Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

If I were levelling something just to vaal it I would level 6 of them at once to smooth out the variance

I dont know why I thought I only had 3 slots in my weaponswap. Yeah, prolly gonna try for 4 bv gems. 4 lottery tickets are better than 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maha
Dec 29, 2006
sapere aude
How do I set a personal message in the guild screen? The one that shows up next to people's account names

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

I usually just do 6x purity of fire usually all league, vaal them and sell the 21s, quality doesn't matter on them.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

KirbyKhan posted:

In act 3 Imma buy 3 gems from Siosa to just level on my unused offhand. I wasn't able to make sense of the skillgem market late this league. But Imma go with my gut and pick skills I saw pop up on guides a bunch.

The way Imma go about this is: 1) level a blade flurry to lvl 20, do the 20% quality recipe, sell that gem at lvl 1. 2) Lightning Pen to 20, sell that immidiately. 3) Level Blade Vortex do the quant recipe on it, level it to 20, and vaal orb it for the lvl 21 dream.

Based on my Delve league timings, this would take me 1 or 2 weeks to get to the first round of level 20s, 1 week before I can do the Vaal Orb gamble to see how enthusiastically I level quadHerald bv ele.

Seems reasonable yes? This is a low cost, low effort investment in pixel dollars, does anyone have thoughts about spare gem leveling? This poo poo feels like making a stock out of grocery store chicken bones and 2 week old vegitables, just gotta remember to huck everything into the pot.

For spare gem leveling you typically want active spell gems with a vaal version or empower/enlighten. Active spell gems get the most extra power from going up a level, and having a vaal version means that people will typically want to spend their incursion double corrupts on those gems more than any other. Empower/Enlighten tend to be not really worth it unless you stick them in a haku weapon, and even then might not be worth it because you have to wait longer to cash them out. On the flip side, you end up spending less time trading for similar returns, so decide which is more important to you.

Setting a 20/0 gem down to 1/20 is almost never worth it when you can sell the gem and buy a 1/15 gem for a fraction of what you got for the 20/0 gem.

cytoc
Apr 3, 2009

KirbyKhan posted:

In act 3 Imma buy 3 gems from Siosa to just level on my unused offhand. I wasn't able to make sense of the skillgem market late this league. But Imma go with my gut and pick skills I saw pop up on guides a bunch.

The way Imma go about this is: 1) level a blade flurry to lvl 20, do the 20% quality recipe, sell that gem at lvl 1. 2) Lightning Pen to 20, sell that immidiately. 3) Level Blade Vortex do the quant recipe on it, level it to 20, and vaal orb it for the lvl 21 dream.

Based on my Delve league timings, this would take me 1 or 2 weeks to get to the first round of level 20s, 1 week before I can do the Vaal Orb gamble to see how enthusiastically I level quadHerald bv ele.

Seems reasonable yes? This is a low cost, low effort investment in pixel dollars, does anyone have thoughts about spare gem leveling? This poo poo feels like making a stock out of grocery store chicken bones and 2 week old vegitables, just gotta remember to huck everything into the pot.

I no longer bother leveling gems to convert to 20% quant for selling because there are too many sources of high quant gems these days (delve, incursion and lab all give lots of 16%+ quant gems)

I would focus on leveling gems for vaaling that work well at level 21 with 0% quant. Auras fit this well; wrath is a good one, I think that the puritys (especially fire) can also be pretty good. I suspect that herald of purity is probably also a decent one because the quant buff doesn't do a lot for most builds using it.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

Maha posted:

How do I set a personal message in the guild screen? The one that shows up next to people's account names

It's the thing on the 'Friends' tab.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

new ailment ideas

vorpaled
arrowed
glazed

Maha
Dec 29, 2006
sapere aude
Slonked

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

zooted

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003
shidded
farded
and camed

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
Derped
Dunked
Dead

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006
I've been messing around in PoB and standard and I made a chin sol point blank ele hit CI champion. The numbers in PoB seem great but the reality is underwhelming. GMP and chain let you erase multiple packs at a time offscreen, but the single target damage is terrible. It's obvious in hindsight: traps and totems completely sidestep the disadvantages of chin sol/point blank, and using it yourself is probably always going to feel worse, especially against bosses. I've been trying to figure out if I can squeeze decent single target dps out of the build with different gear but I'm not sure it's possible short of a double corrupted frostferno. If anyone has any ideas on this I'd love to hear them.

Next I want to try a similar setup as a totem chieftain. Hopefully the PoB numbers give a better idea of reality with this one. I've put together a build using almost entirely uniques, all of them are common and attainable and will hopefully remain so. No OP rares, no hard to get items, and no reliance on new gems or mechanics. It's not necessarily a cheap build, but definitely achievable and realistic, and maybe even patch-proof. It can reach 8k life, has 3 totems, and does 150k dps per totem, increasing to 240k against blinded targets.

I'm fully prepared for the patch notes to nerf or outright break this build, it happens to every build I plan before patch notes are out.

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no
Dunked
Gonked
Shimmied
Trashed
Flogged
Schlonged
All Wooted Out

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

ubachung posted:

I've been messing around in PoB and standard and I made a chin sol point blank ele hit CI champion. The numbers in PoB seem great but the reality is underwhelming. GMP and chain let you erase multiple packs at a time offscreen, but the single target damage is terrible. It's obvious in hindsight: traps and totems completely sidestep the disadvantages of chin sol/point blank, and using it yourself is probably always going to feel worse, especially against bosses. I've been trying to figure out if I can squeeze decent single target dps out of the build with different gear but I'm not sure it's possible short of a double corrupted frostferno. If anyone has any ideas on this I'd love to hear them.

