Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

I want to eat that now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

ded posted:

I want to eat that now.

With Japan's past, wouldn't this kind of be like if the US made a Pearl Harbor themed soup?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

GoGoGadget posted:

With Japan's past, wouldn't this kind of be like if the US made a Pearl Harbor themed soup?

One you need to eat with an extra-flat spoon because the bowl's too shallow?

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

Hey remember the migrant caravan? Strong Daddy sent a dog and pony show bunch of over-extended troops to secure the border and that was that...

eeeeeh not so much.

quote:

TIJUANA, Mexico (Reuters) - Central American migrants stuck on the threshold of the United States in Mexico breached the border fence on Monday, risking almost certain detention by U.S. authorities but hoping the illegal entry will allow them to apply for asylum.

^^^also LOL^^^

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I’m a few pages late, but you can use almost any crank can opener on the side instead of the top. You don’t have to buy a fancy opener for that, and they’ve been selling side style openers for at least 30 years now if not more.

I always got pull tops for the food truck because canopeners suck if you have to use them a ton.

I rarely use canned goods now, though.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

I'm a couple pages late to the Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez adulation, but she represents my district in Queens, and here's another reason she's cool: she was one of the no-poo poo nerds back in school. She placed second in the microbiology category of the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair, which is the largest pre-college science competition in the world.

Obviously, people like Ben Carson are proof that being well educated in one area doesn't translate to knowledge of anything else, but I just thought it was cool enough to share.

https://www.societyforscience.org/content/ssp-blog/intel-isef-alumna-headed-capitol-hill

I just got confirmation I have tomorrow off for the national day of remembrance.

Even in death, President Bush Sr. has my back.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Holy loving poo poo.
The American remake of The Thick of It is really picking up.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Buy a can opener you loving weirdos

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
https://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/broward-sheriffs-office-demotes-qanon-cop-matt-patten-10940330

That Floridian SWAT chud got booted off the team, but it's also worth checking out his other awful patches as demonstrated here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6E9VF5rbBxs

He's like some sort of old and busted looking Tony Hawk.

Immanentized fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Dec 4, 2018

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Being SWAT they replaced him with someone even worse

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Tag urselves; I’m the brightly visible American flag crusader patch directly on the opposite side of the subdued American flag patch on the fancy FAST helmet.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
I have canned tuna, clams, rotel, tomato sauce, tomatoes and more in my pantry right now.

None of them are pull tab. Not some weird brands. Starkist, bumble bee, rosalita, bush’s, hatch.

The individual serving cans of soup are pop top.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

We made the mistake of bringing non-pull tab tuna on a canoe trip with 20 people
We also made the mistake of not bringing a can opener, except for the little one on my leatherman and a buddy's swiss army

Have you ever opened 20 cans of tuna with a multitool can opener? It suuuuuuuucks. Pulltab supremacy.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

I always keep a couple cans of Blue Runner red beans around. If I am super lazy or sick and want something filling just grill some sausages in a pan or the oven, heat up can of beans, serve over rice with some tobasco or crystal, loving great.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
Goddamn it Poland.
https://earther.gizmodo.com/poland-literally-filled-an-international-climate-change-1830820392

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

just lol if you have never opened a can with a screwdriver and a rock.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

what the hell is this and where can I buy it.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

RFC2324 posted:

Or a hatchet.

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment

kurva!

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Yellow-jacket update: Guillotines up and about

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

LingcodKilla posted:

I keep a stock of tuna at work.

You're a monster

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

:frogon:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

who's gonna be american robespierre

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

EBB posted:

who's gonna be american robespierre

Guy Fieri

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
The third one is a photoshop, it was from a different event years ago.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

M_Gargantua posted:

The third one is a photoshop, it was from a different event years ago.

why do you hate fun

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

RFC2324 posted:

It took almost a hundred years to invent the can opener after the invention of canned food so you got a long history of soldiers smashing cans against rocks and stabbing them with knives with you

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
When was the last time an Italian government coalition wasn't a laughingstock?
https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/3k95bk/italy-anti-vaxx-grillo-higher-health-council

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Immanentized posted:

When was the last time an Italian government coalition wasn't a laughingstock?
https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/3k95bk/italy-anti-vaxx-grillo-higher-health-council

2nd Century.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Immanentized posted:

When was the last time Italy an Italian government coalition wasn't a laughingstock?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

He seems more like a Danton.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

God help me but I actually LIKE Guy Fieri. Not his terrible fashion sense but he seems like an actual good person and does a ton of charity work.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

MA-Horus posted:

God help me but I actually LIKE Guy Fieri. Not his terrible fashion sense but he seems like an actual good person and does a ton of charity work.

Guy Fieri is legit nice guy and did a great Hot Ones: https://youtu.be/trRc1_CATfo

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
lol if you don't live in a "sanctuary city"

Florida sheriff tries to deport a citizen born in Philly, PA to Jamaica

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/florida-keys/article222557500.html

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

DownByTheWooter posted:

lol if you don't live in a "sanctuary city"

Florida sheriff tries to deport a citizen born in Philly, PA to Jamaica

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/florida-keys/article222557500.html

It is 100% his fault he went to jail for violation of probation from his past criminal activities and using drugs. Just because your file says you were born here does not prove you were. His birth cert was given and he was released. There must have been something else that led officers to think he was not from here, otherwise most criminals would get the same treatment.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

mods changed my name posted:

It is 100% his fault he went to jail for violation of probation from his past criminal activities and using drugs. Just because your file says you were born here does not prove you were. His birth cert was given and he was released. There must have been something else that led officers to think he was not from here, otherwise most criminals would get the same treatment.

LMAO deep diving in the comments section I see

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

:iiam:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Man those "just world" guys are truly something else. Naturally the most logical conclusion is that the 50-year-old American somehow mislead officers into thinking he really belonged in Jamaica.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Source your quotes

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/AP/status/1070004136664547330?s=19

Cool

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Calm down he quoted a moron in the article comments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

orange juche posted:

Calm down he quoted a moron in the article comments.

:nallears: