Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

RZA Encryption posted:

Holy crap I hadn't heard of this road rash style game.
https://youtu.be/h7sqLOEEERs

Anyone have it?

I asked this same question and got no answer, please let us know if you get it though, because it does look cool, and it reviews really well on steam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Andrast posted:

Now where's my Pikmin Trilogy Nintendo?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Are motion controls on the switch good enough to play Wii games? I know the joycons can do them but don’t know how accurately

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Joycons have far more accurate motion sensors than the 13 year old Wii and 9 year old motion plus

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Astro7x posted:

https://twitter.com/Nitomatta/status/1070044276476674048

yeah... I'd buy that for the third time. Why not?

gently caress, I'm dead

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

RZA Encryption posted:

Anyone have it?

I bought it in Early Access on Steam but never got around to playing the finished version. What I did play was pretty similar to Road Rash with modern sensibilities. It's actually partly a roguelike since the highway and missions get randomly generated each run. My only real issue with it was that I sucked because it's fast as hell. I had a hard time reacting to the enemy bikers.
I should really sit down with the finished version one of these days.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Joycons have far more accurate motion sensors than the 13 year old Wii and 9 year old motion plus

But they don't have a sensor bar, which makes porting Wii games with cursor controls awkward since the Switch has no absolute frame of reference for where the TV is.

To work around that they need to add a "center cursor" button that you press whenever the relative gyro controls drift away from the TV.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Are motion controls on the switch good enough to play Wii games? I know the joycons can do them but don’t know how accurately

The only thing the Wii could do motion-wise that the Switch doesn't is IR aiming, but that's no great loss. Aiming on the Wii was never 1:1 to your TV anyway-- the system had no way of knowing the position, angle, size, or distance of your TV, so aiming was always based on an approximate area near the "sensor bar" (just a pair of lights) instead of your actual screen.

The joycons' accelerometers are also an approximate method of aiming, but they're better than the Wii ever had, and games like Splatoon 2 play really well with that aiming style. Theoretically it should work fine for a Wii port to just use that method to control your cursor.

Supercar Gautier fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Dec 4, 2018

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Astro7x posted:

https://twitter.com/niklassintorn/status/1070046403404201986

Over There fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Dec 4, 2018

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

repiv posted:

But they don't have a sensor bar, which makes porting Wii games with cursor controls awkward since the Switch has no absolute frame of reference for where the TV is.

To work around that they need to add a "center cursor" button that you press whenever the relative gyro controls drift away from the TV.

This is how Splatoon has worked since the beginning. Indeed this is how Skyward sword worked, which eschewed the sensor bar altogether

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Fun fact: Pikmin 3 had an elegant combined solution, where it would use accelerometer aiming without needing the sensor bar, but if the Wiimote DID happen to see the bar, the game would use that data to adjust and correct the cursor. It was seamless and neat.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Box art mockups should be punishable by death

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Supercar Gautier posted:

Fun fact: Pikmin 3 had an elegant combined solution, where it would use accelerometer aiming without needing the sensor bar, but if the Wiimote DID happen to see the bar, the game would use that data to adjust and correct the cursor. It was seamless and neat.

That's how Skyward Sword worked. It was technically possible to play without the sensor bar but it would drift like crazy if you did

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

RandomFerret posted:

That's how Skyward Sword worked. It was technically possible to play without the sensor bar but it would drift like crazy if you did

I seem to remember it drifting with or without the bar in SS. Pikmin 3 felt markedly different.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Astro7x posted:

Hell, I still have the Wii version of it and I don't even have the console to play it on. I'll happily buy it again.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
There sure is going to be some disappointed people when every conceivable game that anyone has ever wanted isn't announced at the Video Game Awards, like currently rumoured.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Licarn posted:

There sure is going to be some disappointed people when every conceivable game that anyone has ever wanted isn't announced at the Video Game Awards, like currently rumoured.

And I’m sure Nintendo fans will react with logic and civility when the “leaks” turn out to be untrue just like with the “Grinch leak”.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Astro7x posted:

Metroid prime 1 is a fantastic reinterpretation of metroid. It is probably one of the best games I've ever played. Metroid Prime 2 however, oof. That game is twice as long as it should be. The ammo gimmick is interesting in concept, but way too irritating in practice.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

SeANMcBAY posted:

And I’m sure Nintendo fans will react with logic and civility when the “leaks” turn out to be untrue just like with the “Grinch leak”.

i actually don't recall seeing that much anger when the grinch leak ended up being a fake, the piranha plant announcement kinda took up all the air in the room that week

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I'm still mad about it. I wanted to main the glee club boys.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

DLC Inc posted:

Not sure if this is for real but The Last Story 2 could be coming

https://www.nintendoenthusiast.com/2018/12/04/the-last-story-ii-switch/

This would be a hell of a deep cut to get a sequel for. Operation Rainfall lives on.

Holy poo poo yes

Astro7x posted:

HOLY poo poo YES

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
God's own console

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Both of those are fake you freaking goon.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
This listing is based on a rumor that we're starting by making this listing

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

DLC Inc posted:

Not sure if this is for real but The Last Story 2 could be coming

https://www.nintendoenthusiast.com/2018/12/04/the-last-story-ii-switch/

This would be a hell of a deep cut to get a sequel for. Operation Rainfall lives on.

I remember playing, enjoying, and even beating The Last Story, and I cant tell you a goddamn thing about it aside from it was a cover shooter rpg, had really strange fetch quests, and good music. So, needless to say, I hope this is true.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Brother Entropy posted:

i actually don't recall seeing that much anger when the grinch leak ended up being a fake, the piranha plant announcement kinda took up all the air in the room that week

I remember some people being mad about Incineroar, which was dumb and wrong. Love my big heel cat.:3:

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Supercar Gautier posted:

pikmin 3 was really good.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

SeANMcBAY posted:

I remember some people being mad about Incineroar, which was dumb and wrong. Love my big heel cat.:3:

very ready to suplex those fools on friday

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

So the new Kingdom New Lands game comes out on the 11th. I love that game and hope the Samurai theme is good.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

In retrospect, trusting the Grinch was a pretty obvious mistake. Hindsight is 20/20, as they say.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

If Nintendo’s really cool they’ll make it not the players choice version which just disabled a bunch of sequence breaks for no real reason other than no fun allowed

RME
Feb 20, 2012

In reality they’re prolly gonna port from the wii collection so gently caress you I guess

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I want Metroid Prime Trilogy to be real. I also want Chrono Trigger (again) so that I can buy it (again) for like the 50 billionth time (again).

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Three Atelier games just hit the eshop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-a2zMi6Q_I

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
Dangit, 30 dollar TWEWY is sold out on Amazon, that was right at holiday impulse buy range for me :qq:

Kikkoman
Nov 28, 2002

Posing along since 2005

RZA Encryption posted:

Anyone have it?

I picked it up because I also played a bit of it on PC and wanted to support the team.

It's a post apocalyptic road rash with procedurally generated tracks and random objectives. You get money and XP as you go through a run: You can spend $ to get beef up your character, and then once you finish the campaign or die you can spend the XP on permanent upgrades.

Gameplay is fun but also pretty shallow, kinda like old road rash games. It could be a cool pick up and play kind of game, but the load times were total buzzkills. It would be nice if those could be improved somehow.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

metroid prime trilogy on switch is real and it is my friend

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I have never played any of the prime games

I really hope that listing is true

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
God drat that Toejam & Earl trailer has taken me back a couple decades. Want

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I have never played any of the prime games

I really hope that listing is true

They are a strange series where the quality descends linearily as you play them, but you probably wont care because the first is that good.