Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
As a dad, I'd also like to hear more about "dad" servers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
New players get to mooch off you until they're level 18

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
That reminds me of playing EQ live in 2000 before school one morning and running around with 3 barbarians who were a dad and his two sons. The family that slays together, stays together I guess.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I love to mooch and I love to benefit from other people poopsocking. Y'all are not making a compelling case.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Sketched posted:

One option is to check out https://www.takproject.net/ It does allow for 3 boxing but you are more than welcome to box one, the community is great. The server is the real deal, not a "dad" server. Luclin just released, and the server is doing well. No corruption or poopsocking like P99!

Hmmmm, nahh. It sounds like there is no grouping besides boxing. I like the fact that p99 sorta forces your hand to group with actual players.

I don't want to goto seb and find out every camp is actually one person camping each.

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006

EVIL Gibson posted:

Hmmmm, nahh. It sounds like there is no grouping besides boxing. I like the fact that p99 sorta forces your hand to group with actual players.

I don't want to goto seb and find out every camp is actually one person camping each.

I'm looking at playing on TAKP, and one thing I saw was that there's a strong EXP bonus for getting 4th-6th members of a group. Unless it's for loot, it's always more beneficial to fill up...at least based on what I've read. There's also a 20% bonus in general.

Rolling up with there with my boxes tonight. Any goons on there able to help with a bit of starting gear/plat? Starting a RNG or ROG, BRD, SHM trio.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

gepgepgep posted:

I'm looking at playing on TAKP, and one thing I saw was that there's a strong EXP bonus for getting 4th-6th members of a group. Unless it's for loot, it's always more beneficial to fill up...at least based on what I've read. There's also a 20% bonus in general.

Rolling up with there with my boxes tonight. Any goons on there able to help with a bit of starting gear/plat? Starting a RNG or ROG, BRD, SHM trio.

I can garuntee with luclin unlocked you are not going to seb for the exp.

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006

EVIL Gibson posted:

I can garuntee with luclin unlocked you are not going to seb for the exp.

Sorry, I mean I'm rolling new toons on TAKP.tp start out tonight. I wouldn't do Seb if Velious was out...unless it was an AE group. Even then...

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
I just quit my job and I have the urge to play this again, please kick me in the balls

TypoDemon
Apr 12, 2004

Go ahead. Take it from me.
do it

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.
Sirken unremoved and everything back to normal.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311974

Even if he didn't spawn in items I don't see how you can look through that document and go yea this looks fine. Its also a joke he is pissed for finding out about it on reddit because if they brought it up anywhere else they would be immediately perma banned.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
It's an emu server run by men with teenage brains.

(Which may be the norm with emu servers, I have no idea.)

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

insider posted:

Sirken unremoved and everything back to normal.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311974

Even if he didn't spawn in items I don't see how you can look through that document and go yea this looks fine. Its also a joke he is pissed for finding out about it on reddit because if they brought it up anywhere else they would be immediately perma banned.

lmao

quote:

I would also like to address the method that this situation came to be. Personally, I'm quite pissed off that I have to find out things like this from a post on an external website. As if nobody actually thought to themself, hmm I think it would be a good idea for Rogean or Nilbog to take a look at these screenshots. For 2 years it was sit on, and instead of coming to us at any point, I stumble across them on an offsite thread. The method to report such behavior is and always has been a Forum PM to myself and/or nilbog. Do not send it on a communication medium that I haven't used for over a year, and don't bury it within a 50 page essay of all the other opinionated circumstantial disputes as if it's some surprise at the end. There's a distinctive difference between opinionated disputes ("Soandso ruled against my guild and is only banning my players") and definitive evidence of a misuse of access ("Here's proof Soandso gave away information and summoned Prismatic Weapons for someone"). The latter needs to be reported immediately and unfiltered. I don't ever want to hear that someone didn't report a serious breach of policy because "We reported raid dispute favoritism and nothing was done, why would you do something about this". I've made a lot of changes over the years to keep staff members accountable to each other, including command logs viewable on Discord for all Senior+ Guides (Even my own commands, you can see an example here). Commands alone sometimes do not show us the true intention, and for that we will always rely on the community to report suspicious behavior.

