Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

ahahaha I can't believe they added that with GRA. This loving game :allears:

sidenote: this was a good choice to listen to while reading the update

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I bet he tastes like pure smug cruelty spiced lightly with masculine insecurity.
Tastes like... Victory.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Man, I needed a good, satisfying update like that with the day I'm having. See ya, Caesar.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Beautiful.

Sword_of_Dusk
Sep 30, 2018

Legendary Luminary
drat, son! That was glorious to behold!

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
This was definitely the best update to date. The puns. The brutal slaughter. And the feels. It's got it all in a fanfic-y chewy center that doesn't taste of autism or retardation. :allears: Now...who will Sun choose...a free Vegas...or a completely devastated NCR. By the way, the faux bible verses were just the icing on the cake.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

What an odd AP value. Then again, it's probably all the Jet.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
It's from when I gave myself 10,000,000 AP to pull off the camera shenanigans.

I just never bothered changing it back because it really doesn't matter at this point.

So, yes, it's just Sun huffing brahmin poo poo continuously.

Heir03
Oct 16, 2012

Pillbug

quote:

I HAVE THE POWER OF GOD AND ANIME BY MY SIDE!!!

I saw that coming and still lol'ed way too loud.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
I know 69 updates in is a bit late, but you could really really cut down on the size of your images if you used JPEG or another lossy format instead of PNG.

The first image goes from 566 kb to 104 kb at 90% quality as a JPEG. The image quality looks pretty much identical as well.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Decoy Badger posted:

I know 69 updates in is a bit late, but you could really really cut down on the size of your images if you used JPEG or another lossy format instead of PNG.

The first image goes from 566 kb to 104 kb at 90% quality as a JPEG. The image quality looks pretty much identical as well.

Oh, I know. With the game as potato-y as it is, I wanted to make it look as sharp as possible. It just kinda stayed like that since then because I'm incredibly lazy and inconsistent I didn't really think it made much of a difference otherwise.

Maybe I'll change it to JPEG, I dunno.

thekeeshman
Feb 21, 2007
There's a little sniper nest above cottonwood cove that Boone took the shot from, there's a pretty nice rifle there as I recall, for when he runs out of 50 cal ammo.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Hope Sun is ok. I hear romaine is dangerous to eat.

...then again, maybe the radiation took care of that problem

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Blaziken386 posted:

ahahaha I can't believe they added that with GRA. This loving game :allears:

There's also one called "Even A God-King Can Bleed", if you cripple Caesar's head with a throwing spear.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I like to think Sun was somehow projecting the voice of Keith Szarabajka while saying those verses

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
But where did you get the anchovies?

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Who likes depressing war crimes?!

Chapter 70: Sun Vulture and the Bitter Springs Redemption

ApeHawk fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Apr 10, 2019

Chronische
Aug 7, 2012

Does the President give a different speech if Caesar is already dead by the time he arrives?

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

No, but that's because Kimball doesn't really care if Caesar is dead or not. He just wants to expand the NCR's reach.

Chronische
Aug 7, 2012

ApeHawk posted:

No, but that's because Kimball doesn't really care if Caesar is dead or not. He just wants to expand the NCR's reach.

I mean, for propaganda reasons alone, him being dead would be a great chance to expand the reach of the NCR even into Legion territory. Broadcasting the defeat on radio (and even TV, they've got that stuff back up and running iirc?) would get into Legion lands. Not everyone there is a technophobe, and it could put fear into the merchant companies that had been trading under "Safe Caesar". But, I suppose Kimball isn't really much of a skilled politician anyways, so failing to take advantage of such an obvious and good opportunity is par for the course.

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

:thumbsup:

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
yay, Boone got closure :unsmith:

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Blaziken386 posted:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I'm split between Boone and Arcade as best companion, but when I really think about it Boone is probably the best.

Heir03
Oct 16, 2012

Pillbug
Yeah I never put two and two together with regards to Camp Golf. :shrug:

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Blaziken386 posted:

:emptyquote:!

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I figured Sun would have gone straight into Flags of Our Foul-Ups, given one of the, uh, "solutions" to that quest. Good update though, the bit about Goodsprings really is a lovely personal touch.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

aniviron posted:

I figured Sun would have gone straight into Flags of Our Foul-Ups, given one of the, uh, "solutions" to that quest. Good update though, the bit about Goodsprings really is a lovely personal touch.

I like to keep updates somewhat self-contained and themed.

Don't worry, though. FooFU is happening next update and the result is 100% what you'd expect of Sun.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

ApeHawk posted:

I like to keep updates somewhat self-contained and themed.

Don't worry, though. FooFU is happening next update and the result is 100% what you'd expect of Sun.

Even after all this time (just over 10 months now), I don't actually know what to expect from Sun.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

CzarChasm posted:

Even after all this time (just over 10 months now), I don't actually know what to expect from Sun.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

CzarChasm posted:

Right? Like there's a real obvious solution to that quest with Sun, but at the same time maybe not because of where Sun's character arc currently is, and then you realize that ApeHawk's played/written a dang good character

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Yeah, that's a pretty big disadvantage for the NCR expanding like this. It's harder in some ways to be merciful when you're weak than it is when you're strong.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Getting mixed messages here.

Chapter 71: Sun Vulture and the Mischievous Misfits

ApeHawk fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Apr 10, 2019

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Of COURSE sun would choose the "Get everyone drunk on psycho" plan. And I wouldn't have it any other way. :allears:

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Huh, more than 600 hours put into this game and I don't think I've ever been to Camp Guardian.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

The Doomhammer posted:

Huh, more than 600 hours put into this game and I don't think I've ever been to ____________

Pretty much the story of this LP for me

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Camp Guardian is the sole reason I respond to distress radio calls and I do it every time. Because once there was a survivor.

Fallout 4 broke me.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

eating only apples posted:

Camp Guardian is the sole reason I respond to distress radio calls and I do it every time. Because once there was a survivor.

Fallout 4 broke me.

That poor lady in the safe. :smith:

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

eating only apples posted:

Fallout 4 broke me.

It's a loving tragedy. Killed me a little inside. Half the time its radiant bullshit, the rest it was an immediate and shockingly abrupt segue into a scripted quest. Makes me wish we could get one of those scandinavian strongmen to give Todd Howard an Atomic Wedgie onstage next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Blasphemaster posted:

one of those scandinavian strongmen

Paradox Interactive? :v: