Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Stefan Prodan posted:

Okay I figured it out!

Apparently I didn't realize that the dual shock can both be connected to a PS4 and a PC at a the same time?

So I plugged it into my computer to use for poo poo, must have accidentally hit the PS4 button, and all my inputs were going downstairs to my PS4 also?

So I guess I didn't get hacked but hopefully they will still refund me since I didn't mean to buy this stuff

it says online you can get a refund if you never downloaded it but when I went downstairs I had apparently already made secret of mana download :negative:

Impressive flub. Definitely don't do a chargeback or your PSN account will be permabanned along with everything it owns.

I think you're probably OK if you've never requested a refund before and don't have any trophies on your PSN profile for those games.

Also there's a setting with PSN where you mandate password entry any time you do something that costs money (so no password for downloading PS+ or other free things) so you'll definitely want that activated going forward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I only like dunkey reviews because they're funny and usually pretty accurate. If I want to buy a game but I'm in two minds I just ask here.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Lambert posted:

Easy Allies also have a second podcast, Frame Trap. It has a more laid back vibe. Maybe something you'd be interested in as well.

CrRoMa posted:

I recommend Kinda Funny if you need to watch grown men spewing praise and admiration on whatevers popular that week :circlefap:

A better and easier option for that is just staying here and reading my posts.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

JBP posted:

I only like dunkey reviews because they're funny and usually pretty accurate. If I want to buy a game but I'm in two minds I just ask here.

Dunkey's hilarious! I had no idea there were other youtube channels out there mimicking his style, such a cheap way to get views.

I also pretty much rely on all of ya'll when it comes to reading opinions on games I might be interested in. I would much rather get an opinion from someone that had to spend their own money on a game, rather than someone who got a free copy.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Stefan Prodan posted:

So like the games were downloaded I guess from my inputs, I was playing Street fighter on steam upstairs. I didnt launch either one and I cancelled the dq download before it finished but Mana was so small it had finished already although I deleted it before it ever got launched

Your random button mashing has really good taste.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

CrRoMa posted:

Yeah its super lame when people develop their own thoughts and opinions :allears:

I recommend Kinda Funny if you need to watch grown men spewing praise and admiration on whatevers popular that week :circlefap:

I get enough attention-seeking grumpy old man opinions just by clicking on this thread. And sometimes they’re even funny!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Kinda surprised that the digital edition of Persona 4: Dancing All Night's exclusive to the Endless Night Collection. Just seems like Atlus is needlessly shooting themselves in the foot, considering it's one of...two?... good Vita exclusives that hadn't gotten ported yet and the P3 and P5 games have proper digital releases.

Now give us Persona 4 Golden, you cowards. Or add even more content and call it Persona 4 Platinum. Either way, give it, dammit!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Any fellow Brits not have a PSVR yet?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PlayStation-VR-Mega-Pack-PS4/dp/B07K9MHWHW

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Since we're recommending stuff, I've been on the Easy Allies train since day one and was heartbroken when GT closed before that. That said, the best channel/podcast I've found in years is Funhaus. I got recommended them early this year from SA's Howard Stern thread of all places.

They're all about improv and every hour long session of gameplay they play is edited down to daily 10-15min with tons of funny editing for nice bite-sized chunks if you're a busy goon on the go, like me. Their recent Enter the Matrix video is great and they have, I think, 3 weekly podcasts if you want more longform stuff.

And lastly and most importantly not to sound gay or anything but they're all loving JACKED and hot as gently caress and they have the biggest cocks.

There's also a dog. Go check em out, grandpa would never steer you wrong. I got too much street cred.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Kinda surprised that the digital edition of Persona 4: Dancing All Night's exclusive to the Endless Night Collection. Just seems like Atlus is needlessly shooting themselves in the foot, considering it's one of...two?... good Vita exclusives that hadn't gotten ported yet and the P3 and P5 games have proper digital releases.

Now give us Persona 4 Golden, you cowards. Or add even more content and call it Persona 4 Platinum. Either way, give it, dammit!

I'd imagine it'll be like with Modern Warfare Remastered, where you couldn't buy it individually for awhile. At some point you would think they'd offer it on it's own.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Digital Foundry had a performance vid on Just Cause 4 and they said Avalanche's main goal was to avoid the technical shortcomings of 3 and DF said they have reason to believe they will deliver on this (they only got to play the pc ver tho).

I really trust DF as and they're very pro-consumer so I hope they're right. If they're not right they'll be the first to light up Square-Enix over it. I'm a huge Just Cause 3 mark and my copy of JC4 gets here today so I'll let you guys know what's up.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Watching people talk about video games would cut from my time to play video games so I don't really follow any of these people.

I do watch Giant Bomb's coverage of E3 and that one GOTY where they sold me on Titanfall2 but last year's was so terrible I'll stick with the awkward coverage of the awkward presentation.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I like to listen to podcast when i'm doing stuff like grinding in a game.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Whoa JC4 came out under the radar.

RDR2 is too big and drawing all attention while Fallout 76 draws all the aggro.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BisterdDave posted:

I'd imagine it'll be like with Modern Warfare Remastered, where you couldn't buy it individually for awhile. At some point you would think they'd offer it on it's own.

That sounds about right. Though I will say the Endless Night collection is actually pretty decent value for the price, despite how it initially appears at $170AUD. You're getting three full-price games and a neat little artbook case for cheaper than it'd be to buy the P3 and P5 dancing games separately.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That sounds about right. Though I will say the Endless Night collection is actually pretty decent value for the price, despite how it initially appears at $170AUD. You're getting three full-price games and a neat little artbook case for cheaper than it'd be to buy the P3 and P5 dancing games separately.

Oh I know, mine is arriving today! Took advantage of the Amazon pricing error a few months back.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Samuringa posted:

Watching people talk about video games would cut from my time to play video games so I don't really follow any of these people.

This exactly. Plus I just don’t find Let’s Plays or really any gaming content other than actual games interesting or fascinating in any way these days. If I was gonna listen to a podcast while gaming (or, in fact, watch a video on a gaming site’s YouTube channel) it would be a McElroy thing or something

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
After delaying the PSVR I finally bought it (thought it was gonna be some gimmick like 3D gaming) and...

Holy poo poo is this fun, started by playing Astrobot and feels like when I got my N64 in a christmas some decades ago. I just leaned in a corner and there's my shadow on the ground !

So, I'm just here moving in my bedroom with a grin on my face playing video-games like it's 1997 :allears:

Watching videos on youtube doesn't do it justice, I recommend everyone to at least try it. It sure is something else.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BisterdDave posted:

Oh I know, mine is arriving today! Took advantage of the Amazon pricing error a few months back.

I locked down a preorder on the Endless Night collection day-one because I can't resist Persona games :shepspends:.

ZZZorcerer posted:

After delaying the PSVR I finally bought it (thought it was gonna be some gimmick like 3D gaming) and...

Holy poo poo is this fun, started by playing Astrobot and feels like when I got my N64 in a christmas some decades ago. I just leaned in a corner and there's my shadow on the ground !

So, I'm just here moving in my bedroom with a grin on my face playing video-games like it's 1997 :allears:

Watching videos on youtube doesn't do it justice, I recommend everyone to at least try it. It sure is something else.

PSVR's actually pretty impressive at a technological level, considering Sony managed to put the old Move technology to work doing something worthwhile and got a console that was never designed for VR to produce high-quality graphics at a stable framerate. By all rights the individual parts slapped together shouldn't work nearly as well as they do.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
All it needs to do now is become wireless.

VR without cable fuckery would be the good poo poo

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sefal posted:

All it needs to do now is become wireless.

VR without cable fuckery would be the good poo poo

Yeah, that's not happening. Not without forking over another PS4 Pro's worth of cash, at a minimum. What you're much more likely to see for a next-gen PSVR system is an inside-out setup similar to the Windows Mixed Reality headsets.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

Giant Bomb caught the PUBG disease last year and have gone bigly up their own asses being streamer personalities instead of being interesting.

idk what this means

they streamed on their own before pubg came out tho

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the giant bomb endurance run of Yakuza 0 altered my Gaming Life permanently and now Kiryu is my friend

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Giant Bomb is real good but I almost exclusively consume the podcast content. Bombcast is good because Jeff G and co are super knowledgeable about the industry, so you often get some cool historical context for modern games and events that you might not get otherwise.