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

Rogean posted:

Regarding any past disciplinary actions, this event does not change the reasons or outcome of those decisions. I don't want to see an influx of ban appeals for people who were legitimately disciplined for breaking rules. With that said, some of the bans specific to forum rule violations, or violations relating to staff bashing in the past, may have resulted in harsher punishments for first offense than intended. We will evaluate those situations on a case by case basis. But don't get me wrong - If you are toxic to my staff, I personally believe you don't have a place here. That includes passive aggressive public comments as well (I happen to think those are worse).

Way to poo poo the bed. Sirken and the GM cabal were abusing the gently caress out of "staff bashing" bans to silence anything about Sirken's beef with <Core>. Rogean has to know this, but hey, "don't be toxic to my staff" even if you were speaking the truth or asking questions. :rolleyes:

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

The part where he talks about enforcing raid rules is kinda weird as Braknar is fine and to my knowledge everyone behaved pretty decently last week even in loving plane of fear there were like half the trains as usual.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something

this comes across as the ramblings of someone who is clinically insane

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

its my server and i'll do what i want :colbert:

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Yeah, I mean, the drama of a loving private emu server is hilarious to begin with, but Rogean's reaction there takes the cake.

If someone hadn't publicly posted it somewhere they didn't have control over, noone would have ever even heard of this nor anything else going on.

And also lol at treating reddit like "some random external website". Not that I use reddit much either, but it's not some Geocities site (it's at least Angelfire quality).

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
Does being a volunteer gm make your brain rot or does it already have to be mush to do that in your spare time?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
yeah lmao i'm not touching this anymore

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
So they're not disputing that those Skype log screenshots are real, just that they're "out of context" or something? And they're being ~misinterpreted~ because he wasn't really giving a Guise and a manastone despite it being incredibly blatantly obvious that he was doing exactly that, and conspiring to do it in such a way that would be harder to track?

lol

Dick Burglar fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Dec 4, 2018

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...
The related Sirken/staff threads are also full of bootlicking trolls that are siding with staff and encouraging them to crack down further. Also the ignorant dumbasses claiming that "Sirken can do no wrong, he helped me with my petition" or "Sirken didn't directly do anything bad to me" aren't helping. It's like these people are emotionally and intellectually stunted.

Oh well, so much for the best-emulated classic EQ server.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
The best thing I can say about this is that I've got another reason to stop myself from playing on here again. I'll take any self-control assistance I can get with holiday time-off coming up.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

aparmenideanmonad posted:

The best thing I can say about this is that I've got another reason to stop myself from playing on here again. I'll take any self-control assistance I can get with holiday time-off coming up.

Yeah, I've only been keeping an eye to see if they ever open a new server or wipe anything (since all my old characters are on red and it appears to be less playable than ever) but.. yeah that's probably never happening.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Anarch posted:

I haven't played in months but it's probably still that unless you're interested in raiding.

Like the average person isn't gonna be affected at all by most of the drama that goes on.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est

Ginette Reno posted:

I haven't played in months but it's probably still that unless you're interested in raiding.

Like the average person isn't gonna be affected at all by most of the drama that goes on.

This. It still is the only server where more than a few dozen people play, and it has very few technical glitches. They can do what they like, people will always play on it.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I kinda wish people would abandon it so they have the 2010 pop average of 200-300.

I recall the devs weren't so douchey back then. The higher server pop made them haughty and more insufferable.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

moolchaba posted:

I kinda wish people would abandon it so they have the 2010 pop average of 200-300.

I recall the devs weren't so douchey back then. The higher server pop made them haughty and more insufferable.

Will be interesting to see what the numbers look like when the Wow classic servers come out

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

:piss:

jesus christ lol

fruity no gay
May 7, 2018

by Cyrano4747

Anarch posted:

The related Sirken/staff threads are also full of bootlicking trolls that are siding with staff and encouraging them to crack down further. Also the ignorant dumbasses claiming that "Sirken can do no wrong, he helped me with my petition" or "Sirken didn't directly do anything bad to me" aren't helping. It's like these people are emotionally and intellectually stunted.

:patriot:

Sketched
Oct 26, 2005
Dad server, in the sense that everything is tuned to be too easy, so you can just screw around with your buddies. This is a recreation of the original Alkabor server, locked in PoP. We are in Luclin right now, with Pok/Bazaar enabled. Level 60 + AA caps, its really quite a solid server and the devs are mostly decent. The mob stats and mechanics were meticulously parsed, and the community is quite healthy. Hate to shill in another thread, but just thought I would throw another option out there. Raid rotations and no GM corruption. Sketchy in game, I will hook you up with whatever I have kicking around. Closest thing to the the original EQMac server out there.

poolside toaster
Jul 12, 2008
Any comments as to which SK race may be more enjoyable (or less frustrating) to play? I'm not a raider and probably never will be.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Ogres are arguably better because they don't get stunned by frontal hits (so your spells won't get interrupted). You also get slam (an extra button to hit, whee) but so do trolls.

I guess trolls get regen, iksars get regen as well and an AC bonus (not sure if this is relevant). Dark elves get hide...

Ogre is probably the least frustrating if only because of the lack of getting bashed, but you'll also be huge and never fit through doors :v:

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe

poolside toaster posted:

Any comments as to which SK race may be more enjoyable (or less frustrating) to play? I'm not a raider and probably never will be.

Human/Erud/DE have worse stats but no XP penalty. They also don't have any size issues in cramped zones such as Unrest. DEs get hide but this isn't as big of an issue since SKs can get a CoS and can cast invis.

Ogres have the best melee stats (STA/STR) and frontal stun immunity, which makes than arguably the best tanks and is a nice advantage when trying to get FD off on overpulls. In the other hand, they are fat as gently caress and will be forced into crouch at times if you don't have shrinks handy. They also have a 15% XP penalty.

Trolls and iksars have regeneration, which gets to be pretty significant post 50 but is still nice before then. This is great for soloing and for reducing downtime between pulls when you're taking damage while splitting mobs. Trolls have the same fat problems that Ogres do while iksars can't wear traditional plate. Most Velious era stuff is fine, and with their innate AC bonus they have the highest potential AC of any SK race. Iksars are also faction hosed outside of Cabilis, which is especially annoying in that that don't have an easy path to an OT hammer unlike the other standard evil races. Both races eat a 20% XP penalty.

For what it's worth, I have a troll SK alt largely because I like the character model.

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

Ogre without a doubt if you care about min/maxing. You generate agro with your spells and being interrupted is incredibly annoying. Can be the difference between a kill and a long corpse run.

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006
Ogre. It's been explained, but not stressed enough yet.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

You said you don’t plan on raiding so I’m guessing you don’t care about min/maxing that much.

Guess what, the answer is still Ogre but it’s because they look hilarious and their combat animations rule and you will feel compelled to do light RP about being a stupid oaf. Ogres are awesome.

Sadly SK is the one class for Ogres that can’t cast shrink (shamans get the spell and warriors get cobalt bracer). That’s unfortunate because Shrunken Ogre is master race. So make friends with a shaman

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

dromal phrenia posted:

compelled to do light RP about being a stupid oaf.

also great if you are a dumb oaf and want to use this as an excuse

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

dromal phrenia posted:

Sadly SK is the one class for Ogres that can’t cast shrink (shamans get the spell and warriors get cobalt bracer). That’s unfortunate because Shrunken Ogre is master race. So make friends with a shaman

Shrink potions too. Spendy, but come in handy for those extended dungeon crawls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangthane
May 16, 2007
Be true, Unbeliever.
I had an ogre SK for a while and grew to hate him. I love the lizard SK I rerolled to. There is an animation fix out there to restore them to their proper movement but it's still lack luster. However if that doesn't bother you, and you're not interested in being the ultimate min/max master SK, then it's tough to beat that regen and extra AC. With Velious it's possible to get your hands on some decent, non-restricted gear too.