Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard
What am I supposed to do here? 0/2 completed of "what" actually, how do I find or activate these tasks? :gbsmith:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Mr.PayDay posted:

What am I supposed to do here? 0/2 completed of "what" actually, how do I find or activate these tasks? :gbsmith:

Have you unlocked the Stunt missions? I think you need to do the stunt missions, which activate once you speak with the director and do her intro mission.

E: and as an update to my previous post, there weren't any settings in the game to go offline, so I tried just going offline on my PC, and the issue went away. So I guess that's good

Malcolm Excellent fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Dec 5, 2018

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Mr.PayDay posted:

Wingsuit and car stunt tasks, you need to do the intro quest for the director before you can do them.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
omg, well, so just progressing in the story....that was obvious for everyone but me I guess, thanks

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
What's with that extreme aliasing on anything further away than the tip of Rico's nose? I have FXAA enabled, seems like it's broken or something. Also, why after JC3 do I have to relearn to exit the wingsuit directly?

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004

Combat Pretzel posted:

Also, why after JC3 do I have to relearn to exit the wingsuit directly?

To cluster the game with tons of "stunts" and aerial and speed chores that you need to complete because otherwise you can't upgrade the suit if I understand that right. That part of the "content" will bei ignored by me, and then I'll see what is actually left of the Story and tasks and chaos

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

This must be a bug, there is no way this game is intended to look like this.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Maybe they were supposed to be parallax mapped train tracks or something. The texture is pretty high res for a LOD stand-in.

--edit: Seems the lovely aliasing at a distance is a side effect of some post-processing effect. In the desert biome it's really annoying, and there's clearly some hot air shimmering effect. The starting area seems to have it to a lesser effect.

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Dec 5, 2018

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

lmao everything so far indicates that my lack of funds to buy this game are secretly a good thing.

i hope this doesn't kill just cause because 2 was so fuckin good, but man, this thing sounds like a bigger gutpunch than 3 was. please at least let the a team have one more crack at the series before putting a bullet in it.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
This review does a good job of explaining all the gameplay problems with this game. Apart from the graphical issues which hopefully can be fixed there are many things that can't, such as the weird menus (I thought they were bad on Xbox but man PC got it way worse).
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/12/04/just-cause-4-review-pc/

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004

TjyvTompa posted:

This review does a good job of explaining all the gameplay problems with this game. Apart from the graphical issues which hopefully can be fixed there are many things that can't, such as the weird menus (I thought they were bad on Xbox but man PC got it way worse).
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/12/04/just-cause-4-review-pc/

" Instead you’ve got a splurge of bizarre and under-explained tasks to perform, each tied to a different metric, that conflates the previously delightful seeking of chaos with an arcane confusion of a locked map that you can explore anyway, in which missions are locked and gated behind other missions locked and gated behind other missions locked and gated behind menial tasks. Seriously. (Oh, bonus: You can’t zoom out any useful distance on the map, for absolutely no reason.)"

perfectly nailed. I am 10 hours in and have to force myself to progess in the story. This looks like a optical mix from JC2 and GTA IV while beeing inferior in 2018. The game is so bland and only that grappling+tethering is still fun, but in that case Just Cause 3 offers just more.

I am really curious about the aftermath, and why things went wrong that badly. I was so hyped for JC4 since months and for my new Gaming PC I had considered JC4 as one of the games to "showcase" all the new CPU+GPU Glory.

Do not buy this crap unless Avalanche redeem themsleves on No Mans Sky Next level.

Don't get me wrong, you can have fun in this game, it has the Just Cause core. But is not even close to Just Cause 3 let alone Just Cause 2.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NTEBSrRGKE
Mack finds better words and insults lol while still acknowleding just you can fool around Just Cause style. Thats the only part of the game thats not boring poo poo. Well, the sound is good.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

There is something seriously wrong with the water in this game.

How did they go from this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-bV0Y-LfdI&t=103s

to this perfectly flat eye assault:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2HMFOrdXAg

??

I can't be hosed finding a video but the ocean is the same as that little waterfall lake thing. Totally flat with really weird reflection buggyness.