Beastcast is great because it's a silly, light Friday podcast and the cast has really great chemistry. Not much to say beyond that.

I am a premium member because they've provided me with 4-6 solid hours of entertainment a week for a long time.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

univbee posted:

Also there's a setting with PSN where you mandate password entry any time you do something that costs money (so no password for downloading PS+ or other free things) so you'll definitely want that activated going forward.

This is very important and should be enabled at all times.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Giant Bomb has a reputation of being surly old men which is definitely not unwarranted but most often it just means they are more reserved and hesitant to heap praise on something at first glance. Which tends to make it really fun when they do get super into a game.

I also happen to like their videos a lot! They do fun shows.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I don’t know who created/approved that mock up that showed the Persona games as PS2 on PS4 classics over a year ago but I certainly hope somebody stabbed them in the eye.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I'm really hoping they do another Hitsmas this year. That's always a highlight.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
https://twitch.tv/dansgaming is the best for having something on in the background.

Lambert fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Dec 4, 2018

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Schremp Howard posted:

I don’t know who created/approved that mock up that showed the Persona games as PS2 on PS4 classics over a year ago but I certainly hope somebody stabbed them in the eye.

I'm still waiting for nocturne on ps4

:negative:

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Hakkesshu posted:

Giant Bomb has a reputation of being surly old men which is definitely not unwarranted but most often it just means they are more reserved and hesitant to heap praise on something at first glance. Which tends to make it really fun when they do get super into a game.

I also happen to like their videos a lot! They do fun shows.

Eh, most of their opinions are shot from the hip. GB, in general, is not a site that takes their time to form an opinion. And Jeff only likes Call of Duty, anyways.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Lambert posted:

Eh, most of their opinions are shot from the hip. GB, in general, is not a site that takes their time to form an opinion. And Jeff only likes Call of Duty, anyways.

I don't think that's true at all. Just recently Dan did a complete 180 on Red Dead.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sefal posted:

Earlier this year the producer for SMTV said they were floating around the idea of a Nocturne remaster

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Hakkesshu posted:

I don't think that's true at all. Just recently Dan did a complete 180 on Red Dead.

lol @ bringing up Dan in this context. Also, that pretty much proves the point, from extreme love to exaggerated hate. And not much in-depth analysis of any kind. Their criticism on anything is always very surface level.

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...

Sefal posted:

PLEASE!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Earlier this year the producer for SMTV said they were floating around the idea of a Nocturne remaster
PLEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAASE!!!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

tbh doing a 180 on red dead seems par for the course. happened to a lot of people itt even

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Manatee Cannon posted:

tbh doing a 180 on red dead seems par for the course. happened to a lot of people itt even

This seems to be par for the course for almost every non-Nintendo game that gets really really high reviews at launch. Bioshock Infinite is a particularly glaring example of this.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
The only thing I don't like in RDR2 so far is when the game forces you to do some really violent abhorrent poo poo, presumably as a reminder that Arthur Morgan is a violent sociopath regardless of how nice and honorable you like to play him as (like the scene at the start of Chapter 2 where the game forces you to tap the punch button and violently beat a guy into a pulp until your pals stop you, even though you could just let him go). Those moments are quite jarring, but fortunately serve as an excellent excuse to switch tracks and play Yakuza 0, where I can be a noble heroic man that helps insecure policemen defend the streets of seedy 1980s Tokyo.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
I really like Tim Rogers from Kotaku's video reviews. The Dragon Quest one got me to try the series.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iTbUGItU0s

and the Pokemon Let's Go conversationalists guide is glorious
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gMkKe9Qhdc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Lambert posted:

lol @ bringing up Dan in this context. Also, that pretty much proves the point, from extreme love to exaggerated hate. And not much in-depth analysis of any kind. Their criticism on anything is always very surface level.

And god knows the world needs more serious critical analysis of videogames.