Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

E: nevermind, people were already talking about it. Sorry for the bad new page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

it's not your fault, they are all bad pages

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

There are like 150 bans queued up Iol

The lowtax will feast well this night

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

fool_of_sound posted:

It's probs avenatti toxxers that havent shown up for some reason

What was their toxx clause?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Paladinus posted:

What was their toxx clause?

That avenatti would run for president, which he ruled out this morning

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

crazy cloud posted:

ground floor u cucks

any post itt counts as a toxx this is the toxx clause thread

"michael avenatti will win the democratic party nomination for president in 2020 and win the general election in november"

or we get 2 rereg and buy mr lowtax another vertebra

get in

[op note : michael avenatti is not good , neither is donald trump , that is a different question than will they win the nomination for the party's primary process and will they win the general election. i called that trump poo poo way loving early too because i'm an extremely autistic and stoned super good brain genius and if u are courageous to post itt and put ur account on the line we are going to have thousands of pages of Extremely Good Content itt.]

-OR-

i;m reall fuckin high but lmao i still think i'm right u guys so i'm seirous 100% about this being a toxx thread for 2020

:getin:

11/12/2018 Update:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Think who profits from that. Avenatti, Lowtax, and Crazy Cloud are all in cahoots, imo.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Paladinus posted:

Think who profits from that. Avenatti, Lowtax, and Crazy Cloud are all in cahoots, imo.

FOLLOW THE MONEY

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Avenatti announces he will not be seeking the presidency at the very bottom of page 307 of this thread. For the reactions, go straight to 308.

What is basta?

Ariong has a new favorite as of 00:30 on Dec 5, 2018

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Ariong posted:

Avenatti announces he will not be seeking the presidency at the very bottom of page 307 of this thread. For the reactions, go straight to 308.

What is basta?

Basta is avenatti's Twitter catchphrase. It means like 'stop/enough/shut up' in Italian.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i look away from games for ten minutes and someone tries to give away all his worldly possessions during a manic episode before his fiancee intervenes

credit to the thread i guess for immediately recognizing something was askew with the op

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Oxxidation posted:

i look away from games for ten minutes and someone tries to give away all his worldly possessions during a manic episode before his fiancee intervenes

credit to the thread i guess for immediately recognizing something was askew with the op

What? I hope the poster is doing better. Yikes!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Help was pretty prompt.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

He also tried to give away his fiancée’s cat, that she paid for and was adopted in her name

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

What thread was this?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3876139

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

He also tried to give away his fiancée’s cat, that she paid for and was adopted in her name

To be fair to him, he stated it was merely if his fiancée did not want to keep the cat herself, whereupon she arrived in-thread and quite firmly asserted that no, she was keeping her cat.

It seems as though he's working through things, now, and has gotten a lot of support over the last couple days. So that's good. :)

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

People pay for cats? I thought cats just happened, like you're out walking and one walks up to you and demands to be fed, so you resign yourself to a few years of scooping poo poo out of a box and eating cat hair in your soup

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Screaming Idiot posted:

People pay for cats? I thought cats just happened, like you're out walking and one walks up to you and demands to be fed, so you resign yourself to a few years of scooping poo poo out of a box and eating cat hair in your soup

There are cat breeds just like there are dog breeds. However most people that want a cat just look for a sign that says "free kittens" and take whichever one looks the cutest. That or adopt a stray like you're saying.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

There are cat breeds just like there are dog breeds. However most people that want a cat just look for a sign that says "free kittens" and take whichever one looks the cutest. That or adopt a stray like you're saying.

No there is no adoption involved

You're out and a cat just happens

It's like stumbling on a hole in the pavement or getting shot in a US public school

Cats are events with consequences

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
generally the shelter has a small fee so the cute friendly cat you pick is fixed and had its shots and maybe a little markup so its mates can as well

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
we donated 100$ to the orphan kitten project for ours.

im taking my medicine now.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We actually created a really supportive group with some cool people to help people get through poo poo if they need too. It's young but it seems to be working out alright!

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Palpek posted:

:siren: IMPORTANT :siren:

At the request of goons who created the Oversharing Goons Steam group and the Support Discord - I'm stickying this thread so that it gets more attention especially because it's winter and Christmas and that's a trying time to many people struggling with mental health issues. It's great that this thread turned into something positive.

At the same time - be helpful and constructive here. Not interested in the group and find it dumb? Cool, close the thread. No threadshitting here.

The thread's purpose is mainly to bring goons together and form supportive and empathic gaming communities.

Man, this is terrific.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Hah, didn't know the Avenatti toxx was a real thing. Well, basta luego I guess

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Screaming Idiot posted:

No there is no adoption involved

You're out and a cat just happens

It's like stumbling on a hole in the pavement or getting shot in a US public school

Cats are events with consequences

We didn't even have to go out, ours just showed up at the apartment one day and accepted an invitation inside.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Turtlicious posted:

We actually created a really supportive group with some cool people to help people get through poo poo if they need too. It's young but it seems to be working out alright!

Joined and subscribed.

Oh boy, oversharing, here we come!

E: Just want to say goons are amazing about being supportive, for a group of people who identify as cynical and jaded. I made a comment while I was going through some hard times before, and a couple of people messaged me to make sure I was ok and offer to talk. Just the offers helped immensely.

RFC2324 has a new favorite as of 15:37 on Dec 5, 2018

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Did the Avenatti toxx thread already get gassed?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Elephant Ambush posted:

Did the Avenatti toxx thread already get gassed?

Doesn’t seems like it.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3865735&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post486978226

Once again, page 308 for the hammer drop.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Thanks. Good times.

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...

butt dickus posted:

I have two sets of stairs in my house. This is the lesser-used set that goes up to the garage from the basement.

On Thanksgiving, my father tripped on one of the treads going up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9d3qCPcMgH4

I shined a flashlight down there and took a picture through the hole:

I'm the second owner of this house, and the original one is dead. The stairs are surrounded by concrete on to the left, right and behind, there's no secret door or anything. My current plan is to lift up more treads and maybe get a child to fit down there and retrieve the treasure, after which I will seal him under the stairs. Two of my idiot friends are coming over soon to help me, but it's unlikely they'll have any better ideas, so tell me how to get to this treasure trove.

butt dickus posted:

Sorry, guys.

They're all empty.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Pastry of the Year posted:

Man, this is terrific.

I agree it's unironically good that goons are banding together to try to take care of each other during a time of year where suicide numbers spike

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Cross posting my response from that thread

100% serious post. One of my friends moved into an apartment with a setup like this when she got married, and the bottom half of the staircase retracted when you flipped a switch in the kitchen. When they bought the place, it was billed as a wine cellar, and they used it to store off-season stuff as they were both outdoorsy-types and it was nice to have a place in the apartment to store kayaks, camping gear, and the like. She and her husband were concerned about the fact that there was no apparent way to get out if you accidentally got locked in there, and I told them I would be glad to wire up a three-way switch so there was a way to get out in case someone accidentally got stuck.

If you're feeling a sense of dread, you exactly where this is going; (TW/CW for child abuse under the spoiler text) they looked up records on the property and the previous owner defaulted on the lease after being convicted on multiple counts of sexually assaulting minors (multiple victims, not multiple counts with one victim) and charges of kidnapping and false imprisonment.

GWBBQ has a new favorite as of 03:44 on Dec 8, 2018

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

GWBBQ posted:

100% serious post. One of my friends moved into an apartment with a setup like this when she got married, and the bottom half of the staircase retracted when you flipped a switch in the kitchen. When they bought the place, it was billed as a wine cellar, and they used it to store off-season stuff as they were both outdoorsy-types and it was nice to have a place in the apartment to store kayaks, camping gear, and the like. She and her husband were concerned about the fact that there was no apparent way to get out if you accidentally got locked in there, and I told them I would be glad to wire up a three-way switch so there was a way to get out in case someone accidentally got stuck.

If you're feeling a sense of dread, you exactly where this is going; they looked up records on the property and the previous owner defaulted on the lease after being convicted on multiple counts of sexually assaulting minors (multiple victims, not multiple counts with one victim) and charges of kidnapping and false imprisonment.

Jesus Christ. :stare:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

GWBBQ posted:

If you're feeling a sense of dread, you exactly where this is going; they looked up records on the property and the previous owner defaulted on the lease after being convicted on multiple counts of sexually assaulting minors (multiple victims, not multiple counts with one victim) and charges of kidnapping and false imprisonment.

This is horrifying and I have several questions.

Did... did the previous owner install that setup themselves, or did they get a contractor to build the secret prison cell? I can’t imagine that’s up to code so I’m guessing it was a DIY job, but even then it should have come up when they had the home inspected during the buying process, right?

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Not even jellybeans? What a disappointment.

Cichlidae
Aug 12, 2005

ME LOVE
MAKE RED LIGHT

Dr. Infant, MD

Garrand posted:

Not even jellybeans? What a disappointment.

Well, there's only one deed to Dracula's castle, so necessarily it was going to be a disappointment.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Cichlidae posted:

Well, there's only one deed to Dracula's castle, so necessarily it was going to be a disappointment.

Have them check the walls for chicken just in case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Yum. Chicken