Qmass fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Dec 5, 2018

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
So I was wreaking havoc for minutes and it was mayhem and explosions and deathscreams everywhere, and these two NPCs managed to not get distracted. They did not care, because Avalanche did not care.
AAA game lmao. You stumble upon immersion killing shite design like every 120 seconds.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

lmao everything so far indicates that my lack of funds to buy this game are secretly a good thing.

i hope this doesn't kill just cause because 2 was so fuckin good, but man, this thing sounds like a bigger gutpunch than 3 was. please at least let the a team have one more crack at the series before putting a bullet in it.

If Squeenix was willing to kill Deus Ex and Hitman even after successful reboots there's no way they let Just Cause keep going after this, unless Avalanche owns the IP

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I do like the weapons being more distinct and having different modes or alt-fire now. That's one point in this dumb game's favor.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

DLC Inc posted:

If Squeenix was willing to kill Deus Ex and Hitman even after successful reboots there's no way they let Just Cause keep going after this, unless Avalanche owns the IP

I do wonder how much Squeenix is to blame because they've just been loving up so much recently when it comes to their Western games. They're the anti-Sega in that respect.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Speedball posted:

I do like the weapons being more distinct and having different modes or alt-fire now. That's one point in this dumb game's favor.

The alt fires are super cool and I like the smart rifle. There's a good game in here buried under all the tech and design stupidity, I wish they weren't doing radio silence

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

i can't believe that i spent $70 on the gold edition on GMG and i can't get a refund, i uninstalled the game already. :sigh:

m-maybe it'll be better in a few months from now haha

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Deakul posted:

i can't believe that i spent $70 on the gold edition on GMG and i can't get a refund, i uninstalled the game already. :sigh:

m-maybe it'll be better in a few months from now haha

Good luck buddy, I told myself that about JC3.

Sad that JC2 seems to have been just a fluke.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Okay, so you have to blow up military assets to get chaos to take over districts, but military assets aren't marked? At all?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Gonna do like I did with JC3 and buy this in a year to six months for $15 with all the DLC included and hopefully all the bugs ironed out. Actually I might go back and give JC3 another shot, I never even got far enough in to unlock the jet thingey for my wingsuit.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

explosivo posted:

Gonna do like I did with JC3 and buy this in a year to six months for $15 with all the DLC included and hopefully all the bugs ironed out. Actually I might go back and give JC3 another shot, I never even got far enough in to unlock the jet thingey for my wingsuit.

Jet wingsuit is unlocked at the start of JC3's dlc, you can access it pretty early into the main game. It's not just a jetpack, though, the dang thing has mini-missiles and machine guns somehow. The only downside is you count as an air vehicle so AA rockets target you like that.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

has square enix or avalanch or anyone claiming to work for them addressed any of this poo poo anywhere at all? like no official "oops sorry theres a bug and well have a patch out" or even some poor dev on reddit explaining about how the thing was rushed out the door at the last minute? i thought they at least responded to the poo poo people complained about with jc3

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Earwicker posted:

has square enix or avalanch or anyone claiming to work for them addressed any of this poo poo anywhere at all? like no official "oops sorry theres a bug and well have a patch out" or even some poor dev on reddit explaining about how the thing was rushed out the door at the last minute? i thought they at least responded to the poo poo people complained about with jc3

quote:

Hi everyone,

As you know, Just Cause 4 launched yesterday. Many thanks for the support to those of you that are enjoying the game. With every game’s launch, and due to the complexity of Just Cause 4’s vast open world and advanced systems, there may be some technical issues along the way.

We are actively monitoring the situation and feeding issues back to the development team. The team have already started to make some fixes, and once they have been through our QA process, we’ll roll them out.

Should you have any technical problems, please ensure you post in the Tech Forum (Not the General Discussions). If you have any problems please read this thread before posting

As mentioned in this sticky post, if you are encountering any crashes, please contact our support team here[support.eu.square-enix.com]. They will be able to provide bespoke support for your particular system / driver setup.

