Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

friendbot2000 posted:

I have said for the longest time that Pence is involved somewhere. We hardly remember the situation with Flynn because it feels like a million years ago, but he was somehow involved in that clusterfuck. He was also chosen at Manafort's behest so hands down there is something there because...cmon...Manafort.

I've been saying this entire time, anything that takes Trump down also takes Pence.

Oh poo poo top of page pet tax. Here's one of my rear end in a top hat cats tearing up my couch and pretending to stop when I notice him

Ate My Balls Redux fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Dec 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Kai Tave posted:

I have never lived in Wisconsin and I have no friends or family there but I know it's been stuck with a lot of lovely politicians for a long time and I'm glad to see that people are out in force making their voices heard over this latest round of ratfuckery.

I'm a lifelong Wisconsinite. We don't take this poo poo sitting down and we never have.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Pence would have been involved in ignoring Michael Flynn's conflicts and lying about it.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Stung by rejection from a prospective love interest, the spurned would-be beau finds solace using unconventional method

*tweets photo of grisly murder scene*

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/mbaram/status/1069809067277893633

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

friendbot2000 posted:

The thing that Republicans who are trying these blatant power grabs is that though they have risen the Sword of Damocles and maybe reinforced that horsehair a bit, the people, when pushed far enough will break and upturn their system. I think the fatal flaw of fascists is hubris. What happened to all those autocrats before I will not possibly happen to me. I am far too smart for that. Only when the mob drags them out of their home with torches and pitchforks does the enormity of their hubris start to dawn on them.

You know the mobs with pitchforks came out for about 1% of all fascists in human history, right? Fascists get away with living the high life until they die in luxury a lot more than they get torn apart by the people they've harmed.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

I don't get these people who are married and have such fundamentally opposing values that one shits on the other's job all day tbh

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1069933278612938752

Folks, we're the real Amazing Race.

https://twitter.com/Porter_Anderson/status/1069931321651314690

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

I don't get these people who are married and have such fundamentally opposing values that one shits on the other's job all day tbh

Some people think that drama is love.

Alternatively maybe he's waiting for her to be indicted before filing for divorce 😂😂

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It's so weird, he bitches about The Amazing Race, but that is the same title he gave his presidential agenda

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

FizFashizzle posted:

Pence would have been involved in ignoring Michael Flynn's conflicts and lying about it.

i'd totally forgotten about this one

https://twitter.com/matthewamiller/status/1069947164850298885

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Random Stranger posted:

You know the mobs with pitchforks came out for about 1% of all fascists in human history, right? Fascists get away with living the high life until they die in luxury a lot more than they get torn apart by the people they've harmed.

Honestly, it's partly because the rich now have the capacity to rescue these assholes by granting them asylum. That and propaganda has gotten a lot more effective and targeted to initiate the bread and circuses on a massive scale. Distraction has been turned into an art form. Those tools were not as readily available to the autocrats of yore at least not on the scale of today.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

conway's annoying because he's party to the rise of trump. pretty sure he's a member of the federalist society and is buddies with tradcath fascist leo leo.

not joseph stalin
Dec 30, 2008

Lol at Trump standing up before the winner was called. Way to go, you Derek Zoolander wanna be fat gently caress.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

And remember, after they had apparently learned about it, they waited 16 days (i think, it was 73 years ago) before doing anything about it.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Groovelord Neato posted:

conway's annoying because he's party to the rise of trump. pretty sure he's a member of the federalist society and is buddies with tradcath fascist leo leo.

he's not just a member he was an elite, prominent enough to be considered for solicitor general

he's definitely more than just a party to the rise of trump, he was part of the core group that made it happen but has cold feet now

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
For real though could you imagine being married to someone, disagreeing on a primal level with their career choice, and just tweeting venom at them all day instead of like... a divorce?

Is this some kind of Internet BDSM thing?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1069940317523193856

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Well that is surely something

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

eke out posted:

he's not just a member he was an elite, prominent enough to be considered for solicitor general

he's definitely more than just a party to the rise of trump, he was part of the core group that made it happen but has cold feet now

I loving hate how they frame these people as having "buyers remorse". No, they are still garbo fascists that need to be tossed into the dustbin of history. You don't get to rehabilitate that way after deliberately engineering the rise of Trump.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

It's so weird, he bitches about The Amazing Race, but that is the same title he gave his presidential agenda

The Amazing Racist.

No doubt in my mind that he prizes a reality TV Emmy way above a Nobel Prize.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ahahaha when he wandered away from the car after getting off the plane I remember the old GBS trump's fine thread insisting the entire runway was surrounded by cars

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I've been saying this entire time, anything that takes Trump down also takes Pence.

Oh poo poo top of page pet tax. Here's one of my rear end in a top hat cats tearing up my couch and pretending to stop when I notice him

I love him!!!!!!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

friendbot2000 posted:

I loving hate how they frame these people as having "buyers remorse". No, they are still garbo fascists that need to be tossed into the dustbin of history. You don't get to rehabilitate that way after deliberately engineering the rise of Trump.

yeah leonard leo is worse than trump by nearly every measure but conway can still be buddy buddy with him. gently caress off georgie boy.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

My cat puts her claws IN the couch and looks at me to threaten me. PET ME OR THE COUCH GETS IT.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

remusclaw posted:

I envy the French for their periodic habit of going, "this government sucks, lets form a new one." Nonstop revolution baby.

I guess. With the exception of 4 and 5, there was always a monarchy or fascist state between those. That seems like a bad thing.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Dec 4, 2018

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pollyanna posted:

I love him!!!!!!

His name is Hamilton and yes I named him after Alexander Hamilton because of the musical and yes that is my only neoliberal behavior don't hate me thread

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

His name is Hamilton and yes I named him after Alexander Hamilton because of the musical and yes that is my only neoliberal behavior don't hate me thread

It could be worse. I named mine Jet cause he’s black.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Pollyanna posted:

Still better than HP Lovecrafts cat

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

friendbot2000 posted:

I have said for the longest time that Pence is involved somewhere. We hardly remember the situation with Flynn because it feels like a million years ago, but he was somehow involved in that clusterfuck. He was also chosen at Manafort's behest so hands down there is something there because...cmon...Manafort.

I agree but I think it will end up in being some sort of weird denialble bullshit where he knew about some of it but not enough bad poo poo.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

Your Taint posted:

I'm a lifelong Wisconsinite. We don't take this poo poo sitting down and we never have.

Agreed. Wisconsin and MN have a sort of Super Twins Unite mentality when it comes to this kind of thing. We don't do with this kind of overt totalitarian nonsense partially because of the proximity to Canada, but also because of how blue collar we are and really loving hate being told what to do. As a MN gal, you have our utmost support, and we hope you beat some rear end.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I think Trump is developing a fat hump on his back so he can travel long distances

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pollyanna posted:

if I get another top of the page I will post this great pic I have of him as a kitten, roaring at my camera. It's fantastic, I'll never take a better picture in my life.

Ok back to politics to not eat a 6er. Trump hates black cats

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Your Taint posted:

*Except for 2011, 2012, 2014, and 2016.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

yronic heroism posted:

*Except for 2011, 2012, 2014, and 2016.

This is really unfair. I remember the Wisconsin outrage over Walker's poo poo. You can't blame the citzenry for gerrymandering

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

if I get another top of the page I will post this great pic I have of him as a kitten, roaring at my camera. It's fantastic, I'll never take a better picture in my life.

Ok back to politics to not eat a 6er. Trump hates black cats

He hates all pets. He thinks they are classless or some poo poo.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Jealous Cow posted:

https://twitter.com/NYTNational/status/1069796439780454400

This feels like it crosses a line.

Edit: the phrasing in the tweet, that is.

I was listening to NPR on the way in this morning (Because there was nothing better) and they had some political professor on who was talking about it. He went on to mention that Democrats have done the same thing in the past, though not as blatantly, but for some strange reason didn't actually name any specific events.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Pollyanna posted:

Our black cat is named Midnight. We are not creative.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1069953255231381504

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Well that is surely something

please assure me this a parody