Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Stymie posted:

"i hate joy and pleasure and quality so i deliberately avoid nintendo games and gaming platforms"

gamers truly are the worst, why deny yourself good things?

I think it's because ol' Peterson said they aren't manly if they don't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

Peterson is what a 13 year old who was aged up by 30 years with a machine would sound like.

like it's a comedy movie where a 13 year old trades bodies with is respected professor father and everything he says is awful and stupid but he has a phd so people listen anyway.

that's Peterson

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

SRQ posted:

Peterson is what a 13 year old who was aged up by 30 years with a machine would sound like.

like it's a comedy movie where a 13 year old trades bodies with is respected professor father and everything he says is awful and stupid but he has a phd so people listen anyway.

that's Peterson

does he vape?

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

i don't seek out old games that I never played due to never owning a nintendo console, just because hot topic sells a line of merchandise based on them. I also don't quote people who should not be quoted.

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

syscall girl posted:

does he vape?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO-F3HemD1o

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
I love old games. Old PC games, not whatever Nintendo did at the time.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Linguica posted:

i don't seek out old games that I never played due to never owning a nintendo console, just because hot topic sells a line of merchandise based on them. I also don't quote people who should not be quoted.

lol you do know that nintendo makes games nowadays, right grampa? jesus christ and a hot topic dig in 2018

i am constantly reminded how old yosposters are

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

nintendo games have always been top tier. ths is undisputed fact

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I have played a couple of zeldas

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Chris Knight posted:

I have played a couple of zeldas

help computer

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Krankenstyle posted:

help computer

your operating system is in a different tower :histdowns:

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

syscall girl posted:

your operating system is in a different tower :histdowns:
it is also, and i cant stress this enough, a piece of poo poo

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Stymie posted:

lol you do know that nintendo makes games nowadays, right grampa? jesus christ and a hot topic dig in 2018

i am constantly reminded how old yosposters are

we're only ever going to get older

mystes
May 31, 2006

Nintendo just needs to license their IP for NES themed retirement homes.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

FMguru posted:

it is also, and i cant stress this enough, a piece of poo poo

I thought that was a given

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
I have like 5 copies of ocarina of time. I have every software revision plus a gold cart. oot and mm remain two of the best games ever made and a lot of modern adventure games owe their existence to them.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

lol https://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-building-chromium-powered-web-browser-windows-10

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
ugh. that's the litterral worst

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

imagine caring this much about browsers and also listing opera as a competitive browser

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Shaggar posted:

ugh. that's the litterral worst

right into my loving veins

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

ocarina is good

but links awakening is better

i will die on this hill

mystes
May 31, 2006

Jesus christ after all the effort they're going to throw out everything and gently caress everything up by ensuring chromium browsers have even more market share?

At this point if people aren't using edge it's not because of problems with it's engine for crying out loud.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
well, maybe this guy's wrong, i mean his proclamation of edge's death is based on some chromium commits by ms devs, so you know

Fiedler
Jun 29, 2002

I, for one, welcome our new mouse overlords.

turns out this isn't 1997 and there's no competitive advantage to owning the rendering engine.

the unfortunate part is that edge's bugs are all in the stupid loving uwp layer, which will undoubtedly continue to suck once pressed into service as a wrapper for chromium.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
like, i fully expect ms to do the dumbest most wasteful thing in any circumstance, but maybe ditching edge for chromium isn't the most coherent choice

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

infernal machines posted:

well, maybe this guy's wrong, i mean his proclamation of edge's death is based on some chromium commits by ms devs, so you know

I would honestly be surprised if it was

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

ocarina is good

i will die on this hill

I'd put them about the same level. awakening is a very different style of game from the n64 entries so I don't really think they can be compared apples to apples.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Last Chance posted:

right into my loving veins

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

jit bull transpile posted:

I'd put them about the same level. awakening is a very different style of game from the n64 entries so I don't really think they can be compared apples to apples.

i never played ocarina of time until like 2012, whereas i played link's awakening when it was new

that probably accounts for my love of link's awakening. ocarina is good though.

i love wind waker too.

link's awakening doesnt have the damned water temple tho soooo

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

i never played ocarina of time until like 2012, whereas i played link's awakening when it was new

that probably accounts for my love of link's awakening. ocarina is good though.

i love wind waker too.

link's awakening doesnt have the damned water temple tho soooo

people who hate water temple were stupid children

my favorite thing about oot is the art direction. unlike other early 3d games it didn't try for realism and as a result it still holds up stylistically today while most other titles of the era are eye searingly ugly.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

ocarina is good

i will die on this island

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

jit bull transpile posted:

people who hate water temple were stupid children

my favorite thing about oot is the art direction. unlike other early 3d games it didn't try for realism and as a result it still holds up stylistically today while most other titles of the era are eye searingly ugly.

hell yeah, wind waker is the same way, it still looks really nice, even w/out running it in like 4k in dolphin or whatever.

i played wind waker with my gba hooked up and everything because im a huge nerd it seems

i gotta admit i still haven't played majora's mask tho. it's on my list of stuff to play but so is, like, hundreds of other games

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
official legend of zelda hierarchy

god tier:
majora's mask
wind waker
link to the past
link between worlds

great tier:
ocarina of time
breath of the wild
link's awakening
skyward sword

good tier:
oracles
twilight princess
minish cap

fair tier:
phantom hourglass
spirit tracks
original loz

bad tier:
cdi zelda games

trash tier:
adventure of link
four swords
tri force heroes

Stymie fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Dec 4, 2018

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

the crap zelda games were on the philips cdi not the 3do

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

the 3do had different garbage games

but no garbage zelda games

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

the crap zelda games were on the philips cdi not the 3do

thank you, edited appropriately

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
stymie is it ok to be the kind of programmer who works on zelda games

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

DELETE CASCADE posted:

stymie is it ok to be the kind of programmer who works on zelda games

working on nintendo games expiates the shame and evil of being a programmer though engaging in such a holy endeavor

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

hell yeah, wind waker is the same way, it still looks really nice, even w/out running it in like 4k in dolphin or whatever.

i played wind waker with my gba hooked up and everything because im a huge nerd it seems

i gotta admit i still haven't played majora's mask tho. it's on my list of stuff to play but so is, like, hundreds of other games

majoras mask is the best one. some of the stories in that one still make me tear up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

infernal machines posted:

notably microsoft ships a chromium edge on android already, which explains commits without necessarily suggesting it gets brought to windows

i'd hope they are not dropping edge for simple ecosystem health reasons