I played chin sol point blank elehit scion (Slayer/Pathfinder) to level 97 last league. For single target you swap GMP for Faster Attacks. Cleared Uber Elder with it and got to around Delve 400 before getting bored.

I don't know about CI, but Champion could potentially have the exact same tree as I ended up with (with different ascendancies obviously).

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

doot

Delpino
May 12, 2001
Forum Veteran
Booped

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Snapped, crackled, and popped.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Re:Skillgems

Ill keep the many sources of quality in mind. I got about 20-40 gcbs from vendoring over the league. That can cover the spread of whatever skill setup after buying whatever.

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003
Scattered
Smothered
Covered

edit: sous vide (can only be applied to sea witches(

Grimoire fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Dec 5, 2018

J
Jun 10, 2001

Patch notes https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2255460

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Blade Vortex survives unscathed again :lol:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Grimoire posted:

Scattered
Smothered
Covered

edit: sous vide (can only be applied to sea witches(

rhoas too, c'mon

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006

Papercut posted:

I played chin sol point blank elehit scion (Slayer/Pathfinder) to level 97 last league. For single target you swap GMP for Faster Attacks. Cleared Uber Elder with it and got to around Delve 400 before getting bored.

I don't know about CI, but Champion could potentially have the exact same tree as I ended up with (with different ascendancies obviously).

Thanks for the feedback!

I did make sure to use a weapon swap with single target gems, it still didn't feel great to me. I know the scion version is good, but I think an important part of that is the slayer overleech. I wouldn't mind trying the scion version, but I don't have one leveled. I think I'm leaning toward a trap or totem build anyway, so I can just ignore reflect.

nerox
May 20, 2001
Molten Strike helm enchant nerfed to one less ball and wildfire is now limited to one gem. I had a lot of fun with Grelwood MS last season. :(

Also RIP Quill Rain being an end game bow.

Zana mods look like fun next league, Perandus, Abyss, Breach.

With Nemesis not being in the mods is the only source for HH div cards?

nerox fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Dec 5, 2018

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Molten Strike may have less balls now but it does more base damage!

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

nerox posted:

Molten Strike helm enchant nerfed to one less ball and wildfire is now limited to one gem. I had a lot of fun with Grelwood MS last season. :(

Also RIP Quill Rain being an end game bow.

Interestingly, grelwood/beltimber builds (as well as assassin acidball w gmp) are the LEAST affected variants with this change.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

quote:

Blood Chieftains can now hurl Blood Apes at you.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

yessssssssssss

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

AegisP posted:

Blade Vortex survives unscathed again :lol:

Them gutting shaper mods on weapons might be a little important for bv

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

quote:

Vaal Haste, Vaal Grace, Vaal Clarity, Vaal Discipline, Vaal Impurity of Fire, Vaal Impurity of Lightning, Vaal Impurity of Ice, Vaal Molten Shell, Vaal Righteous Fire and Gluttony of Elements (from the Blood of Corruption unique amulet) are now all instant, with a very short cooldown.

Good.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
lol at arc and poets pen being completely untouched yet again

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

So they removed one extra totem from heiro but gave the the passive tree another totem. I dont know how effective the extra totem per cast will be when heiro already summons totems super quick

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
:rip: full immunity builds

Think I'll still go MS Jugg to start.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

quote:

The Dying Anguish Divination Card can no longer drop. It will return in the future with some modifications.

:negative:

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Cao Ni Ma posted:

So they removed one extra totem from heiro but gave the the passive tree another totem. I dont know how effective the extra totem per cast will be when heiro already summons totems super quick

Very useful. Makes clearing much faster because you click less.

The real travesty is that you can't stack multiple sources of extra totem per cast.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

quote:

Ruby, Sapphire and Topaz flasks no longer grant added maximum resistances. Instead, they each reduce the damage taken of their respective elements by 20%.
Carcass Jack now grants 40-50% (up from 20%) increased Area of Effect. Existing versions can be updated to these new values with a Divine Orb.
RIP pathfinder immunity, and Carcass jack finally back to a reasonable amount of inc aoe thank god.

Not sure what to think of the Doryiani's Fist change. I guess the skill scales a bit better but has lower base dps since it's slower. It's a bigger aoe at least.

quote:

Malachai's Artifice no longer has reduced Elemental Equilibrium effect. This affects all versions of the item.
Excuse me what the gently caress

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Lmao the blood chieftain thing was real

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

So was

Added a new Keystone adjacent to the Ancestral Bond keystone - Runebinder: -1 to maximum number of Summoned Totems.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Champion looking very nice

The Champion
*New Notable - Master of Metal: 20% chance to Impale Enemies on Hit with Attacks. Impales you inflict last 2 additional Hits. If you've Impaled an Enemy Recently, you and nearby Allies have +1000 to Armour. You and nearby Allies deal 4 to 8 added Physical Damage per Impale on the Enemy.
*Added a small passive leading to Master of Metal which grants 15% increased Evasion Rating and Armour, and 8% increased Impale Effect.
*Inspirational now also causes your Banner skills to reserve no mana, recover 20% of planted Banner Stages when you cast a banner while you have a banner planted, and causes you and nearby allies to recover 0.5% of maximum life per Banner stage when you plant a banner. It also grants 15% increased effect of Non-Curse Auras from your Skills.

I want to impale some chumps on my fists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NightfallGemini
Dec 26, 2006
I might start Caustic Arrow instead of waiting so long because from what I saw, there wasn't anything that hit it. Also, not sure how I feel about stat sticks going bye bye.