Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1070143045943861248

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Trump: "Stonks!"

red sampson
Oct 7, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

the best news i heard all day was that qanon cop got demoted and lost his security clearance and could be fired soon.

but cops and unions,

unions those bad things republicans talk about.

unions are evil because reasons

also, scott walker is a sore loser.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

how the gently caress does he figure Flynn being recommended no jail time because he just torched an administration isn’t a bombshell?

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

how the gently caress does he figure Flynn being recommended no jail time because he just torched an administration isn’t a bombshell?

he’s actually possibly wrong on this one

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
It's a bombshell but in an underground testing facility :ninja:

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/AlexandraChalup/status/1070138221747716096
now this would be some good poo poo if it took out Pence, who led this transition

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

The Glumslinger posted:

Remember on Sunday when he said he had an agreement with China to delay all of the tariffs

Yeah, that was my cue to close a third of my positions Monday lol.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
What kind of charges was Flynn facing and what kind of jail time was he realistically looking at?

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

red sampson posted:

Also, what did the president do today to embarrass the united states to the world? I'm scared to watch the news these days.

Dotard claims that there's 90-day truce in the trade war, and a good deal is under way. Meanwhile, there's no mention of "90-day" anywhere in Chinese state media, and it's all empty platitudes about having reached an understanding and pledging to not impose new tariffs for the time being. "No new tariffs for now" is something I guess, but it's not much if you are already losing your shirt from the existing tariffs, and just RIP is you are an American soy farmer, lol.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

What kind of charges was Flynn facing and what kind of jail time was he realistically looking at?

Hard to say the full depth, he was probably staring down a shitload of charges of perjury and FARA violations at minimum

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

The Glumslinger posted:

Hard to say the full depth, he was probably staring down a shitload of charges of perjury and FARA violations at minimum

Dude was military, right? He may have been looking at a firing squad.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Nocheez posted:

:lol:

No

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Impossible to say what he was "facing", but he was only actually charged with making false statements, which IIRC could give 5 years max.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Fuckin owns, Hail Santa

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

red sampson posted:

Also, what did the president do today to embarrass the united states to the world?

He continued to be the president of the united states

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Tip posted:

*Trump obstructs justice over Twitter*

NBCNews: Trump so presidential and restrained :a2m:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Shanghaied posted:

Impossible to say what he was "facing", but he was only actually charged with making false statements, which IIRC could give 5 years max.

He's only charged with just that because he cooperated though. Pretty sure the poo poo where he was going to give up that Muslim cleric (resident? citizen? not sure) over to Erdogen would've had him in prison for the rest of his life.

The fun thing about all these criminals being old guys - even a relatively light sentence is a life sentence. Who wants to die in prison for shithead like Trump?

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

trem_two posted:

https://twitter.com/AlexandraChalup/status/1070138221747716096
now this would be some good poo poo if it took out Pence, who led this transition

Lol, trump throws pence under the bus, pence rats out trump and bang, there you go. President Pelosi.

red sampson
Oct 7, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
i'm sorry world my president is a god damned womeniser that can't even close and umbrella.

red sampson
Oct 7, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
an ahppy loving new year

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

Nocheez posted:

Nah he's retired since the Obama years, so normal civilian. Also as much as the US military loves killing, it hasn't carried out any execution for 50+ years, actually making it one of the better US jurisdictions when it comes to capital punishment. They still sentence people to death every now and again, but the unofficial policy seems to be just locking them up and waiting for them to die from natural causes.

red sampson
Oct 7, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Shanghaied posted:

Nah he's retired since the Obama years, so normal civilian. Also as much as the US military loves killing, it hasn't carried out any execution for 50+ years, actually making it one of the better US jurisdictions when it comes to capital punishment. They still sentence people to death every now and again, but the unofficial policy seems to be just locking them up and waiting for them to die from natural causes.

so the whole seal team six thing never happened?

red sampson
Oct 7, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
also eat a slim jim

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Shanghaied posted:

*6 months

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
i just remembered that time trump couldn't color in a US flag and had to be reminded by a bunch of second-graders what the flag looked like

that's a hearty lol

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

LabyaMynora posted:

He's only charged with just that because he cooperated though. Pretty sure the poo poo where he was going to give up that Muslim cleric (resident? citizen? not sure) over to Erdogen would've had him in prison for the rest of his life.

Oh for sure, but it is really impossible to say what he could potentially haven been charged with, since we still know so very little. The Gulen (a legal US resident) abduction thing was also kinda hazy, with some sources claiming that it was a plan to actually abduct Gulen from the US illegally, while others say it was about lobbying the Trump WH to extradite him "legally" (which would have still been illegal for Flynn to do, since he was not registered as a paid foreign agent).

Also it's not even about dying in jail from old age for many of these guys. Maybe Flynn can take it, since he was in the military all his life, but even federal minimum security prison is gonna break Manafort or Don Jr before long, like I don't think those guys can actually physically survive long without 24h room service or housekeeping staff, or $15k ostrich jackets.

Edit: I almost forgot, Manafort was in a loving wheelchair the last time he was in court lmao, like a serious bodily injury from sleeping on low thread count sheets or something.

Shanghaied fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Dec 5, 2018

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Tip posted:

lol

My high school ran out of paper halfway through every year, so we had to bring our own paper from home and spend more than half of every class copying worksheets by hand.

That's some mild poverty stories, but people on SA call me a liar when I tell the really ridiculous poo poo.

lol I did student teaching in a poor rear end inner-city school and for all the depressing nonsense, THAT level of crap wasn't remotely on the radar. And drat did I go through a lot of paper.
Then again when you go to the rich parts of my state and see the disgusting excess, you still kinda got to wonder why the poor schools were anywhere near as bad as they were.

I don't doubt you at all btw. Just some parts of this country man....

Though honestly what was really shocking me was the idea of middle class areas in Texas that lack parks and poo poo, because I guess I AINT PAYIN NO PUBLIC SPACE FER THOSE PEOPLE TO USE or whatever.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

The Glumslinger posted:

Remember on Sunday when he said he had an agreement with China to delay all of the tariffs and give him some token wins? Yeah, that was all BS and he is back to threatening even more tariffs and showing off that he has no idea how tariffs work

I am still loling that he just straight up lied about reaching a deal with GHYNAnon tariffs, and that everyone bought it and the market shot up like 800 points yesterday. And then reality set in.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Loden Taylor posted:

Soon: Trump administration is considering switching citizenship to a subscription-based model.

lol gotta pay my fees or get deported to. . . *finishes reading bill* prison.

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.
https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/1070157383228370944?s=19

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
https://twitter.com/TitusAndronicus/status/1070130022965542913?s=19

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1070021826053619712

Baaaaaaacccckkkk pedal

https://mobile.twitter.com/RepChrisStewart/status/1070081846715867136

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

U.S. government to all journalists:

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

:laffo:

This looks like some oobie's og Hous poo poo

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
literally taking notes

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

StupidSexyVaultGuy posted:

U.S. government to all journalists:

more like

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/1070147409991221253

yeah, yeah its the same joke he always does but lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lYA7c1Pnuo

huh, randomly came across this video but apparently a bunch of olds did leave America because of, specifically, the political climate

interesting to me because I thought all that “if trump wins I’m leaving the country!” talk was fake news