA positions (which didn’t respawn), etc

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Painful Dart Bomb posted:

I don't care so much about re-using assets, but it sucks to see so many guns and gadgets carried over. Yeah I understand many of the same guns were still in use at the time, but there were so many weird and cool guns in WW2 that it would have been nice to see some different ones.

I think the plan is to drip feed it to us via the free updates.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Yeah I think people are really forgetting a lot of the problems BF1 had at launch

Hellriegls and A-10 hunters that dominated every short range map; support guns that were pretty bad across the board, trench fighters would devastate infantry while bombers could fly at max height and safely bomb AA positions (which didn’t respawn), etc

Right it was a dream come true!!!

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Painful Dart Bomb posted:

I enjoy that from BFV, ... the new goofy tanks and that stuff. The V-rocket really add something to the game that feel terrifying and alien.

(*insert negative comment here*)

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Also the grenade spam at launch in BF1 was actually the worst it’s ever been in a battlefield game and BFV basically solved it so I’m giving V points for that category

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Beastie posted:

The games end up being so drastically different after release.

I don’t know why so many of you have already made up your minds.

I think it’s got a great core concept that needs a bit of tweaking.

BF4 and BF1 were both good at launch. Sure they had some problems but they were fun as hell, right from the start. This game at launch is not even near the same level as BF4/BF1 at launch. It's a step back in nearly every aspect. I'm not saying it's a terrible game, it's just a disappointment by battlefield standards. Hopefully they patch it up and it becomes more fun, but I don't see it ever being as good as BF4/BF1.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I like this game a lot more than 1

Please add me to butt on PSN my name is Online_and_Nice

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

It really feels like since the Battlefront 2 loot boxes debacle people do nothing but poo poo on any game that doesn't let them freely unlock anything and everything without any grind or requirements of any sort. It's really loving annoying. Oh, boo hoo, I have to actually play the game if I want to unlock every specialization for every gun all at once. Oh no! So tired of the negativity that pervades "gamer culture" these days.

explosivo posted:

So, Origin access; I can pay $5 for a month and play this game all I want, right?

No, BFV is only part of Origin Access Premium. Origin Access Basic gets you a 10 hour trial, but does give you BF1 and 4

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

GoGoGadget posted:

It really feels like since the Battlefront 2 loot boxes debacle people do nothing but poo poo on any game that doesn't let them freely unlock anything and everything without any grind or requirements of any sort. It's really loving annoying. Oh, boo hoo, I have to actually play the game if I want to unlock every specialization for every gun all at once. Oh no! So tired of the negativity that pervades "gamer culture" these days.

No, BFV is only part of Origin Access Premium. Origin Access Basic gets you a 10 hour trial, but does give you BF1 and 4

Yeah I found this out today. $15 for a month isn't quite as much of a slam dunk as $5 but still not bad if I want to get my fill of Battlefield.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

One thing I really like more than I did on BF1 are the attack/defend gamemodes and I find myself playing those alot more than Conquest. Since players are less bullet spongey it makes a huge difference to have fronts where enemies are coming from roughly the same direction, similar to how Red Orchestra works.

Otherwise in Conquest you're getting shot in the back alot without enough HP to turn and react. Also the fortifying in attack/defend is fun and useful.

I hope the new map coming out is good!

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

I am loving the gunplay and some of the maps, but there is definitely a lot of room for improvement. I like it a lot but on top of the limited content, there are so many gamebreaking bugs right now. I really hope an update comes soon that fixes frontlines because almost every game I've played got bugged out at the bomb portion and went on forever. BF1 got me really into the large non-conquest game modes and right now the only one worth playing is Breakthrough which is getting a little old, especially since it seems like most of the players are just using that mode to try to complete assignments and not actually ptfo.

