Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Takoluka posted:

I played Prime after playing a lot of PS2/Xbox FPS games, and I could not get over not being able to use the C-stick like a right analog stick. I couldn't get into it as a result.

Motion controls on the wii version were apparently really good, I didn't get a chance to play it myself though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Heath posted:

Can confirm that Flip Grip is extremely powerful and good. I do wish it a spot to keep the little kickstand card in, though. I mean, I guess I can keep it in my wallet. But still.
And it works as a super wide joycon grip!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Takoluka posted:

I played Prime after playing a lot of PS2/Xbox FPS games, and I could not get over not being able to use the C-stick like a right analog stick. I couldn't get into it as a result.

yeah this was exactly my problem. the first time I played Prime I was like "what the gently caress is this, how can anyone play this," those controls haven't aged well so I hope any Switch remaster rectifies that

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

It felt weird to me until I got into the combat and realized that it doesn't play like an FPS and it's much more about exploration and platforming. There's not a reason to not at least have the option of changing the controls, but I feel like twin stick would just get in the way.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I want to play Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2 on the Switch.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

It felt weird to me until I got into the combat and realized that it doesn't play like an FPS and it's much more about exploration and platforming. There's not a reason to not at least have the option of changing the controls, but I feel like twin stick would just get in the way.

It was actually always billed as a first person platformer. :eng101:

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Yes this exactly.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Guys, Monster Boy in the Cursed Kingdom is beautiful. If you even kind of enjoyed either the Wonder Boy 3 remake or a Shantae game, you will love this.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

It was actually always billed as a first person platformer. :eng101:

You mean first person adventure game

Philistine

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Rolo posted:

Is it basically a 3D Super Metroid game because I could be all about that.

sort of.

Barudak posted:

It is significantly better

no!!!

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

A Bag of Milk posted:

I'm surprised no other game designers have tried copying Metroid Prime any closer. It's basically just it's own thing. I can't even think of a game that poorly tries to emulate its style.

Apparently the original Saturn version of PowerSlave (known as "Exhumed" in some regions) plays a lot like Metroid Prime and actually predates it.

The PC and PlayStation ports play more like an average FPS for the era though.

Mak0rz fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Dec 5, 2018

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I don't care what they do in Metroid prime just make those loving chozo ghosts stop respawning every time I go in that God drat room, you know the one.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Port Other M to the switch

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I don't care what they do in Metroid prime just make those loving chozo ghosts stop respawning every time I go in that God drat room, you know the one.

I know exactly the one and I feel this so hard

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

RandomFerret posted:

reported

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

RandomFerret posted:

Oh man I hope they do a fake out trailer for this at TGA

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Ausgoons

JB Hi-Fi has the Labo variety kit for $50AUD and the Robot Kit for $64AUD.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

The flip grip is a brilliant little piece of plastic

I wish outrun had a vertical mode

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Also anyone got an opinion on the 3rd Earth JoyCon Quad Charger? Seems decent for the price.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
Thread, I got a Switch, and it's great! I've sunk 100 hrs into Stardew Valley and then spent the last month playing Kingdom: New Lands. Now, while there are many fantastic new games to play, I simply yearn to play the games of my youth because I am old and I can't imagine doing anything new. Is there ever going to be any way to play SNES games on the Switch?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

bushisms.txt posted:

The flip grip is a brilliant little piece of plastic

I wish outrun had a vertical mode

What game is this?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

nikosoft posted:

Thread, I got a Switch, and it's great! I've sunk 100 hrs into Stardew Valley and then spent the last month playing Kingdom: New Lands. Now, while there are many fantastic new games to play, I simply yearn to play the games of my youth because I am old and I can't imagine doing anything new. Is there ever going to be any way to play SNES games on the Switch?

They said early on that SNES games with online play would be coming but no dates at the moment. They’ll come but I wouldn’t expect them in the near future.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
At the current rate of 3 NES games a month we should start seeing SNES games sometime around August 2024.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
Thanks! I did sign up for the online service when it came out, but it's been underwhelming as far as the games go. I remember the original Zelda being riveting when I was 6, but now I am much more sophisticated and I'd rather just play LttP until I die. I'll wait some more!

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Heath posted:

What game is this?

Crossed Swords, ACA release. It's like a punch out shooting gallery with magic and demons.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
I know it's probably a big ask but if they ported crossed swords one it'd be nice to see the sequel but it's probably not gonna happen since it's a neo geo cd game.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

nikosoft posted:

Thanks! I did sign up for the online service when it came out, but it's been underwhelming as far as the games go. I remember the original Zelda being riveting when I was 6, but now I am much more sophisticated and I'd rather just play LttP until I die. I'll wait some more!

