Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

R. Guyovich posted:

i miss the good old days when disney used to stand for something, like...uh....like...
...racism?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzf277YVMyg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

live with fruit posted:

Remember when Jon Favreau made a movie about not wanting to be a soulless sellout, and then followed it up with Jungle Book and Lion King remakes and a Star Wars show?

chef is about the uncompromising will of a white man to repackage cuban food and sell it at a premium, with the doe-eyed approval of his ridiculously attractive love interests and a family and staff who exist solely to serve his vision, and in defiance of anyone who would dare suggest his work is anything less than perfection. his food truck is literally named "el jefe." chef loving sucks.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Trailer for Happy Death Day 2U is out and yeah looks fun again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeXqWDFJZiw

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Trailer for Happy Death Day 2U is out and yeah looks fun again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeXqWDFJZiw

Wow, they're going right back into the first movie's setting. I hope it's fun again. Lead actress was really good in the first one.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
There's some new dialogue and footage in the Chinese trailer for Aquaman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuSbq40hYDQ

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Poison Ivy is in Aquaman?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

clown shoes posted:

What? Where do you get that? Are you talking about Mera?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

clown shoes posted:

yes

e:^^keep up

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Proteus Jones posted:

What? Where do you get that? Are you talking about Mera?

Apparently so. Just googled Mera, she really does look like Poison Ivy. I hadn't noticed the scales on her costume.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

davidspackage posted:

Wow, they're going right back into the first movie's setting. I hope it's fun again. Lead actress was really good in the first one.

Her mental breakdown in the new trailer is very good.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

5 minutes till premier of new Captain Marvel trailer on ESPN

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Dec 4, 2018

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

It's on the twitter.
https://twitter.com/captainmarvel/status/1069784569975517184

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I chuckled at the last moment but the rest of it looked painfully generic. Like a less ambitious Green Lantern.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

I thought some of Brie Larson’s delivery sounded kind of flat, reminded me of Chris Pratt in the first Jurassic World trailer.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Looked fun, but the music was way too 'epic', like some Avengers 3 offcuts when it could've been a bit quirkier.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

clown shoes posted:

I thought some of Brie Larson’s delivery sounded kind of flat, reminded me of Chris Pratt in the first Jurassic World trailer.

Yeah, I want this to be good, but she's not making it sound very compelling.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
It looks very, 'counter-Insurgency asset goes native (lmao owned).' If it's a Marvel pol-mil thriller, I'm going to be very happy.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
I like Larson, the costumes and the setting (80s hasn't quite been done to death yet), but yeah, other than that it's not doing much for me. A big part of that is even as a comic geek I've never been a fan of "cosmic" heroes and space battle type stuff.

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Not my Mar-Vell! :mad:

But a different, possibly also cool Carol, who flies jets with her best buddy Monica Rambeau.

I honestly hope it does well, because 1) Brie is rocking that costume, 2) Carol deserves a personality, 3) I want my nieces to have kick-rear end inspiring woman to look up to

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."
Captain Marvel looks fun but a whole trailer without a clear villain character raises concerns for me.

not trolled not crying
Jan 29, 2007

21st Century Awezome Man
Whoever color corrected the movie must have fallen asleep on the beige button and just let it be like that. I guess it fits since beige is as lifeless color as the movie seems to be. Other than the fact that this is a character people supposedly like from the comics and are happy to see the film just by default, what exactly is there to be excited about? I'm not hating just for the sake of it, but that looks generic and tiresome even on a Marvel level, like that's some Green Lantern poo poo, just without the color and someone like Reynolds giving at least a half of a poo poo.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
This cosmic poo poo seems like a hard sell when you're not going balls out with bright colors like Guardians of the Galaxy. This character seems like it would benefit from piggybacking on another Marvel movie's success.

I noticed Djimon Hounsou is in this one, is he reprising his generic Ronan underling character from Guardians 1, or does he get to do something?

edit: imdb says yes, he is Korath again.

davidspackage fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Dec 4, 2018

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Based on the first trailer I thought they were going for her having PTSD

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They really should have went with Kamala Khan. This looks like such a yawn fest.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

In my head I keep confusing Brie Larson with Alison Brie and thinking it over, they picked the wrong Brie for this film.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Gravy Jones posted:

the costumes and the setting (80s hasn't quite been done to death yet)

O_o
o_O
O_O

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

R. Guyovich posted:

i miss the good old days when disney used to stand for something, like...uh....like...

Aggressive litigation and blackballing.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

BBC One's Watership Down trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3gQ117IKkM

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

This looks like it was made in Source Filmmaker

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003

ghostwritingduck posted:

Captain Marvel looks fun but a whole trailer without a clear villain character raises concerns for me.

It's because they're concealing the twist that Jude Law and or Annette Benning is the villain behind it all.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

ghostwritingduck posted:

The whole point of the Skrulls is that they're shapeshifters who infiltrate societies as the first stage of their conquest programme. The first half of this is spelled out explicitly at the start of the trailer.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

James Woods posted:

It's because they're concealing the twist that Jude Law and or Annette Benning is the villain behind it all.

Jude Law is allegedly Mar-Vell.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Ben Mendelsohn is in the movie playing a skrull, I wonder if he's a villain :abrathink:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Hakkesshu posted:

Ben Mendelsohn is in the movie playing a skrull, I wonder if he's a villain :abrathink:

That’s been his gig for a while now. It pays pretty well, apparently.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
The climactic fight will be the with Skrull Queen in the form of an old lady after having fought her way to the bridge of the mothership through a gauntlet of her elite guard in the forms of 100 old ladies.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Jedit posted:

The whole point of the Skrulls is that they're shapeshifters who infiltrate societies as the first stage of their conquest programme. The first half of this is spelled out explicitly at the start of the trailer.

At least now there's context for her punching that old lady.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Gonz posted:

That’s been his gig for a while now. It pays pretty well, apparently.

Alan Rickman left big shoes to fill

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

davidspackage posted:

At least now there's context for her punching that old lady.

Yeah, we can all breathe a sigh of relief that Captain Marvel doesn't just assault innocent geriatrics for fun.

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003

Gonz posted:

Funny because I've been saying ever since this movie was announced that the villain will be a former ally with identical powers. The former ally thing I inferred mostly from casting but the identical power thing has been a Marvel Origin movie trope that so far includes Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk, Ant Man, Dr. Strange, Black Panther, and Venom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Gonz posted:

Nope. Yon-Rogg