I would love to see a return of BF1's Operations mode, along with all the later-war factions and the Pacific theater, but I am super nervous that they are just going to abandon all of that poo poo. I definitely think there are the bones of a great game here and I still enjoy it, but I am worried.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

Hot Diggity! posted:

I like this game a lot more than 1

Please add me to butt on PSN my name is Online_and_Nice

It’s been so long I don’t even remember so maybe someone can correct me but I think you can only apply to platoons through the companion app. I don’t think there are invites. I made a couple open spots so there’s room if you apply.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Rorobb posted:

I would love to see a return of BF1's Operations mode, along with all the later-war factions and the Pacific theater, but I am super nervous that they are just going to abandon all of that poo poo. I definitely think there are the bones of a great game here and I still enjoy it, but I am worried.

BFV already has (Grand) Operations mode though? It's my favourite gamemode and they did a good job tying how well your team goes into the narrative & next day bonuses aswell as incorporating the other gamemodes into it.

If it turns out to be a stalemate after 3 days it goes to Final Stand where you get one life and the the playable area gets smaller :derp:

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Rorobb posted:

I am loving the gunplay and some of the maps, but there is definitely a lot of room for improvement. I like it a lot but on top of the limited content, there are so many gamebreaking bugs right now. I really hope an update comes soon that fixes frontlines because almost every game I've played got bugged out at the bomb portion and went on forever. BF1 got me really into the large non-conquest game modes and right now the only one worth playing is Breakthrough which is getting a little old, especially since it seems like most of the players are just using that mode to try to complete assignments and not actually ptfo.

I’m honestly curious what bug you’re getting that is “game breaking”

Also like, all the pearl clutching over the live service is getting really annoying. It will either happen or it won’t, you can’t do anything about it, and it’s way to early to make a judgement call. But the first drop of the live service was delayed, but they were totally transparent and admitted it was because the update was introducing bugs. They busted their rear end to fix it, did, and it’s only delayed by 24 hours. Seems like the process works.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Anyone one right now?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Do slugs not work like in BF1? All they seemed to do was make the buckshot have a few extra feet on their effective range.

Edit: Do not get slugs. Turns the shotgun into a lovely rifle rather than a really good one like in BF1.

Jimbot fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Dec 5, 2018

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Hey I’m going to on tonight after I get out of work. Gotta smoke a bowl first tho. Should be like 11:30-12:00 central time. Xbone, gt= CASTLE BR4V0

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Man AA Tanks are basically useless against bombers.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

ZeusCannon posted:

Man AA Tanks are basically useless against bombers.

Yeah, it’s getting fixed in the patch

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

Julius CSAR posted:

I’m honestly curious what bug you’re getting that is “game breaking”

Also like, all the pearl clutching over the live service is getting really annoying. It will either happen or it won’t, you can’t do anything about it, and it’s way to early to make a judgement call. But the first drop of the live service was delayed, but they were totally transparent and admitted it was because the update was introducing bugs. They busted their rear end to fix it, did, and it’s only delayed by 24 hours. Seems like the process works.

More times than not, the bombs would stop showing up in frontlines or grand operations and the game would just go on forever. I’ve only played each a few times because it was so annoying so maybe I just got unlucky with how much it happened, but they acknowledged it in the patch notes so hopefully it’s not an issue anymore.

Don’t get me wrong, I really like the game

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Auxiliary Treats posted:

It’s been so long I don’t even remember so maybe someone can correct me but I think you can only apply to platoons through the companion app. I don’t think there are invites. I made a couple open spots so there’s room if you apply.

You can look them up and request to join. Just need the name

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

Hot Diggity! posted:

You can look them up and request to join. Just need the name

Butt Clan, my dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Rorobb posted:

More times than not, the bombs would stop showing up in frontlines or grand operations and the game would just go on forever. I’ve only played each a few times because it was so annoying so maybe I just got unlucky with how much it happened, but they acknowledged it in the patch notes so hopefully it’s not an issue anymore.

Don’t get me wrong, I really like the game

That’s weird I have honestly never seen that.

I have seen a recon place his spawn becon where one of the bombs spawn to prevent it from spawning. That was stupid