Europe: http://support.eu.square-enix.com
America: http://support.na.square-enix.com
Japan: http://support.jp.square-enix.com

Alternatively hit Contact -> Get Support to get in touch with the team.

We hope that you will find our solutions helpful and look forward to improving the game if you are experiencing issues. We’ll continue to monitor the situation, keep you updated, and roll out updates when fixes are made.

The Just Cause team
https://steamcommunity.com/games/517630/announcements/detail/1698317802615929008

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

lol "due to the complexity of the open world" ok

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
when rockstar open worlds spontaneously generate donkey women or haunted swingsets i go "eh, it's a fair cop i s'pose"

just cause, less so

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

The low ammo thing annoys me in so far that trying to target an NPC with the grapple is a pain in the rear end. Same happened in JC3 back then. The hitbox for it to lock on was rather small, two patches or whatever later, you had way more leeway in aiming the grapple.

--edit: Interesting, now that I've bitched about it, the game's more chill about grapple aim. What the hell.
--edit: Actually no, it varies by the game's mood apparently. Also, sometimes after reeling in, I can't shoot for 2-4 seconds.

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Dec 5, 2018

Tragedienne
Sep 7, 2007

"I need your stage no longer. I dance for myself."
I'm having more fun turning trucks and boats into makeshift airships

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Tragedienne posted:

Putting balloons on a ship and thrusters on its back and trying to ride that sucker as far as you can is entertaining. If only you had four grapple slots...so you could have left, right, forward, and balloons.

Modders, get on it.

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

Tragedienne posted:

Someone needs to mod those into JC3 (or better JC2) and then we can just get on with our lives.

I was going back and forth between this game, and buying RDR2 despite the inevitability of both it’s PC port and my buying it twice. The correct choice has become very obvious now.

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

I put 14 hours in before asking Steam for refund. Not sure if they allow it, but eh. Rock Paper Shotgun review is on point.

To add to it I actually liked racing, wing suit etc. challenges in JC3. They are essentially absent from JC4.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I know waterfalls are hard but come on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR4ZyM7Sl9o

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

RatHat posted:

I know waterfalls are hard but come on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR4ZyM7Sl9o

holy poo poo lmao

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
How did they manage to make this look so much worse? Did they throw out all their assets from JC3?

Bizarre.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Speedball posted:

Putting balloons on a ship and thrusters on its back and trying to ride that sucker as far as you can is entertaining. If only you had four grapple slots...so you could have left, right, forward, and balloons.

Modders, get on it.

Turn on the thruster mod for fire opposite to the surface its on, have all 2 be balloons with thusters firing low on tap and strong on hold, the third same thruster setup but no balloons, then attach the balloon thrusters to the sides, and plain thrusters to the back.

Otherwise set the thruster mod for go where your cursor is.

Either way

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Popete posted:

How did they manage to make this look so much worse? Did they throw out all their assets from JC3?

Bizarre.

It can only be some sort of crazy bug or someone fubared the release version because there's no possible way they intended the game to look like that. This isn't even a "I have faith in the company!" thing, there's genuinely no way that the way the game shipped would've been acceptable even for the least :effort: publishers. Hell even the prerelease trailers have a game that looks so much better than whatever this thing is that we've gotten, it's not as if it didn't look good in the first place. As I said before, they'd have to be actively trying to make it look this bad.

Even past that people just aren't happy with how they've changed the mechanics in this game, how you earn unlocks and the chaos destructables. Personally I just want to use it as a physics fuckaround/stunt simulator and make youtube compliation videos but I'm not touching this with a bargepole until it stops being an eyesore.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
If they pushed the wrong release you'd think they would be pretty quick to say "oops we hosed up, just hold tight well we get the right version out."

They already released a very milquetoast response of "we welcome your feedback and will look into any issues".

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

infuriated by investments
They have three dlc's sold in the season pass so they can't entirely just walk away from this trash fire, I would think.

I think part of the problem is that it didn't even sell well in the first place; nobody's talking about his game, there is no buzz anywhere positive or negative. This is a non-game that no-one cares about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It doesn't help that all the Just Cause games look basically the same. It's a tropical or South American island full of red exploding containers.