You’d probably be better served getting an SNES Classic in the meantime since it’ll probably be awhile. It’s awesome and has an amazing library built-in, plus it’s incredibly easy to add more games on to it.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Astro7x posted:

https://twitter.com/Nitomatta/status/1070044276476674048

yeah... I'd buy that for the third time. Why not?

:same:
loving love those games
And oh man if we get a Prime 4 Trailer in Thursday the night before Ultimate releases I will loving die

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Stanos posted:

I know it's probably a big ask but if they ported crossed swords one it'd be nice to see the sequel but it's probably not gonna happen since it's a neo geo cd game.

Pulstar was a CD game and that came out.

Also, Psyvariar Delta isn't happening, is it? I think Dispatch Games is insolvent or something.

Edit: I got Dragon Blaze for a Tate game to play and I always enter my initials as rear end because I'm a child and they censored it as 😐😐😐

Heath fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Dec 5, 2018

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Guardian Heroes on the Switch, oh god I'd be fulfilled.

Wait, Dragon Force on the Switch! That was such a loving good game, never played anything else like it

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Starlink Warmposting:

I've fully completed two planets, mostly while listening to podcasts, or talking on voice chats. It's got a lot of repetitive game mechanics, but you don't need to engage with all of them to be successful. Realistically, you could just marathon the story and have a pretty enjoyable experience, but what really makes this game worth the $60 is playing through the side missions and grinding for good mods to amp up your ship

Fortunately, just about anything you do in this made is an acquisition method for mods. Doing prospector/observatory/Starlink missions, raiding ruins, hacking drakes, finding cargo from crashed ships, finding poo poo to sell, killing outlaws, breaking hives--it's deceptive because you might first come into the game thinking that doing prospector missions is the only efficient way to get mods, but it's not

It's a game where you slowly learn the mechanics, and ways to optimize your efficiency, but as you play, things become second-nature to the point where it can get boring. However, it's fun to play when you're trying to pay attention to other poo poo, because neither takes away from the other, and can occupy your bored hands in a pretty environment. The game looks, sounds, and feels great to play, and the VO is pretty good. Definitely a niche but I feel I understand it. Each planet is like a trip through beautiful concept art, and you can just relax and bang out tasks

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Alan_Shore posted:

Guardian Heroes on the Switch, oh god I'd be fulfilled.

Wait, Dragon Force on the Switch! That was such a loving good game, never played anything else like it

These two games are the reason I'm sad that Saturn emulators are mostly a mess. :smith:

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Gonkish posted:

These two games are the reason I'm sad that Saturn emulators are mostly a mess. :smith:

Tell me about it. Still hoping this Satiator comes to fruition and all our Saturn dreams come true. Being an OG Saturn owner is like being in a secret club, all these amazing games that practically no one played

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I was one of only two people in my entire class that had a Saturn. I was a loving Unicorn.

Speaking of, Sega needs to do a Panzer Dragoon remastered. God drat.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Gonkish posted:

I was one of only two people in my entire class that had a Saturn. I was a loving Unicorn.

Speaking of, Sega needs to do a Panzer Dragoon remastered. God drat.

If you want Gaurdian Heroes and Panzer Dragoon Zwei and Panzer Dragoon Orta in 4k there is a console for you, but its a drat steep price for three games.

They'll never get Saga working cause those files are loooost.

Barudak fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Dec 5, 2018

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Barudak posted:

If you want Gaurdian Heroes and Panzer Dragoon Zwei and Panzer Dragoon Orta in 4k there is a console for you, but its a drat steep price for three games.

They'll never get Saga working cause those files are loooost.

Panzer Dragoon Orta (and Panzer Dragoon as an unlockable) can be played via the Xbox version. And it's all of $10AUD to buy a digital copy on X360 or XBOne.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Also anyone got an opinion on the 3rd Earth JoyCon Quad Charger? Seems decent for the price.
Looks like that’s an Australian brand. 3rd party joycon chargers seem fine I guess. I got some cheapo ones a while back but would prefer that one's lower design. Mine has rails that go all the way up and lock the joycons, which makes them pretty annoying to take off.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good

Mak0rz posted:

Apparently the original Saturn version of PowerSlave (known as "Exhumed" in some regions) plays a lot like Metroid Prime and actually predates it.

The PC and PlayStation ports play more like an average FPS for the era though.

Powerslave was an awesome game, I remember it getting nonstop praise for the Saturn so I bought it when it was cheap and it was surprisingly very good and had some cool exploration elements. Years later I found the PC version on an Abandonware site and downloaded it and was like "huh, this is completely different from what I remember and not nearly as good". I went back to power up the Saturn version and indeed it was a completely different game with just the same theme, very odd.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If you had Exhumed and a Duke Nukem 3D save on your Saturn you got to play DEATH TANK too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

If you had Exhumed and a Duke Nukem 3D save on your Saturn you got to play DEATH TANK too.

It's time for a Blitz round!